Office Life WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how about ive posted about a grand total of 10 times all game. Remember I asked specifically to not play this game because I wouldnt be able to pay attention. I'm only here because LIS said he would miss almost all the deadlines. So I'm actually around right at deadlines but (today being a bit odd... the morning was very quiet until now) not around at all during the actual meat of the day or night cycles. I'm only here to make sure LIS doesnt miss a night action or a day vote. If you think the two of us are a combo wolf then its news to me and you should take it up with the guy actually playing, not the emergency plan B if LIS doesnt do anything during the day (what I am)

I imagine it's probably difficult to manage having one role between two people. For that, you have some understanding even if it doesn't change my overall feels about this situation.
 
Did we ever get this answered? I mean, claiming an important role can only protect him if it 100% is back in the game, but it sure looks like it isn't here. It would be an easy lie detector and a no thought vote... but would also mean multiple people are confused in a game where "we can trust all info from the mods."

@StartingoverVet or @kcoughli can you give me an answer so my brain stops twitching over this whole conversation and it's lack of connection to my spreadsheet?

Also, @Trilt , I'm trying to make that same sheet match up with when you said you were swapped to your current role. Could you repeat when the swap happened?

If the roster is UTD, then both Mad Jack and Rojo were separately confused, as they both told me that DocTits was the new BF. I think it's a much easier explanation that they just forgot to put the arrow in. 😛

And re: me - well, that kind of depends on which role you think I have right now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Goddamit DocE, don't get my villager ass lynched by getting in yet another shouting match with people.

I feel like I'm on a runaway mine cart. I check in only to find out some other inane thing DocE has done with .... me.

Ugh.


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
 
I am not a wolf. I am barely following along, which is why I approached SOV and said he might consider replacing me. He came up with this DocE idea instead. And, while it has been funny, it has resulted in some pretty random/erratic play.


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
 
There were two conversion nights. Were both non-originals/wolf converts accounted for?

To recap, Trilt was cleared on the second convert night (though that of course doesn't clear anyone of being an original).
 
There were two conversion nights. Were both non-originals/wolf converts accounted for?

To recap, Trilt was cleared on the second convert night (though that of course doesn't clear anyone of being an original).

DocE/LIS (back prior to the conversions when they were clear) said there were 3 originals and 2 converts. With 3 originals and MJ dead, there's one left.
 
lynch LoTF for now
I'd thought you would be a possible convert candidate earlier in the game. Would like to hear from her
 
We used our first question to assess number of wolves. As should be super apparent by now we used our second to look for a wolf within a cohort (which is how we cleared multiple people in one night prior to presumed conversion).


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
 
I'm going out. But we really need to lynch letitsespana because they have done too much weird, incompetent stuff for it to even be a question at this point. They are absolutely not this incompetent when honest. I will outline it when I get back if needed.

Seriously, there's really no question.
 
I'm going out. But we really need to lynch letitsespana because they have done too much weird, incompetent stuff for it to even be a question at this point. They are absolutely not this incompetent when honest. I will outline it when I get back if needed.

Seriously, there's really no question.
I mean true, and I wouldn't rule it out, but a lot of that was the 'Spana half 😛
 
I mean true, and I wouldn't rule it out, but a lot of that was the 'Spana half 😛

That does not matter. They are both way too good at this game to be making this level of "mistakes" whether they are busy or not. Their only reasoning for what they've done is "oops" and have said nothing beyond that. The lack of discourse about it today only says that they're literally in a corner and don't have anything to say about it.

I could have almost understood saving MJ from lynch *even though* it was clear we were looking for converts (and their info was obviously outdated) with the SOV rule.

But when two quite skilled, long-standing veteran players "misread" their protector role and the person that was supposed to be protected has conveniently died, there is literally no other reasonable option right now.

You guys can obviously do what you want, but this is painful for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That does not matter. They are both way too good at this game to be making this level of "mistakes" whether they are busy or not. Their only reasoning for what they've done is "oops" and have said nothing beyond that. The lack of discourse about it today only says that they're literally in a corner and don't have anything to say about it.

I could have almost understood saving MJ from lynch *even though* it was clear we were looking for converts (and their info was obviously outdated) with the SOV rule.

But when two quite skilled, long-standing veteran players "misread" their protector role and the person that was supposed to be protected has conveniently died, there is literally no other reasonable option right now.

You guys can obviously do what you want, but this is painful for me.

You're overlooking that we flat out came out here and told you our role when everyone was yelling "rah rah rah. find the BF role and kill them." and that literally everyone who would know who the BF role was was dead. WHY would we do this? And then add to it, your entire theory hinges on us reading the role perfectly fine and then faking like we misread it. If that was the case why I have bothered to have made a whole stink about how Rojo's strategy was his own downfall and that he put us in a corner but we followed his request exactly and then as soon as someone pointed out that we misread it.... realize we misread it.

