**Official 2021 Pedo PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't find Herman Ostrow, nova southeastern, or Uni of toledo on the match website to rank. Anyone have an idea why? I didn't interview there but just curious. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't find Herman Ostrow, nova southeastern, or Uni of toledo on the match website to rank. Anyone have an idea why? I didn't interview there but just curious. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Nova is non match. I don’t know about the rest.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s my goal. I pull my talents from the likes of Anthony Jeselnik. Btw, CharlieAF, I have said your name as “Charlie af” (Charlie as f*ck) and as “Charlie Air Force.” Please say what the af stands for. Yea, I know “Charlie” is reading this.

I always read it as ‘Charlie as F***.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s under USC for Herman Ostrow.
10 more days 😬

What time did the match results come out, historically?
The website says 12 PM EST, but I remember from last year that the results came out earlier in the day!

What time did the match results come out, historically?
The website says 12 PM EST, but I remember from last year that the results came out earlier in the day!
My friends who applied 2020 Phase 1 ortho heard back on match day at 5:00 AM PST.

Reactions: 1 users
Lmao. It is in indeed Charlie as f**k. AF is my favorite adjective modifier.

“Prepping a crown on #15 when #16 is present is hard AF!”

Reactions: 5 users
8 more days🙏

Last edited:
Wgat did u like about bronxcare?

Location and how the call schedule works. The residents also seemed pretty happy and they seemed to have kept it very honest during the social. Other than having no clue how my interview went, it seemed nice and the peds clinic looked really well-done. Did you interview there as well?

Location and how the call schedule works. The residents also seemed pretty happy and they seemed to have kept it very honest during the social. Other than having no clue how my interview went, it seemed nice and the peds clinic looked really well-done. Did you interview there as well?
Something about living in the Bronx didn't really tickle the right spots

That varies by state. Some states require a full dental license, others require only a "limited" or "residency" license, and some require no license at all. The NYU Langone site has a nice summary table that lists the licensure requirements for all states where they have a program.
thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
6 more days!
sloth.jpg

Time feels like this right now haha :cryi:

Reactions: 7 users
Ya but its like at buttcrack in the morning on Jan 19th
It's 8am for us on the east coast. I'm going to be at work and my first 2 patients are actually kids. May or may not be crying while I'm doing their fillings, depending on the match results lol 🙂🙃

I'm actually off on Tuesdays, so I'll likely be having a margarita for breakfast. It may or may not be in celebration, but it's a margarita so you can't go wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I'm actually off on Tuesdays, so I'll likely be having a margarita for breakfast. It may or may not be in celebration, but it's a margarita so you can't go wrong.
I took the day off too so I’ll either be weeping or celebrating.

I’ll take Tuesday off too 🥴

I took Tuesday off too. I don’t drink but I have a blanket, tissues, and some Xanax ready to go.

Btw, is anyone else wondering if match has the slowest computers on the planet? Like do they really need 10 days to run an algorithm? Lol

Reactions: 2 users
I took Tuesday off too. I don’t drink but I have a blanket, tissues, and some Xanax ready to go.

Btw, is anyone else wondering if match has the slowest computers on the planet? Like do they really need 10 days to run an algorithm? Lol

They run it on internet explorer using a dial-up modem. Probably the same server that insurances use to send payments.

They run it on internet explorer using a dial-up modem. Probably the same server that insurances use to send payments.
Hahah true story on the insurance payments.

So funny story. Right after I posted that I checked my email and there was a message from match explaining why it takes so long. Hahahhah

Reactions: 4 users
There was only 1 school with post match spots for ortho this year and no perio programs with post match spots. Prosth had about the same number of post match spots as they normally do. I don’t think the theory of there being more post match spots this year is necessarily true.

Having gone through the ortho cycle this past year, I noticed many of the same comments about our cycle in the ortho thread that I am seeing in here regarding competitiveness with the lack of in person interviews.
Did you apply to Ortho?

I’ve reverted to childhood.

four more sleeps!!!

