*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

Started by sjv
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
omg two interview invites in one day

Interview #5
School: USC
Notification date: 2017/10/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canadian/International?
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/07/2017
Application complete date: 07/18/2017
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/24/21/no
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #4

School: USC
Notification date: 10/24/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/17
Application complete date: 8/15/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.2 (BCP 3.37), 3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/22/none
 
Last edited:
Interview #3! Umaryland ! They gave me a date in January so I’m assuming they are done with Pre-dec interviews? I called and confirmed, but maybe I should’ve asked for an earlier date? Thoughts?
 
Interview #3! Umaryland ! They gave me a date in January so I’m assuming they are done with Pre-dec interviews? I called and confirmed, but maybe I should’ve asked for an earlier date? Thoughts?
the date they offered is most likely the earliest, i was offered november 28th two weeks ago
 
Interview #3

School: Pitt!!
Notification date: 10/24/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: June 1st
Application complete date: Late July
GPA (science, overall): ~3.4, ~3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/20/none below 19
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #3

School: Pitt!!
Notification date: 10/24/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: June 1st
Application complete date: Late July
GPA (science, overall): ~3.4, ~3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/20/none below 19

Congratz! I was wondering if your application on AADSAS said under review before you got the invite, mine still says received/ complete for a few months now
 
Interview #1
School: UCONN
Notification Date: 10/26/17
Method of Notification: E-mail
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/01/17
Application complete date: 10/05/17 (Issue with transcript caused delay)
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.2 sci, 3.1 overall (massive upward trend, 3.7+ last two years)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below 17): 22/24/22/19/none
Hope this gives hope to those with lower GPAs, but strong upward trends. I thought my stats and timing were very risky, but I'm thankful for the chance at an interview. Stay strong.
 
Last edited:
Interview #1
School: UCONN
Notification Date: 10/26/17
Method of Notification: E-mail
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/01/17
Application complete date: 10/05/17 (Issue with transcript caused delay)
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.2 sci, 3.1 overall (massive upward trend, 3.7+ last two years)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below 17): 22/24/19/none
Hope this gives hope to those with lower GPAs, but strong upward trends. I thought my stats and timing were very risky, but I'm thankful for the chance at an interview. Stay strong.
pre december?
 
Interview #3
School: University of Tennessee HSC
Notification date: 10/20
Method of notification: email
Residency: AL
AADSAS Mail out: 6/20
Application status: Complete 8/11
GPA (science, overall) Undergrad: 3.14/3.28; Graduate: 3.71/3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA/20TS/21PAT/26RC

I'll be interviewing on Wednesday 10/25!


When you set up your interview did you see any other pre-december dates?
 
Interview #3!!!

School: LECOM
Notification date: 10/26/17 thru email
AADSAS complete: submitted 6/3, transcripts verified mid/end of July, but didn't take DAT until 7/30
Interview date: 12/7/17
Residency: FL
GPA: 3.88 overall GPA, 3.68 sci GPA
DAT: 21 AA/19 TS/17 PAT/18 BIO/20 gen Chem/23 o Chem/25 RC/19 QR
 
When you set up your interview did you see any other pre-december dates?
Yeah I saw at least one I think. Not entirely positive. They also alluded to the fact that they would interview more. I doubt they have interviewed all 200 they said they were going to interview.
 
Interview #3!!!

School: Rutgers
Notification date: 10/27/17 thru email
AADSAS complete: like 7/5
Interview date: 11/10/17
Residency: NY
GPA: 3.7 overall GPA, 3.8 sci GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 22/22/21/22/None
 
Last edited:
School: Queens College
GPA, science GPA: 3.26,3.1
State:NY
DAT scores: AA:21 TS: 23 bio:21, gen chem:22 Orgo:30 QR:17 RC:14 PAT:20
Date of complete application: October 3rd

What do you guys think of my chances?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School: Queens College
GPA, science GPA: 3.26,3.1
State:NY
DAT scores: AA:21 TS: 23 bio:21, gen chem:22 Orgo:30 QR:17 RC:14 PAT:20
Date of complete application: October 3rd

What do you guys think of my chances?
For this cycle your chances aren’t very high because you applied fairly late and a lot of interviews have already gone out, and your GPA is on the lower end and I agree that the 14 RC might crush you
 
School: Queens College
GPA, science GPA: 3.26,3.1
State:NY
DAT scores: AA:21 TS: 23 bio:21, gen chem:22 Orgo:30 QR:17 RC:14 PAT:20
Date of complete application: October 3rd

What do you guys think of my chances?
Where did you apply to? I think you have a shot at a northeast school
 
2 Interviews this year, it's my third year applying and my first interview offers so I'm excited! I struggled straight out of high school and I didn't realize that for every class I had to retake, both the terrible grade and the good grade are included in the calculated GPA. There's an upward trend, but it's taking a lot of time and effort. It helps that the schools I applied to see progress!

School: Roseman
Notification Dates: 9/20
Notification Method: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2/17
Application complete date: 7/10/17
GPA (science, overall): 2.65, 2.57, graduate GPA 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/23/na

School: Indiana
Notification Dates: 10/18
Notification Method: Email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 7/24/17
 
2 Interviews this year, it's my third year applying and my first interview offers so I'm excited! I struggled straight out of high school and I didn't realize that for every class I had to retake, both the terrible grade and the good grade are included in the calculated GPA. There's an upward trend, but it's taking a lot of time and effort. It helps that the schools I applied to see progress!

School: Roseman
Notification Dates: 9/20
Notification Method: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2/17
Application complete date: 7/10/17
GPA (science, overall): 2.65, 2.57, graduate GPA 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/23/na

School: Indiana
Notification Dates: 10/18
Notification Method: Email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 7/24/17


This is your year!!!!!
 
2 Interviews this year, it's my third year applying and my first interview offers so I'm excited! I struggled straight out of high school and I didn't realize that for every class I had to retake, both the terrible grade and the good grade are included in the calculated GPA. There's an upward trend, but it's taking a lot of time and effort. It helps that the schools I applied to see progress!

School: Roseman
Notification Dates: 9/20
Notification Method: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2/17
Application complete date: 7/10/17
GPA (science, overall): 2.65, 2.57, graduate GPA 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/23/na

School: Indiana
Notification Dates: 10/18
Notification Method: Email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 7/24/17

You go girl! Perseverance if everything! When do you interview with Indiana?
 
Interview 2!

School: Pitt
Notification date: 10/30/17
Method of notification: email
Residency: PA
Application complete date: 8/18/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.83sGPA, 3.87oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/27/25/none
Congrats!! Do you mind me asking how many schools you applied to this cycle?

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #3

School: Pitt
Notification date: 10/30/17
Method of notification: email
Application complete date: 9/30/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.79sGPA, 3.81oGPA
Residency:AL
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/19/21/QR:16
Super excited! thank god they're lenient with QR since it's the last section, and they do have cut-offs of 17
 
Last edited:
Interview #3

School: Pitt
Notification date: 10/30/17
Method of notification: email
Application complete date: 9/30/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.79sGPA, 3.81oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/19/21/QR:16
Super excited! thank god they're lenient with QR since it's the last section, and they do have cut-offs of 17
May I ask what your state of residency is?
 
Interview #3

School: Pitt
Notification date: 10/30/17
Method of notification: email
Application complete date: 9/30/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.79sGPA, 3.81oGPA
Residency:AL
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/19/21/QR:16
Super excited! thank god they're lenient with QR since it's the last section, and they do have cut-offs of 17
 
Status
Not open for further replies.