You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official 2025 OMFS PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**
Started by toothwizzy2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Reminder to check the ADEA PASS site and the programs actual website for application requirements. Some have random requirements not listed in PASS.
which programs told you that?Curious who’s all planning on submitting before they have their INBDE scores. Some have said it takes up to a month to get them. Otherwise, my app has been complete for some time, and it’d be nice to submit. As previously answered on a different post, it seems the majority of programs don’t care. However, some have told me, if it’s listed as “will take” and not “have taken, pass,” it will be seen as incomplete and not reviewed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted923283
Back when we have parts 1 and 2, we submitted our apps with part 2 as “pending” or “will take”Curious who’s all planning on submitting before they have their INBDE scores. Some have said it takes up to a month to get them. Otherwise, my app has been complete for some time, and it’d be nice to submit. As previously answered on a different post, it seems the majority of programs don’t care. However, some have told me, if it’s listed as “will take” and not “have taken, pass,” it will be seen as incomplete and not reviewed.
Did not have any issues last cycle with submitting without INDBE results in Sept and uploading to PASS once I got my result. I took my exam in Oct for reference
Best of luck everyone!
-sleep deprived-poppa lac, PGY-1
-sleep deprived-poppa lac, PGY-1
Anyone want to share what their PD says about what a "safe" score is for this cycle? Mine says above a 60 EPC
Obturator33
New Member
A PD told me above 70, but I would assume that it varies from program to program.Anyone want to share what their PD says about what a "safe" score is for this cycle? Mine says above a 60 EPC
EPC or old score? I know some med schools want a 70 old score cut off but not sure about EPCA PD told me above 70, but I would assume that it varies from program to program.
Obturator33
New Member
Honestly, they didn't specify, lol. Who knows though, it seems like scores shot up during the near-covid era, but are slowing coming down (slightly).EPC or old score? I know some med schools want a 70 old score cut off but not sure about EPC
Is it OK to submit the applications while I am still waiting on the letters of rec I requested? Or should I wait until they are all in to submit my apps?
Looking to do 3 externships this year and want to make them count - anybody have any recommendations for 6 yr programs to check out that aren't in the South? (No hate for the South - I know many of the southern programs are strong however per many of our recent OMFS alumni I'm trying to be realistic about where I'd be happy for 6 years)
D
deleted923283
We have a good time here at Case. I think our externs have a good experience - you’ll see what a busy dentoalveolar clinic looks like, and we do some big OR cases each week (but thankfully no cancer). Only downside is that it will only be 5 happy years instead of 6 😉Looking to do 3 externships this year and want to make them count - anybody have any recommendations for 6 yr programs to check out that aren't in the South? (No hate for the South - I know many of the southern programs are strong however per many of our recent OMFS alumni I'm trying to be realistic about where I'd be happy for 6 years)
My advice to any extern is to avoid holiday weeks and June/July if possible. You won’t have as good of an experience. But sometimes that’s the only chance you have to do away rotations.
Some programs say on their website they want a 2x2 photo uploaded to PASS. I dont see a spot on PASS to upload a photo, where did you guys put it?
D
deleted1157770
I put it in Documents as my “revised CV”. And also included a small photo on my CVSome programs say on their website they want a 2x2 photo uploaded to PASS. I dont see a spot on PASS to upload a photo, where did you guys put it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok cool.I put it in Documents as my “revised CV”. And also included a small photo on my CV
Was going to either do that or just upload it in each individual programs documents section. Same with CBSE report.
D
deleted923283
Just giving a heads up - Case Western will be having interviews this year Friday October 4th. Plan is for one day only (not two dates like previous years). We'll have a great time! Invites have not been sent yet, nor have they even started looking at applications. I encourage everyone to apply by the September 1st deadline (apply early if you can). 3 lucky winners this cycle will be Ivy.ch's interns!
(I'll get around to posting a program update later this month, but if you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to shoot me a direct message)
(I'll get around to posting a program update later this month, but if you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to shoot me a direct message)
Havelock714
New Member
Plan on taking cbse in February and doing a non cat year for 24-25. Would I still be required to submit a pass application?
