*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That feeling when your academic update still isn't finished after 16 days and you only had two classes to submit
It's been over a month for me. I had 3 classes.... lol. So atleast it hasn't been THAT long for you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It's been over a month for me. I had 3 classes.... lol. So atleast it hasn't been THAT long for you

I am in the same boat. Did you guys email any schools to tell them the grades you received in the classes since your academic update hasn't been completed yet? Or do they just want to wait for the official update?

I am in the same boat. Did you guys email any schools to tell them the grades you received in the classes since your academic update hasn't been completed yet? Or do they just want to wait for the official update?
Yes I did :) many schools accepted it but some said they don't accept unofficial updates. So just send it to all and whoever doesn't, just doesn't.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I did :) many schools accepted it but some said they don't accept unofficial updates. So just send it to all and whoever doesn't, just doesn't.
Did you guys do the update for TMDSAS as well? I am still waiting to hear from Texas. I know it's ALMOST not gonna happen, but I am STILL hoping! :(

I'm surprised, mine was done in about two weeks and I had a bunch more classes than you guys did... I wonder how they handle things over there...

Received Interview invite from Meharry just now.

Reactions: 6 users
Interview #6!
Boston University
Oh the notorious silence of BU has been broken.
OGPA: 3.66 SGPA: 3.5
AA: 20 TS: 21 RC: 24 PAT: 18

Reactions: 12 users
You pretty set on UMKC or is there anyone out there that could pry you from there?
I'm pretty much all set :) if I had the money, I would go just to enjoy the trip since I've never been in Tennessee. However, I'm broke lol:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Did you send yours via email? If so, did you do it as a document or a picture haha? I'm at work so I can't send it as a document because the school doesn't offer that option, so I would have to print it out and scan it. So I am thinking about if it would be acceptable to screenshot the transcript and send via email as a picture hah. Any thoughts? Congrats on the BU interview by the way!

Did you send yours via email? If so, did you do it as a document or a picture haha? I'm at work so I can't send it as a document because the school doesn't offer that option, so I would have to print it out and scan it. So I am thinking about if it would be acceptable to screenshot the transcript and send via email as a picture hah. Any thoughts? Congrats on the BU interview by the way!
That's what I did! Sent it via cropped screenshot haha. Thank you very much! Hope the cycle is going good for you.

Hey everyone, so I'm kind of in a crappy situation and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. I've applied to a total of 17 schools, submitted AADSAS app mid-July and only have heard back from 4 schools. I've received one interview invite out of those 4 schools. Seeing that many applicants have already been accepted, I'm wondering if I should start preparing for the worst (AKA applying again next cycle) or should I continue to wait. Im currently taking some extra upper divs right now and working part-time but unsure of what to do in the mean time. Any advice is greatly appreciated...thank you!

Hey everyone, so I'm kind of in a crappy situation and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. I've applied to a total of 17 schools, submitted AADSAS app mid-July and only have heard back from 4 schools. I've received one interview invite out of those 4 schools. Seeing that many applicants have already been accepted, I'm wondering if I should start preparing for the worst (AKA applying again next cycle) or should I continue to wait. Im currently taking some extra upper divs right now and working part-time but unsure of what to do in the mean time. Any advice is greatly appreciated...thank you!

I'd say prepare for next cycle just in case, but never lose hope. It's better to stay active and constantly improve

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Stats? Also, have you already interview yet? If so, what was the decision?

Accepted to UMichgan, will be declining for IU.

Reactions: 7 users
Stats? Also, have you already interview yet? If so, what was the decision?
Well I have one interview coming up so I'm really going to bust my butt to prepare for that. Stats are 3.3 gpa 22 AA.

I received an interview for Midwestern Illinois yesterday- but I've already been accepted at University of Louisville and UNE. I really like Louisville. Should I still attend the interview or should I save the money and attend one of the schools I've already been accepted too?

Louisville > Midwestern.

It's also cheaper

Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview for Midwestern Illinois yesterday- but I've already been accepted at University of Louisville and UNE. I really like Louisville. Should I still attend the interview or should I save the money and attend one of the schools I've already been accepted too?
Save it

Acceptance #1: Touro :soexcited:

Feels great to finally get one! Thank you everyone on SDN for all the support and advice. I really appreciate it!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got an acceptance at Maryland! I will be giving up my seat at Pitt to attend!

Reactions: 6 users
start prepping ASAP. I was in a similar situation last cycle. I still received an interview call but did not get accepted. But I started restudying for the DAT in January and prepping for the next cycle. This cycle with my better DAT and other additions to my app I was able to get multiple interviews and acceptance. mind sharing your stats ?

Interview #5 BU. Waitlisted from Touro. I still have no acceptances. Idk if I mentioned my lecom interview but uh that was #4. Getting more interviews than i expected but a little sad I haven't gotten in anywhere yet.

Reactions: 7 users
Got accepted to Univ. of Michigan last Thursday. I'll be going there over Buffalo, Pitt, and MUSC. Hopefully someone gets a spot in one of those!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted at USC today, but will probably decline.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview from Tufts today after getting into Penn and declining NYU yesterday.

So confused as to why Tufts waited this long to invite me...my dad went to Tufts and I have a recommendation from a professor who teaches there. I'm from Boston and would have to sell my house that I just bought last year if I go to Penn, it would be a tremendous waste of closing costs. I would appreciate some advice...do you guys think patients really care about their dentist having a prestigious Ivy League degree? I plan to focus on cosmetic dentistry and implants and will be targeting more affluent patients.