Office Life WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was trying to be helpful because I saw we hadn't voted and we're about to get mod inactivity penalty.

I'm here to make sure LIS doesn't get that penalty, have some lulz, and be an echo chamber for him. I honestly admit I wasn't following the line of thought when I saw we were tagged to vote with like 5 minutes left and a tie between a guy we cleared and someone we didnt.

Sort of missed the conversion talk. It's whaty I get for helping letits.
 
I was trying to be helpful because I saw we hadn't voted and we're about to get mod inactivity penalty.

I'm here to make sure LIS doesn't get that penalty, have some lulz, and be an echo chamber for him. I honestly admit I wasn't following the line of thought when I saw we were tagged to vote with like 5 minutes left and a tie between a guy we cleared and someone we didnt.

Sort of missed the conversion talk. It's whaty I get for helping letits.
Excuse not accepted. I'm still mad at you, but it's ok, mod justice killed him so you get a pass.

I'm just more mad that you are with another man
 
Everyone loves Kam. Kind of like your friend's little kid brother: can't quite keep up with the big boys and girls, but has a really, really good heart. Kam has struggled through her communications difficulties like a real trooper. Entertaining, insightful, and helpful, there really was never a thought all game long that she cold be anything other than the sweet, goofy, quiet kid that she was.

But the reality was very, very, different. Kam was not just a back stabbing wolf, she was THE back-stabbing wolf. She was the cat herder, keeping all the other wolves in line.

th


She was the blood-thirsty one killing villagers who had exams and were in the hospital.

ScissorStab.gif


She was the noob matching wits with the most experienced veteran WWers and keeping them up at night.

cant_sleep.gif_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.gif


You have lynched kam325, shy guy, and wolf extraordinaire.

th


No you didn't. I was just kidding. You have lynched Kam325 the really sweet villager with the really tough role. Everyone give her props for doing such a great job with the role. In fact, she has done such a good job, that I insist that kam CONTINUE TO POST IN GIFS FOREVER on this thread. No text allowed. We don't want to miss her ingenuity.

7 corporate types remain...

2- @LetItSnow / @DocEspana
4- @devyn
8- @Caia
14 - @LadyOtheFarm
18 - @Trilt
22- @thedrjojo
25. @Devastating.

Dead but still collecting SS and Voting in Presidential primaries
PrincessButterCup, gossip #2 ===> ????
Hazel Moo, Food Delivery Person
Allieh, gossip#3
Stb1473, Auditor #2, back-stabbing wolf.
Gwen, the screwup, chaos.
Wildzoo, best friend ===> ????
Brightimpressio, enabler ===> ????
DVMDream, Master of the Universe ===> ????
katashark, cover-up guy, back-stabbing wolf.
STL, gossip #1
Dyachei nobody #2===> best friend
HeyyImhayley, human resources, back-stabbing wolf.
Jilary, MOU==>Nobody #1==>Enabler ===> ?????
Ceph, tinkerer ==> master of universe
Rockatiel, nobody #3
Mad Jack, auditor, back-stabbing wolf
kam325, shy guy

It is Night 11.... Deadline is 6am EST

Reminder: Links to all vote tallies, and day and night results can be found on the 1st official start of game post found here:http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/office-life-ww.1184602/page-2#post-17444810
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7 corporate types remain...

2- @LetItSnow / @DocEspana
4- @devyn
8- @Caia
14 - @LadyOtheFarm
18 - @Trilt
22- @thedrjojo
25. @Devastating.

Dead but still collecting SS and Voting in Presidential primaries
PrincessButterCup, gossip #2 ===> ????
Hazel Moo, Food Delivery Person
Allieh, gossip#3
Stb1473, Auditor #2, back-stabbing wolf.
Gwen, the screwup, chaos.
Wildzoo, best friend ===> ????
Brightimpressio, enabler ===> ????
DVMDream, Master of the Universe ===> ????
katashark, cover-up guy, back-stabbing wolf.
STL, gossip #1
Dyachei nobody #2===> best friend
HeyyImhayley, human resources, back-stabbing wolf.
Jilary, MOU==>Nobody #1==>Enabler
Ceph, tinkerer ==> master of universe
Rockatiel, nobody #3
Mad Jack, auditor, back-stabbing wolf
kam325, shy guy
Is Finn not on the write up as either alive or dead?
 
