OFFICIAL - 2022 Match Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Strange..I think they include those who matched derm and etc.
Maybe. But only 2 Ophtho, 2 ENT, and only 4 DR? Low numbers. (But they did well in Derm and Uro)
Makes one wonder if there were some unmatched people at Univ of Washington who had to take Prelim years.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Maybe. But only 2 Ophtho, 2 ENT, and only 4 DR? Low numbers. (But they did well in Derm and Uro)
Makes one wonder if there were some unmatched people at Univ of Washington who had to take Prelim years.
There are always unmatched people, even in places like Hopkins and UCSF, etc.

Is psych becoming more and more popular? I see several people from top schools going into psych.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't looked at this Match list for MCG (it's a Facebook link) you must.
Photos of the class and admin in a variety of costumes will make your day. It looks like they made it fun!
Yup! Costumes are a tradition for MCG match day

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Is psych becoming more and more popular? I see several people from top schools going into psych.
Yes-- at my school we had at least 10-15% apply psych. I think it's a combination of societal factors (student advocacy + just think about all the students who openly utilize mental health services who no longer feel the need to hide it + attribute their success to great psychiatric care), increased prestige of psychiatry, general ease of entrance relative to other specialties (which could kill you in the process of training) and to that end great lifestyle, good work prospects (you can live anywhere you want really and still find work), feasibility of private practice and advances in the field (there are breakthroughs on the horizon which are more interesting than a hip new... hip technology (see ortho)). Glad to see it.

UW is a weird school, so it's hard to read into their match list too much. First, as a class composite, there is heavy selection for primary care, rural, and underserved focused students. Academic requirements for admission are less stringent as a result (think 3.0 GPAs and 500 MCAT scores), and many students are perfectly happy with primary care or lower competitive specialties. Second, a large portion of the school (probably the majority) grew up in areas with a total population under 250k. Some of them have no interest in going to a larger city for residency.

Out of the students who try to match well, the reputation of the school usually carries them well enough. I've seen statistics that for any given specialty, the average step 1 score for students who fail to match their preferred specialty are about 10-15 points lower than national average (implying that some students with low scores still match, probably because of the school's reputation).

This year, there were 28 prelim matches (you can assume about 15-20 of those were for categorical PGY-2 prelim years). That means anywhere from 3-5 percent matched only prelim years (which isn't great, but isn't terrible given the class composition.)

With all that being said, I know students who failed to match neurosurg, ortho, vascular, ENT etc. with relatively decent CV's over the last couple years. I have no idea what percentage this is in total. There are certainly parts of UW that are parallel to top medical schools. One of the big problems are that many of the residency programs are too competitive for home students, which can make matching difficult for an average student. There also isn't a ton of loyalty to home students.

It's almost like there are two distinct schools at UWSOM. There is the local, rural, primary care, underserved, and state school side that is the main reason many students chose UW. Then there is the academic, specialty-focused cohort of students that chose UW because of its academic resources and reputation. In general, the school is able to provide adequate resources for both types of students.

Reactions: 5 users
UW is a weird school, so it's hard to read into their match list too much. First, as a class composite, there is heavy selection for primary care, rural, and underserved focused students. Academic requirements for admission are less stringent as a result (think 3.0 GPAs and 500 MCAT scores), and many students are perfectly happy with primary care or lower competitive specialties. Second, a large portion of the school (probably the majority) grew up in areas with a total population under 250k. Some of them have no interest in going to a larger city for residency.

Out of the students who try to match well, the reputation of the school usually carries them well enough. I've seen statistics that for any given specialty, the average step 1 score for students who fail to match their preferred specialty are about 10-15 points lower than national average (implying that some students with low scores still match, probably because of the school's reputation).

This year, there were 28 prelim matches (you can assume about 15-20 of those were for categorical PGY-2 prelim years). That means anywhere from 3-5 percent matched only prelim years (which isn't great, but isn't terrible given the class composition.)

With all that being said, I know students who failed to match neurosurg, ortho, vascular, ENT etc. with relatively decent CV's over the last couple years. I have no idea what percentage this is in total. There are certainly parts of UW that are parallel to top medical schools. One of the big problems are that many of the residency programs are too competitive for home students, which can make matching difficult for an average student. There also isn't a ton of loyalty to home students.

