OFFICIAL 2009 Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, first post!

I read that a couple people were asking about Temple and I was just on their website and saw a link to an update stating that they will send out interview notifications around the weekend of the 17th. It also said that they would update the site once all interview notifications had been sent :scared:

Here is a link to the page on Temple's website

Did anyone else apply there??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
This is my first time posting but I've been following the thread for about a week. I have some news to share:
I just got an email from the assistant DCT at University of Maryland (College Park) inviting me to interview on February 7th.

Good luck everyone!

just got an interview at michigan state, clinical psych! Email sent by the clinical psychology admissions committee and the interview is on Feb13
:D first interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, first post!

I read that a couple people were asking about Temple and I was just on their website and saw a link to an update stating that they will send out interview notifications around the weekend of the 17th. It also said that they would update the site once all interview notifications had been sent :scared:

Here is a link to the page on Temple's website

Did anyone else apply there??

Thanks so much for posting that lbug312! I applied to Temple too, and having an idea of when invites will go out makes it so much easier :)

Haha. Yeah, sorry to scare you there! ...But at least you can relax for two more weeks!
And no, I didn't contact him to ask about interviews. I had emailed him a few months ago while initially preparing an application and, from what he said, I guess when he saw my application, he decided to email me and let me know when interview invites came out. I guess that means at least I'm still in the running! :xf:

nice! yeah i am wary about the whole emailing POIs to ask them about when they are sending invites... it's like, yeah you want to remind them that you're still out there, but then again, they already know that you're interested, so you don't want to be over-zealous either. definitely keep me posted if you hear back (and v.v.)!!

just got an interview at michigan state, clinical psych! Email sent by the clinical psychology admissions committee and the interview is on Feb13
:D first interview!

Me too! Yay!

To the person (people?) who got an invite from the University of Denver, could you please clarify whether that was for the Clinical Child PhD or the Clinical PsyD? Thanks, and congratulations!!

I just heard from my POI via email that i have an interview at UMass Amherst for February 6th and 7th. I am very excited!

hi all,

has anyone applied to/heard from any of the following schools?:

Northwestern University (Feinberg School of Medicine)
Loyola University Chicago
University of IL - Chicago
DePaul University
Boston University
UMass Boston
Columbia University (Teacher's College)
Fordham University

thanks!

I apologize for not responding when you first posted on 1/5, but I am just now catching up reading all the posts on the thread-- I also applied to Fordham and Teachers College and haven't heard anything.

On 1/6, I heard that Fordham has received an overwhelming number of applications and have not even begun looking at them yet. So no worries on not hearing!

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I apologize for not responding when you first posted on 1/5, but I am just now catching up reading all the posts on the thread-- I also applied to Fordham and Teachers College and haven't heard anything.

On 1/6, I heard that Fordham has received an overwhelming number of applications and have not even begun looking at them yet. So no worries on not hearing!

Good Luck!

Thanks for posting! That is good to hear. It seems like all of the schools I applied to are a little bit later on the game... I'm trying not to totally freak out! :D

I just heard from my POI via email that i have an interview at UMass Amherst for February 6th and 7th. I am very excited!

Congrats! Who was your POI if you don't mind me asking?

Whomever heard from the University of Denver, would you be willing to share your POI?

I see the thread is updated with Wash U being one of the newly updated schools..

Who heard back from Wash U???

Members don't see this ad :)
hey all,
I haven't heard back yet at all, in my uneasy state of mind am wondering if anyone knows of any clinical programs I could check out with deadlines after Jan. 15?

hey all,
I haven't heard back yet at all, in my uneasy state of mind am wondering if anyone knows of any clinical programs I could check out with deadlines after Jan. 15?