Ya know, as much as I want to match, I wouldn't be terribly upset if I didn't match. It's an odd thing to apply to peds at this stage of my life (a few years removed from school / GPR). I'd be thrilled to match (I've intentionally worked with kids for the past 2 years for a reason), but if I don't, it's like "That's cool too. I've seen that I can make a difference in other ways. Maybe the program directors did me a favor by not letting me pursue this." Not sure if others feel the same way, and yea, I'd be bummed to not get in, but it's just an odd feeling going into the weekend before match lol. Anybody else in this awkward boat? (I'm also going into this assuming I won't match or post-match so my expectations could not be any lower haha)

Ya but its like at buttcrack in the morning on Jan 19th
Is it in the morning? Here it says it will be available at noon. I would hate to spend my entire morning freaking out cause I haven’t received anything.

Attachments

• C0E7964E-7C61-4CAF-B6EF-46565354ABE3.jpeg
    C0E7964E-7C61-4CAF-B6EF-46565354ABE3.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 136
Is it in the morning? Here it says it will be available at noon. I would hate to spend my entire morning freaking out cause I haven’t received anything.
Historically it’s been at 8am EST

Hey all. In case it’s useful to someone who’s not on their mailing list: I got an email from NYU Langone about their post-match application process.

I’m including here screenshots of the email, as well as the link to the page for the peds post-match instructions.

Here’s hoping I don’t need them, lol.

Attachments

• 496C20D1-7081-4F4C-A6DF-4AC6663B354B.png
    496C20D1-7081-4F4C-A6DF-4AC6663B354B.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 6D029042-82DE-4805-867E-4E25D5A09B82.png
    6D029042-82DE-4805-867E-4E25D5A09B82.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: 7 users
Ya know, as much as I want to match, I wouldn't be terribly upset if I didn't match. It's an odd thing to apply to peds at this stage of my life (a few years removed from school / GPR). I'd be thrilled to match (I've intentionally worked with kids for the past 2 years for a reason), but if I don't, it's like "That's cool too. I've seen that I can make a difference in other ways. Maybe the program directors did me a favor by not letting me pursue this." Not sure if others feel the same way, and yea, I'd be bummed to not get in, but it's just an odd feeling going into the weekend before match lol. Anybody else in this awkward boat? (I'm also going into this assuming I won't match or post-match so my expectations could not be any lower haha)
I feel like you do! In a awkward boat. Trying to remain positive is difficult these days. But if I don’t maybe God is telling me to move on to something else. Three times of applying is a lot of stress.

Hey all. In case it’s useful to someone who’s not on their mailing list: I got an email from NYU Langone about their post-match application process.

I’m including here screenshots of the email, as well as the link to the page for the peds post-match instructions.

Here’s hoping I don’t need them, lol.

When did you get this email?

When did you get this email?
Today at 9:06am EST

Definitely seems like a form letter. The subject was “Good Luck 2021 Dental School Graduates.” I graduated in 2004, lol. Also it wasn’t specific to peds. It talks about the post-match process for AEGD as well.

Today at 9:06am EST

Definitely seems like a form letter. The subject was “Good Luck 2021 Dental School Graduates.” I graduated in 2004, lol. Also it wasn’t specific to peds. It talks about the post-match process for AEGD as well.

2004? That means you likely barely missed the millennial cutoff. We’ll take you as one of ours. Join before the 2021 apocalypse kicks off in a few months (meaning after the aliens arrive but before Yellowstone)

2004? That means you likely barely missed the millennial cutoff. We’ll take you as one of ours. Join before the 2021 apocalypse kicks off in a few months (meaning after the aliens arrive but before Yellowstone)
I think technically I’m a xennial? (1977)They had to make a subcategory for those of us who are too young to be yuppies but to old to be emo.

Also, I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords. (theyrelisteningbecarefulwhatyousayoritllbeanalprobesforeveryone)

Exact same situation as you.. good luck !

Out of curiosity, if the schools ask for LORs for post match is there a way we could forward through PASS or do we have to reach out to the individuals who wrote our LORs to send to schools individually by mail? Thanks!

Out of curiosity, if the schools ask for LORs for post match is there a way we could forward through PASS or do we have to reach out to the individuals who wrote our LORs to send to schools individually by mail? Thanks!
As far as I know you can use your PASS application to apply to the post-match positions.