It's almost like there are two distinct schools at UWSOM. There is the local, rural, primary care, underserved, and state school side that is the main reason many students chose UW. Then there is the academic, specialty-focused cohort of students that chose UW because of its academic resources and reputation. In general, the school is able to provide adequate resources for both types of students.
Very interesting, thanks. So their residency programs in the competitive fields have a national reputation and typically won’t take their own medical students. I think that’s important information for some people.

Yep. In NYC, until NYU became tuition free, it was always Columbia and Cornell>NYU. I freely admit I would have gone to Columbia or Cornell over NYU if I had gotten off their waitlists.
Compare NYU’s match list to Cornell, I think you’ll find more highly ranked programs getting matched by NYU.

This NYU 2022 match list demonstrates increased strength for NYUs matches and is the last match by NYU students who matriculated without knowledge of free tuition. This class was arriving on campus when it was announced (Aug 2018). Since then, admission to NYU Grossman got even more challenging with even greater success matriculating students that previously would likely have attended a different T5.

I’m a matriculating student into Cornell, am I allowed to post their match list?

Edit: Not that I actually have it or anything, just theoretically 👀

This NYU 2022 match list demonstrates increased strength for NYUs matches and is the last match by NYU students who matriculated without knowledge of free tuition. This class was arriving on campus when it was announced (Aug 2018). Since then, admission to NYU Grossman got even more challenging with even greater success matriculating students that previously would likely have attended a different T5.
tbh, student strength is so overrated. It’s mostly schools resources that will help you get into competitive fields. Med school admission is so competitive to begin with. The only thing free tuition did is increase the MCAT average by a few points, and in the grand scheme of things, 519 and 522 average really doesn’t mean the student quality is higher… one mistake people make is that they keep assuming t5 students are better than others. I will say definitely no. People who end up at a t5 vs say a t20 or even t50 are almost entirely due to luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m a matriculating student into Cornell, am I allowed to post their match list?

They will post it eventually anyway

• Love
tbh, student strength is so overrated. It’s mostly schools resources that will help you get into competitive fields. Med school admission is so competitive to begin with. The only thing free tuition did is increase the MCAT average by a few points, and in the grand scheme of things, 519 and 522 average really doesn’t mean the student quality is higher… one mistake people make is that they keep assuming t5 students are better than others. I will say definitely no. People who end up at a t5 vs say a t20 or even t50 are almost entirely due to luck.
MCAT scores tend to be predictive of Step 1 and Step 2 scores. I bet we will see a rise in NYUs in the upcoming 2-3 years. Step scores are also predictive of match strength for individuals. Of course lower programs can have highly successful matches occur, but as a whole student strength (gpa/mcat) turns out to be predictive for match strength.

MCAT scores tend to be predictive of Step 1 and Step 2 scores. I bet we will see a rise in NYUs in the upcoming 2-3 years. Step scores are also predictive of match strength for individuals. Of course lower programs can have highly successful matches occur, but as a whole student strength (gpa/mcat) turns out to be predictive for match strength.
MCAT scores have very poor predictive value of steps. You can google and find a document. The only noticeable difference is for people who scored 524+. The rest is practically all overlapping. A good application to residency program is so much more than your steps, which are really just a screener. LOR’s and research output are the ones that separate a ranked vs unranked candidate. And those mainly come from school’s resources.

I dunno. To me, NYU match list is not as strong as CWRU, which is not typically mentioned in the T10.

Yes sure. Why not? Is it stamped “confidential”?

“Luck” meaning having a lot of family support, financial resources, high IQ, mentoring and connections, and few mental health challenges like anxiety and depression so they can focus on the work needed to produce a strong application. It’s much easier to navigate the system if your mom is a professor of medicine.

• Love
“Luck” meaning having a lot of family support, financial resources, high IQ, mentoring and connections, and few mental health challenges like anxiety and depression so they can focus on the work needed to produce a strong application. It’s much easier to navigate the system if your mom is a professor of medicine.
Plus being identified as “unique” by t5 schools.

