General Admissions & OTCAS Occupational Therapy 2021-2022 cycle graduate school application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you were in a sorority /fraternity in College did any of you include it in your application (and if so where did you include it)? Thanks!!
I was the philanthropy chair as well as chapter president, so I used it for some supplemental essays and then put it in my leadership/exp part of OTCAS along with other extracirriculars

Members don't see this ad.

Here’s a group for TWU - Denton cohort 2
You're invited to my new group 'TWU OTD 2025 Cohort 💛' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
Hello,
I will be attending TWU,Cohort 2025. I tried to join your GroupMe but it says it‘s unjoinable. Is it still valid? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard anything from UTMB’s waitlist? Has anybody been accepted off of the waitlist?

Has anyone heard from Ohio State?
The only thing I’ve heard is that I didn’t get a first round interview but they were considering me for the second round which I assume I didn’t get by now. Have you heard anything more?

The only thing I’ve heard is that I didn’t get a first round interview but they were considering me for the second round which I assume I didn’t get by now. Have you heard anything more?
My friend was in the second round which happened recently . I wasn’t tho

Has a group chat or Facebook page been created for BU? I’m looking into housing and may be looking for housemates!

Members don't see this ad :)
University: Rider University
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.55
Pre-Req GPA: 3.55-3.7 depending on school prereqs
Letters of Recommendation: 2 OTs, 1 Academic Advisor

Volunteer/Work/Extra-Curriculars: current Special education paraprofessional, Member of Diversity and inclusion committee for my university’s athletic department, and a 4-year NCAA division 1 athlete.

Observation: 180 Internship hours at a outpatient pediatric sensory gymnasium. 40 internship hours for an outpatient pediatric clinic.

I applied to: West Coast University (MSOT) l, Keck GI (OTD) withdrew my application , Loma Linda University (OTD) , and USC (OTD)

Acceptances: West Coast University

Interviews: Loma Linda, West Coast, Keck GI, and USC

Rejections: None, still waiting to hear back from Loma Linda and USC

I was waitlisted at both Texas Tech and TWU. will anyone be giving up their spots? at either school. and did anyone interview at Tech December 3 or 6th get in?

Has anyone heard anything from Pacific University OTD in Hillsboro, OR? Or the University of Puget Sound?

Has anyone heard anything from Pacific University OTD in Hillsboro, OR? Or the University of Puget Sound?
I received an invitation to interview for Pacific University this past week (1/18). They offered me a virtual interview on 2/5 but also stated if I preferred I could wait till 3/5 as they were hoping that interview would be in person. They said they make no decisions until after the last interview. I turned the interview down as I’ve committed to another program.

I received an invitation to interview for Pacific University this past week (1/18). They offered me a virtual interview on 2/5 but also stated if I preferred I could wait till 3/5 as they were hoping that interview would be in person. They said they make no decisions until after the last interview. I turned the interview down as I’ve committed to another program.
Oh what?! I haven’t gotten anything… anyone else not here from Pacific University?

Is anyone attending west coast university‘s MSOT program summer start date?

Is anyone attending west coast university‘s MSOT program summer start date?
Have you been accepted? I emailed Mary about Summer acceptances and she told me that I should hear back by mid February.

University: Boston University
Major: Behavior and Health
GPA: 3.51
Recs: 2 professors (both OTs), and 1 employer
Relevant Activities: Researcher, Personal Care Assistant, Shadowing, Volunteering, Au Pair

Applied: Boston University, MGH, Columbia, West Coast University, USC, USAHS-Miami, UF

Interviewed: Boston University, West Coast University, USC, USAHS

Accepted: West Coast University (MSOT Summer), USC (OTD Fall), University of St. Augustine (Miami)

Rejected: Boston University

Waiting to hear from all schools for financial options etc. before committing but leaning toward USC!! Any advice on how to decide? Anyone confirmed going to USC? Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Has anyone who's interviewed for Rutgers know when we're supposed to hear back from them?

Has anyone in here applied to UW Madison and heard back?

Has anyone in here applied to UW Madison and heard back?
I was accepted on January 14th and received information from the overall UW Madison graduate school a week or two later! I applied in September. The admissions coordinator said acceptances are still coming out, but scholarships wont come out until March/April

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone apply to the University of North Dakota OTD, and complete the zoom interview in January? I'll be interviewing in Feb and I'm looking for any advice/looking for an idea of what to expect.

Hi everyone! I have my first interview in a couple of weeks and i'm wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions for the interview. What types of questions do they typically ask? Thanks so much! Good luck to everyone!! :)

Hi everyone! I have my first interview in a couple of weeks and i'm wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions for the interview. What types of questions do they typically ask? Thanks so much! Good luck to everyone!! :)
Hi I had a couple interviews so far. Some of the repeat questions were the ones you’d expect like “why do you want to be an OT”, “how do you describe OT” , “why this school?” And “why did you choose OT over other health professions”
One of the ones I didn’t expect was “Explain a time when you disagreed with a superior but still had to follow their directions”

Hi Everyone! Did anyone hear back from the Duke OTD yet? I am curious to see how many applicants they had this year since last year was such a large number! Thank you!

Hi Everyone! Did anyone hear back from the Duke OTD yet? I am curious to see how many applicants they had this year since last year was such a large number! Thank you!
Heard a couple weeks ago I was selected for an interview. Not sure how many sessions there are but further info said each session would have ~20 applicants

Heard a couple weeks ago I was selected for an interview. Not sure how many sessions there are but further info said each session would have ~20 applicants
Great! Thank you so much for your help! Congrats on your interview - good luck! :)

Hey! I got an admissions decision on 1/12 but the letter stated it was an early admission notification. Hope this helps!
Thanks so much! I keep getting emails from them about a program preview event and a program admissions folder but no decision yet. I think I missed early decision deadline by a few days

Hello,
I will be attending TWU,Cohort 2025. I tried to join your GroupMe but it says it‘s unjoinable. Is it still valid? Thanks!
Yes! We use it pretty often. I can add you manually with a phone number and your name

Congrats on your acceptances! What was the Hofstra interview like?
The Hofstra interview was definitely not one of the warmest I have experienced. It was a group interview with different rounds of professors. They asked a morality question that definitely caught me off guard a little bit but it was all manageable. They also had the highest deposit required with limited time to put it down and not a guarantee that it would save your spot. I did not end up putting my deposit down with them.

Have you had your interview yet? Just curious how the process went! Congrats!

Same! Do you know if there’s a fb group? I have some housing questions but also, still deciding between WCU and St. Augustine’s
Hey, I was in the same boat as you, but ultimately went with St. Augustine due to the lower rent in the San Marcos area vs LA. I also liked how they gave the flex option so that I am able to balance school on certain days and work during the week to lower tuition expenses.