Official 2019 Rank Order Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Which "codes" am i supposed to quadruple check on my rank list? NRMP code and ACGME code? Thats it?

lol I've checked those numbers way too many times...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of New Mexico vs LSU-Our Lady of the Lake (Baton Rouge, LA)

UNM: More academic, more research options, more known reputation, child fellowship, but further from spouse (9 hours)

LSU: My favorite PD + PC of all my interviews, slightly closer to spouse (6 hours), matches well into child fellowships in recent years, but less known reputation and less child exposure, newer program

I keep going back to and forth on these two. Anyone have any advice or information on either? Thank you.

Absolutely stuck between UT Austin and OHSU. Can anyone weigh in on pros/cons they may have picked up at each? I've gone over my own list s thousand times and still can't make up my mind.

Absolutely stuck between UT Austin and OHSU. Can anyone weigh in on pros/cons they may have picked up at each? I've gone over my own list s thousand times and still can't make up my mind.
Do you want to live in TX or OR?
Which cultural scene is more appealing to you?
Would you rather spend your weekends in the mountains or (where ever people from Austin go)?

I'm still somewhat stuck between Umiami v.s Drexel. Umiami strikes me as the better program. But Drexel sounds like it may have better psychotherapy training, be more chill, and is significantly closer to home.

Do you want to live in TX or OR?
Which cultural scene is more appealing to you?
Would you rather spend your weekends in the mountains or (where ever people from Austin go)?

Love the environment of Portland. Just not so sure about the weather. I much prefer mountains, camping, skiing, etc...but the thought of 6 months of gray is really worrisome for someone who is used to the California sun.

I actually prefer Portland to Austin ever so slightly...but I think the job market is better for my spouse in Austin...and the call schedule is much better.

There's pros/cons to each..just having the hardest time placing value on each.

Love the environment of Portland. Just not so sure about the weather. I much prefer mountains, camping, skiing, etc...but the thought of 6 months of gray is really worrisome for someone who is used to the California sun.

I actually prefer Portland to Austin ever so slightly...but I think the job market is better for my spouse in Austin...and the call schedule is much better.

There's pros/cons to each..just having the hardest time placing value on each.
7 & 1/2 hours to decide and certify!

Reactions: 1 user
lurker here. need some help. trying to make a last minute decision between Baylor and Utah. Like both programs in interview day but felt that I "clicked" more with interviewers at Utah. Seemed like Baylor had much more diverse training experience but they also worked more than Utah residents. Really like the research opportunities at Baylor.

Not sure which to pick. Seems like QOL is much better at Utah but the training opportunities at Baylor were better. Thoughts?

As a PGY-4 chief resident who got to see 'behind the curtain' on recruitment this year (and now feeling really invested in seeing how things turn out!) just want to say good luck to everyone! Deadlines can be stressful -- I hope everyone feels as satisfied as possible with their lists today, and that all your Match dreams come true --

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As a PGY-4 chief resident who got to see 'behind the curtain' on recruitment this year (and now feeling really invested in seeing how things turn out!) just want to say good luck to everyone! Deadlines can be stressful -- I hope everyone feels as satisfied as possible with their lists today, and that all your Match dreams come true --

Adding as someone who matched last year - I hope all of you end to somewhere where you're as happy as I've been this year, even if it isn't your number one.

Reactions: 7 users
No less stressful for us! I've checked at least 3 times today to make SURE our list was marked CERTIFIED. :scared:

May the Odds Be in Your Favor!

1 hour 47 minutes...

Reactions: 6 users
I saw a couple people on the Reddit Excel call UT Austin malignant. They're in my top three....i absolutely didn't get that vibe....but am I missing something about them???

I saw a couple people on the Reddit Excel call UT Austin malignant. They're in my top three....i absolutely didn't get that vibe....but am I missing something about them???

Did you see the chat post about someone who was bragging about bashing the programs they wanted most? I would take everything from unverifiable sources with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you see the chat post about someone who was bragging about bashing the programs they wanted most? I would take everything from unverifiable sources with a grain of salt.
Must have missed that one...I was kinda skeptical tbh. Austin residents seemed really happy.

Sending good vibes and wishing everyone matchies to their top ranked programs!

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck everyone!!!

Regardless of where you end up on your list, I hope you each and every one of you match at a program where you can find happiness and work/life balance in the next 3-4 years! :)

Reactions: 9 users
I feel like i changed everything last minute... Literally at like 8:55!
But I think I'm super happy with my list. There are so many pros and cons to my top three (and even top 6-7) for me personally that there's no way I'd be unhappy at any of them.