Florida Atlantic University Schmidt College of Medicine: Boca Raton, FL

Anesthesia (8)

HCA Healthcare East Florida Division GME

Lahey Clinic

Memorial Healthcare System

Rush University Medical Center

St. Josephs Medical Center

University of Florida College of Medicine – Shands Hospital

University of Louisville School of Medicine

University of Miami/Jackson Health System

Dermatology (2)

Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Education (Jacksonville)

University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine – Tampa

Emergency Medicine (7)

HCA Healthcare East FL Division GME

University of Chicago Medical Center

MedStar Washington Hospital Center

University of Kentucky Medical Center

WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center

Zucker School of Medicine – Northwell North Shore/LIJ

Family Medicine (2)

Bayfront Medical Center

Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania

Internal Medicine (11)

Emory University School of Medicine

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Beth Israel

Los Robles Health System

Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Education

Memorial Healthcare System

Temple University Hospital

Tufts Medical Center

University of Chicago Medical Center

Internal Medicine/Pediatrics (1)

University of California Los Angeles Medical Center

Interventional Radiology (Integrated) (1)

University of Michigan Hospital – Ann Arbor

Neurological Surgery (2)

Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals

Rutgers – New Jersey Medical School

Neurology (2)

Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham & Women’s Hospital

University of Colorado School of Medicine

Obstetrics and Gynecology (3)

Adventist Health White Memorial

University of Illinois College of Medicine

University of Texas Medical School (Houston)

Ophthalmology ( 1)

SUNY – Downstate Health Sciences University

Orthopedic Surgery (1)

University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine

Pediatrics (5)

Emory University School of Medicine

Loma Linda University

Northwestern McGaw/Lurie Childrens

University of Alabama Medical Center

University of Maryland Medical Center

Psychiatry (4)

Florida Atlantic University Schmidt College of Medicine

New York Presbyterian – Columbia University Medical Center

Radiology (Diagnostic) (5)

Memorial Health – University Medical Center – GA

Stony Brook Teaching Hospital

University of Rochester/Strong Memorial

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center

General Surgery (Categorical) (7)

Los Robles Health System

Stony Brook Teaching Hospital

University of Kentucky Medical Center

University of North Carolina Hospitals

University of Tennessee Health Science Center

Florida Atlantic University Schmidt College of Medicine

General Surgery (Preliminary) (1)

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Transitional Year (1)

Broward Health Medical Center

UT Houston (McGovern)

Anesthesiology 20

Cleveland Clinic
3 - Baylor College of Med. Houston
Duke
Baylor Scott & White
Lahey Clinic - MA
NYU Grossman
2 - Methodist Hosp. Houston
Brigham & Women’s MA
4 - McGovern
U Texas HSC San Antonio
U-Chicago Med Ctr IL
UTSW
U Alabama Birmingham
Emory

Child Neurology 2
Mass General
McGovern

Dermatology 5
Dell
Cleveland Clinic
3 -McGovern

Diagnostic Radiology 6
Zucker SOM- Northwell -NY
UTSW
Harbor- UCLA
2 - McGovern

Emergency Medicine 13
John Peter Smith -Ft. Worth
4 -McGovern
2 - Baylor Scott & White TX
HCA Gainesville FL
U-FL Jacksonville
UPMC PA
2 - UTSW
CHRISTUS Health TX

Family Medicine 12
Methodist Health Dallas
U Chicago North Shore
4 - Memorial Hermann TX
2 - UTSW
Kaiser Permanente San Jose CA
Waco Family Med Institute TX
McGovern/HH/LBJ
John Peter Smith Ft. Worth TX

Internal Medicine 48
7 -Baylor
2 - Baylor IM/MDACC
Vanderbilt IM/ABIM research path
Cleveland Clinic
12 - McGovern
7 - UTSW
Yale
OHSU Oregon
U Alabama Birmingham
UCLA
U Nevada Reno
Emory IM/Research
2 - Methodist Hosp. Houston
Mayo FL
Duke
Case Western IM/Leadership in Med Ed
Barnes Jewish Hospital - MO
U North Carolina Hospitals
U Cincinnati
Santa Clara Valley Med Ctr CA
Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
U Maryland Med Ctr
St. Louis Un. MO

