*~*~*~* Official 2018-2019 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rejection #1 Temple on Dec 3rd

Rejection #2 Boston U Dec 12th

Waitlisted at USC

still reviewing app at NYU

white noise from Rutgers and WesternU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance #1
School: My state school!

Notification Date: 12/13/2018
Method of notification: Call @ 5:00 p.m. EST
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.8, 2.8 (Undergrad oGPA: 2.2X, sGPA: 3.5X, Post-bac: 4.0 @ 90 credits)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/None

After reading so many amazing come back stories here, finally it is my turn.

It is possible. Work hard, do whatever it takes, and you will get there.

I graduated from college with a 2.2X GPA and 150ish credits in Business couple years ago. Never took any science class besides algebra, business stats, and trig. Did 2 year and half DIY post-bac (90 credits) at my state school with 4.0 and scored 22 on DAT this summer. Only apply to my state school, interviewed last week, and got my acceptance call today!

Remember: impossible = I M Possible!!!

Reactions: 23 users
Acceptance #1
Notification Date:
12/13/2018
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.8, 2.8 (Undergrad oGPA: 2.2X, sGPA: 3.5X, Post-bac: 4.0 @ 90 credits)

I graduated from college with a 2.2X GPA and 150ish credits in Business couple years ago. Never took any science class besides algebra, business stats, and trig. Did 2 year and half DIY post-bac (90 credits) at my state school with 4.0 and scored 22 on DAT this summer. Only apply to my state school, interviewed last week, and got my acceptance call today!

what school?

Acceptance #1
Notification Date:
12/13/2018

Congratulations man!! Wish you the best in the next 4 years, thats an awesome and super motivating background!! :biglove:

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #10
School: OHSU
Notification date: 12/14/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/11/18
Application complete date: 6/11/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/27/22/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Have to call but will be declining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acceptance #1
Notification Date:
12/13/2018

That's awesome!! Congrats!!

Found out a couple days ago I've been accepted to WVU!

Acceptance #1
School: West Virginia University

Notification Date: 12/14/2018
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.85, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/20/26/Organic (14)

Reactions: 7 users
Acceptance #1
School:
University of Texas School Houston
Notification Date: 12/03/2018
Method of notification: Email 1:00 AM EST
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.96, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/22/None

Waitlist #1
School:
NOVA
Notification Date: 12/03/2018
Method of notification: Email 4:00 PM EST
houston is my top choice!! congrats! I'll be interviewing Jan

I have the same GPA and really want to go to San Antonio. What did you do on your application that made you stand out? How many volunteer and shadowing hours? I am applying next cycle!
definetly apply early! also try to do their summer program : LEAD

Acceptance #1
School:
UConn
Notification Date: 12/3/2018
Method of notification: email @ 7:53 a.m. EST
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.53, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/21/none

Interview #3
School:
UPenn
Notification date: 12/18/18
Residency: Connecticut
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/18
Application complete date: 7/3/18

Soooo excited about the UPenn interview!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my application back in July, but I didn't send in my last rec letter until 12/5 because my shadowing dentist required more time. Has anyone received any interview for the new year??
Stats:
Major: Biochemistry
GPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 3.78
DAT: 21AA/22PAT

Pretty quiet out there!!! It's unnerving!!!!

So... are post-December interviews sent out in Jan.?
Who's been through this before?

Interview # 1
School
: University of MIssouri-Kansas City
Notification date: 12/20/2018
Residency: MO
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/14/18
Application complete date: 7/15/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.3/2.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/20/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 14th

Beyond excited, my GPA is a mess from an associates degree I got ages ago. My GPA from the past decade is 3.7 for both

Interview Invite #7 to University of Pittsburgh for January 16th. I declined the invitation, hopefully someone reading this will get my interview spot!! Good luck everybody!!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty quiet out there!!! It's unnerving!!!!

So... are post-December interviews sent out in Jan.?
Who's been through this before?
I received post December interviews in January around 18-22. All were sent from end of November to mid December. Three interviews: Penn, MYD, and VCU.

Hey y’all, this is sort of unrelated but I need some help! If anyone was in a situation where they lost health insurance coverage after graduating from undergrad, what did you do during the time between graduating and starting dental school? If anyone has some very affordable recommendations I would greatly appreciate it

Hey y’all, this is sort of unrelated but I need some help! If anyone was in a situation where they lost health insurance coverage after graduating from undergrad, what did you do during the time between graduating and starting dental school? If anyone has some very affordable recommendations I would greatly appreciate it
If you dont have a health coverage from your employer and if its only for yourself, you can enroll as an individual insurer during the open enrollment period (nov-mid dec). Since it’s way past the open enrollment period, you have to research on the insurance companies that will cover outside that period.
That’s what I did. I graduated this May and my school health insurance was effective until August so I enrolled into one of my state’s insurance health plan by providing a loss of coverage with the last effective date. I contacted my school’s health clinic to fax or mail in the loss of coverage statement to my new insurance company and that’s how I was able to get coverage right away.