I realized pretty early on that there's no perfect program and I had the hardest time weighting the rest of the things. It's like a pretty bizarre feeling to think that realistically there would be little difference in my overall happiness at any of my top 5-7 programs.

Stay classy for the next 3 weeks y'all! See you on the other side.

Reactions: 3 users
Before I spend the next 2.5 weeks worrying about this, what was this talk of triple checking the NRMP numbers? Like 3 of my 5 ranks didn't have them listed on ERAS so I just searched in NRMP for the program. Each program shows up as psych, and at each place I interviewed.... I'm not exactly sure how I would recheck the NRMP number (like what exactly I would check it against).

Am I missing something/am I screwed?

I'm already worried enough about not matching as is, I was hoping my own incompetence would not be a barrier.

Before I spend the next 2.5 weeks worrying about this, what was this talk of triple checking the NRMP numbers? Like 3 of my 5 ranks didn't have them listed on ERAS so I just searched in NRMP for the program. Each program shows up as psych, and at each place I interviewed.... I'm not exactly sure how I would recheck the NRMP number (like what exactly I would check it against).

Am I missing something/am I screwed?

I'm already worried enough about not matching as is, I was hoping my own incompetence would not be a barrier.

As long as you searched in the NRMP system and made sure that you entered the programs you interviewed for and didn’t accidentally put something from the same program you didn’t interview for (for instance, putting down child/general combined or research track when you only interviewed for general) you will be fine. Congrats, you’re done! Time to relax and enjoy the ride for the next few weeks :).

Reactions: 1 users
As long as you searched in the NRMP system and made sure that you entered the programs you interviewed for and didn’t accidentally put something from the same program you didn’t interview for (for instance, putting down child/general combined or research track when you only interviewed for general) you will be fine. Congrats, you’re done! Time to relax and enjoy the ride for the next few weeks :).
Much appreciated

There is a psych spread sheet that has a ton of reviews on it. Apparently Baylor residents are packing heat

Good luck to everyone! Enjoy the next month before match day. You're so close!
Go do fun stuff and don't work too hard, there's plenty of time for that coming up.

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to everyone! Enjoy the next month before match day. You're so close!
Go do fun stuff and don't work too hard, there's plenty of time for that coming up.
Does sleeping count as a fun stuff?:D

Last edited:
Does sleeping count as a fun stuff?:D
From a resident coming off a busy nightfloat - sleep is absolutely the most fun thing ever.

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

From a resident coming off a busy nightfloat - sleep is absolutely the most fun thing ever.

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

We missed you here Amygdarya! Hope your Pgy-1 treats you well:)

Anyone rank combined IM/Psych with their Psych programs? Haven’t seen any mention of MedPsych on SDN or Reddit this year.

Anyone rank combined IM/Psych with their Psych programs? Haven’t seen any mention of MedPsych on SDN or Reddit this year.

Somebody on the Reddit spreadsheet recently shared their rank list under the Hunger Games thread; their list includes some IM/psych programs (it’s the row titled “Kindachu”) :)

Anyone interested in a comparison of the main Chicago programs (UChicago, UIC, NW, Rush and Loyola)? I interviewed at all of them and learned a lot about them since I only planned on Chicago. Let's see if I can find some time in my busy schedule as an MS4 to write this...

What are the chances match results are released before 1 pm eastern on march 15th?

There are some programs that send out welcome emails between 12 and 1PM prior to the official 1PM release!

What are the chances match results are released before 1 pm eastern on march 15th?
Last year, the email came at 12:56 pm EST. There's hope.

The NRMP website might've updated even before that, who knows. I had already opened my match results envelope during our school ceremony at noon that day.

I'm going to post one last time about this one last time (and bump the other thread).

Please, please, please, do what @OldPsychDoc, @Evidence Based and I have all posted earlier, asking you to submit program reviews to the 2018-2019 Psychiatry Interview Reviews / Insight thread, started by @Seroquelae.

I get that there is a large Reddit spreadsheet with interview information/etc., but: it is hard to navigate, confusing, lacking in some of the customary detail that the SDN interview threads have and, most importantly, is hard to access from SDN (for forum members who may not frequent Reddit as often). There's a lot of good information on there, but I feel that the SDN interview review threads are better organized, engendering better feedback, and generating reviews that are very important for us younger medical students who are currently earlier in the training pipeline. Just about everyone who has posted on this thread has probably had an interview somewhere, so, please, pay it forward - at least so that the thread ends with more than 5 reviews. We would appreciate any insight you have! If you're still afraid of blowback from programs, there are a number of forum members who have offered to post anonymously for others.

Thank you.

Reactions: 5 users