Its not like this is how the role normally works at all. The sentence is always "you cannot protect a person two days in a row" and instead here it is "you can protect someone at most two days in a row" (not claiming SOV's exact wording so chill about that). Its annoyingly close to what everyone is used to and we're extra thrown by being told who was protected last and thus who we cant protect. Which strongly implies a one-and-done phenomenon. Sigh. If you're assuming we're faking making a mistake why let someone show us up about it? why even mention we had the role at all? Why throw ourselves in the limelight? Because we're actually legit trying to be useful and we felt our role was being falsely villainized. We didnt realize we misplayed our role until afterwards.
 
lynch LOTF because Im gonna check in in about one hour and I need to act defensively. We can still potentially save the game by making a block of the wolf. And given current numbers we are either gonna die by wolf tonight or they're gonna skip over us (roll their dice with us being a hero) and you'll all lynch us tomorrow. So. Yea. I know the writing is on the wall if the person we lynch today isnt the wolf, but doing us in today is ******ed on multiple levels, especially if you know there is only one wolf left.

If you really think we are the wolf we will still be massively outnumbered next round and our impending night time death by wolf hands will clear us just fine.
 
You're overlooking that we flat out came out here and told you our role when everyone was yelling "rah rah rah. find the BF role and kill them." and that literally everyone who would know who the BF role was was dead. WHY would we do this? And then add to it, your entire theory hinges on us reading the role perfectly fine and then faking like we misread it. If that was the case why I have bothered to have made a whole stink about how Rojo's strategy was his own downfall and that he put us in a corner but we followed his request exactly and then as soon as someone pointed out that we misread it.... realize we misread it.

Its not like this is how the role normally works at all. The sentence is always "you cannot protect a person two days in a row" and instead here it is "you can protect someone at most two days in a row" (not claiming SOV's exact wording so chill about that). Its annoyingly close to what everyone is used to and we're extra thrown by being told who was protected last and thus who we cant protect. Which strongly implies a one-and-done phenomenon. Sigh. If you're assuming we're faking making a mistake why let someone show us up about it? why even mention we had the role at all? Why throw ourselves in the limelight? Because we're actually legit trying to be useful and we felt our role was being falsely villainized. We didnt realize we misplayed our role until afterwards.

Both Trilt and I knew you had the bf role because both of us have been working with rojo for a couple days now (me since N3) and MJ had also told Trilt before he was killed. One of us would have mentioned it if you didn't out it yourselves but I thought it was fair to allow you to do that.

I just cannot get over that you misread it and on top of that decided to protect the player that was going to be mod killed at any time and thus wasn't worth a night kill.

But in addition, why are you still alive? And how did the wolf know rojo would be unprotected?

I very much think you are the wolf and not the wolf MVP on the villager side.

But you were going to be in the limelight today, whether you chose to put yourself there or someone else had to.
 
Both Trilt and I knew you had the bf role because both of us have been working with rojo for a couple days now (me since N3) and MJ had also told Trilt before he was killed. One of us would have mentioned it if you didn't out it yourselves but I thought it was fair to allow you to do that.

I just cannot get over that you misread it and on top of that decided to protect the player that was going to be mod killed at any time and thus wasn't worth a night kill.

But in addition, why are you still alive? And how did the wolf know rojo would be unprotected?

I very much think you are the wolf and not the wolf MVP on the villager side.

But you were going to be in the limelight today, whether you chose to put yourself there or someone else had to.

I logged in at 6:30 am and noticed LIS again didnt send in a night action. So I protected someone who we had previously cleared. Couldnt (in my mind) protect Jojo, so I went with the only person I knew wouldnt be a wolf.
 
didnt know that at 6:30 am in the morning. Cannot stress how much I've literally only existed (until today when I saw people bitching about my role) as a safety valve for LIS

Well, who do you want to lynch then because I'm doubting they chose to convert lotf. Rojo strongly believed Trilt is a villager and that leaves Deva and he didn't think they would choose a noob to convert as noobs.
 
I really don't understand why Rojo trusted I was a villager - and it actually made me fairly suspicious of him - but he is correct, and lynching me will not net you a wolf. I would have never played the way I have the last couple days as a wolf, and I'm verified as not converted on one of the two days.
 
lynch LoTF for now
I'd thought you would be a possible convert candidate earlier in the game. Would like to hear from her

I'm here now. Still not a wolf. Still have actually never been a wolf.

on multiple levels
The word before this gets you😡 and
Lynch DocE.
You know so much better than that.

She was redirected onto rojo last night so I would put my second choice there.
What is this referencing?
 
Did you redirect trilts actions last night?
Yup. I'm the troublemaker. I stayed up until 2 am with work at 6am trying to figure out how trouble could defend villagers.

I believed rojo that he was working on the villager side (or I was screwed). Deva hasn't said enough to read either way. DocTits was either being felt out by rojo or actually trusted. Caia has said things that I want to read as villager but could go either way. Trilt has been trusted as a villager all game.

Best convert choice was rojo or Trilt. I chose to "stay out of rojo's way" and put my action on Trilt. With the roster the way it was, there was no way Trilt would have an ability that affected anything unless she was a wolf.