In each dysfunctional company there is one crucial person, who makes sure that there is a plan, that company policies are being followed, that the stakeholders are all addressed, and is a rein on any one person doing crazy things. Sometimes the job is mostly ceremonial, especially in a well run company. Sometimes the most important thing to do is to order drinks, and give the CEO and team fat raises. Unfortunately sometimes their job is a lot more difficult: trying to navigate a failing company, trying to find someone to turn the ship around, trying to find the right people to help fix things, and in the worst cases, deciding when it is time to just give up, and shut down, or sell off the pieces.

Our dysfunctional company had a surprisingly effective chairman. Working hard to make sure all the important positions were filled, keeping cronies around who would feed him back the information he so well needed, and most oddly, resisting the back-stabbing urge that had spread through the company, whilst not been back-stabbed himself. It was a delicate path, and it involved a lot of people protecting him, and keeping away the types who would put him at risk, but finally his luck ran out.

Last night, the fortunes of fate were not so kind. So it is that the head honcho has been stabbed in the back - @thedrjojo, Chairman of the Board, the man who has been keeping this disaster a - well if not a finely tuned machine, at least an operating machine, that villager is dead.

In other news, devyn, who had been skirting with missed deadlines througout her career, but somehow managed to stay employed with a last minute miracle each time, finally slept through her final deadline. Her bosses implored the gods to finally remove her from their midsts, and their prayers were answered.
Lightning-striking-again.gif


Dead is @devyn, the hacker villager, who will screw around with the company's books no longer.

5 corporate types remain...

2- @LetItSnow / @DocEspana
8- @Caia
14 - @LadyOtheFarm
18 - @Trilt
25. @Devastating.

Dead but still collecting SS and Voting in Presidential primaries
PrincessButterCup, gossip #2 ===> ????
Hazel Moo, Food Delivery Person
Allieh, gossip#3
Stb1473, Auditor #2, back-stabbing wolf.
Gwen, the screwup, chaos.
Wildzoo, best friend ===> ????
Brightimpressio, enabler ===> ????
DVMDream, Master of the Universe ===> ????
katashark, cover-up guy, back-stabbing wolf.
STL, gossip #1
Dyachei nobody #2===> best friend
HeyyImhayley, human resources, back-stabbing wolf.
Jilary, MOU==>Nobody #1==>Enabler ===> ?????
Ceph, tinkerer ==> master of universe
Rockatiel, nobody #3
Mad Jack, auditor, back-stabbing wolf
kam325, shy guy
devyn, hacker
thedrjojo, chairman
Finn, loner

It is Day 12.... Deadline is 8pm EST (it may be later depending on when my last flight lands).

Reminder: Links to all vote tallies, and day and night results can be found on the 1st official start of game post found here:http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/office-life-ww.1184602/page-2#post-17444810


ps- now that the chairman is dead, there is no longer a faint chance the tinkerer role comes back, which means there is no longer a chance that a resurrection item is made, which means there is no longer a chance the dead can be resurrected. So if you dead want to talk among yourselves, or the mods, you are welcome to.
 
Last edited:
I'm awake for this one! Granted it's because I'm stuck in the emergency clinic with my dog who kept me up all night trying to vomit but hey I'm here! No help though since I'm on my phone

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
well that's perfectly annoying. You are like the person who comes at the end of hours and days of preparation and asks "can I do anything" as the last item is completed. jk

Oops, now I re-read your message and see it was YOUR dog who kept you up (somehow I skimmed and just assumed you were working at an emergency clinic). So sorry to hear that. Hope your dog feels better soon. No worries.. everything was done easy peasy.
 
Is there some reason he wasn't protected last night?
Beyond the most obvious thing of the BF role being dead (main protection), the tinkerer role being dead (no more items in circulation)?

Really the only thing we had left was to see if the troublemaker could guess which character left was the wolf and was able to redirect a kill action on to someone random. I think that failed.

So let's see, with that last 5, what do we know?

(And I gotta drive to work real quick before I'm late... yipe!)
 
