- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Gastroenterology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official 2020-2021 GI Fellowship Application Cycle
Started by UMD2012
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me too! I am very excited about their program. I hope there are still dates available!UNC interview invite was in my spam folder! Thanks to whoever posted that tip! Be sure to check your junk mail. How embarrassing.
Me too! I am very excited about their program. I hope there are still dates available!
Same here. Check your junk folders, friends!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
University of Washington and WashU on the same day per the google doc. Confusion as always haha.
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, University of Indiana
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG not requiring visa)
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, University of Indiana
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG not requiring visa)
Last edited:
Hey everyone,
Big Disclaimer, I have not heard from any of these programs nor do I know of anyone else who has but just curious to see what people know about the programs in Southern California. Those being: Kaiser LA, USC, Cedars-sinai, Scripps, UCSD, Loma Linda, Irvine and Riverside?
Big Disclaimer, I have not heard from any of these programs nor do I know of anyone else who has but just curious to see what people know about the programs in Southern California. Those being: Kaiser LA, USC, Cedars-sinai, Scripps, UCSD, Loma Linda, Irvine and Riverside?
gastroapplicant2020
Full Member
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG and AMG)
Last edited:
Thank you so much for this information! I definitely applied to 5-10 more programs at the last minute because I was worried that others would also do so and I wouldn’t get interviews. Can you tell us if your program is increasing the number of interviews offered? I would guess no?Our prog is only halfway done reviewing apps, we have seen a 20% increase in total apps from last year, with zoom why not apply everywhere if youre not paying airfare lodging travel etc I suppose
Last edited:
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, University of Chicago
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG and AMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG and AMG)
Any idea if any Texas programs have sent out any invites?
gastroapplicant2020
Full Member
Id like to ask the same for new york programsAny idea if any Texas programs have sent out any invites?
Id like to ask the same for new york programs
I haven't heard from the TX or NY programs I applied to. N=1
I haven't heard from the TX or NY programs I applied to. N=1
Didn’t apply in NY, but I also haven’t heard anything from the many TX programs I applied to.
Applied both to Texas and NY programs and have heard from neither thus far
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About how many interviews should I have at this point? No rejections, but getting pretty nervous. It seems like all the same people have the interview spots. I wonder if there will be a lot of unmatched spots this year as a result.
I have similar a similar question but I'm not sure there's an answer yet. Like others have said, people are still trying to read through the extra applications this year and only a few programs have responded out of the 200 total.
--------
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago
8/28: Ohio State, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG and AMG)
--------
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago
8/28: Ohio State, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG and AMG)
Last edited:
There are tentative "surge" days scheduled that will be utilized if needed as the season goes on, will be a late decisionThank you so much for this information! I definitely applied to 5-10 more programs at the last minute because I was worried that others would also do so and I wouldn’t get interviews. Can you tell us if your program is increasing the number of interviews offered? I would guess no?
DrHouseDO
New Member
Nothing over here yet 🙁Any success for the osteopathic applicants out there?
gastroapplicant2020
Full Member
OHSU is Oregon health sciences University not Ohio state, just FYII have similar a similar question but I'm not sure there's an answer yet. Like others have said, people are still trying to read through the extra applications this year and only a few programs have responded out of the 200 total.
--------
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago
8/28: Ohio State, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG and AMG)
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
8/27: SUNY Upstate
8/28: CCF Florida
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago
8/28: Ohio State, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
8/27: SUNY Upstate
8/28: CCF Florida
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago
8/28: Ohio State, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
8/27: Mayo Rochester (IMG and AMG)
million dollar question; looks like in years past, most programs do 1 batch.,,
in case it give people some peace of mind, I received all of my invites in the last couple of days, several of them on different days than what is listed on the invite thread. I think there are more “trickle” invites this year.
2/27: U of Michigan, Yale, Mayo, uchicago
2/28: Brigham
OHSU is Oregon health sciences University not Ohio state, just FYI
Thank you!
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago, Yale, U Michigan
8/28: Oregon State Health University, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama, Kaiser LA, California Pacific Health Center, U Arizona-Phoenix, Carolinas Medical Center, Brigham,
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
gastroapplicant2020
Full Member
Wondering how many interviews the average AMG has / should have by now?
Wondering how many interviews the average AMG has / should have by now?
I know people with either upwards of 8 interviews and some people with 0-1 who are more average. Feels like about 1/3 of places have sent out? My hunch is programs aren’t adjusting to the fact that some great applicants over applied and are going to be holding onto those interview spots.
I know people with either upwards of 8 interviews and some people with 0-1 who are more average. Feels like about 1/3 of places have sent out? My hunch is programs aren’t adjusting to the fact that some great applicants over applied and are going to be holding onto those interview spots.
