You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official 2022-2023 GPR PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match Thread**
Started by DDSAspirant007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is there a writing prompt for the personal statement that we have to write? Or is it just why we want to do a GPR?
I was under the impression that you could write about anything? But I could be wrongIs there a writing prompt for the personal statement that we have to write? Or is it just why we want to do a GPR?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too. I have not seen a prompt anywhere.I was under the impression that you could write about anything? But I could be wrong
What is the best date/month to submit application?
DDSAspirant007
Full Member
My seniors said typically by the end of AugustWhat is the best date/month to submit application?
.
Last edited:
Depends on the deadline of the programs you're applying to. Most of the programs I applied to last year had their deadlines in October, so I submitted my apps a week or two before. I got invites probably within 2 weeks from almost all of the programs I applied to. I think some of my classmates that applied earlier also heard back around the same time as me. So I don't believe it makes a difference when you submit your apps as long as its before the deadlineWhat is the best date/month to submit application?
Yea you can, but all of your LORs will be the same. And no, programs wouldn't know unless you apply within the same school/hospital (like if the program has both a GPR and peds and you apply to both, they most likely will know)Can someone apply to two specialities + GPR on Pass?
and will programs be able to see what others have applied to?
will they look at your application early if you submit it now? Is it rolling like dental school admissions was
when do schools start sending out interviews?
Does anyone have a list of good Canadian friendly AEGD programs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you know which programs are match and non-match? Is there a list floating around, or do you have to look at the individual school websites to know which ones they participate?
Hey, I have a question, I have many volunteering experiences in non-health related events and I don't know where to put it in Adea pass application. They are not dental, health related and they weren't part of my school events. Should I still list them as extracurricular activities. For example: Animal shelters and community volunteer events with Red cross. Thanks!
has no one received interviews yet or am I just not getting any? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I applied to four programs and I haven't received any yet.has no one received interviews yet or am I just not getting any? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
EndoDreamBig
Full Member
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you know which programs are match and non-match? Is there a list floating around, or do you have to look at the individual school websites to know which ones they participate?
ADEA PASS® Program Finder
This Search engine shows whether the program is a match or non-match program.
Example:
Program Information ↑
- What date will your program start on? 06/15
Length of Program: 12 months
Program Number: GPR654
Is your program located in an academic institution or clinical institution? Hospital
Does your program offer any graduate degrees or certificates? No- If Yes, please list Graduate degrees or certificates offered:
- Does your program participate in MATCH? Yes
Estimated number of available positions for current application cycle: 4
Does your program accept predoctoral students as externs (typically described as 1-2 weeks of voluntary, full-time, primarily observational experiences without formal educational objectives or affiliation)?: No
- What date will your program start on? 06/15
I've been waiting and checking everyday. Nothing yet
Hi all!!
Quick question: Between UCSF GPR and a VA GPR, which one's better?
Any thoughts inputs and information is much appreciated!
From what I understand, a VA's biggest pro is that patients don't have to pay out of pocket, so you get more experience in "newer" stuff, cause money's not a factor. The downside (for some people, not all) is that you see a small pool of patients - mostly older males, very few kids or younger patients. But at the two VAs I reached out to (Richmond and Gainesville), the residents seemed to love it.
DDSjourney
New Member
What are some things people write about in the additional section that states “Please feel free to use this text area to provide a description of any interests, activities, goals, or other endeavors not previously mentioned that will enable the reader to learn more about your suitability for advanced dental education”?
