Official 2013-2014 GI fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as Mass Gen & UCLA? Love Doctor are these your interview invitations? If So Congrats! Just wanted to make sure this was for the right thread since many of these programs had not been mentioned here before.

Members don't see this ad.

Rochester, I received this morning. UCLA and MGH were colleagues. I didn't apply to those programs.

Hello,
Thank you very much for your interest in the University of Vermont Gastroenterology Fellowship Program.
Your application has been carefully reviewed, but unfortunately we have limited interview slots and cannot offer an interview opportunity to every applicant. Due to this limitation, I regret to inform you that we will not be inviting you to interview with our program.
Also, because we have a very large number of applications, I am unable to provide comment or feedback for each individual candidate.
We at Fletcher Allen Health Care wish you a successful career as well as luck in your application and interview process.

Thank you,
Linsey Greenwood
University of Vermont
Gastroenterology Program Coordinator

The above is for me...anyone else joining me???

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep same here, still no interviews. Please tell me I'm not alone

Yup, Same here,

No IVs yet,
Getting worried here.

Hello,
Thank you very much for your interest in the University of Vermont Gastroenterology Fellowship Program.
Your application has been carefully reviewed, but unfortunately we have limited interview slots and cannot offer an interview opportunity to every applicant. Due to this limitation, I regret to inform you that we will not be inviting you to interview with our program.
Also, because we have a very large number of applications, I am unable to provide comment or feedback for each individual candidate.
We at Fletcher Allen Health Care wish you a successful career as well as luck in your application and interview process.

Thank you,
Linsey Greenwood
University of Vermont
Gastroenterology Program Coordinator

The above is for me...anyone else joining me???

Same !!

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for applying to our Gastroenterology Fellowship Program here at
Vanderbilt University Medical Center. We received a number of well-qualified
applications and gave your application a thorough review. After careful
consideration, we have identified other applicants that better meet the needs
of the department for our Fellowship Program.

Sincerely,
Scharneitha

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for applying to our Gastroenterology Fellowship Program here at
Vanderbilt University Medical Center. We received a number of well-qualified
applications and gave your application a thorough review. After careful
consideration, we have identified other applicants that better meet the needs
of the department for our Fellowship Program.

Sincerely,
Scharneitha

That is absurdly and unnecessarily harsh.

first rejection of the season, my eras has a pulse

These damn Medscape, AMA, and Qu*ntiaMD emails are driving me mad! Damn tease!:scared:

Last edited:
Anyone still waiting for application to be downloaded by programs or its only me??
1. Penn state
2. UMDNJ (not Robert Wood Johnson)
3. Vidant.

Good luck to all...

Members don't see this ad :)
same position with those three programs, dont know how i applied to Vidant?

Post-game update. I've added what I've heard and read. Feel free to do the same.

Interviews:
Boston Medical Center
Case Western
Mass General
Mayo Jacksonville
Mayo Rochester
SUNY Upstate
UCLA
University of Colorado
University of Miami
University of Missouri
University of North Carolina
University of Pennsylvania
University of Rochester
University of Vermont
University of Virginia
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
Yale

Rejections:
University of Vermont
University of Virginia
University of Washington
Vanderbilt

Anyone hear from Hopkins? This thread has 20,000 +views and no AMGs are posting WTF. Thinking about applying to some more programs in the south any good prog down sourth. Any comments on emory or mcog?

Interviews so far at University of Washington and Colorado...No news recently though

I did actually hear from Hopkins today - the list looks otherwise updated from what I've heard

Just got an invite from University of Florida...

Thanks man. And btw, just to answer digest's recent post, UMDNJ and Penn State have not downloaded my application as well.

LekEmDee,
How about Vidant Medical Center? Did they download your application?

Anyone still waiting for application to be downloaded by programs or its only me??
1. Penn state
2. UMDNJ (not Robert Wood Johnson)
3. Vidant.

Good luck to all...

They haven't downloaded any of mine either as of yet...

Only heard from one program so far:
Parkview Med Center: Pueblo, CO (osteopathic)

Good luck all.

Updates regarding invitations:
- univ of buffalo
- univ of New Mexico

The info is based on calling the programs.

My inbox is empty except for few rejections! So far, this season is worse than last one!

Rejection from Methodist Dallas, TX.

Inbox is getting full of rejections here...
Feels like this season is going to be difficult...
Anyone else in the same boat???

Last edited:
My application is better than last year, last I applied with abstracts only, this season I have publications! Ironically, last season I had interviews and this one NONE.
Why? Are there more applicants or what?!

Hey, why nobody sends me any rejection? You guys get rejections or interviews but I only got 1 rej from Vanderbilt, thats all.

Hey Teezi. How many IVs did u get last year by this time? I guess it's getting tougher for visa requiring IMGs !!

IV from SUNY Stony Brook and Dartmouth. Hoping more to come soon.

It's been a stressful experience so far.
I thought I had a decent or even good application, all my mentors said I would match without a problem. So far I received no interviews and 3 rejections. Meanwhile I have got 2 papers accepted for publication and almost done with another two!!!
Don't want to be pessimistic, but I'm starting to plan for next year.
Hope things are better with you guys.

I'm an AMG,
First-time applicant
30+ applications
0 IVs
2 rejections (UVA and Methodist Dallas yesterday)

still hoping....

Status
Not open for further replies.