Internal Med - Prelim 1
McGovern

Interventional Radiology 1
U Miami /Jackson

Medicine-Pediatrics 3
U Illinois Chicago
McGovern
U Arkansas- Little Rock

Neurosurgery 1
Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr NC

Neurology 4
McGovern
Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA-IL
Cedars-Sinai CA
Methodist Hospital Houston

Obstetrics & Gynecology 20
6 - McGovern
2 - UTSW
2 - Methodist Hospital Houston
Tulane
Medical Univ. of South Carolina
Memorial Healthcare FL
SUNY Upstate
2 - Baylor
UTMB
U Florida - Shands Pensacola
UCLA OB/GYN Prelim
Creighton OB/GYN/ Phoenix Integrated

Ophthalmology 6
Loma Linda Univ CA
UTSW
U Arkansas
OHSU Oregon
Nassau Univ Med Ctr NY
Albany NY

Oralmaxillofacial Surgery 3
3 - McGovern

Orthopedic Surgery 8
5 - McGovern
Methodist Hospital Houston
SUNY Upstate
John Peter Smith Ft. Worth TX

Otolaryngology 3
U of Iowa Hospitals
U OK- OK City
LSU - Shreveport

Pediatrics 17
4 - UTSW
3 - Dell
Vanderbilt
U OK - OK City
UTMB
Baylor
UT San Antonio
Loyola
UC Davis
2 - McGovern
U Arkansas Little Rock

PM & R 3
Detroit Medical Center
Johns Hopkins
Dell

Plastic Surgery 3
Barnes-Jewish Hosp MO
Indiana Univ
Virginia Commonwealth

Psychiatry 18
2 - UTMB
8 - McGovern
UTSW
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Ctr NH
Zucker SOM-Northwell Mather Hosp NY
John Peter Smith Hosp Ft. Worth
Texas A&M College Station
Cleveland Clinic
ISMMS Mount Sinai Beth Israel NY
Case Western

Radiation Oncology 2
Baylor
U Wisconsin

Surgery - General 12
George Washington DC
U Michigan Ann Arbor
Rush
NY Presbyterian Queens
UTRGV
U Miami Jackson
2 - McGovern
OHSU Oregon
U Tennessee Memphis
Loyola
Texas Health Resources

Surgery - Preliminary 7
Baylor
OBH Brookdale Univ Hosp. NY
Lehigh Valley Hospital PA
Rush
UC Davis
2 -McGovern

Urology 1
McGovern

Transitional Year 3
2 -HCA Houston Healthcare
HCA Las Palmas del Sol TX

Vascular Surgery 2
2 - Methodist Hospital Houston

Deferred 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Penn State - Residency Matches - Penn State College of Medicine

Anesthesiology 8, Child neurology 2, Dermatology 6, EM 15, FM 13, Gen surg 7, IM 24, IR 1, Med-peds 3, Med-prelim 2, Neurosurgery 4, Neurology 4, OB-gyn 11, Ophthalmology 4, Orthopedics 5, Otolaryngology 2, Pathology 3, Pediatrics 14, PM&R 2, Plastics 1, Psych 4, DR 10, Surgery-prelim 8, TY 2, Urology 2, Vascular surgery 1

George Washington (public release)

I will gift y'all the highly anticipated Cornell match list:

Anesthesiology
Brigham (3)
Mount Sinai
NYP Cornell
NYU
U Miami
UCLA (2)

Dermatology
NYP Cornell

Emergency Medicine
NYP Columbia/Cornell (3)
Temple
U Miami

Family Medicine
U Washington

General Surgery
BIDMC
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
NYP Cornell
Yale
Zucker SOM Northwell NS/LIJ

Internal Medicine
Brigham (2)
Duke
HCA Healthcare/TriStar
MGH (3)
Northwestern
NYP Cornell (9)
NYU
Tufts
UCSF
UCLA (2)
U Rochester
Yale

Medicine-Prelim
Allegheny Gen Hosp-PA
Billings Clinic-MT
Mount Sinai Morningside West
Mount Sinai NYC Health+Hospitals/Elmhurst
MGH
NYU
U Nevada Reno
UC Irvine