I think it's too early for you to completely write yourself off. I still haven't had any interview invites, but as it turns out, my schools don't seem to be at the point of inviting people until the last week in January, it looks like. I would try checking in w/ the admissions people at your schools, and see if they can give you a sense of whether invites have been sent out yet (or when they will be). I know it's totally nerve-wracking... I'm an anxious wreck every day as it is and check this site WAYYY too often, but don't lose hope!! :D

I agree and there is always the APA published list of schools you can look at after April 15th...

Last edited:
Is anyone waiting on Arizona?? I called today and she said they were in the process of making calls, so i just wanted to see if anyone is waiting in anxiety along with me and if i should continue to check here for an update?

Just received an e-mail from my POI at Clark University inviting me to an interview!!! It will either be Feb 11 or 13. My first invite and I'm so excited!!! YAY!!!

University of Miami, Clinical Psychology- 1/13/2009. Contacted for Interview by phone. Interview Weekend 2/13-2/14.

Hey all,

I got a call from my POI yesterday with an invite to interview on either 2/6 or 2/9 for the clinical child Ph.D. Good luck to everyone! :)

two invites today! :) both clinical...

university of missouri-columbia, contacted by POI, interview on jan 30th

virginia tech, contacted by POI, interview on feb 13th

I just completely freaked out! I got off work and checked the mail and there was an envelope from University of Oregon. After I finally worked up the nerve to open it I realized that it was just a letter saying that my app was received and a brochure about campus. So anyone waiting on U of Oregon, they are just now sending letters that apps are received so no worries.

Just received an e-mail from my POI at Clark University inviting me to an interview!!! It will either be Feb 11 or 13. My first invite and I'm so excited!!! YAY!!!

Got one too - three cheers!

Also, I've only just recently received a letter and email from Wayne State that my application was received and is complete.

Ok now I'm worried. I got an email today saying that the grad school has processed my application and forwarded it to the department today for their "initial review". Well, someone has been contacted by the POI for the interview and I'm now thinking that they won't look at my app. I did submit it before the deadline though. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is it possible that my application won't be looked at because the grad school took so long to forward it????

Is anyone waiting on Arizona?? I called today and she said they were in the process of making calls, so i just wanted to see if anyone is waiting in anxiety along with me and if i should continue to check here for an update?

hey jenni, are you talking about University of Arizona or Arizona State??

Ok now I'm worried. I got an email today saying that the grad school has processed my application and forwarded it to the department today for their "initial review". Well, someone has been contacted by the POI for the interview and I'm now thinking that they won't look at my app. I did submit it before the deadline though. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is it possible that my application won't be looked at because the grad school took so long to forward it????

Unfortunately, I have no answer for you, but I can tell you that one school has now sent me 2 emails, and 1 letter via snail mail saying my application is complete, and this is as recent as Tuesday. But people have already been hearing back from them for a while, and as of Tuesday they were going to pass my application along for review. So I'm wondering the same thing, and I sent my application in early as well. I'm really nervous :/

U Missouri Columbia's sending out invites? Guess another one down, heh. :/

does anyone know if emory has extended all invites? :scared:

I am waiting on Arizona too! Although, I know that some people have already heard.

Also - has anyone heard anything from Rutgers, Temple, or University of Pennsylvania (Clinical Phd)

For University of Miami Interview -- what track did you apply to? I am so nervous!

Hi Everyone,

I've applied to the following schools, and haven't heard from any of them yet, so if you are applying to the same school, can you let me know if you have/haven't heard yet? Thanks! Good luck everybody... it's been a looooong process.

Schools:

Psy.D.:

C.W. Post
University of Hartford
Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
The Chicago School
Alliant (LA & San Francisco)
Pace
Yeshiva

Ph.D.:

Adelphi.

Hey Lucy - sorry for the confusion, I am waiting on University of Arizona
AnxiousLeigh - Have people heard from U of A or just Arizona State?!?!

hey jenni, are you talking about University of Arizona or Arizona State??

