Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
DO student.

Step 1: 235
Step 2: 241
UWSA1: 234
UWSA2:231
NBME7:224

Not really thrilled with my step 2CK score, given it is below average, but It could have gone a lot worse. I thought I had failed the exam miserably. I hope I could match into a good IM program.
But I don’t get this you got a 241 and you say you are not thrilled but why? U got better than all you assessment scores and you are apply for IM which is more than enough for IM. Plsss be very grateful because there are a lot of people who will fly over the moon for your step 2 score.

Reactions: RaginMD

ZKenpachi

2+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2016
Status
Medical Student
UWSA 2: 261
UWSA 1: 261
NBME 8: 260
Step 2 CK: 255

Was really hoping to break 260 but I can't complain. Step 1 was 249 FWIW.

Sakura17

Medical student
7+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Step 1: 227
Uworld: 2nd pass 72%
Step 2: 243

I’m a very average applicant and felt like crap after my step 2ck and cs exam (which I passed, yay!). I was so worried about my ck exam that I pushed it back which meant I took it during my ai elective, which wasn’t the brightest idea because I was extremely sleep deprived on most days. I wasn’t able to review briefly the day before because felt brain dead. I slept a lot the night before but can’t say it was quality sleep since I still needed coffee midday on the day of the exam. Overall, I’m happy with my step 2 score since it overlapped with my ICU hours, but we’ll have to wait and see if its good enough to match in March (applying to DR).

Either way, I just want to encourage people that are studying for step 2ck or worrying about the results, that I feel you. You can do it! If me, an average Sue, could have my step 2 score jump up around 15pt from my step 1 score, you can do so too! :)

Doctor_Wonderboy

2+ Year Member
May 31, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Step 1: 218
Step 2: 237

Soooo yay? Was hoping 240s but can’t complain right? Hopefully the nearly 20 point improvement is adequate for IM!

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: JHUDJA

21Rush12

Searching a cave behind a waterfall
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Is it mostly true that Step2 CK scores tend to be the average of two UWSAs?
Honestly the practice scores have never been helpful or accurate for me. They’re a ballpark at best. I overshot mine by 12 points, a friend scored below by almost 15.

Maybe I’m some weird outlier, but I don’t think these things are worth much more than a range. Those are almost 1 SD off.

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
Has anyone’s permit disappeared this weekend?
Mine has not, which is really disappointing as I was really hoping to get my score this Wednesday(took it the 17th, which according to most posts I have seen online would line up with a release this Wednesday under normal release schedules). I just want to know that I passed!

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
How does the score release work? Is it 3-4 Wednesdays after the exam? I took mine the 20th and I think this upcoming Wednesday would be the 3rd Wed but wasn’t sure

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Also is there some trick floating around for figuring out whether you passed or not? Or is that only for CS?

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
How does the score release work? Is it 3-4 Wednesdays after the exam? I took mine the 20th and I think this upcoming Wednesday would be the 3rd Wed but wasn’t sure
Usually its the third Wednesday if you take it at the end of the week(thursday, friday, Saturday) and fourth Wednesday if you take it at the beginning(Sun, Monday, Tuesday). But I think it might be the fourth Wednesday for those of us that took it the 17th, 16th, 15th as it doesnt seem like anyone's permit has disappeared.

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Usually its the third Wednesday if you take it at the end of the week(thursday, friday, Saturday) and fourth Wednesday if you take it at the beginning(Sun, Monday, Tuesday). But I think it might be the fourth Wednesday for those of us that took it the 17th, 16th, 15th as it doesnt seem like anyone's permit has disappeared.
Sounds good, thanks!

21Rush12

Searching a cave behind a waterfall
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Also is there some trick floating around for figuring out whether you passed or not? Or is that only for CS?
There is, a page or two back. Basically go to the FSMB website and try to register for step 3. If it lets you, you passed. This only works like the Monday of the score release week though. Also it must be your last exam of the steps (you have to have done CS already and passed).

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
There is, a page or two back. Basically go to the FSMB website and try to register for step 3. If it lets you, you passed. This only works like the Monday of the score release week though. Also it must be your last exam of the steps (you have to have done CS already and passed).
Ok thanks. I'm taking CS this week so I guess I'll have to wait to use it for CS then.