Medicine-Primary Care
Brigham
Hopkins
NYP Cornell

Neurosurgery
NYP Cornell

Neurology
Brigham

OB/Gyn
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
UC Irvine

Opthamology
Harvard Mass Ear & Eye
LSU New Orleans
NYU
USC Roski Eye Institute

Orthopedic Surgery
CMSRU/Cooper University Hospital-NJ
Emory
Henry Ford Hospital
HSS
Howard Univ
NYP Columbia
Thomas Jefferson
UMiami
UTSW
UCLA
Zucker SOM Northwell Lenox Hill

ENT
NYP Columbia/Cornell (2)

Pathology
Brigham (2)
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell

Pediatric Neurology
CHOP
Hopkins
Stanford

Pediatrics
CHOP
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (2)
UMass Chan Medical School

PM&R
Harvard Spaulding Rehab Hosp
NYP Columbia/Cornell
Stanford

Psychiatry
Howard Univ
Montefiore/Einstein
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (4)
Vanderbilt

Radiation Oncology
MSKCC (2)

Diagnostic Radiology
Boston Univ
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell (2)
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Interventional Radiology
NYP Cornell
Stanford

Surgery-Prelim
NYP Columbia
UPMC
Virginia Mason Med Ctr

Transitional
Campbell University-NC
Lincoln Med Ctr-NY
MSKCC (3)
MetroWest Med Ctr- Framingham,MA
NCH Healthcare Sys-FL
Riverside Community Hospital-CA
Santa Clara Valley Med Ctr-CA

Urology
Hopkins
NYU
NYP Cornell
UPMC

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Anesthesiology
Brigham (3)
Mount Sinai
NYP Cornell
NYU
U Miami
UCLA (2)

Dermatology
NYP Cornell

Emergency Medicine
NYP Columbia/Cornell (3)
Temple
U Miami

Family Medicine
U Washington

General Surgery
BIDMC
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
NYP Cornell
Yale

Internal Medicine
Brigham (2)
Duke
HCA Healthcare/TriStar
MGH (3)
Northwestern
NYP Cornell (9)
NYU
Tufts
UCSF
UCLA (2)
U Rochester
Yale

Medicine-Prelim
Allegheny Gen Hosp-PA
Billings Clinic-MT
MGH
NYU
U Nevada Reno
UC Irvine

Medicine-Primary Care
Brigham
Hopkins
NYP Cornell

Neurosurgery
NYP Cornell

Neurology
Brigham

OB/Gyn
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
UC Irvine

Opthamology
Harvard Mass Ear & Eye
LSU New Orleans
NYU
USC Roski Eye Institute

Orthopedic Surgery
Emory
Henry Ford Hospital
HSS
Howard Univ
NYP Columbia
Thomas Jefferson
UMiami
UTSW
UCLA

ENT
NYP Columbia/Cornell (2)

Pathology
Brigham (2)
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell

Pediatric Neurology
CHOP
Hopkins
Stanford

Pediatrics
CHOP
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (2)

PM&R
NYP Columbia/Cornell
Stanford

Psychiatry
Howard Univ
Montefiore/Einstein
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (4)
Vanderbilt

Radiation Oncology
MSKCC (2)

Diagnostic Radiology
Boston Univ
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell (2)
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Interventional Radiology
NYP Cornell
Stanford

Surgery-Prelim
NYP Columbia
UPMC
Virginia Mason Med Ctr

Transitional
Campbell University-NC
Lincoln Med Ctr-NY
MSKCC (3)
NCH Healthcare Sys-FL

Urology
Hopkins
NYU
NYP Cornell
UPMC
I think this list is stronger than NYU’s.

• Dislike
  • Hmm
Reactions: 8 users
Quinnipiac

Attachments

• Match List 2022 Program List Final.pdf
    151.5 KB · Views: 375
Here is BUSM's!