Hey all,
First time posting here. This is my second go around with apps and I know it can be incredibly anxiety inducing (trust me more so the second time around). So for those of you who applied to Emory I thought I would pass some info along. I contacted the grad secretary today to see when I might hear something, and she indicated that all interview invitations will be extended by Friday (1/16). I myself havent recieved an interview invite, which sucks, hopefully I will hear something in the next two days, but I do feel better knowing when I am rejected, so I am not holding out false hope, so I thought those of you wondering, might like to know as well. If you are waiting on emory, and don't hear anything by Friday, sorry, but we can be sad together:(

AhHHH, agony!!! I couldn't answer a phone call today because I was in a meeting. I later googled the area code and it was the area of Oxford, OH. So, I called it back and it rang to the Miami University switchboard! I missed the call from my POI!!!!! They'll call back right? I mean the rational side of me knows they will, but the anxious-checking-this-site-too-often side of me is kicking myself for not walking out of that darn grant meeting to answer a call from an unknown number! Blast!!

I heard from U Oregon 1/9 I think. My POI called me for interview Jan 29-Feb1

Sorry, I forgot to say that was for clinical PhD

AhHHH, agony!!! I couldn't answer a phone call today because I was in a meeting. I later googled the area code and it was the area of Oxford, OH. So, I called it back and it rang to the Miami University switchboard! I missed the call from my POI!!!!! They'll call back right? I mean the rational side of me knows they will, but the anxious-checking-this-site-too-often side of me is kicking myself for not walking out of that darn grant meeting to answer a call from an unknown number! Blast!!

I totally understand where you're coming from, but I heard a great piece of advice once. I was told never to answer unknown phone calls during grad school or internship application periods. You should let them leave a message or call back, so you have time to compose yourself, brush up (quickly) on the program & POI, etc. I know it's easy to be anxious to hear good news, but you don't want an unpolished reaction to leave a negative impression. Besides, you not answering won't change your status. So, for what it's worth, I thought I'd pass that advice along in this thread. :)

Hey Lucy - sorry for the confusion, I am waiting on University of Arizona
AnxiousLeigh - Have people heard from U of A or just Arizona State?!?!

I'm waiting to hear from U. of AZ too. I tried calling last week and got a voicemail that said they'd be back on 1/9 so I'm guessing they just got the apps this week. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. Who's your POI there? (PM me:))

I think this has happened to me at one of my schools too, and has happened to me in the past. I applied to a bunch of programs for this reason, because some apps drop themselves (GRE scores not sent by ETS properly, admissions does not process app, LOR lost in mail, etc.), but it's still no comfort.

Hi All: I just wanted to let all parties interested in the POI from Miami know that I was contacted by Alexandra Quittner, from the Child Division of UM

Hi Everyone,

I've applied to the following schools, and haven't heard from any of them yet, so if you are applying to the same school, can you let me know if you have/haven't heard yet? Thanks! Good luck everybody... it's been a looooong process.

Schools:

Psy.D.:

C.W. Post
University of Hartford
Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
The Chicago School
Alliant (LA & San Francisco)
Pace
Yeshiva

Ph.D.:

Adelphi.

I also applied to Yeshiva's PsyD program and have yet to hear anything. Good luck!!

For interested parties:

1. If you applied to Temple prior to their switch to the ApplyYourself system, I would strongly recommend calling to confirm that your application is complete. Until I called and clarified, the secretary there thought my app wasn't completed because my recs were submitted through the old system.

2. I spoke to the graduate coordinator at Stony Brook who said that they haven't even begun reviewing apps yet. So...don't fret if you haven't heard from them!

Is this process over yet or what? ;)

University of Miami - Email from Prof on 1/13, phone interview on 1/15. On campus interview 2/13 & 2/14! Developmental track! Yeah!!!!

Georgia State will be meeting on the 26th to select applicants and then will begin notifying applicants that week for interviews.

Last edited:
What kinds of questions were people asked during phone interviews?

Tude85, check out the interview feedback on SDN located in the header of the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.