USMLE Official 2018 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

Discussion in 'Step II' started by Qester, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Doc2b82

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    what's the significance of permit link disappearing? my link is gone when I first checked 2 days ago.....I am not expecting results for another week or two.

2. Safa10

What was the expiry date of ur permit

3. Safa10

I haven’t taken CS yet but already registered for it, so I can’t do the step 3 trick.And my permit for CK was expired nov 30th.
    So i tried to begin a new application (i clicked bar to begin application for Step1,ck and CS) and it was unable to proceed. Does it mean I passed CK? My result is expected coming week

4. Doc2b82

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    not sure January I think

5. FrankyBoB0

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah, approx 1 assessment a week and then did the last nbme with uworld 2 on the same day to simulate the exam 3 days prior to the read deal. Biostats were either simple straight forward stuff or crazy abstract... Like the type of questions you hope or think are experimental. So not really much to study beyond the basics in my opinion. Im too scared to comment on the number of questions sorry. I know the NBME is cra cra with what is considered a violation.

6. Flash Forward

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    When I click on my permit, the following message shows: "Application error: Permit is not available. The candidate may have sat for the exam or the registration is no longer active"

Does this mean my score is coming out next week? I took my test 2 weeks ago.

7. Zatorith

2+ Year Member

you will find out next week?

8. Teegirl

Just calm down. I am sure it doesn’t mean anything.

Safa10 likes this.
  9. Safa10

Thanks dear. I hope you’re hoping to get results next week too.goodluck and do share ur results

10. Safa10

Who is expecting results this Wednesday? How are your feelings ? Nervous? Excited?

11. Patelkai

Took my exam 11/25, should I expect it this Wednesday or next?

12. Safa10

It’s probably gonna be 19th dec for ya. Can u plz tell how ur exam went?how u felt about overall exam and how were ur assessments?

13. Patelkai

It was a **** show. I walked out feeling horrible. step 1 felt more straight forward than this exam.
    I did 3 NBMEs and they all ranged from 209-218. The last one being NBME 8 as 215. NBME made me panic so I pushed mine back a month. Did questions and did more readings for the next month, but I also feel like pushing it back caused me to start forgetting info.
    By the time I sat for the exam, I didn’t know if I was prepared or just tired of studying. I probably flagged half of the questions during the first block and barely had time to go back and review. I just tried to trust my gut. As the blocks went on, I didn’t feel as bad as I did for the first block.
    The bio stats was hard, I guessed for half.
    I looked up some questions that I remembered after the exam, and I was shocked that I got some answers right that I totally guessed on. So I’m trying to remain positive. It’s been a grueling last couple of months between interviews, away rotations, and studying.

Edit: I’m also trying to resist from doing the step 3 trick, because if I’m not supposed to get my score this week then it’ll appear as if I didn’t pass.
    That will drive me into insanity

PugsAndHugs, Teegirl and Safa10 like this.
  14. Safa10

You’ll most probably get ur scores on 4th Wednesday.i know it’s impatient to wait but Try spending time with family and friends so time flies by quick. And did u take uwsas too? I hope u get ur desired scores

15. Imgcaporta

Medical Student
    Took my exam on 12/8. What a beast of an exam it was. Wouldn't say super hard because if you really manage to master uworld along with some decent medschool knowledge you should be all right, but the timing was just such a struggle in each block. I had to quickly guess practically without reading/thinking at least 4 questions. These are my scores:
    Non-US IMG
    Step 1:239
    UWSA1 (8 weeks before): 256
    UWSA2 (1 week before) : 260
    Free 150 (1 day before) : 92 percent
    Anyone knows when I should expect my score?

16. PreMedical73

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So I passed both STEP 1 and STEP 2CK, waiting on my STEP 2 CS scores, took CS on October 24th. The reporting period for my exam is Dec 12th - Jan 9th. My CS permit disappeared but I am really worried because I can't register for STEP 3 yet and idk if that means I failed CS!??! If so Idk how I would take the exam within next 2 weeks to get results before ranking. Any thoughts? I am a US med student.

