**Official 2019 Orthodontic PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. Oklahoma - 7/20 (Phone) / Interview October 26 or November 2 with social night before.
2. Indiana - 8/20 (E-mail) / Interview Friday October 12 with social night before
3. UBC - 8/16 (E-mail) / Interview Saturday November 3 with social night before
4. Loma Linda - 8/28 (Phone) / Interview Monday October 8 or Tuesday October 9
5. MUSC - 8/28 (E-mail) / Interview Friday September 28 or October 12 with social night before
6. UIC - 8/28 (E-mail) / Interview Friday October 5 or October 19 with social night before
7. University of Rochester - 8/29 (Phone) / Interview September 10/24 one day
8. Iowa - 8/30 (E-mail) / Interview September 28 with social night before
9. University of Pittsburgh - 8/28 (Phone) / Interview September 28 or October 1 with social night before
10. Boston University - 9/5 and 9/6 (E-mail) / Interview October 15 or 23 with social night before
11. U of Kentucky / September 9/5 (phone)/ Interview: October 22 with social night before
12. Texas A&M - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 1 or October 2 with social night before
13. LSU- 9/7 (email) / Interview October 25 or 26 with social Thursday

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
Any response from JU , UB , Case and Upenn ?
Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Hi
Congrats for those who got an interview invetations
Hope you will be accepted

Do you know if university send an e-mail for an invitation at differen times? Or call in deferent dates?

I am very stressed

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Stressed and keep checking emails, spam and phone. I do t think you can anticipate when or how they will get in touch. Hopefully you will here soon. I think the next two weeks should be pretty busy with invites.

Reactions: 2 users
1. Oklahoma - 7/20 (Phone) / Interview October 26 or November 2 with social night before.
2. Indiana - 8/20 (E-mail) / Interview Friday October 12 with social night before
5. MUSC - 8/28 (E-mail) / Interview Friday September 28 or October 12 with social night before
6. UIC - 8/28 (E-mail) / Interview Friday October 5 or October 19 with social night before
9. Tufts - 8/29 (E-mail) / Interview 9/28 with social night before
10. University of Pittsburgh - 8/28 (Phone) / Interview September 28 or October 1 with social night before
11. Boston University - 9/5 and 9/6 (E-mail) / Interview October 15 or 23 with social night before
12. U of Kentucky / September 9/5 (phone)/ Interview: October 22 with social night before
13. Texas A&M - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 1 or October 2 with social night before
14. UNMC - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview 10/8 or 10/9 with social the night before
15. LSU- 9/7 (email) / Interview October 25 or 26 with social Thursday

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone interviewing at UPitt on the 1st of October, is willing to switch their dates with me for the 28th of September?

Please let me know!

9. Tufts - 8/29 (E-mail) / Interview September 28 with social night before
10. University of Pittsburgh - 8/28 (Phone) / Interview September 28 or October 1 with social night before
11. Boston University - 9/5 and 9/6 (E-mail) / Interview October 15 or 23 with social night before
12. U of Kentucky / September 9/5 (Phone) / Interview October 22 with social night before
13. Texas A&M - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 1 or October 2 with social night before
14. UNMC - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 8 or October 9 with social the night before
15. LSU - 9/7 (E-mail) / Interview October 25 or 26 with social Thursday
16. University of Washington - 9/8 (E-mail) / Interview October 8 with social night before

Reactions: 1 users
Where did you guys get info on the whole application process and what you have to do? Thank you

I want to send out good vibes to everyone following this thread. If you haven’t received your first interview invitation, fingers crossed for your first invitation to come this week. For those who have an interview scheduled, fingers crossed for more invitations to come.

I’m currently reviewing my Ron Fry interview book and reinforced in the belief that preparation is essential for success and anticipating the most challenging question(s) and environments will allow you to prepare the best.