Anesthesiology (9)
Cedars-Sinai Med Ctr (2)
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr
Tufts Medical Center
UC Irvine Med Ctr
Medical University of SC
U Texas Southwestern Med Sch
ISMMS Mount Sinai Morningside-West
B I Deaconess Med Ctr

Child Neurology
Phoenix Children's Hospital

Dermatology
Hospital of the Univ of PA

Emergency Medicine (15)
Memorial Health System
BUMC (6)
Emory Univ SOM
Rutgers- NJMS
Hennepin Co Med Ctr
Oregon Health & Science Univ
Maimonides Med Ctr
Ohio State University Med Ctr
U Arizona COM
U Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics

Family Medicine (14)
ISMMS Mount Sinai Hospital
Swedish Med Ctr
Family Medicine Res of Idaho
Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA
U Minnesota Med School
UC San Francisco
Advocate Health Care
UCLA Med Ctr (2)
Tower Health/Chestnut Hill Hosp
Kirk Kerkorian SOM at UNLV
U Arizona COM
Carilion Clinic-Virginia Tech Carilion SOM
Grtr Lawrence Fam Hlth Ctr

Internal Medicine (32)
Johns Hopkins/Bayview
U Illinois COM
B I Deaconess Med Ctr (4)
NYU Grossman School of Medicine
Emory Univ SOM
U Illinois COM (2)
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
BUMC (2)
Brigham & Women's Hosp
University of Virginia
UPMC Medical Education
NYP Hosp-Weill Cornell Med Ctr
Kaiser Permanente - SF
CMSRU / Cooper University Hospital
UC San Diego Med Ctr (2)
Rutgers- NGMS
UC Irvine Med Ctr
U Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
Stanford Health Care
UCLA Med Ctr
Northwestern McGaw / NMH / VA
Yale- New Haven Hosp
U Washington Affil Hosps
Cook Country Health and Hosps Sys
Jefferson Health-Northeast

Interventional Radiology (3)
Brigham & Women's Hosp
B I Deaconess Med Ctr

Neurology (10)
U Washington Affl Hosps (2)
U North Carolina Hospitals
Stanford Health Care (2)
Rush University Med Ctr (2)
UC San Francisco
Brown Univ / Rhode Island Hosp
Thomas Jefferson Univ-PA

OB-Gyn (8)
Baylor Coll Med - Houston
University of Hawaii (2)
Adventist Health White Memorial
U Illinois COM
Northwestern McGAW / NMH / VA
BUMC

Ophthalmology (3)
U Washington Affil Hosps
Ohio State University Med Ctr
Oregon Health & Science Univ

Orthopaedic Surgery (3)
ISMMS Mount Sinai Hospital
University of Virginia

Otolaryngology (5)
BUMC
U Coloroado SOM
Thomas Jefferson Univ
ISMMS Munt Sinai Hospital
Yale- New Haven Hosp

Pathology
U Southern California

Pediatrics (14)
Children's Hosptial- Boston (3)
Tower Health / St Christophers Hosp
Jacobi Med Ctr / Einstein
Brown Univ / Rhode Island Hosp (2)
U Texas Med Sch - Houston
Massachusetts Gen Hosp
Carolinas Med Ctr
Maine Med Ctr
Montefiore Med Ctr / Einstein
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr

Plastic Surgery
Barnes-Jewish Hosp

Psychiatry (6)
B I Deaconess Med Ctr
Hartford Hospital
U Washington Affil Hosps
Harvard South Shore
Medical University of SC
U Cincinnati Med Ctr

Radiology (5)
BUMC (2)
UC Irvine Med Ctr
UC Davis Med Ctr
B I Deaconess Med Ctr

General Surgery (17)
B I Deaconess Med Ctr (2)
UC Irvine Med Ctr
BUMC (2)
St, Elizabeth's Med Ctr
Univ of Chicago Med Ctr
Tufts Medical Center
Rush University Med Ctr
UC San Francisco (2)
U Arkansas COM
Huntington Memorial Hosp
Riverside University Health Sys
Baylor Univ Med Ctr
UC Davis Med Ctr
Cleveland Clinic Florida

Urology (4)
Eastern Vriginia Grad School of Med
Yale University School of Medicine
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center

Anesthesiology
Brigham (3)
Mount Sinai
NYP Cornell
NYU
U Miami
UCLA (2)

