Official 2019 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please, limit your posts and questions to only CK exam experience related. It's hard for others to go through so many unrelated posts to finally a post about CK exam.

Thank you very much to all those who share their experience with everyone.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I took my step 2 ck on the 13th of August. Permit disappeared yesterday and now I am able to register for step 3.
At least I know that I passed.

US MD
UWSA1 268
UWSA2 272
NBMEs ~255
Step2 CK 265

Pleased with the score. ~10 higher than step 1. UWSAs have always over-predicted and NBMEs under-predicted for me. Going in I was confident I will get 260. Not as confident after the test but did not feel terrible. I was not sure of many questions but knew it would be the same for everyone. We only remember and reanalyze the questions we think we got wrong. But what determines the scores in my opinion is how you did on the questions you thought you got right! In my practice tests, I always had more wrongs in questions I thought I had right. The test is quite different than UW but everyone is on the same boat. Do your best and as long as you have the endurance and not panic on the test, you will be fine. If you have consistently scored high on the shelf exams, it is very unlikely you will do bad on the test.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can register for step 3 this morning. Now just hoping for a score I can be happy with.

I guess, this means I failed. I still cant register :( USIMG step 1 and CS both passed. I didnt feel great walking out but it didnt feel any worse than step 1. I cant believe I was below 5th percentile of everybody who tested. This sucks so bad, I cant even contact my school and ask for advice as its not official yet.

US MD
UWSA1 268
UWSA2 272
NBMEs ~255
Step2 CK 265

Pleased with the score. ~10 higher than step 1. UWSAs have always over-predicted and NBMEs under-predicted for me. Going in I was confident I will get 260. Not as confident after the test but did not feel terrible. I was not sure of many questions but knew it would be the same for everyone. We only remember and reanalyze the questions we think we got wrong. But what determines the scores in my opinion is how you did on the questions you thought you got right! In my practice tests, I always had more wrongs in questions I thought I had right. The test is quite different than UW but everyone is on the same boat. Do your best and as long as you have the endurance and not panic on the test, you will be fine. If you have consistently scored high on the shelf exams, it is very unlikely you will do bad on the test.

Good luck everyone!

You and I are very similar with actual score, NBME scores, and UWorld scores. Why do you think UWorld overpredicts for people like us?

265 on uw1, 271 on uw2, and 250s on nbme 8. got 261 back in May. I am still trying to pinpoint exact diff in Uworld and NBME style when trying to tutor/counsel people

Last edited:
Has anybody who took the test after Aug 14th been able to register for step 3? My permit disappeared yesterday but my eligibility period was only through Aug 31st. The last rationalization in my mind that might be an explanation other than a fail, is that those that tested after the 14th are getting their scores the 11th, and the permit disappearing was a coincidence based on my eligibility period ending.

Has anybody who took the test after Aug 14th been able to register for step 3? My permit disappeared yesterday but my eligibility period was only through Aug 31st. The last rationalization in my mind that might be an explanation other than a fail, is that those that tested after the 14th are getting their scores the 11th, and the permit disappearing was a coincidence based on my eligibility period ending.
I Took mine Aug 17. My permit expired Aug 31 and the permit link has also disappeared...not able to register for Step 3 yet :nailbiting::help:

I guess, this means I failed. I still cant register :( USIMG step 1 and CS both passed. I didnt feel great walking out but it didnt feel any worse than step 1. I cant believe I was below 5th percentile of everybody who tested. This sucks so bad, I cant even contact my school and ask for advice as its not official yet.

Don't panic yet.. What date did you take the exam? What were you practice test scores? (UWSA 1 and 2)

I Took mine Aug 17. My permit expired Aug 31 and the permit link has also disappeared...not able to register for Step 3 yet :nailbiting::help:

Whew that makes me feel a bit better. Given the pass rates are like 97% for this exam, its more likely that we are either getting our scores the following week or the system just hasnt gotten to us yet(I also took it the 17th).

You passed Step 1 and CS, right?

Whew that makes me feel a bit better. Given the pass rates are like 97% for this exam, its more likely that we are either getting our scores the following week or the system just hasnt gotten to us yet(I also took it the 17th).

You passed Step 1 and CS, right?
I'm hoping that's the case as well. Yup, passed Step 1 and CS.

I'm hoping that's the case as well. Yup, passed Step 1 and CS.

Yeah, unfortunately after looking through last year's thread around this time, the 3 Wednesday rule didnt always hold true for people who tested Friday/Saturday. So the most likely explanation imo is that we have to wait another week which really sucks. But I guess it is better than failing.

By “permit disappeared” did you mean that the link went away entirely?

USIMG. Took my exam 08/14, permit disappeared on Sunday, able to register for Step 3 (tried this morning)

You and I are very similar with actual score, NBME scores, and UWorld scores. Why do you think UWorld overpredicts for people like us?

265 on uw1, 271 on uw2, and 250s on nbme 8. got 261 back in May. I am still trying to pinpoint exact diff in Uworld and NBME style when trying to tutor/counsel people
Must have something to do with their calculations for the higher end scores. It seems more predictive for slightly lower scores.

USMD
UWSA 1 - 246
UWSA 2 - 259
NBME - 250-262
Step 2 CK - 250
Step 1 - 255
Step 2 CS - Pass

Like a lot of people I felt awful after taking it but didn't feel like I could have prepared a )lot more (gave myself ~ 2.5 weeks of dedicated immediately after M3). Was basically aiming for 260 or not to drop from Step 1 so obviously not thrilled since I dropped. Hoping that it won't have too much of an impact on my competitiveness.

Follow up on this. FCVS for my step 2 ck is still blank next to "pas/fail status". As it is past 1 am on the morning of potential release, that means that the reason I couldnt register for step 3 is because I'm getting my score next week and not today, right?

Follow up on this. FCVS for my step 2 ck is still blank next to "pas/fail status". As it is past 1 am on the morning of potential release, that means that the reason I couldnt register for step 3 is because I'm getting my score next week and not today, right?
I think so.
Because I see "pass" in FCVS.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth, took my test 8/16, eligibility period through October, and permit has disappeared. That test was hard as hell. Good luck today, everyone.

Same here! It's going to be another long week of waiting.

non-US IMG

Step 1 - 246
Step 2ck -250
UWSA1 (2 months out) - 249
UWSA2 (2 days out) - 250
Free 120 (8 months out) - 81%

Resources:
OME video
MTB3 for peds, surgery and ob/gyn
Uworld 1 pass (76% correct).

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Same here! It's going to be another long week of waiting.

Yea, to be honest if I didnt try the step 3 registration trick I would be so annoyed right now, instead I'm just relieved haha. I'm not sure if I'm even going to try it again on Monday, I might just wait until the official report.

UWSA 1: 243
UWSA 2: 243
real deal today: 243

Needed this really badly after a 201 on step 1!

Reactions: 5 users
Awesome job!! what did u change in studying habits from step 1 to 2? also what sources did u use for this exam? thanks

Honestly i just did many many many more questions. The biggest thing I did was make flashcards during rotations to study, really helped everything stick and i reviewed them during dedicated. I used UWORLD, Kaplan, step up to medicine, and first aid. Heavy emphasis on UWORLD and did most reading from first aid

Step 1: 250s

3.5 week dedicated, only did Uworld

UWSA1 270 (1.5 weeks before)
UWSA2 273 (4 days before)
Real deal: 270

Reactions: 2 users
Step 1: 215

UWSA1: 236
UWSA2: 248
Free 120: 82%

Step 2: 234
Ran out of time on every block...and I take exams quickly, always have...

Sigh. I'm ready to graduate.

Reactions: 2 users