USMLE Official 2018 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

Discussion in 'Step II' started by Qester, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Zane2001

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Uggh....It's past 11 EST. The wait is killing me!

2. Safa10

Good luck and plz do share ur scores

3. Zane2001

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Still no scores :(

4. FrankyBoB0

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Same, I expected results today but no luck. One more week. I took it Nov 9. Painful but I guess there is nothing we can do. This process is so freakin frustrating and pointless. One day when we are in charge let's remember to care about students. There is no reason a preliminary range cannot be given within 10 days and then a final score within a month. The miracle of technology is thriving everywhere in the world, but the NBME can't process scores any faster than they could 20 years ago..... Same with the match. Why do we wait from Feb 20 to March 15 pointlessly? Because of tradition? an extra month to process and plan would be extremely helpful for students. Unfortunately, no one seems to care because we must embrace irrational medical traditions.

afib123 and Zane2001 like this.
  5. Zane2001

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yep-our schools can have Wellness Wednesdays or meditation etc, but there are small things that they can do to make medical education less stressful. I have spent two days being absolutely neurotic-could've saved me some time. How much does it take for them to announce the result by a set date. I already informed a few programs that my CK score would be out by this week. It just delays plans. If there was to be a delay I could have spent 3-4 days studying more for my CK. This is ridiculous.

FrankyBoB0 likes this.
  6. akeena

Dont scores come back on the third Wednesday if u took it on a thursday or friday? now i am getting worried if i should take my exam a day before i am scheduled for a dec 28 but need my results by jan 16th

7. FrankyBoB0

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Took on a Friday, so that's what I thought. However, it's gonna be the 4th Wednesday for me unfortunately.

8. akeena

is that always the case or do u think bc of thanksgiving week delayed? bc i know ppl who have gotten it within 3 wed taken on a friday...

9. Zane2001

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I called them up. They said there have been delays due to the holidays last week. The lady on the phone said that scores come out throughout the day so it is possible that they might come out today but it might very well be next week. I am inclined to believe it is going to be next week coz if they had to announce the results they would've done so by now.

10. akeena

Thanks good luck! hope u do amazing

11. Singhdoc559

I don't usually post on these bulletins; however, this thread really helped me gauge where I would land as far as my final Step 2 CK score.
    I was disappointed with my Step 1 score, which under predicted my score by +20 points when compared with the practice exams. However, I was motivated to prove that I could do significantly better as my only study material was UWorld, uworld, and more uworld. I went through UWorld x 3 times during my Step 2 CK prep while making thousands and thousands of flashcards from essentially every single question explanation.

On UWSA1, I scored a 242
    On UWSA2 (which I thought was significantly more difficult), I scored 230

Took the REAL DEAL in October 2018 and scored a 237!!!

...Practically right smack in the middle of both UWorld assessments.

QueenJames likes this.
  12. akeena

congratulations!! thats an awesome score
    do u mind sharing how far across the uwsa were before the final exam?
    also did u do any nbme?

13. Medshot

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi guys, its my first time posting on here. Im taking my exam on 4th december. Because its on a tuesday, il probably get my score on the 4th wednesday, but thats the day after christmas, dunno if il get it then or the next wednesday....but....thats the day after new years :(. Little background: Non-US IMG. Step 1 wasnt too good but trust me im still very happy about it
    Step 1: 225
    NBME 7 (first one i took 4wks before exam): 211
    NBME 8: (3 weeks before): 232
    UWSA 1: 257 (13 days before, didnt see this one coming)
    UWSA 2: 248 (5 days left)
    Any input would be great, and any tips on what to do these last five days to keep my focus up. I also want to say a huge thanks to everyone on here. Been stalking this page for like a year, not sure if il post here or 2019 though. Depends on when i get my score. :)

14. Teegirl

Fingers crossed you ll do great . Took mine 2weeks ago. I would advice building up stamina by simulating the exam with your uworld incorrects. Prepare your self for the length and fatigue of a 9 hour exam

15. Medshot

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks so much, im on my second run of Uworld so i dont have enough incorrects, but i guess the standard random timed blocks will do.

16. Safa10

Congratulations . Can u plz share your exam day experience how u felt about questions.was exam overall doable or u find it hard? And could u manage time to look into marked ones

17. ThrowawayScalpel

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sorry, from a few weeks ago

CSSA 6 (3 weeks out): 224
    UWSA 1 (2 weeks out): 228
    USWA 2 (2 days out): 242

Step 2 CK: 245-250

18. bambi101

Hi Guys, I took my step 2 CK on 11/12 and my permit still hasn't disappeared, I was wondering if anyone else here took it the same day?

19. Safa10

Can u please tell from where permit disappears?from mailbox? Or from within email?

20. Safa10

Bec i took exam 2 weeks ago and my permit is still there, tho my eligibility period triad expired on nov 30th

21. bambi101

Apparently it disappears on IWA the Sunday before your results ..

22. bambi101

Did you end up getting your score report? I'm asking becuz my CK was on 11/12 and this Wed will be the 4th wed for me as well .. the wait is absolute torture :-/

23. Zane2001

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Nopes, still waiting. Did you try the step 3 trick? try to register for step 3 through the fsmb website if Step 2CK was your last step. If you are able to then you passed. In my case this is still not working.

24. bambi101

Nope, unfortunately I haven't done CS yet, so the Step 3 trick wont work for me.. Has your scheduling permit disappeared yet? If yes, when? I've been freaking OUT about mine not disappearing .... :-(

25. akeena

congrats !! how did u improve ur score? what were ur study resources in those 3 weeks?