Dermatology
NYP Cornell

Emergency Medicine
NYP Columbia/Cornell (3)
Temple
U Miami

Family Medicine
U Washington

General Surgery
BIDMC
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
NYP Cornell
Yale

Internal Medicine
Brigham (2)
Duke
HCA Healthcare/TriStar
MGH (3)
Northwestern
NYP Cornell (9)
NYU
Tufts
UCSF
UCLA (2)
U Rochester
Yale

Medicine-Prelim
Allegheny Gen Hosp-PA
Billings Clinic-MT
MGH
NYU
U Nevada Reno
UC Irvine

Medicine-Primary Care
Brigham
Hopkins
NYP Cornell

Neurosurgery
NYP Cornell

Neurology
Brigham

OB/Gyn
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
UC Irvine

Opthamology
Harvard Mass Ear & Eye
LSU New Orleans
NYU
USC Roski Eye Institute

Orthopedic Surgery
Emory
Henry Ford Hospital
HSS
Howard Univ
NYP Columbia
Thomas Jefferson
UMiami
UTSW
UCLA

ENT
NYP Columbia/Cornell (2)

Pathology
Brigham (2)
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell

Pediatric Neurology
CHOP
Hopkins
Stanford

Pediatrics
CHOP
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (2)

PM&R
NYP Columbia/Cornell
Stanford

Psychiatry
Howard Univ
Montefiore/Einstein
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (4)
Vanderbilt

Radiation Oncology
MSKCC (2)

Diagnostic Radiology
Boston Univ
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell (2)
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Interventional Radiology
NYP Cornell
Stanford

Surgery-Prelim
NYP Columbia
UPMC
Virginia Mason Med Ctr

Transitional
Campbell University-NC
Lincoln Med Ctr-NY
MSKCC (3)
NCH Healthcare Sys-FL

Urology
Hopkins
NYU
NYP Cornell
UPMC
wow, unexpectedly high number of transitional and Med prelims. Any insight from Cornellers?

wow, unexpectedly high number of transitional and Med prelims. Any insight from Cornellers?
Can't say for sure, but they may be listing the prelim/TY for those who have also matched into an advanced specialty.

Reactions: 2 users
Can't say for sure, but they may be listing the prelim/TY for those who have also matched into an advanced specialty.
This is correct. Though undoubtedly there are probably a minority who didn't match an advanced (usually a few each year).

I think this list is stronger than NYU’s.

To be clear NYU has some of the finest programs in the country. In orthopedics, my field, it is top 10 for sure. Same with radiology, plastic surgery, dermatology, emergency medicine, ob gyn, urology; where in these fields NYU is tops in Manhattan.

Students at NYU are among the most accomplished in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 9 users
I've noted you enjoy taking swipes at this institution. I also note you offer your uniformed opinions like flatulence, polluting the air.

To be clear NYU has some of the finest programs in the country. In orthopedics, my field, it is top 10 for sure. Same with radiology, plastic surgery, dermatology, emergency medicine, ob gyn, urology; where in these fields NYU is tops in Manhattan.

Students at NYU are among the most accomplished in the country.

But you, a medical student, see fit to compare NYU to McDonalds.

Please, quit talking out of your arse
Cornell is McDonalds? That’s some talking out of Arse. It’s kind of ridiculous to think somehow a medical student’s opinion is just less valid, because it’s a medical student’s opinion!

Last edited:
  • Okay...
That is possible, most schools don’t list it like that.
There are 136 matches listed for a class of 116 that entered the match, so I think that some of the prelims/TYs are definitely for other specialties

Anesthesiology
Brigham (3)
Mount Sinai
NYP Cornell
NYU
U Miami
UCLA (2)

Dermatology
NYP Cornell

Emergency Medicine
NYP Columbia/Cornell (3)
Temple
U Miami

Family Medicine
U Washington

General Surgery
BIDMC
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
NYP Cornell
Yale

Internal Medicine
Brigham (2)
Duke
HCA Healthcare/TriStar
MGH (3)
Northwestern
NYP Cornell (9)
NYU
Tufts
UCSF
UCLA (2)
U Rochester
Yale