Beyond the most obvious thing of the BF role being dead (main protection), the tinkerer role being dead (no more items in circulation)?

Really the only thing we had left was to see if the troublemaker could guess which character left was the wolf and was able to redirect a kill action on to someone random. I think that failed.

So let's see, with that last 5, what do we know?

(And I gotta drive to work real quick before I'm late... yipe!)

The best friend is in the game and that is where my vote is going unless there is some very good reason not to.

Rojo was pretty clear that he very much thought it was the best friend if he died.
 
The BF could also only protect the same person 2 nights in a row. Maybe time ran out? (If they were in the game)

Just thinking through the logic.
 
The best friend is in the game and that is where my vote is going unless there is some very good reason not to.

Rojo was pretty clear that he very much thought it was the best friend if he died.

We are the best friend role. We got swapped to it 2 or 3 rounds ago (go figure out when LIS stopped sounding like me to get the exact timing). Jojo seemed completely aware of that switch based on stuff he said afterwards. Im honestly not following the closest and am finally just getting able to read days old posts now, but wasn't he the one who could swap roles like that?

So go back and read our role. We can't protect the same person twice in a row, says so right in our role write up on page one. When we got the role was the day Jojo said the BF had to protect him that night or he'd have them lynched. And he knew we were the BF. And we couldn't protect ceph because we were told they were the last person protected with the role. That was two nights ago. So we did it since it made sense on multiple levels; but then we couldn't protect him this round. I think him announced the BF had to protect him two nights ago was sort of a crappy strategic move.

Also we tried to protect devyn last night, but the mod overrides us. "You tried to protect devyn, but perhaps greater forces were at work."
 
The BF could also only protect the same person 2 nights in a row. Maybe time ran out? (If they were in the game)

Just thinking through the logic.

wait.

**** **** **** ****.

I screwed this up. I thought I couldnt protect the same person two nights in a row, not a max of two nights in a row. Especially because we were told we couldnt protect ceph for that reason.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, not buying that. Really hope you're the last wolf, because I have no idea where to go after you.

lynch DocE

Right. Because no one knows who the best friend is except me (and LIS). And I fully admit I'm the best friend. Put it right out there as everyone is discussing how they need to lynch them. I even quote the discussion so I know they're discussing it. I do it so I can explain how and what we did. In what world would a wolf do that? Let alone admit they made a mistake too.

I fully admit I'm barely paying attention to the game and im here to make sure LIS doesnt get in trouble for not sending in his actions. Which... again... i submitted my protect devyn action maybe 30 minutes before the deadline because LIS hadnt send anything in. I literally check in here to see if he's done anything and act impulsively if he hasnt. I overlooked that this game has some exotic new spin on the protector role because I had a handful of minutes to send in something

Maybe think this through a bit, genius. We have been cleared twice. I guess you guys are looking for a convert, but clearly we were trusted enough to be given the BF role. Just clearly I need to larn to read closer at 6:30am.
 
Right. Because no one knows who the best friend is except me (and LIS). And I fully admit I'm the best friend. Put it right out there as everyone is discussing how they need to lynch them. I even quote the discussion so I know they're discussing it. I do it so I can explain how and what we did. In what world would a wolf do that? Let alone admit they made a mistake too.

I fully admit I'm barely paying attention to the game and im here to make sure LIS doesnt get in trouble for not sending in his actions. Which... again... i submitted my protect devyn action maybe 30 minutes before the deadline because LIS hadnt send anything in. I literally check in here to see if he's done anything and act impulsively if he hasnt. I overlooked that this game has some exotic new spin on the protector role because I had a handful of minutes to send in something

Maybe think this through a bit, genius. We have been cleared twice. I guess you guys are looking for a convert, but clearly we were trusted enough to be given the BF role. Just clearly I need to larn to read closer at 6:30am.

After the HDM game, I'm seriously not getting into another bitch fest with you, haha.

