Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
joining the madness with you all! nontraditional career changer applicant with LizzyM of ~69ish and unique ECs

applied broadly with 21 MD applications complete late august & early september...
0 II...fml
0 rejections
1 LOR request from mayo
2 holds (GW & Albany)

hoping for 1 or 2 interview invitations by thanksgiving but feeling like it's going to be a reallyyyy rough year.

Since you were complete late Aug/early September, it's still kind of early for you to hear back, so stay positive :) An adcom had mentioned on here that it will be an average of 6-8 weeks (not hard and fast rule obviously) to hear

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am not a fan of reviewing applications in a non-linear fashion.
Every school seems to feel differently lol.

I'm talking about the 15 schools I still haven't heard from. Oh woe is me. Yea, this non linear processing, plus rolling admissions, plus hiding all the details and inner workings of the process is pretty....unfortunate.

joining the madness with you all! nontraditional career changer applicant with LizzyM of ~69ish and unique ECs

applied broadly with 21 MD applications complete late august & early september...
0 II...fml
0 rejections
1 LOR request from mayo
2 holds (GW & Albany)

hoping for 1 or 2 interview invitations by thanksgiving but feeling like it's going to be a reallyyyy rough year.

I am in almost EXACTLY the same position. Non-traditional application with 68-69 LM. Applied to 21 MD schools complete late July-early Sept. No II. No rejections. 2 Holds at GW and Albany as well. whatttt

Reactions: 1 user
Just received my first II from SUNY Upstate (via portal) ! wohooo.. I guess that means I don't belong here no more - hehe.

Reactions: 13 users
Is there a list of schools known for silent rejections?
I've contemplated starting a new thread called "2015-2016 Oh geez, Is it a Silent Rejection?" thereby listing all of the Allopathic Schools and having people insert the date that they were rejected post-secondary invite. It would at least give people a general idea if a school has even started sending out rejections or if the silence is possibly a silent rejection. I just don't think people would actively participate and the information would be lacking.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok now 1 more week till traffic lights turn green. can any re-apps shed some light on when the II's go out again for "less-competitive" ppl like us? Is it around December after the acceptances decisions are made for the top whatever %?

ok now 1 more week till traffic lights turn green. can any re-apps shed some light on when the II's go out again for "less-competitive" ppl like us? Is it around December after the acceptances decisions are made for the top whatever %?

I hope so!

I am in almost EXACTLY the same position. Non-traditional application with 68-69 LM. Applied to 21 MD schools complete late July-early Sept. No II. No rejections. 2 Holds at GW and Albany as well. whatttt
good to know i'm not alone - best of luck throughout the rest of this difficult process!!

Agh, why can't admissions offices work on weekends? I'm certainly not going to be relaxing.

eg262f.gif

I heard from current medical students that majority of their II's came mid-October. I'm assuming it's because students that get into their top choices start withdrawing their II to other schools, which opens spots for other applicants

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Hey! I figured I'd join you guys. Complete at most schools since early September. I know it's only been a month, but it has seemed like forever. I'm a non trad with low stats so honestly my expectations are pretty low. Keep up those positive vibes!

I heard from current medical students that majority of their II's came mid-October. I'm assuming it's because students that get into their top choices start withdrawing their II to other schools, which opens spots for other applicants

I realize I am not a top-tier candidate...And I have been telling myself all along I will need to be patient--If i do end up getting II's I certainly wont be the first out of the bunch to do so...Just gotta be patient and really hope things pick up in the next few weeks!

With this being said I am already ramping up volunteering hours and trying to secure a research position within the next 1-2 months in preparation of having to possibly re-apply next cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I keep seeing on this forum that many people feel schools are holding off on many of the II's until after the 15th...anyone know how accurate this is or are people just grasping at straws and false hope?

I keep seeing on this forum that many people feel schools are holding off on many of the II's until after the 15th...anyone know how accurate this is or are people just grasping at straws and false hope?
I'm grasping at the same straws....hopefully something in the next two weeks....

Help me give up guys.

I can't handle the stress of constantly looking for an II that won't come. It's making me crazy.

Things you can do while you wait: Infinite.

Things you can do to get a II faster: Nothing.

So why are you waiting? If it's going to come, it will come. Just go enjoy yourselves, work hard, and don't focus on this.

Things you can do while you wait: Infinite.

Things you can do to get a II faster: Nothing.

So why are you waiting? If it's going to come, it will come. Just go enjoy yourselves, work hard, and don't focus on this.

Easier said than done

Reactions: 8 users
hoping for some more good news now that acceptances have started to come out... 1 II, 1 rejection, 1 hold. ~24 silence.

This is kinda a depressing day when you see all the acceptances..and you havent even had an interview yet..just saying..

Reactions: 11 users
This is kinda a depressing day when you see all the acceptances..and you havent even had an interview yet..just saying..

Ugh, same. I've been feeling ****ty all day. So tired of this limbo.

Reactions: 11 users

I feel your pain. It's going to be horrible when 2016 comes along and still no IIs.

Reactions: 4 users
Finally got my first rejection. I'm sure it's the first of many. Silence from everywhere else.

Looks like I'll be on SDN hiatus for the next couple of days. I'm happy for those who got accepted but it just adds to the stress while I'm sitting here with complete silence from all of my schools. Constantly checking my email and list of portals has me neurotic as it is.

Still waiting impatiently. Complete at most of my 22 schools for almost two months now. I feel like one II would lift such a burden off my shoulders and make me much more optimistic. Oh well, maybe tomorrow...
or the day after that.

or the day after that.

You mean next week. Adcoms don't work weekends. So two days of anguish waiting for next week...just so you can have another 5 days of anguish hoping for an II until the weekend comes around again. Repeat this cycle for a year.

Oh dayum, is this purgatory?

You mean next week. Adcoms don't work weekends. So two days of anguish waiting for next week...just so you can have another 5 days of anguish hoping for an II until the weekend comes around again. Repeat this cycle for a year.

no it's hell.

Not sure if this will be consoling or neurosis inducing, but i know that several schools do indeed send out IIs on the weekends, just from reading the various school specific threads. The only one coming to mind is Pittsburgh, but i'm pretty sure other schools have as well. Maybe GT too?

no it's hell.
Not sure if this will be consoling or neurosis inducing, but i know that several schools do indeed send out IIs on the weekends, just from reading the various school specific threads. The only one coming to mind is Pittsburgh, but i'm pretty sure other schools have as well. Maybe GT too?

You're making it worse....... Worrying 24/7! No reprieve even on the weekends.

geisel/dart giving rejs apparently.. complete 7/31 hope i evade this one

So was there ever any consensus regarding when no news silently becomes bad news...

I am just wondering when do you think we'll start to hear back from schools? I was done in early-middle August? Do you think it'll be by Halloween are should I expect responses the week before Thanksgiving?

You did it guys... you got me to join SDN. I like to think I'm handling this pretty well, but if I get one more gosh-darn e-mail with "Invitation to..." in the first-line preview that's just an invitation to a twitter chat, I'm going to lose my mind!

Reactions: 14 users
Been doing it for 2.5 months. If you look back to when this thread I was constantly here freaking out. Until I learned to move on.

Ha, easy to say especially since you already have IIs. Not much comfort for those without a single one.

any idea if its too late to send additional secondaries? i finished 14 but i do have a few more i could do. definitely in need of advice and/or words of encouragement :)

Today, a lot of people got acceptances to medical school. I instead got 3 (kind) rejections in a 3 hours span hahahah