26. ThrowawayScalpel

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks, and I'm not entirely sure. I was expecting a score about 10 points lower on the real thing. I exclusively used UWorld to study, and probably did about 85-90% of the total question bank (~5 weeks of study time total). I did however spend the last 2-3 days just exclusively doing incorrects though, which I think helped more than doing the last 10% of the qbank.

27. bambi101

My scheduling permit seems to have disappeared! I really hope this is good a sign .. good luck to All of us ...

28. akeena

what was yr uworld avg before incorrect?

29. Medshot

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Just took mine. Went in confident, especially after everyone kept saying trust your scores. Worst exam ive ever taken, extremely vague. Found myself guessing on alot of it :whistle:. At this point im just hoping to pass.

30. bambi101

Took mine a few weeks ago and this is how I felt too.. I should have my score report tomorrow and I’ve been stressing so bad ..idk why everyone says ck is easy

31. Safa10

agreed. Can u please share exam day experience, how u felt about exam , was it doable? And how many percentage of questions u felt u knew the answer

32. Safa10

I took mine gew days ago and im freaking out here. And i keep asking everyone how they felt anonymous their exam, can u share how it overall went ? And how were ur assessments

33. bambi101

on the three step 2 CK NBME's i got 230 > 224 (nbme7) > 239
    UW SA1 240
    UW SA2 241
    On test day it felt like a lot of questions were very vague/ did not provide key info to rule out one of the last two most likely answers. i marked probably 25-30% of questions for review.
    How about you?

34. Zane2001

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So I gave my exam on the 9th and have been waiting for my results since 4 weeks. I tried the Step 3 trick to apply and for the past week I couldn't apply and today I can. I hope that's a positive sign that I passed!!! I have been stressing out ever since I came out of the exam that I didn't so I'm hoping that the fact that I can register for my Step 3 means I passed!

35. bambi101

My scheduling permit disappeared last night so I'm hoping that means i passed as well...Seems like we'll both find out by this time tomorrow! Good luck! At this point I'm wondering I'm seriously considering taking the day off tomorrow so I can check my score in private instead of at work :-/

Zane2001 likes this.
  36. Medshot

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well...it went kinda like this:
    Block 1 :meh
    Block 2 :not so bad
    Block 3 - 8:i mean i could always just quit med school.
    Seriously though i could say i was confident for about 40% of it, 30%: educated guess, 30%: what on earth do you want from me.
    The test was actually extremely vague for me and i was frequently down to 2 correct answers and just used my "gut"
    UWSA 1:257
    UWSA 2:248
    NBME 7:211
    NBME 8:232

37. Safa10

Ur assessment seem very good , dw you’ll get ur desired scores

38. Safa10

Good luck for the big day. Plz do share ur experience

39. Safa10

I had similar assessments, but my exam went like a rollercoaster ride, I have total amnesia of what i did, only thing I remember is i was marking 25-30 qs that means I wasn’t sure about more than half of the ans and was simply guessing between two, that’s why im super scared of results, plz do share ur result tomorrow, I pray u get ur desired scores

40. bambi101

Just got my score- 239! I know it’s not the absolute best, but I’m happy. It’s a big jump from my step 1 score of 224...

41. FrankyBoB0

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Congrats! That's solid work. Are you IMG? Expecting score today but nothing yet is why I ask.

42. bambi101

Thank you, Yep, I am. I hear AMGs usually get theirs by 11 AM ..

43. cool93

Attending Physician
    congrats...

bambi101 likes this.
  44. cool93

Attending Physician
    Just got mine : 251 ...Thank God....

pbrocks15, APA 32, Safa10 and 3 others like this.
  45. FrankyBoB0

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Step 2 CK: 260

4.5 weeks to prepare... Probably only two weeks total of good work. Was just too burnt out after aways rotations and distracted by interview season invites and one interview (at a school I really care about).

Assessments:
    Uworld 1- 260
    NBME6- 257
    NBME 7- 247
    NBME 8- 247
    Uworld 2- 253

Aweful test, felt okay leaving the exam mainly cuz I was numb... and then slipped into a minor depression in the next few hours as I realized I made painfully obvious mistake after mistake. I verified thst I missed at least 7 gimme questions (I remeber questions all to well for better and worse). Also verified I missed over 20 additional questions and was uncomfortable with many more... so yeah 27 missed at least 1000 percent certain. Good luck to everyone else. All I did was Uworld and I regret not using reviewing the free questions, NBMEs more thoroughly ( all I did was take them, I never looked at which ones I missed cuz the new review format is such a pain), and the CMEs. Saw many questions that were replicas from the NBMEs so I imagine if i had I would have studied them and the CMEs I would have recognized many more.

I know the NBMEs get a bad rep for predicting scores, but right on the website it shows that the majority of people score either 0-9 or 10-19 points higher. They give you a lil lower but still accurate representation of where you stand in my opinion. They are conservative in predicting your score, but they say so right on your score report. Should have scored higher but the test is forgiving of repeat dumb mistakes since it's over 300 questions.

Good luck to everyone. Glad the wait is over.

#2245 FrankyBoB0, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  46. Safa10

Many many congratulations

47. Safa10

Can u share exam day experience and assessment scores

48. akeena

congrats thats an amazing score. Can u share how far apart ur assessments were? also how many uworld blocks were u doing a day in last 3 weeks?
    How heavy is biostats on the exam?

49. Medshot

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Congrats, its an amazing score to me. Our step 1 scores are pretty close too, hope i get a great score too. Good luck :).

50. Doc2b82

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    what's the significance of permit link disappearing? my link is gone when I first checked 2 days ago.....I am not expecting results for another week or two.