Agreed. I’ve either heard from or seen interview invites go out from almost exactly 1/3 of the programs I’ve applied to. I am trying to gauge how I’m doing by looking at the number of interview offers I’ve received compared to the number that I appear to have not gotten. I don’t know anyone else’s numbers, but I think things are going okay for me to reach my goal # of interviews. But I really have no clue.
Agreed. I’ve either heard from or seen interview invites go out from almost exactly 1/3 of the programs I’ve applied to. I am trying to gauge how I’m doing by looking at the number of interview offers I’ve received compared to the number that I appear to have not gotten. I don’t know anyone else’s numbers, but I think things are going okay for me to reach my goal # of interviews. But I really have no clue.
whats your goal # of interviews ?
whats your goal # of interviews ?
I think 15ish so I can rank 15. Basing the number on that pdf from the nrmp match data someone posted earlier.
edit to add link again:
Charting Outcomes of the Match: https://mk0nrmp3oyqui6wqfm.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-Charting-Outcomes-SMS.pdf
It’s a couple years old and I think things have just gotten more competitive so leaning towards the higher side. Feel free to let me know if anyone thinks that seems wrong.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think 15ish so I can rank 15. Basing the number on that pdf from the nrmp match data someone posted earlier.
edit to add link again:
Charting Outcomes of the Match: https://mk0nrmp3oyqui6wqfm.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-Charting-Outcomes-SMS.pdf
It’s a couple years old and I think things have just gotten more competitive so leaning towards the higher side. Feel free to let me know if anyone thinks that seems wrong.
I can see over 20 IV via ZOOM or some other platform.
You would aim for 20 before starting to decline (which I very well may not get)?I can see over 20 IV via ZOOM or some other platform.
gastroapplicant2020
Full Member
Another thing to keep in mind i feel like is that if you look at the list of programs that sent out Invites so far, the vast majority are top tier programs that know they have their choice of pick. I anticipate the interviews will start rolling in more once the "more average" tier programs start sending out invites. I'd say my goal is approximately 15 as well, about halfway there so far.
I have two interviews as an average AMG if that helps anyone
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
8/27: Mayo ROchester, UMaryland, UNebraska
8/28: U of Alabama, Medical College wisconsin, Cleveland Clinic Florida, U of Arizona-Phoenix, Creighton University (Arizona)
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago, Yale, U Michigan
8/28: Oregon State Health University, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama, Kaiser LA, California Pacific Health Center, U Arizona-Phoenix, Carolinas Medical Center, Brigham,
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
8/27: Mayo ROchester, UMaryland, UNebraska
8/28: U of Alabama, Medical College wisconsin, Cleveland Clinic Florida, U of Arizona-Phoenix, Creighton University (Arizona)
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Bringham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago, Yale, U Michigan
8/28: Oregon State Health University, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama, Kaiser LA, California Pacific Health Center, U Arizona-Phoenix, Carolinas Medical Center, Brigham,
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
I think 15ish so I can rank 15. Basing the number on that pdf from the nrmp match data someone posted earlier.
edit to add link again:
Charting Outcomes of the Match: https://mk0nrmp3oyqui6wqfm.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-Charting-Outcomes-SMS.pdf
It’s a couple years old and I think things have just gotten more competitive so leaning towards the higher side. Feel free to let me know if anyone thinks that seems wrong.
If it’s true that people are over applying and the vast majority of interviews are being held by the same pool of top applicants, then one could argue that you would actually need FEWER interviews to match since at the end of the day those top applicants can only match at one program and thus, programs would fall much lower on their rank lists than usual because of it.
If it’s true that people are over applying and the vast majority of interviews are being held by the same pool of top applicants, then one could argue that you would actually need FEWER interviews to match since at the end of the day those top applicants can only match at one program and thus, programs would fall much lower on their rank lists than usual because of it.
Very reasonable point. I have 9 right now if that is helpful for anyone.
I think I'd be happy/confident with 12, based on charting the outcomes. TBD if I'll get there.
Can any IMGs shed light into how many interviews they have at this point?
AMG lucky to have 4 thus far. Hoping to get 10 and calling it to be fair to everyone
AMG, moderately competitive, 12 total interviews including research tracks, still waiting on more than 1/2 to send out invites. I am also aiming for 15 and plan to decline/cancel interviews at that point.
Hero.
gastroapplicant2020
Full Member
Anyone know what're the chances of matching to any one program once they offer an interview? And does the interview even matter or do the programs already have a rank list in mind
Anyone know what're the chances of matching to any one program once they offer an interview? And does the interview even matter or do the programs already have a rank list in mind
Doubt anyone could answer this. I think someone said above that most programs interview like 10-15 people per spot, so I guess theoretically your chances are like 10%, but obviously many other factors affect your chances. Is this your #1 program? Are you a good fit? Does the interview go well?