To the best of my knowledge, once you submit any single program app, you can only edit the “program materials” section but not anything else
Can a letter of recommendation be adjusted after it's been submitted to PASS? A big application update occurred on my end with a professor who already submitted their letter.
I don’t think so. You can submit a new one thoughCan a letter of recommendation be adjusted after it's been submitted to PASS? A big application update occurred on my end with a professor who already submitted their letter.
Isn't Indiana's deadline 10/1?1. Indiana: In-Person - 10/25 & 10/28 - Call June
Good luck in the cycle everyone!
D
deleted1157770
Deadline is their last day to submit. Their PD must review and extend interviews on a rolling basis. I got a phone call in July for Indiana.Isn't Indiana's deadline 10/1?
ive been told by PD to not convert, and just report what you got on your score reportHi all! When asked for the “CBSE Score” in program materials, do PDs prefer the EPC score or the old two digit score? The app only allows a two digit answer
This is helpful thank you!ive been told by PD to not convert, and just report what you got on your score report
WizDumTooth
New Member
Hello everyone!
BU/BMC OMFS here. Come join us on August 27th at 6pm EST for a virtual open house to learn more about our 4 and 6 year tracks!
Register here: Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: Boston U- Virtual Open House. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.
https://bit.ly/omfs-virtual-open-house

BU/BMC OMFS here. Come join us on August 27th at 6pm EST for a virtual open house to learn more about our 4 and 6 year tracks!
Register here: Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: Boston U- Virtual Open House. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.
https://bit.ly/omfs-virtual-open-house
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Indiana: In-Person - 10/25 & 10/28 - Call June
2. UF Jacksonville - 10/29 & 11/5 - email
2. UF Jacksonville - 10/29 & 11/5 - email
Hello Everyone, I am planning on doing a non cat intern year as I will be retaking my CBSE this upcoming Feb 2025. I have heard several different responses on how to go about approaching applying for noncat positions. Would anyone be able to help me understand the timeline and how to apply for non-cat intern positions? I understand that a PASS application may be necessary for some programs, and for other you directly contact the Program director.I appreciate your help.
D
deleted1196239
DM meHello Everyone, I am planning on doing a non cat intern year as I will be retaking my CBSE this upcoming Feb 2025. I have heard several different responses on how to go about approaching applying for noncat positions. Would anyone be able to help me understand the timeline and how to apply for non-cat intern positions? I understand that a PASS application may be necessary for some programs, and for other you directly contact the Program director.I appreciate your help.
Hey guys just wanted to post a quick update about Baylor/TAMU.
Our medical school has been moved to Dallas and is no longer in Lubbock. We are also now paid a full salary all 6 years.
Good luck to all applicants.
Our medical school has been moved to Dallas and is no longer in Lubbock. We are also now paid a full salary all 6 years.
Good luck to all applicants.
D
deleted1196239
Solid program. not many programs pay their residents for all six yearsHey guys just wanted to post a quick update about Baylor/TAMU.
Our medical school has been moved to Dallas and is no longer in Lubbock. We are also now paid a full salary all 6 years.
Good luck to all applicants.
Could you forward your advice regarding this to me as well? Thank you in advance.DM me
Dear Members, I wish you all luck for Pass/Match this year. I need some sincere advice and I am hoping for some good news.
I am a dentist who graduated from dental school 8 years ago. I was an international dentist and graduated Valedictorian with 4.0 GPA, came to the US, got into an AS program in 2014, graduated 2016 with 3.75 GPA, 30/70 class rank, High Honors, Dean's List. All my life, I have wanted to be Fellowship trained OMFS/CMFS and my entire CV is laden with OS pursuits. I did three externships in 2012 (been a long time!). I could not apply in 2016-2019 due to visa issues. When I finally became PR, COVID hit and slowed my pursuits. I had some terrible family situation in 2021 and could not do much for 2 years. I am now in a much better situation. My love for OMFS still rages strong but I have been told it might be too late for me to apply now...I have to take my CBSE which I plan on doing in Feb, 2025.....Kindly advise me....