Reactions: 5 users
12. U of Kentucky / September 9/5 (Phone) / Interview October 22 with social night before
14. UNMC - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 8 or October 9 with social the night before
16. University of Washington - 9/8 (E-mail) / Interview October 8 with social night before
17. SUNY Buffalo - 9/10 (E-mail) / Interview October 12 or 15 with social the night before

I want to send out good vibes to everyone following this thread. If you haven’t received your first interview invitation, fingers crossed for your first invitation to come this week. For those who have an interview scheduled, fingers crossed for more invitations to come.

I’m currently reviewing my Ron Fry interview book and reinforced in the belief that preparation is essential for success and anticipating the most challenging question(s) and environments will allow you to prepare the best.
Hello Babytoof! Congrats on your interview invitations! I found more than one Ron Fry interview books online, any specific one that you recommend, please? Also, could you please share some tips for preparing the interview? Thanks a lot! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Babytoof! Congrats on your interview invitations! I found more than one Ron Fry interview books online, any specific one that you recommend, please? Also, could you please share some tips for preparing the interview? Thanks a lot! Good luck!

I’m reading 101 answers to the toughest questions. It’s not dental specific but I think it’s a great book to help stage the interview day, process, and expectations. It’s a really easy read. The best tip I can give you is to imagine the kind of questions you would ask if you had to interview someone for a job. In this situation, what would the interviewers want to know about you. Weaknesses, strengths, personality traits, ability to work individually/collaboratively, leader vs. follower, ability to self evaluate vs. evaluating others, ability to explain past successes and failures, personal and professional outlook and vision, goals, aspirations, research ideas, etc.

Listen, observe, think critically and assess what is important to the program. See how you fit in.

My two cents

Each school has different requirements and they list on their program website.
Thank you, how about information on the pass/match and just in general more information about each program? Like which ones are OK with prior GP work experience, etc.

Hey Everyone,

I was curious if anyone is able to switch interview dates with me for Oklahoma. I currently have October 26th, but I have board exams through my school then... If someone would be willing to switch their November 2nd date with me, that would be fantastic!

Thanks

Thank you, how about information on the pass/match and just in general more information about each program? Like which ones are OK with prior GP work experience, etc.
you have to check each program and its specifications

if you want it concisely you should check out this link that has all the programs that participate in PASS with their requirements listed (but of course you must also go through the university website too just in case theres additional information) : (cant post . a link but type in programpages pass cass on google)

for more information on PASS and Match go to the pass ADEA home page
theres a FAQs section that will prove useful

generally though as a summary, PASS is the portal through which you apply to the programs. You upload the required documents on it.

most programs dont ask for previous experience, but they all ask for CVs so obviously the more you do thats relevant and shows commitment and hardwork, the better the chances are hopefully.

Good luck!

17. SUNY Buffalo - 9/10 (E-mail) / Interview October 12 or 15 with social the night before
18. OHSU- 9/10 (email)/ Interview October 18th or 19th with social the night before.

Based on interview deadlines, we still haven't heard from:
Aug 1 - Harvard, Mayo, Ohio State
Aug 15 - ASDOH, Augusta, NYU, Stony Brook, UCSF, Maryland, Michigan, UNC, UOP
Sept 1 - Case Western, Nova, Seton Hill, St. Barnabas, Temple, UCLA, Detroit Mercy, Florida, Louisville, Minnesota, UMKC, UPenn, UTHSC, VCU

Anyone hear anything about these programs?

Last edited:
11. UNLV - 9/4 (email) / Interview October 5 with social night before
12. Boston University - 9/5 and 9/6 (E-mail) / Interview October 15 or 23 with social night before
13. U of Kentucky / September 9/5 (Phone) / Interview October 22 with social night before
14. Texas A&M - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 1 or October 2 with social night before
15. UNMC - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 8 or October 9 with social the night before
16. LSU - 9/7 (E-mail) / Interview October 25 or 26 with social Thursday
17. University of Washington - 9/8 (E-mail) / Interview October 8 with social night before
18. SUNY Buffalo - 9/10 (E-mail) / Interview October 12 or 15 with social the night before
19. OHSU- 9/10 (email)/ Interview October 18th or 19th with social the night before.