Rojo said to go after you next, and I agree with him. If you're wolf, you've played a good villager game. If you're villager, the game's going to be really confusing, really fast, going forward. Still think it's important to:
Kill kill kill and sort out the good from the bad at autopsy
at this point with you.
 
at this point with you.

cant argue with you quoting my own philosophy. Though thats more of an early game philosophy so that you have the data points to actually make smart decisions later in the game. I already explained to you Rojo's logic and I went ahead and told you I/we did exactly as he asked. Getting rid of the person cleared twice and who can potentially stop the wolves from killing tonight is not a good use of the data points you have.
 
cant argue with you quoting my own philosophy. Though thats more of an early game philosophy so that you have the data points to actually make smart decisions later in the game. I already explained to you Rojo's logic and I went ahead and told you I/we did exactly as he asked. Getting rid of the person cleared twice and who can potentially stop the wolves from killing tonight is not a good use of the data points you have.

of course if they kill me tonight its sort of a moot point haha. and if they dont kill me tonight you will all come and lynch me tomorrow anyway. I sort of see my own mortality here. But would probably not kill me when I can actually potentially save the game with a lucky night save still.
 
Also we tried to protect devyn last night, but the mod overrides us. "You tried to protect devyn, but perhaps greater forces were at work."

why on earth would you protect devyn?? she was probably the least likely to be wolf killed of everyone. there's basically zero chance the wolf would have bothered using a kill on her.

wait.

**** **** **** ****.

I screwed this up. I thought I couldnt protect the same person two nights in a row, not a max of two nights in a row. Especially because we were told we couldnt protect ceph for that reason.

N8: Dyachei is killed
D9: Hayley is lynched with ceph outing herself
N9: You receive the role, can't use it until the next night so no one is protected. There is a conversion/no kill. Are you saying this wouldn't be a free night to allow you to do whatever the following night with no one protected? I would think with no one protected, it would reset the count.
D10: MJ/Jilary fiasco
N10: you protect rojo, ceph dies
D11: kam lynched
N11: you protect devyn.
 
cant argue with you quoting my own philosophy. Though thats more of an early game philosophy so that you have the data points to actually make smart decisions later in the game. I already explained to you Rojo's logic and I went ahead and told you I/we did exactly as he asked. Getting rid of the person cleared twice and who can potentially stop the wolves from killing tonight is not a good use of the data points you have.

When were you cleared a second time?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mods, can you confirm the roster is up to date?
Did we ever get this answered? I mean, claiming an important role can only protect him if it 100% is back in the game, but it sure looks like it isn't here. It would be an easy lie detector and a no thought vote... but would also mean multiple people are confused in a game where "we can trust all info from the mods."

@StartingoverVet or @kcoughli can you give me an answer so my brain stops twitching over this whole conversation and it's lack of connection to my spreadsheet?

Also, @Trilt , I'm trying to make that same sheet match up with when you said you were swapped to your current role. Could you repeat when the swap happened?
 
lynch caia

Because Im sad that you'd join in on trilt's idea. Also I left a message for my other half to weigh in at some point since they're actually more likely than me to find a wolf (me being humble? You *need* to lynch me for that) and have actually been doing most of the 'thinking' between the two of us. Debate strategy with them til then. I'll be back before day end though.
 
lynch caia

Because Im sad that you'd join in on trilt's idea. Also I left a message for my other half to weigh in at some point since they're actually more likely than me to find a wolf (me being humble? You *need* to lynch me for that) and have actually been doing most of the 'thinking' between the two of us. Debate strategy with them til then. I'll be back before day end though.

Trilt and I have been thoroughly discussing this so my vote isn't anything that hasn't been hashed out extensively. There certainly wasn't any need to kill rojo from my standpoint based on what he was planning for last night.

But conveniently the protector who didn't read their role (when there's two of you??) is still alive and the dude they were supposed to be protecting is dead. And all you have to say for it is "oops, my bad."
 
I've been trying to find a good reason for your play this game and I'm coming up empty.

how about ive posted about a grand total of 10 times all game. Remember I asked specifically to not play this game because I wouldnt be able to pay attention. I'm only here because LIS said he would miss almost all the deadlines. So I'm actually around right at deadlines but (today being a bit odd... the morning was very quiet until now) not around at all during the actual meat of the day or night cycles. I'm only here to make sure LIS doesnt miss a night action or a day vote. If you think the two of us are a combo wolf then its news to me and you should take it up with the guy actually playing, not the emergency plan B if LIS doesnt do anything during the day (what I am)