I am a dentist who graduated from dental school 8 years ago. I was an international dentist and graduated Valedictorian with 4.0 GPA, came to the US, got into an AS program in 2014, graduated 2016 with 3.75 GPA, 30/70 class rank, High Honors, Dean's List. All my life, I have wanted to be Fellowship trained OMFS/CMFS and my entire CV is laden with OS pursuits. I did three externships in 2012 (been a long time!). I could not apply in 2016-2019 due to visa issues. When I finally became PR, COVID hit and slowed my pursuits. I had some terrible family situation in 2021 and could not do much for 2 years. I am now in a much better situation. My love for OMFS still rages strong but I have been told it might be too late for me to apply now...I have to take my CBSE which I plan on doing in Feb, 2025.....Kindly advise me....
D
deleted923283
Take the CBSE and see what you get. That usually is the hurdle that stops the most people. Can’t give you advice without that.Dear Members, I wish you all luck for Pass/Match this year. I need some sincere advice and I am hoping for some good news.
I am a dentist who graduated from dental school 8 years ago. I was an international dentist and graduated Valedictorian with 4.0 GPA, came to the US, got into an AS program in 2014, graduated 2016 with 3.75 GPA, 30/70 class rank, High Honors, Dean's List. All my life, I have wanted to be Fellowship trained OMFS/CMFS and my entire CV is laden with OS pursuits. I did three externships in 2012 (been a long time!). I could not apply in 2016-2019 due to visa issues. When I finally became PR, COVID hit and slowed my pursuits. I had some terrible family situation in 2021 and could not do much for 2 years. I am now in a much better situation. My love for OMFS still rages strong but I have been told it might be too late for me to apply now...I have to take my CBSE which I plan on doing in Feb, 2025.....Kindly advise me....
Agreed! I am gearing myself for it. I am also worried about class rank.... How much does that impact the application? If a decent score is achieved on CBSE (70+), how will that fare to a 50th percentile class rank..Take the CBSE and see what you get. That usually is the hurdle that stops the most people. Can’t give you advice without that.
Still not ideal with that class rank unless you got a higher score. You would definitely have a shot though and if you interview well, could match somewhere. You would need to apply broadly to maximize opportunityAgreed! I am gearing myself for it. I am also worried about class rank.... How much does that impact the application? If a decent score is achieved on CBSE (70+), how will that fare to a 50th percentile class rank..
Would someone have a good shot with that rank if they took a noncat?Still not ideal with that class rank unless you got a higher score. You would definitely have a shot though and if you interview well, could match somewhere. You would need to apply broadly to maximize opportunity
1. Indiana: In-Person - 10/25 & 10/28 - Call June
2. UF Jacksonville - 10/29 & 11/5 - email
3. Henry Ford - 10/24 & 10/25 - email
2. UF Jacksonville - 10/29 & 11/5 - email
3. Henry Ford - 10/24 & 10/25 - email
Did anybody get the secondary app from USC yet?
NopeDid anybody get the secondary app from USC yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Love to see it 🤝Hey guys just wanted to post a quick update about Baylor/TAMU.
Our medical school has been moved to Dallas and is no longer in Lubbock. We are also now paid a full salary all 6 years.
Good luck to all applicants.
How is everybody reporting their CBSE score?
Is anyone including their converted 2-digit or 3-digit on their CV/Resume?
Is anyone including their converted 2-digit or 3-digit on their CV/Resume?
D
deleted1157770
EPC onlyHow is everybody reporting their CBSE score?
Is anyone including their converted 2-digit or 3-digit on their CV/Resume?
When you select a program to apply to, there is a place to upload your CBSE score report under the "Documents" section for that specific program. This is where you will also upload your personal statement. So you'll upload your CBSE and personal statement for each individual program.Gooooood question, I’ve been confused as to where the score is uploaded on PASS?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 59
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 353
- Views
- 162K
- Replies
- 235
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 321
- Views
- 217K