*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTANCE NUMBER 1 AND REMAINING HOPEFUL FOR THE REST.

TOURO
3.66 Overall, 20 AA, 21TS, 24RC

Wooohoo! You are going to be a D1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Wooohoo! You are going to be a D1!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I couldn't do it without my SDN fam you guys love you all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Could someone give me advice on a situation please?? i have already put down a deposit at a school where I was accepted on december 1st. Earlier this week I had a post-dec interview at my 1st choice school and am trying to write them a thank you letter/letter of intent. Do you think I should tell them that I have another acceptance, but that I would forfeit my deposit at that school gladly if I were accepted to my #1? Or just not mention it? not sure if it would help or hurt...thanks in advance and good luck y'all
I was in this exact situation and I sent a letter of intent email (short and to the point) to my #1 that I had interviewed at saying I was willing to forfeit my deposit at the other school if accepted. A few days later the dean of admissions called me to talk about it and I got an acceptance a couple days after that. Granted it was to a school pretty far away so they probably just assumed I wasn't going to go there but it worked for me.

3 interview invitations today! NYU Boston and Pitt. What a day.:claps:

Reactions: 16 users
Forgot to post it here.

Acceptance #1 Marquette.

Notified 1/11/17

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that has interviewed at BU give me an idea of what their interview is like?

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance #8

Columbia

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTANCE #1 - Columbia! Notified today - 3pm. Interviewed 12/16

Edit: their email said i have two weeks to respond - but i have 30 days since the offer was given before jan. 31st according to ADA rules?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Interview #3

USC interview invite:
Wednesday, February 1
Tuesday, February 7
Tuesday, February 14
Wednesday, February 15

interview 4: usc
Email
AA20 with 15 RC

Reactions: 5 users
Interview #5!! Always Super excited to get interviews.

UNE
App complete: 9/21
OGPA: 3.66 SGPA: 3.5 (after academic update)
DAT: 20AA/21TS/24 RC

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTANCE #1 - Columbia! Notified today - 3pm. Interviewed 12/16

Edit: their email said i have two weeks to respond - but i have 30 days since the offer was given before jan. 31st according to ADA rules?

Yea, I would call the school and talk to them about the ADA rules.

Have any rejections come out in the past couple of weeks? Still have 13 schools on my list that I haven't heard anything from.

Reactions: 1 users
Have any rejections come out in the past couple of weeks? Still have 13 schools on my list that I haven't heard anything from.
I think I've said this 3 times today. Can they just reject us instead of prolonging this and leading us on with false hope? I think for the money I paid each school the least they can tell me is that they're not interested in me. So annoying.

Reactions: 13 users
Has anyone called the admissions committees to follow up about their application. I have only heard from 2 out of 10 schools and at this point I just would rather know whats going on.

Acceptance #4 Pitt!
I already have my deposit down for Nova, does anyone have any advice??? Is it worth losing my deposit to go to Pitt?

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance #4 Pitt!
I already have my deposit down for Nova, does anyone have any advice??? Is it worth losing my deposit to go to Pitt?

Most definitely in my opinion. When it comes to deposits, don't fall into the sunk cost trap.

Pretty sure Pitt's the cheaper school anyways even if you're OOS

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptance #4 Pitt!
I can tell you from my experience of putting down a deposit knowing I have another interview coming up, at different schools than yours, I would go by my school ranking. I didn't apply to Pitt but I know a dentist that went there and I think, without disrespect to NOVA, that Pitt is worthwhile losing your deposit. On the long run if you look at the total COA the deposit isn't a big chunk of it...

Acceptance #4 Pitt!

I would attend Pitt.

Reactions: 1 users
That feeling when your academic update still isn't finished after 16 days and you only had two classes to submit

Reactions: 4 users