I would be willing to bet that for most programs the interview has a reasonable effect on the ultimate rank list, but there is probably some sense of a rank beforehand (particularly if they're also interviewing in house candidates).
Doubt anyone could answer this. I think someone said above that most programs interview like 10-15 people per spot, so I guess theoretically your chances are like 10%, but obviously many other factors affect your chances. Is this your #1 program? Are you a good fit? Does the interview go well?
I would be willing to bet that for most programs the interview has a reasonable effect on the ultimate rank list, but there is probably some sense of a rank beforehand (particularly if they're also interviewing in house candidates).
I think it is more like 8-10 per spot from what my home program director told me and from what I saw when booking interviews in places that showed how many total interviews were available. Looking at the charting outcomes it seems like there should be at least 700-800 applicants this year for about 500 spots. I am not a mathematician but someone smarter than me could probably figure out some odds.
anyword on whether programs will send out in waves?I think it is more like 8-10 per spot from what my home program director told me and from what I saw when booking interviews in places that showed how many total interviews were available. Looking at the charting outcomes it seems like there should be at least 700-800 applicants this year for about 500 spots. I am not a mathematician but someone smarter than me could probably figure out some odds.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyword on whether programs will send out in waves?
The GI fellows at my home institution said that a lot of places do send out in waves. That said, not sure if this is typically based on cancellations (something that is less likely this year). Also prior years spreadsheets tend to suggest otherwise, but people may also not post once the program is already listed.
Was the consensus on this forum to start reaching out to programs this week or next week? I'm growing concerned at the lack of interviews thus far.
Was the consensus on this forum to start reaching out to programs this week or next week? I'm growing concerned at the lack of interviews thus far.
My mentors and PD told me to wait 2 more weeks because a lot of programs take 1 month to look over applications, some didn't even start until a few days ago.
We have very similar applications. I have 3 interviews currently. I applied to "only" 35 programs and it looks like about one third of them have sent out invites. I will consider having my mentors send out emails/calls no sooner than next week and when the target program has invited others, whichever is last. I wish I had more interviews by now, but overall I'm not too worried as my program always matches well and my application is on par with prior class's. We'll be okay!AMG
Step 1: 25x
Step 2: 25x, CS pass on first attempt
Step 3: 24x
IM at state university program with large GI program (good advanced endoscopy, high volume transplant center, etc.)
Letters from 1 PD, 3 GI
1 published manuscript, >10 posters (general medicine and GI), several other projects that are in manuscript phase
4 interviews so far which makes me nervous, but from what I know this is still more than some other applicants from my own program or similar programs (most are fantastic applicants). This will be an odd year. I predict a lot of top programs will have unmatched spots because they didn't adjust for so many applicants over-applying.
Last edited:
Few updates for everyone:
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
8/27: Mayo ROchester, UMaryland, UNebraska
8/28: U of Alabama, Medical College wisconsin, Cleveland Clinic Florida, U of Arizona-Phoenix, Creighton University (Arizona)
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Brigham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago, Yale, U Michigan, Dartmouth
8/28: Oregon State Health University, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama, Kaiser LA, California Pacific Health Center, U Arizona-Phoenix, Carolinas Medical Center, Brigham, CCF Florida, WVU
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
IMG requiring Visa:
8/13: VCU
8/19: U of Florida Jacksonville
8/20: St. Luke's Hospital, University of Iowa
8/23: Ohio State
8/25: Baystate, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University
8/27: Mayo ROchester, UMaryland, UNebraska
8/28: U of Alabama, Medical College wisconsin, Cleveland Clinic Florida, U of Arizona-Phoenix, Creighton University (Arizona)
IMG without visa:
AMG:
8/14: Mayo Jacksonville
8/18: UC Davis, U of Rochester, Vanderbilt
8/19: U of Vermont, Temple, UVA
8/20: VCU
8/21: Rutgers RWJ, Boston U, University of Southern Alabama
8/23: Ohio State
8/24: UCSD, Cincinnati, University of Missouri-Columbia, Louisiana State University, University of Colorado
8/25: Duke, Brigham's, MassGen, Beth Israel Deaconess, WashU, Lankenau, Indiana University
8/26: Washington University, Yale, UNC, UMaryland, University of Washington
8/27: Mayo Rochester, University of Nebraska, U Chicago, Yale, U Michigan, Dartmouth
8/28: Oregon State Health University, Henry Ford, Lankenau, Medical College Wisconsin, University of Alabama, Kaiser LA, California Pacific Health Center, U Arizona-Phoenix, Carolinas Medical Center, Brigham, CCF Florida, WVU
Rejections:
8/19: UC Davis (IMG)
8/20: U of Rochester (IMG and AMG)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 30K
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 45K
- Replies
- 14
- Views
- 5K