I was waiting for news this am that things not only didn't go her way, but importantly didn't go her way. I hadn't made up my mind yet, but your Caia's comment sounds like part of a conversation on another thread... I don't know yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup. I'm the troublemaker. I stayed up until 2 am with work at 6am trying to figure out how trouble could defend villagers.

I believed rojo that he was working on the villager side (or I was screwed). Deva hasn't said enough to read either way. DocTits was either being felt out by rojo or actually trusted. Caia has said things that I want to read as villager but could go either way. Trilt has been trusted as a villager all game.

Best convert choice was rojo or Trilt. I chose to "stay out of rojo's way" and put my action on Trilt. With the roster the way it was, there was no way Trilt would have an ability that affected anything unless she was a wolf.

I was waiting for news this am that things not only didn't go her way, but importantly didn't go her way. I hadn't made up my mind yet, but your Caia's comment sounds like part of a conversation on another thread... I don't know yet.

Nope, I was asking you because after rocky was confirmed a nobody I knew the troublemaker was you.

And really, you're the only person I'm not considering as converted.
 
Nope, I was asking you because after rocky was confirmed a nobody I knew the troublemaker was you.

And really, you're the only person I'm not considering as converted.
Flattered that you assumed (correctly) that I am a villager, but not so much by the reasons why (nobody wants to play with me :spitoutpacifier:). It's cool. 😎
 
unlynch lotf

unless Caia's been playing us, that only leaves me one other choice (which is leading anyway). lynch letitspana
I hope we're not screwed 😛
 
Final Lynch vote

DocLetitsE 4( trilt.caia lotf, deva)
lotf 1 (docletitse)

Waffles: 2

Devyn Memorial Lynch GIF

th


This pictures actual looks a bit like me from my corporate days...
 
Today's lynch episode is appropriately entitled; What's up Doc?

th


The entire purpose of this lynch was to was it establish whether DocE can play like a *****, or not. It went without saying that he was either a really bad wolf, or a really bad villager at the end. Suddenly the role description of Braggard was strangely ironic, as DocE was left to explain his bad play instead of explaining his normally self described "brilliant strategems".

Our live Doc-cam caught his reaction to the maelstrom he caused:
tumblr_mavyrjoiYl1ry10fwo1_500.gif


Meanwhile through all the controversy, although DocE tried to remind us that he was only the "weaker 1/2" of the LetitsEspana pairing, LIS was oddly sidelined, perhaps LIS was just letting DocE get "thrown to the wolves" as punishment for his odd play.

tumblr_mxcfa8JyIy1s9wjxno2_500.gif


The LIS-cam caught this recent scene of LIS commenting on his braggard other half's decisions the last day:

giphy.gif


So after going round and round, the question still remained, would DocE as a wolf be so obvious as to make a last minute save of a fellow wolf in end game? Certainly no experienced player would do that? But would DocE as a villager misread his role description and save someone who was on the verge of being mod-killed instead of the Chairman from N. Jersey? Bad villager Doc? Bad wolf Doc? It is a puzzle inside of a conundrum.

Ultimately it had to be a tossup
%7BF42BAA74-1030-4EEE-B471-56E4E9C3B6D1%7D_Doctor.gif


But the villagers decided, and using good old Espana's, gotta spill some blood to find the truth axiom, they decide to sacrifice DocE and the whole LeTitsEspana team and hope for the best....

DocE's last words are captured here:

grey-anatomy-doctor-animated-gif-5.gif


And the answer is revealed here:
scrubs-doctor-animated-gif-2.gif



LetitsEspana, the Braggard ===> Best friend is a converted back stabbing wolf

Villagers have won the game... congratulations!!!!! Well done. Thanks for playing.

4 corporate types remain...

8- @Caia
14 - @LadyOtheFarm
18 - @Trilt
25. @Devastating.

Dead but still collecting SS and Voting in Presidential primaries
PrincessButterCup, gossip #2 ===> ????
Hazel Moo, Food Delivery Person
Allieh, gossip#3
Stb1473, Auditor #2, back-stabbing wolf.
Gwen, the screwup, chaos.
Wildzoo, best friend ===> ????
Brightimpressio, enabler ===> ????
DVMDream, Master of the Universe ===> ????
katashark, cover-up guy, back-stabbing wolf.
STL, gossip #1
Dyachei nobody #2===> best friend ====> ????
HeyyImhayley, human resources, back-stabbing wolf.
Jilary, MOU==>Nobody #1==>Enabler ===> ?????
Ceph, tinkerer ==> master of universe
Rockatiel, nobody #3
Mad Jack, auditor, back-stabbing wolf
kam325, shy guy
devyn, hacker
thedrjojo, chairman
Finn, loner
LIS/DocE, Braggard ===> Best Friend. back stabbing wolf.

It is Night 12.... Deadline is 6am EST
Reminder: Links to all vote tallies, and day and night results can be found on the 1st official start of game post found here:http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/office-life-ww.1184602/page-2#post-17444810
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad