Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Today, a lot of people got acceptances to medical school. I instead got 3 (kind) rejections in a 3 hours span hahahah

Ugh! Post interview or pre? You have the same stats as mine!

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh! Post interview or pre? You have the same stats as mine!

Pre-interview! They were from some of the reaches I applied to so I didn't have high expectations... still stung a little all at once though haha

Reactions: 1 user
any idea if its too late to send additional secondaries? i finished 14 but i do have a few more i could do. definitely in need of advice and/or words of encouragement :)

I would go ahead and do them, especially if the school screens for secondaries. Schools are still receiving secondary apps, and you never know what may come of it. I just received a secondary from a school 2 months after submitting my primary, and you can be sure I'm filling it out! This process can be unpredictable, so take advantage of every opportunity!

Members don't see this ad :)
Things you can do while you wait: Infinite.

Things you can do to get a II faster: Nothing.

So why are you waiting? If it's going to come, it will come. Just go enjoy yourselves, work hard, and don't focus on this.

God this is so true though. Except for schools like Drexel that require you check the portal I have no idea why I check any sites for secondaries...Like they will magically appear or something, lol. Premed gods, please smile upon me before this month is over.

Looks like I'll be on SDN hiatus for the next couple of days. I'm happy for those who got accepted but it just adds to the stress while I'm sitting here with complete silence from all of my schools. Constantly checking my email and list of portals has me neurotic as it is.

Same here...But honestly 100000000% congrats to those who got acceptances today, you are all complete studs and busted your @$$ for years to make it to today!! Wishing you all the best to whatever school you select.

Pre-interview! They were from some of the reaches I applied to so I didn't have high expectations... still stung a little all at once though haha

Ugh awful. Was it because they didn't ask for a photo?;). Just kidding. That really sucks. This cycle has been very weird

Ugh awful. Was it because they didn't ask for a photo?;). Just kidding. That really sucks. This cycle has been very weird

Haha maybe if they did, it would have added a couple points to my application ;)

And yes, it has. That is why I won't be panicking until after my first interview :)

tfw finally got a II. Phew. Finally. now I'm anxious though.

Reactions: 10 users
Well, while we're all here, may as well try to make the best of it! I wanna know... what's the weirdest thing you've done while waiting for II's?
I'll go first:
-started playing the piano again after a 12 year hiatus. I was better when I was 10.
-blocked SDN/similar websites and set them to redirect to various videos of kittens/puppies/babies. Unfortunately I know how to override my own scripts, so here I am -__-
-came across a mountain lion while out running by myself and had my first thought be "if it attacks and I survive, I am SO submitting an application update"

All this in addition to driving everyone around me crazy, of course. Please tell me you guys are going as nuts as I am.

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

This is my first post on this thread. I really don't know where to turn. I have a "LizzyM" score of 70.5 with a 3.85 GPA (molecular biology and chemistry) and a 32 on the MCAT. I've gotten rejected from SIU and Indiana, no word from Albany, Drexel, EVMS, GW, Dartmouth, Loyola, Mayo (I know, I just fell in love with their program), MCW, NYMC, Quinnipiac, Rosalind Franklin, Rush, SLU, Vermont, Iowa, or UIC. I got a phone interview from Western Michigan a few weeks ago. I sent in my secondaries between mid-July and mid-August.

I don't want to sound boastful, but I really can't pinpoint what exactly the deficiency in my application is. I have hundreds of hours of clinical and non-clinical volunteering both independently and as a part of student organizations. I have hundreds of hours of research in two labs, including a publication in a microbiology journal. I am a TA in organic and general chemistry. I've shadowed. I was elected to the Student Senate and hold leadership positions in other capacities. I worked incredibly hard on each essay and didn't just cut and paste the same thing to different schools. In short, I truly felt proud of my application when I sent it in.

What is the problem? Did I pick schools that are too selective? Do my essays blow completely without me realizing it? I just don't know what to do. People tell me that things will pick up after mid-October but I don't know if that's true, or if people are telling me what I want to hear, or if people just don't know. I've been trying to focus on other things but it's not easy. I've never wanted to be anything other than a doctor and I see that dream slipping away with every successive day of silence. It's become very difficult for me to fall asleep. Does anyone have any advice or insight into this?

Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users
no word from Albany, Drexel, EVMS, GW, Dartmouth, Loyola, Mayo (I know, I just fell in love with their program), MCW, NYMC, Quinnipiac, Rosalind Franklin, Rush, SLU, Vermont, Iowa, or UIC.

Crossing my fingers you might get some love from these schools!
Not being rejected from Mayo might be a good thing.

Perhaps SIU and Indiana, are practicing yield protection?

I think it's too early to be sure, many schools are still intercepting applicants now. I've heard that one should start worrying in November.

If you don't get any, are you sure no one sunk you in your recs?

Good luck! I am rooting and praying for all of us.

[QUOTEIf you don't get any, are you sure no one sunk you in your recs?
\QUOTE]

Oh god do people do that?

[QUOTEIf you don't get any, are you sure no one sunk you in your recs?
\QUOTE]

Oh god do people do that?
Oh yes. One of my rec letter writers for grad school wrote a bad letter (aka I would not want him to be my doctor) for some guy wanting to go to med school. The kid found out when we did not get in anywhere and then threatened to kill the prof and his family. My school was put on lockdown.

Reactions: 4 users
Oh yes. One of my rec letter writers for grad school wrote a bad letter (aka I would not want him to be my doctor) for some guy wanting to go to med school. The kid found out when we did not get in anywhere and then threatened to kill the prof and his family. My school was put on lockdown.

Good lord. I had never even considered this as a possibility. All of my letter writers are people I have good relationships with and seemed enthusiastic about writing them but I guess you never know. Still, I have difficulty imagining someone doing something that cruel. But if somebody straight-up said that they didn't think I should get in, wouldn't that be more of an automatic rejection than just silence?

Reactions: 1 users

Now, I'm wondering if I might have bad LORs...

Hey you got a DO II, I just saw, so then your recs cannot be the problem. Thank god.

Hey you got a DO II, I just saw, so then your recs cannot be the problem. Thank god.

Heh, this application process is making me paranoid.

I've got one rejection and a hold from MD schools but silence from the other 18 MD schools even though I've seen people complete later than me be rejected. I know I have no chance but it's aggravating.

I guess his professor was on to something.

Reactions: 10 users

Last edited:
Waiting for an II is beyond frustrating... literally don't know what to do with myself.

Reactions: 3 users
Well I'm back in here. One II with subsequent rejection leaves me back at square one.

waits patiently....

Well I'm back in here. One II with subsequent rejection leaves me back at square one.

waits patiently....
I am so sorry, I know exactly how it feels! Rejection after the interview is so excruciating and debilitating. Just don't give up! *Hug* :)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

This is my first post on this thread. I really don't know where to turn. I have a "LizzyM" score of 70.5 with a 3.85 GPA (molecular biology and chemistry) and a 32 on the MCAT. I've gotten rejected from SIU and Indiana, no word from Albany, Drexel, EVMS, GW, Dartmouth, Loyola, Mayo (I know, I just fell in love with their program), MCW, NYMC, Quinnipiac, Rosalind Franklin, Rush, SLU, Vermont, Iowa, or UIC. I got a phone interview from Western Michigan a few weeks ago. I sent in my secondaries between mid-July and mid-August.

I don't want to sound boastful, but I really can't pinpoint what exactly the deficiency in my application is. I have hundreds of hours of clinical and non-clinical volunteering both independently and as a part of student organizations. I have hundreds of hours of research in two labs, including a publication in a microbiology journal. I am a TA in organic and general chemistry. I've shadowed. I was elected to the Student Senate and hold leadership positions in other capacities. I worked incredibly hard on each essay and didn't just cut and paste the same thing to different schools. In short, I truly felt proud of my application when I sent it in.

What is the problem? Did I pick schools that are too selective? Do my essays blow completely without me realizing it? I just don't know what to do. People tell me that things will pick up after mid-October but I don't know if that's true, or if people are telling me what I want to hear, or if people just don't know. I've been trying to focus on other things but it's not easy. I've never wanted to be anything other than a doctor and I see that dream slipping away with every successive day of silence. It's become very difficult for me to fall asleep. Does anyone have any advice or insight into this?

Thank you!

When were u complete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complete from end of August to end of September with two or three early Oct
4 rejections (2 pre secondary, 2 post - BU and Pitt), 1 Hold from GW (maybe 2 if Wake Forest's status is a hold), 0 II
:'(

Complete from end of August to end of September with two or three early Oct
4 rejections (2 pre secondary, 2 post - BU and Pitt), 1 Hold from GW (maybe 2 if Wake Forest's status is a hold), 0 II
:'(

Cheer up, the application cycle is still ongoing.

I have seen multiple places on here and on reddit that some people feel "the cycle is more or less almost over by now" ...what is this crazy nonsense!?!?!?!? I still have 18 schools to hear back from.

I wasn't going to press the panic button unless I'm still completely radio silent by mid/late November

The premed advisor (used to be on the med school admissions board) at my uni said that by now schools have given out between 30% -50% of their interviews, so don't worry too much.

My time I go... got that first II this morning. Seems like I only hear back from medical schools while I'm in the shower (n=2, 1 rejection 1 II) so if anyone's looking for a new strategy, I've never smelled better! Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 13 users
My time I go... got that first II this morning. Seems like I only hear back from medical schools while I'm in the shower (n=2, 1 rejection 1 II) so if anyone's looking for a new strategy, I've never smelled better! Good luck to all of you!

Congratulations!!

it was nice having you... adios

Got my first II today! I was so excited I started involuntarily crying in the hotel lobby!

Reactions: 8 users