Last edited:
If you dont have a health coverage from your employer and if its only for yourself, you can enroll as an individual insurer during the open enrollment period (nov-mid dec). Since it’s way past the open enrollment period, you have to research on the insurance companies that will cover outside that period.
That’s what I did. I graduated this May and my school health insurance was effective until August so I enrolled into one of my state’s insurance health plan by providing a loss of coverage with the last effective date. I contacted my school’s health clinic to fax or mail in the loss of coverage statement to my new insurance company and that’s how I was able to get coverage right away.

what if you work from home or tutor but have no employer, how can you get insurance?

I received post December interviews in January around 18-22. All were sent from end of November to mid December. Three interviews: Penn, MYD, and VCU.
Thanks for the insight. I'm sitting on a lot of schools that have not made any decisions... :shrug:

Interview # 1
School
: Tufts
Notification date: 12/18/2018
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: not sure
Application complete date: 10/10/18
GPA (science, overall): 2.62/2.8 undergrad --> 3.679 grad
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 8 & January 14

Interview # 1
School
: Tufts
Notification date: 12/18/2018
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: not sure
Application complete date: 10/10/18
GPA (science, overall): 2.62/2.8 undergrad --> 3.679 grad
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
20/20/20/21/None
Dates available OR your interview date: January 8 & January 14

What was the status on aadsas?

Interview #6
School: University of Michigan!
Notification date: 12/28/2018
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3/18
Application complete date: 7/30/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/24/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: January 18

So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #6
School: University of Michigan!
Notification date: 12/28/2018
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3/18
Application complete date: 7/30/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/24/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: January 18

So excited!

I’m declining my acceptance. Hope you get the spot!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone know when the second batch of acceptances will be released?

Anyone know when the second batch of acceptances will be released?
depends on the school and when they return from holiday break and when the deposit deadline is
i'd say over the next week to week and a half, a bunch of acceptances will go out as people with multiple acceptances drop their spots

depends on the school and when they return from holiday break and when the deposit deadline is
i'd say over the next week to week and a half, a bunch of acceptances will go out as people with multiple acceptances drop their spots
Oh God... I hope it happens soon!!!!
Good luck everyone still waiting and hoping!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Btw for people waiting on UCLA the dean had called me today because I hadn't accepted my spot and they said they are down to their last 2 spots... I thought they were still interviewing so maybe they were just trying to get me to accept my offer but just thought I'd let you all know!

Reactions: 1 users
Acceptance: 3
School: MOSDOH
Residency: KS
Sgpa/cGpa: 3.2/3.4
AA/TS: 21/21

did anyone get accepted to temple this month? rumor has it brian was supposed to send out more acceptances jan 3

did anyone get accepted to temple this month? rumor has it brian was supposed to send out more acceptances jan 3

I think they’re waiting a week or so until all of the deposits come in. I sent my deposit in before Christmas and it still hasn’t arrived yet. UPS told me that Temple told them to come back and deliver my deposit on Jan 11.

I think they’re waiting a week or so until all of the deposits come in. I sent my deposit in before Christmas and it still hasn’t arrived yet. UPS told me that Temple told them to come back and deliver my deposit on Jan 11.
Thanks for the info!!! waiting is tough!

Got my first acceptance and first rejection today January the 7th
#1 acceptance
Nova Yay
Method of contact: Call
#1 rejection
UCSF Nay
Method of contact: Email

I am out of state for both...
GPA/SGPA: 4.00, 4.00
DAT AA/TS: 23/24

FYi: I applied to Nova October 25th and to UCSF October the 26th( during their extended time when Micheal storm hit the east coast, so I submitted on the very last day :X3:)

Interview date for Nova was around the very end of November
Interview date for UCSF: Non existent, I was rejected without an interview.

Nova was the first school that contacted me, and the only school that invited me to a pre-decmeber interview. My status was invited to Nova the whole month, so I almost given up hope on them until I received the call today :)
However, I can't take Microbilogy at my university. I can take Inrdocutory microbiology at the community college, I hope they will accept it or else I am doomed :smack:

I want to add that my mom has been in the hospital for the last 8 days, I spent new year at the ER, and I received both acceptance and rejection at the hospital.

So life works in a weird way sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
However, I can't take Microbilogy at my university. I can take Inrdocutory microbiology at the community college, I hope they will accept it or else I am doomed :smack:

So Nova said you still had to take microbiology even though you were accepted?

So Nova said you still had to take microbiology even though you were accepted?

Nova requires Microbiology. During the interview, they asked when I am gonna take it and I said I can't take it at my university, I can only take it at the community college and they said that's fine as long as I take it.

But in my uni, it's called Microbiology, but at the community college, it is called Introductory microbiology, so now I am hoping it's the same thing.

Nova requires Microbiology. During the interview, they asked when I am gonna take it and I said I can't take it at my university, I can only take it at the community college and they said that's fine as long as I take it.

But in my uni, it's called Microbiology, but at the community college, it is called Introductory microbiology, so now I am hoping it's the same thing.
Check with them to be sure. Congratulations!

oh congrats! i'm gonna try to sit tight until then lol, hopefully I'll see you there in a few months!

Status
Not open for further replies.