Aug 23, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Ok thanks. I'm taking CS this week so I guess I'll have to wait to use it for CS then.
Another quality strategy ( even if you are still waiting on CS) is to go to the FSMB website then scroll down to FCVS and start an application. You should find a section titled education & certification with a subsection of exam history. You should find it there if it's available.

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
Permit disappeared but I am not eligible to register for step 3. I hope this doesnt mean I failed lol

minor.groove

5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Permit disappeared but I am not eligible to register for step 3. I hope this doesnt mean I failed lol
looking back through this forum it seems like this normally changes early Monday morning, although with tomorrow being labor day I don't know if that will continue to hold true.

Jun 6, 2019
Status
Medical Student
I took my step 2 ck on the 13th of August. Permit disappeared yesterday and now I am able to register for step 3.
At least I know that I passed.

nvrsaynvr

2+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2015
Status
Post Doc
US MD
UWSA1 268
UWSA2 272
NBMEs ~255
Step2 CK 265

Pleased with the score. ~10 higher than step 1. UWSAs have always over-predicted and NBMEs under-predicted for me. Going in I was confident I will get 260. Not as confident after the test but did not feel terrible. I was not sure of many questions but knew it would be the same for everyone. We only remember and reanalyze the questions we think we got wrong. But what determines the scores in my opinion is how you did on the questions you thought you got right! In my practice tests, I always had more wrongs in questions I thought I had right. The test is quite different than UW but everyone is on the same boat. Do your best and as long as you have the endurance and not panic on the test, you will be fine. If you have consistently scored high on the shelf exams, it is very unlikely you will do bad on the test.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Oedipa Maas

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
I took my step 2 ck on the 13th of August. Permit disappeared yesterday and now I am able to register for step 3.
At least I know that I passed.
Im still not eligible for Step 3 and panicking. Is anybody else still not eligible yet?

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
Can register for step 3 this morning. Now just hoping for a score I can be happy with.
I guess, this means I failed. I still cant register :( USIMG step 1 and CS both passed. I didnt feel great walking out but it didnt feel any worse than step 1. I cant believe I was below 5th percentile of everybody who tested. This sucks so bad, I cant even contact my school and ask for advice as its not official yet.

TheIllusionist

5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2013
East Coast Best Coast
Status
Medical Student
US MD
UWSA1 268
UWSA2 272
NBMEs ~255
Step2 CK 265

Pleased with the score. ~10 higher than step 1. UWSAs have always over-predicted and NBMEs under-predicted for me. Going in I was confident I will get 260. Not as confident after the test but did not feel terrible. I was not sure of many questions but knew it would be the same for everyone. We only remember and reanalyze the questions we think we got wrong. But what determines the scores in my opinion is how you did on the questions you thought you got right! In my practice tests, I always had more wrongs in questions I thought I had right. The test is quite different than UW but everyone is on the same boat. Do your best and as long as you have the endurance and not panic on the test, you will be fine. If you have consistently scored high on the shelf exams, it is very unlikely you will do bad on the test.

Good luck everyone!
You and I are very similar with actual score, NBME scores, and UWorld scores. Why do you think UWorld overpredicts for people like us?

265 on uw1, 271 on uw2, and 250s on nbme 8. got 261 back in May. I am still trying to pinpoint exact diff in Uworld and NBME style when trying to tutor/counsel people

Last edited:
Reactions: riley2021

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
Has anybody who took the test after Aug 14th been able to register for step 3? My permit disappeared yesterday but my eligibility period was only through Aug 31st. The last rationalization in my mind that might be an explanation other than a fail, is that those that tested after the 14th are getting their scores the 11th, and the permit disappearing was a coincidence based on my eligibility period ending.