I wrote why my grades weren't great in the first semster.What are some things people write about in the additional section that states “Please feel free to use this text area to provide a description of any interests, activities, goals, or other endeavors not previously mentioned that will enable the reader to learn more about your suitability for advanced dental education”?
some people leave it blank
some people talks about suspension or smth bad in their records
I'm in the same boat. I added 2 more LORs from mentioning that I'm interested in GPR but I assume the programs will see my other letters as well that endorse me for a specialty.I applied to speciality and my dean included that in their LOR, can I apply to gpr now or I am pretty much screwed? coz they will read that I was endorsed for a speciality
has anybody gotten any interviews anywhere??? why is this thread so quiet.....it's september
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't and was thinking the same thing. When do schools usually send out interview dates?has anybody gotten any interviews anywhere??? why is this thread so quiet.....it's september
How many GPR programs do applicants typically apply to? Assuming middle of the class ranks/GPA and decent extracurriculars (basically an average applicant). I don't want to apply to too few but also the fees are racking up.
chucknorris562
Full Member
I recieved and interview invite at SUNY Upstate om 8/26
Loma Linda VA GPR - interview invite on 09/01I recieved and interview invite at SUNY Upstate om 8/26
I personally applied to 14 programs. I've seen someone who applied to as little as 3 and as many as 30. I think people usually apply to about 10-15, just like dental school admissions.How many GPR programs do applicants typically apply to? Assuming middle of the class ranks/GPA and decent extracurriculars (basically an average applicant). I don't want to apply to too few but also the fees are racking up.
when did you submit your application?I recieved and interview invite at SUNY Upstate om 8/26
chucknorris562
Full Member
August 4thwhen did you submit your application?
what are your stats?August 4th
chucknorris562
Full Member
3.03, 79/103what are your stats?
chucknorris562
Full Member
Just received an invite from St Luke's in PA today, 9/12.
do most programs send out multiple rounds of interviews or just one?
inmyfillings123
New Member
Interview invite at Montefiore - September 7th
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just thought I would try to make everything more concise.. please continue to add onto the list!
GPR/AEGD INTERVIEWS
as of 9/14/2022
GPR/AEGD INTERVIEWS
as of 9/14/2022
- SUNY Upstate - interview invite 8/26, interview date TBD
- University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry - interview invite 9/06, interview date 10/07 (virtual), 10/21 (in person)
- Montefiore - interview invite 9/07, interview date TBD
- St Luke's PA - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
- Hennepin County Medical Center - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center - interview invite 9/14, interview date 9/30, 10/13, 10/14 (all virtual)
do you know if Cincinnati is done sending interviews?Just thought I would try to make everything more concise.. please continue to add onto the list!
GPR/AEGD INTERVIEWS
as of 9/14/2022
- SUNY Upstate - interview invite 8/26, interview date TBD
- University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry - interview invite 9/06, interview date 10/07 (virtual), 10/21 (in person)
- Montefiore - interview invite 9/07, interview date TBD
- St Luke's PA - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
- Hennepin County Medical Center - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center - interview invite 9/14, interview date 9/30, 10/13, 10/14 (all virtual)
Received an interview from St. Barnabas Hospital on 9/1, they offered multiple in-person interview dates throughout the months of September, October, and November. All of my other interview invitations have been previously mentioned in this thread.
DDSAspirant007
Full Member
Hey all, I know a lot of programs have started sending out invites. I got a little late on my application due to some personal issues going on. However, the programs I'm applying for have deadlines in November and December. Would you say it's too late to apply now? or go ahead and take my chances with applying and pray for the best?
blondedontics
New Member
D.C. VA interview invite 9/15. Interview date options are October 17th-20th.Just thought I would try to make everything more concise.. please continue to add onto the list!
GPR/AEGD INTERVIEWS
as of 9/14/2022
- SUNY Upstate - interview invite 8/26, interview date TBD
- University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry - interview invite 9/06, interview date 10/07 (virtual), 10/21 (in person)
- Montefiore - interview invite 9/07, interview date TBD
- St Luke's PA - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
- Hennepin County Medical Center - interview invite 9/12, interview date TBD
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center - interview invite 9/14, interview date 9/30, 10/13, 10/14 (all virtual)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 66
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 363
- Views
- 168K
- Replies
- 237
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 209
- Views
- 54K