Official 2013-2014 GI fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first rejection too - from University of Washington :-(

INV: 0
REJ: UVA (07/24), University of Washington (07/29)

:(

Members don't see this ad.

Invites

Upenn- 7/23
UVA - 7/25

Rejections

UVA-7/24
UWash- 7/29

Good to know some programs still have a pulse.

noticed that if rejected the email is through eras versus personal email from program for invitation.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got some news today, unfortunately not great:

Invite
-none :-(

Reject
-UWash

Stats (not necessarily up to SDN's regulars): AMG (US citizen), Midwest Univ Program, Step 1/2- 232/237, multiple research projects (clinical and basic science), 2 clinical GI projects, 1 non-GI publication, 0 GI pubs, 4 regional posters, LOR from GI prog director at top 20 GI program

Applied to 92 programs

First treat for the season......Rejection from Uni of Washington too....probably many more to come.....
Good luck guys...

Invites

Upenn- 7/23
UVA - 7/25

Rejections

UVA-7/24
UWash- 7/29

Good to know some programs still have a pulse.

noticed that if rejected the email is through eras versus personal email from program for invitation.
someone also mentioned loyola interview on page 3; though they havent even retrieved my application yet.
for some reason i didn't apply to Uni of VA, Mayo roch and U Wash; i guess i saved some bucks there,
lets keep each other motivated

someone also mentioned loyola interview on page 3; though they havent even retrieved my application yet.
for some reason i didn't apply to Uni of VA, Mayo roch and U Wash; i guess i saved some bucks there,
lets keep each other motivated

For me Loyola, Tufts, UNM and penn state have not retrieved my application yet!!!

Tufts and Minnesota have not downloaded my application yet either.

No rejections, no interviews. The waiting is killing me!:luck:

:scared:

Friends, How can I leave you guys alone?? :(

First rejection of the season.. U of Washington..

got similar stats but from northeast univ program. I just applied on this side of the us corridor and some progs out west. I am thinking of adding more programs.

Invite

Reject
-UWash

Stats (not necessarily up to SDN's regulars): AMG (US citizen), Midwest Univ Program, Step 1/2- 232/237, multiple research projects (clinical and basic science), 2 clinical GI projects, 1 non-GI publication, 0 GI pubs, 4 regional posters, LOR from GI prog director at top 20 GI program

Applied to 92 programs

got similar stats but from northeast univ program. I just applied on this side of the us corridor and some progs out west. I am thinking of adding more programs. Maybe with uwash it was regional rejection

Any IMG applicants needing j1 visa got interviews on this thread?

So far UVA and UW rejections. No invites!

Members don't see this ad :)
New to the forum - just thought I'd post to let people know whos sending out invites. I know this process can be frustrating because you never really know what everyone is doing.

Interviews - Yale, UNC, Mayo
Rejections - none so far

Very quiet day for GI today. Unlike other specialties.

So far: 0 IVs
0 rejections.

Heard from one of my friends applying to card that programs usually invite AMGs and super IMGs with irresistible creds. Then after that they start inviting IMGs with decent creds.

Good luck everyone. And keep posting IVs and rejections.

New to the forum - just thought I'd post to let people know whos sending out invites. I know this process can be frustrating because you never really know what everyone is doing.

Interviews - Yale, UNC, Mayo
Rejections - none so far

can you please share your credentials? Good luck.

Does the US News Reports rankings for best GI hospitals correlate at all with Fellowship Training?? Can you comment on the best training programs. E.g. how would the Top 30 in the US News Best hospital list rank as training programs. I see lot of good programs missing like UTSW, UAB, UIowa, UMinn etc. A faculty point of view would be insightful.

Rankings are overrated and have a fair amount of lobbying by the hospitals.

Invite

Reject
-UWash

Applied to 92 programs

Whoa, 92!! Why so many? Maybe too early in the season? Your stats are decent, should be able to score some good interviews.

New to the forum and just wanted to update the overall interview/reject list:

Interviews:
Mayo Rochester
University of Miami
University of Missouri
Univeristy of North Carolina
University of Pennsylvania
University of Virginia
Yale

Rejects:
University of Virginia
University of Washington

Good luck to everyone!

