Official 2016-2017: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've never posted on here but I've been following this thread a lot in the past month and feeling similarly hopeless about not having any interviews. Today I woke up and felt equally miserable about it, and even on the way to work I was thinking about millions of back-up plans because I thought I was essentially doomed. But then as I pulled into the parking lot at work I got my first II!!! Bottom line: do not give up hope or let your anxiety convince you that you are doomed, because you're not. You're awesome. Just be patient, soon you'll get that email and find yourself happy-crying and hyperventilating in the parking lot of work at 7:50 AM.

YOU GOT THIS!!
One day I hope to be in the same position
When were you complete at that school?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those applying to DO come turkey day, do you already have DO shadowing? Should I scramble to find a DO to shadow?

For those applying to DO come turkey day, do you already have DO shadowing? Should I scramble to find a DO to shadow?
I e-mailed a DO on Monday and luckily he responded within the hour so I've got that set up. You can easily get it before thanksgiving if you start looking now.

Reactions: 2 users
I e-mailed a DO on Monday and luckily he responded within the hour so I've got that set up. You can easily get it before thanksgiving if you start looking now.
I saw that you mentioned you submitted your DO app already, so are you just going to mention the shadowing in the secondaries? I think I want to submit the primary soon too!

I saw that you mentioned you submitted your DO app already, so are you just going to mention the shadowing in the secondaries? I think I want to submit the primary soon too!
I actually put it in the primary even though I'm not scheduled to shadow until Saturday lol

Reactions: 1 user
Long time lurker ready to join the fray after getting rejected by my state school today.

Long time lurker ready to join the fray after getting rejected by my state school today.
OOF that's a tough one. Keep your head up though! It's a long cycle

OOF that's a tough one. Keep your head up though! It's a long cycle
I'll stay positive, but part of me sees that as the "dagger in the heart" so to speak for this cycle. I still do have about 8 apps out with radio silence, so hopefully I get movement on those soon

I'll stay positive, but part of me sees that as the "dagger in the heart" so to speak for this cycle. I still do have about 8 apps out with radio silence, so hopefully I get movement on those soon
Hey I was rejected by my state school twice before they overturned the rejection and offered me an interview. All this stuff is just witchcraft and wizardry from our perspective and all you can do is try to keep on trucking.

Hey I was rejected by my state school twice before they overturned the rejection and offered me an interview. All this stuff is just witchcraft and wizardry from our perspective and all you can do is try to keep on trucking.
literally HOW does that even happen? This is enough to make any premed go crazy

Members don't see this ad :)
literally HOW does that even happen? This is enough to make any premed go crazy
You're telling me. I've given up on trying to make sense of all of this.

Still haven't received a single interview yet... It's pretty disheartening but I'm already looking for things to make my application better for next year.

Still haven't received a single interview yet... It's pretty disheartening but I'm already looking for things to make my application better for next year.
If nothing else it will keep you busy!

Reactions: 1 users
When the Cubs win a world series and you're still waiting for an II like...

0563cd1937bea536929a85e33fa6bfbe.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
When the Cubs win a world series and you're still waiting for an II like...

0563cd1937bea536929a85e33fa6bfbe.jpg

Or you can look at it this way!

If the CUBS, the Cubs ladies and gents, won 3 straight games, 2 of them on the road, to break their 108 year world series drought, after blowing a 6-3 lead in the 8th inning.... then there is still hope for you all to get IIs!!!! (and go :bear: go!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
The final stage of rejection grief: acceptance.

upload_2016-11-3_11-33-51.png

Reactions: 19 users
Chill I'm just here for the meme magic
Just wanted to say meme magic is real and IIs are still to be had. Received one 48 hours after declaring bankruptcy in this thread, coincidence? I think not, checkmate atheists.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

I posted here for the first time last Friday and I received my first II this week. For anyone still waiting: don't lose hope! However, I would also suggest being pragmatic. It never hurts to start looking for ways to improve your application, just in case! I know I'll still be taking steps to do so, even with the II :)

I posted here for the first time last Friday and I received my first II this week. For anyone still waiting: don't lose hope! However, I would also suggest being pragmatic. It never hurts to start looking for ways to improve your application, just in case! I know I'll still be taking steps to do so, even with the II :)
I'd say keep improving your app until you get accepted to one of your top choices. If nothing else, the ECs will help keep your mind off the grueling cycle.

here for some meme magic :( need some badlly

I don't know why but every one of my rejections seems to come on a Thursday. Got one every Thursday for the past 3 weeks. I'm starting to develop an irrational fear of Thursdays. Damn you premed neuroticism!

I don't know why but every one of my rejections seems to come on a Thursday. Got one every Thursday for the past 3 weeks. I'm starting to develop an irrational fear of Thursdays. Damn you premed neuroticism!
Have you tried resetting your computers clock to skip Thursdays?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! Long time lurker of SDN, but finally caved because this application process is tough to get through alone. Three rejections so far and 15 silences. LizzyM~66. Still feeling optimistic though, because I'm a dreamer. Fingers crossed & I wish everyone luck on here too!

It's not magic...

illusion-michael-2-giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
is this thread like rubbing the Buddha's belly? hoping so! trying just in case.

is this thread like rubbing the Buddha's belly? hoping so! trying just in case.
If so, then Buddha's belly must be quite chafed considering how long I've been rubbing it

In the off chance there's something going on here--- I declare II bankruptcy!

now let's wait and let the invites roll-in

Don't you mean it's not a trick?

I stand corrected..

Although, the meme for that one may get me in trouble for it's references to ladies of the night

YOLO -

3132b498d70979d76b5141e425899969.jpg

You have 12 IIs....Why on earth would you even set foot in this thread?

You're stealing the karma from all the no-II posters on here! That being said, I got my first II two days after posting on the old no II thread that was floating around earlier

There truly is meme magic in this thread-- got a pre-II rejection today-- then I posted here-- got an II. People drink from this well!!!

Alright let's try this again. I am declaring myself officially joining this thread, for the purpose of getting a MD interview.

Alright let's try this again. I am declaring myself officially joining this thread, for the purpose of getting a MD interview.
Ah we've got a "literal genie" situation on our hands.

Anyone else asked at least twice a week by family something like:
"heard from any schools?"
"I don't get why you haven't heard from more places"
"But you'd be such a good doctor, you have to get in"

Thankful I interviewed at my state school. Otherwise 6 rejections, waiting to hear from 20.
edit - 7 rejections :soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else asked at least twice a week by family something like:
"heard from any schools?"
"I don't get why you haven't heard from more places"
"But you'd be such a good doctor, you have to get in"

Thankful I interviewed at my state school. Otherwise 6 rejections, waiting to hear from 20.
I get "when do you hear back" and I always say between now and august and people have a hard time believing that I'm serious

Reactions: 7 users
Yes I got 2 DO invites within 3 days of posting here.

Did you officially declare II bankruptcy? Before I got my newest MD II a few minutes ago I first withdrew a DO II. Maybe you gotta sacrifice something-- sacrificial lamb....maybe a not-so beloved gerbil lying around? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.