APA 32 likes this.
  17. Patelkai

What does your screen say when you try and register for step 3

18. Patelkai

Thanks best of luck too. No I didn’t take uwsa. I did Uworld almost 2x

19. PreMedical73

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    When I click Add New, it only gives me the option to register for STEP 1, STEP 2CK, STEP 2CS. and it doesn't let me register for CS again either stating "An open Step 2 CS registration already exists. If you tested, you may not reapply for the Step until your score is reported. If you did not test, you may not reapply for the Step until 7 days after your eligibility period has expired." My CS eligibility period is till April 2019.

20. medschoolmyname

medschoolmyname Lord Have MRSA
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Step 3 trick doesn’t work for US grads, u need to have graduated and received your degree before. So no point in trying, have to wait like the rest of us. I’m an AMG and my permit also disappeared, tried the trick myself and it doesn’t work. Only ppl it can possibly work, skeptic tbh, is an IMG who has already graduated, and passed step 1, and 2ck.

21. PreMedical73

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thank You so much for your response! this helps explains things so much better. I wasn't aware of this information.

22. Reality19

Medical Student
    Its not completely true, but don't freak out either way! this exam has as way of invoking undue stress. Side note, I am a US med student as well, i was only permitted to reach the registration page for step 3 the night before my report was released. I DID NOT proceed past that point because as students, we can not ACTUALLY successfully register until after we graduate; as you know.

All the best!

23. Patelkai

What date did you take it and when did you get your score

24. Reality19

Medical Student
    its been forever ago it seems. I took both CS and CK back in April. CK results came the normal 3-4 weeks after the exam and CS took seemingly a lifetime. Was that what you were asking?

25. akeena

to all those receiving their ck today! Good luck! hope u all do great

26. Teegirl

Uwsa1 (3 months out) 211
    Uwsa 2 (1 month out) 214
    Free 120 (2 weeks out) 72%
    Nbme 8 (1 week out) 213

Step 2 CK; 230
    Just really grateful I passed. My assessments were all very low and never really improved. Not the best score but I m posting Just to encourage anyone feeling down because this thread really kept me sane.
    All the best guys.

Usmle mania and Horners like this.
  27. akeena

congratulations thats an amazing score. What were ur resources? how many times did u do uworld? do u think uworld was enough to answer most questions?

28. Horners

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Congrats on passing on the great score!

What do you think contributed to the difference between actual test vs assessments?

Were you not taking the assessments seriously? Something you did in the last week?

How was the test day experience/how’d you feel about the blocks, please do tell!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

29. Teegirl

Resource was mainly UW. I did UW twice. I think UW is good enough if you really study the explanations and make flash cards out of them. I also used OME for specific difficult areas for me like Cardio

30. Teegirl

Honestly I still dont know what exactly made the difference. I did take the assessments seriously and tried to simulate testing conditions (did them at the library).
    I was hoping for a score above my step 1 (228) but realistically expecting a score in the 210s based on my assessments.
    The last week, I tried to simulate the exam condition. I would sit through 8 uworld blocks of 40 questions each, in random timed mode, daily and take breaks as I planned for the exam.
    I also reviewed my incorrects and flash cards and prayed alot. Lol
    Test day was a blur. I only remember block 1 and 2 being relatively easy. Block 3-8 were like ‘what the hell do they want from me???’ At block 6 I was tired, I caught myself dozing off a few times

#2280 Teegirl, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:16 AM
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018 at 11:36 AM
    Usmle mania likes this.
  31. Horners

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Yea I have about a week left... so I’m just trying to Uworld as much as humanly possible. Taking UWSA1 right now and I’m dozing off lol can’t imagine 8 blocks in one shot

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

32. Medshot

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Huge congrats and your score is great, id love tk get that score cos its above my step 1 score too. You worked hard and you did real good. This thread is also maintaining my sanity. Woulda lost it days ago if not for this.
    Good luck.

Usmle mania likes this.
  33. Usmle mania

hey guys, hope all of you are doing well. I just started my CK prep. Can someone tell me what are the "nbmes" of CK? I mean how will I assess my progress? Is it smart to for step 3 uw too? How long on average should it take me to get done with my first round of uw? And how many times should I do uw? Thanks!