New to the forum and just wanted to update the overall interview/reject list:

Interviews:
Mayo Rochester
University of Miami
University of Missouri
Univeristy of North Carolina
University of Virginia
Yale

Rejects:
University of Virginia
University of Washington

Good luck to everyone!
Vermont IV

DocIM, thanks for the support, I hope you are right. Regarding the number of apps, I really wasn't too sure where I would fall amongst all the other applicants, so I tried to apply to "reach", "difficult", and "matchable" programs. I got a bit carried away by the end, but decided if I was lucky enough to get more interviews then I can potentially cut back rather than miss an opportunity.

Thanks everyone for keeping this forum updated!!

can you please share your credentials? Good luck.

IMG, US Citizen
Steps 1,2,3 - 216, 252, 239
Northeast University Residency; Current Chief Resident
9 GI Publications (7 first author); Oral presentations at DDW and SAGES
2 External Foundation Grants for current research projects

rcvd interview late last week.

orangess. GI fellowship progs are constipated :laugh:

Hang in there. I believe most progs have a 7/31 deadline and we should see a lot of action beginning end of this week and start of next.

congrats. Colleague in my program also got Yale IV this week.

Yeah. Dont stress out. Our programs fellowship coordinator (secretary) went on vacation this past week. Clearly not the ideal time to be doing that but there are a lot of other factors that play into this when programs send out interviews. Some programs just plan to wait until mid/end of August to allow for late applications to come in and some send them out in waves. Hard to know.

Am I the only one who thinks that this

can you please share your creds?

is the SDN version of this?

hD450EEDA

tried to smoke me out of SDN huh?
y'all must've forgot!:eek:
[YOUTUBE="jyqDA4-JUJU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/YOUTUBE]

i hope wesleysniper wasnt banned be cuz of that corney/awesome video he posted.

Am I the only one who thinks that this

is the SDN version of this?

hD450EEDA

:laugh::laugh:

No, you're not the only one. I guess some people just can't help themselves.

Yeah. Dont stress out. Our programs fellowship coordinator (secretary) went on vacation this past week. Clearly not the ideal time to be doing that but there are a lot of other factors that play into this when programs send out interviews. Some programs just plan to wait until mid/end of August to allow for late applications to come in and some send them out in waves. Hard to know.
0 ivs
0 rejections
is my eras working??

Rejection Vanderbilt.

They are looking forward to me applying next year!!!!
WTF... Do they think I'm not going to match this year!!!

week finishes with 3 rejections...

U of wash...
U of VA
Vanderbilt

Hopefully next week will bring in some good news...:thumbup:

3 Rejections-
U Washington
U Virginia
Vanderbilt Univ

No IVs!!

My status so far

Rejections:
U Washington
U Virginia
Vanderbilt Univ

IVs: 0

Kinda getting anxious !!

I have not gotten any invites yet. Still with one rejection - University of Washington

Looking at last years threads it should pick up over the next two weeks

Did anyone send a campy on their medical diploma to the university of Arizona? This was mentioned on their website.

Did anyone send a campy on their medical diploma to the university of Arizona? This was mentioned on their website.

Sorry autocorrection. I meant to ask.
Did anyone send a copy of their medical diploma to the university of Arizona? This was mentioned as requirement on their website ?

So the University of Minnesota finally decided to join the party yesterday afternoon.

Today's the day boys. I feel some IVs coming our way.

I think this is the most updated list. Please update as you see fit.

Interviews:
Boston Medical Center
Mass General
Mayo Jacksonville
Mayo Rochester
University of Colorado
UCLA
University of Miami
University of Missouri
University of North Carolina
University of Rochester
University of Vermont
University of Virginia
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Yale

Rejections:
University of Virginia
University of Washington
Vanderbilt

Last edited:
I think this is the most updated list. Please update as you see fit.

Interviews:
Boston Medical Center
Mass General
Mayo Jacksonville
Mayo Rochester
University of Colorado
UCLA
University of Miami
University of Missouri
University of North Carolina
University of Rochester
University of Vermont
University of Virginia
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Yale

Rejections:
University of Virginia
University of Washington
Vanderbilt

When did university of Rochester send their invites??

I actually just applied to that program today LOL. I forgot why I crossed it out of my list but I saw no compelling reason today not to apply. Did you figure out how to send a copy? Thanks man.

Sorry autocorrection. I meant to ask.
Did anyone send a copy of their medical diploma to the university of Arizona? This was mentioned as requirement on their website ?

Status
Not open for further replies.