Does anyone have any experience of attending just the interview and not the social the night before? I know that is preferable to attend both the social and the interview. However I am attempting to go to an extra school. I have two interviews with a conflicting date and the only way to go to both would Be to attend the first social interview and for the second school only the interview. Any thoughts?

If that’s the only way it would work out, then I would do the same. It’s not like you have much other choice. At least you have interview conflicts! That’s probably a good problem to have. Personally I haven’t got any interviews so I’d trade with u. Good luck.

Does anyone have any experience of attending just the interview and not the social the night before? I know that is preferable to attend both the social and the interview. However I am attempting to go to an extra school. I have two interviews with a conflicting date and the only way to go to both would Be to attend the first social interview and for the second school only the interview. Any thoughts?
I've heard from a few of my buddies that have already graduated from ortho. Not going to the social with the current residents doesn't pan out well. I'd try calling the schools and asking for a different date before you just don't show up to one of them. My two cents.

These programs have yet to

I know it's hard to rank the programs before visiting, but which program do you prefer on paper? If you have no real preference then I think you just do it the way you have planned. If you really like that program on the 2nd day and cannot attend social, maybe give up the interview on the first day? Just giving you different angles. The social can sometimes be just as important if resident input is received as a part of the process.

Hey everyone,

I also am currently scheduled to interview at Oklahoma on October 26 but can no longer make it that day. Would anyone who has the November 2 date be able to switch me? I would really appreciate it!

Anyone want to switch Pittsburgh interview dates? Currently scheduled for 9/28, and I’d like to switch it to 10/3.

Hey guys,
Anyone heard from the University of Washington?? Please let us know.
Thanks

Aug 1 - Harvard, Mayo, Ohio State
Aug 15 - ASDOH, Augusta, NYU, Stony Brook, UCSF, Maryland, Michigan, UNC, UOP
Sept 1 - Case Western, Nova, Seton Hill, St. Barnabas, Temple, UCLA, Detroit Mercy, Florida, Louisville, Minnesota, UMKC, UPenn, UTHSC, VCU

Anyone hear anything about these programs?
still waiting :(

For those posting dates of interviews, have you listed all of your interviews or simply listed of all of the interviews that you are aware that have been given out?

And yes Ohio state (email 9/11) and washington (email 9/8) have given out interviews now

For those posting dates of interviews, have you listed all of your interviews or simply listed of all of the interviews that you are aware that have been given out?

And yes Ohio state (email 9/11) and washington (email 9/8) have given out interviews now
I believe the list represents a current list of all programs that have given out interviews. It doesn't represent the interviews that the person has gotten.

12. Boston University - 9/5 and 9/6 (E-mail) / Interview October 15 or 23 with social night before
13. U of Kentucky / September 9/5 (Phone) / Interview October 22 with social night before
14. Texas A&M - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 1 or October 2 with social night before
15. UNMC - 9/7 (Phone) / Interview October 8 or October 9 with social the night before
17. University of Washington - 9/8 (E-mail) / Interview October 8 with social night before
18. SUNY Buffalo - 9/10 (E-mail) / Interview October 12 or 15 with social the night before
19. OHSU- 9/10 (email)/ Interview October 18th or 19th with social the night before.
20. UT Houston - 9/11 (email) /Interview October 11th or 12th with social afternoon before.
21. UCSF - 9/11 (email) / interview Oct 18 with social night before

Last edited:
Would anyone be willing to switch Iowa interview dates? I am scheduled for October 25/26 but trying to switch to Sept 27/28.