Aug 27, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Has anybody who took the test after Aug 14th been able to register for step 3? My permit disappeared yesterday but my eligibility period was only through Aug 31st. The last rationalization in my mind that might be an explanation other than a fail, is that those that tested after the 14th are getting their scores the 11th, and the permit disappearing was a coincidence based on my eligibility period ending.
I Took mine Aug 17. My permit expired Aug 31 and the permit link has also disappeared...not able to register for Step 3 yet :nailbiting::help:

Aug 28, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
I guess, this means I failed. I still cant register :( USIMG step 1 and CS both passed. I didnt feel great walking out but it didnt feel any worse than step 1. I cant believe I was below 5th percentile of everybody who tested. This sucks so bad, I cant even contact my school and ask for advice as its not official yet.
Don't panic yet.. What date did you take the exam? What were you practice test scores? (UWSA 1 and 2)

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
I Took mine Aug 17. My permit expired Aug 31 and the permit link has also disappeared...not able to register for Step 3 yet :nailbiting::help:
Whew that makes me feel a bit better. Given the pass rates are like 97% for this exam, its more likely that we are either getting our scores the following week or the system just hasnt gotten to us yet(I also took it the 17th).

You passed Step 1 and CS, right?

Aug 27, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Whew that makes me feel a bit better. Given the pass rates are like 97% for this exam, its more likely that we are either getting our scores the following week or the system just hasnt gotten to us yet(I also took it the 17th).

You passed Step 1 and CS, right?
I'm hoping that's the case as well. Yup, passed Step 1 and CS.

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
I'm hoping that's the case as well. Yup, passed Step 1 and CS.
Yeah, unfortunately after looking through last year's thread around this time, the 3 Wednesday rule didnt always hold true for people who tested Friday/Saturday. So the most likely explanation imo is that we have to wait another week which really sucks. But I guess it is better than failing.

Jun 23, 2018
By “permit disappeared” did you mean that the link went away entirely?

takeonme

5+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2012
Status
Medical Student
USIMG. Took my exam 08/14, permit disappeared on Sunday, able to register for Step 3 (tried this morning)

nvrsaynvr

2+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2015
Status
Post Doc
You and I are very similar with actual score, NBME scores, and UWorld scores. Why do you think UWorld overpredicts for people like us?

265 on uw1, 271 on uw2, and 250s on nbme 8. got 261 back in May. I am still trying to pinpoint exact diff in Uworld and NBME style when trying to tutor/counsel people
Must have something to do with their calculations for the higher end scores. It seems more predictive for slightly lower scores.

mk2015

5+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2012
Status
Medical Student
USMD
UWSA 1 - 246
UWSA 2 - 259
NBME - 250-262
Step 2 CK - 250
Step 1 - 255
Step 2 CS - Pass

Like a lot of people I felt awful after taking it but didn't feel like I could have prepared a )lot more (gave myself ~ 2.5 weeks of dedicated immediately after M3). Was basically aiming for 260 or not to drop from Step 1 so obviously not thrilled since I dropped. Hoping that it won't have too much of an impact on my competitiveness.

Reactions: Mark Koch

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
Follow up on this. FCVS for my step 2 ck is still blank next to "pas/fail status". As it is past 1 am on the morning of potential release, that means that the reason I couldnt register for step 3 is because I'm getting my score next week and not today, right?

Jun 6, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Follow up on this. FCVS for my step 2 ck is still blank next to "pas/fail status". As it is past 1 am on the morning of potential release, that means that the reason I couldnt register for step 3 is because I'm getting my score next week and not today, right?
I think so.
Because I see "pass" in FCVS.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019
Status
Medical Student
For what it’s worth, took my test 8/16, eligibility period through October, and permit has disappeared. That test was hard as hell. Good luck today, everyone.

Aug 27, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Same here! It's going to be another long week of waiting.

Jun 6, 2019
Status
Medical Student
non-US IMG

Step 1 - 246
Step 2ck -250
UWSA1 (2 months out) - 249
UWSA2 (2 days out) - 250
Free 120 (8 months out) - 81%

Resources:
OME video
MTB3 for peds, surgery and ob/gyn
Uworld 1 pass (76% correct).

Good luck everyone!

CleganeBowlis4Real

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2015
Status
Same here! It's going to be another long week of waiting.
Yea, to be honest if I didnt try the step 3 registration trick I would be so annoyed right now, instead I'm just relieved haha. I'm not sure if I'm even going to try it again on Monday, I might just wait until the official report.