20. UT Houston - 9/11 (email) /Interview October 11th or 12th with social afternoon before.
22. Ohio State 9/11 (email)/ Interview: October 9th with social the night before

Aug 1 - Harvard, Mayo
Aug 15 - ASDOH, Augusta, NYU, Stony Brook, Maryland, Michigan, UNC, UOP

22. Ohio State 9/11 (email)/ Interview: October 9th with social the night before
23. Seton Hill- 9/11 (email) / Interview: Sep 28th with social the night before

For those who have interviewed before or from those who have friends, what was the maximum amount of interviews you were able to attend with all of the scheduling conflicts?

13. U of Kentucky - 9/5 (Phone) / Interview October 22 with social night before
19. OHSU - 9/10 (E-mail) / Interview October 18th or 19th with social the night before.
20. UT Houston - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview October 11th or 12th with social afternoon before.
21. UCSF - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview Oct 18 with social night before
22. Ohio State - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview October 9th with social the night before
23. Seton Hill - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview September 28th with social night before

Aug 1 - Harvard, Mayo
Sept 1 - Case Western, Nova, St. Barnabas, Temple, UCLA, Detroit Mercy, Florida, Louisville, Minnesota, UMKC, UPenn, UTHSC, VCU

Has anyone heard anything from UC Denver?

19. OHSU - 9/10 (E-mail) / Interview October 18th or 19th with social the night before.
20. UT Houston - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview October 11th or 12th with social afternoon before.
22. Ohio State - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview October 9th with social the night before
23. Seton Hill - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview September 28th with social night before

Aug 1 - Harvard, Mayo
Sept 1 - Case Western, Nova, St. Barnabas, Temple, UCLA, Detroit Mercy, Florida, Louisville, Minnesota, UMKC, UPenn, UTHSC, VCU

Ohio state also has October 8 interview date with social the night before

22. Ohio State - 9/11 (E-mail) / Interview October 8th or 9th with social the night before

Aug 1 - Harvard, Mayo

For those who have interviewed before or from those who have friends, what was the maximum amount of interviews you were able to attend with all of the scheduling conflicts?
I looked at last year's page and it seemed like people attended all of the interview invites they got, ranging from 1 to 8 (small sample size, though). I've personally decided that I'd rather attend less interviews than miss the social the night before in order to attend more. Until I start hearing from people that got accepted to a school that they missed the social for, I'm considering it just as important as the interview.

I looked at last year's page and it seemed like people attended all of the interview invites they got, ranging from 1 to 8 (small sample size, though). I've personally decided that I'd rather attend less interviews than miss the social the night before in order to attend more. Until I start hearing from people that got accepted to a school that they missed the social for, I'm considering it just as important as the interview.

Please do not listen to this....maximize your interviews for better chances of matching...

Please do not listen to this....maximize your interviews for better chances of matching...
I’m honestly really sorry if that sounded like selfish or evil advice. 100% my two cents but I can totally see the other side of it!

I’m honestly really sorry if that sounded like selfish or evil advice. 100% my two cents but I can totally see the other side of it!

I don’t think you were wrong to state your personal opinion. You didn’t say the person should do what you are doing. Everyone wants to interview and match into their dream program. People will prioritize things differently and do what feels right for them. Everyone knows to take everything written here with a grain of salt. I hope.

I’m reading 101 answers to the toughest questions. It’s not dental specific but I think it’s a great book to help stage the interview day, process, and expectations. It’s a really easy read. The best tip I can give you is to imagine the kind of questions you would ask if you had to interview someone for a job. In this situation, what would the interviewers want to know about you. Weaknesses, strengths, personality traits, ability to work individually/collaboratively, leader vs. follower, ability to self evaluate vs. evaluating others, ability to explain past successes and failures, personal and professional outlook and vision, goals, aspirations, research ideas, etc.

Listen, observe, think critically and assess what is important to the program. See how you fit in.

My two cents
Thank you Babytoof! That's very helpful! Good luck with your interviews:):):)

Also nothing from USC and Rutgers

USC deadline is actually 10/2. That's the latest deadline.
Rutgers and UConn, Columbia and Albert Einstein have deadline of 9/15. So technically we won't hear from them at least for another week.