Medicine-Prelim
Allegheny Gen Hosp-PA
Billings Clinic-MT
MGH
NYU
U Nevada Reno
UC Irvine

Medicine-Primary Care
Brigham
Hopkins
NYP Cornell

Neurosurgery
NYP Cornell

Neurology
Brigham

OB/Gyn
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
UC Irvine

Opthamology
Harvard Mass Ear & Eye
LSU New Orleans
NYU
USC Roski Eye Institute

Orthopedic Surgery
Emory
Henry Ford Hospital
HSS
Howard Univ
NYP Columbia
Thomas Jefferson
UMiami
UTSW
UCLA

ENT
NYP Columbia/Cornell (2)

Pathology
Brigham (2)
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell

Pediatric Neurology
CHOP
Hopkins
Stanford

Pediatrics
CHOP
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (2)

PM&R
NYP Columbia/Cornell
Stanford

Psychiatry
Howard Univ
Montefiore/Einstein
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (4)
Vanderbilt

Radiation Oncology
MSKCC (2)

Diagnostic Radiology
Boston Univ
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell (2)
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Interventional Radiology
NYP Cornell
Stanford

Surgery-Prelim
NYP Columbia
UPMC
Virginia Mason Med Ctr

Transitional
Campbell University-NC
Lincoln Med Ctr-NY
MSKCC (3)
NCH Healthcare Sys-FL

Urology
Hopkins
NYU
NYP Cornell
UPMC
Cornell actually has a plastics match to NYP-Columbia/Cornell that was omitted in the match list sent out. Personally know the guy.

is it just me or this Case match particularly strong?
In terms of # of people matching into fields like Derm, Ortho, Neurosurg (7!), it was definitely an impressive year.

Reactions: 2 users
Cornell is McDonalds? That’s some talking out of Arse. It’s kind of ridiculous to think somehow a medical student’s opinion is just less valid, because it’s a medical student’s opinion!
Would you mind sharing why you think NYU's list is no better than Cornell's? Also, what do you have against NYU?

• Love

Pathway to radiology, anesthesia, rad onc, IR, derm, ophtho, etc. Transitional internships are very competitive because they are flexible and offer a lot of elective time.

Last edited:

Anesthesiology
Brigham (3)
Mount Sinai
NYP Cornell
NYU
U Miami
UCLA (2)

Dermatology
NYP Cornell

Emergency Medicine
NYP Columbia/Cornell (3)
Temple
U Miami

Family Medicine
U Washington

General Surgery
BIDMC
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
NYP Cornell
Yale

Internal Medicine
Brigham (2)
Duke
HCA Healthcare/TriStar
MGH (3)
Northwestern
NYP Cornell (9)
NYU
Tufts
UCSF
UCLA (2)
U Rochester
Yale

Medicine-Prelim
Allegheny Gen Hosp-PA
Billings Clinic-MT
MGH
NYU
U Nevada Reno
UC Irvine

Medicine-Primary Care
Brigham
Hopkins
NYP Cornell

Neurosurgery
NYP Cornell

Neurology
Brigham

OB/Gyn
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Brooklyn Methodist
UC Irvine

Opthamology
Harvard Mass Ear & Eye
LSU New Orleans
NYU
USC Roski Eye Institute

Orthopedic Surgery
Emory
Henry Ford Hospital
HSS
Howard Univ
NYP Columbia
Thomas Jefferson
UMiami
UTSW
UCLA

ENT
NYP Columbia/Cornell (2)

Pathology
Brigham (2)
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell

Pediatric Neurology
CHOP
Hopkins
Stanford

Pediatrics
CHOP
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (2)

PM&R
NYP Columbia/Cornell
Stanford

Psychiatry
Howard Univ
Montefiore/Einstein
NYP Columbia (2)
NYP Cornell (4)
Vanderbilt

Radiation Oncology
MSKCC (2)

Diagnostic Radiology
Boston Univ
UPenn
Mount Sinai
NYP Columbia
NYP Cornell (2)
UCLA
Vanderbilt

Interventional Radiology
NYP Cornell
Stanford

Surgery-Prelim
NYP Columbia
UPMC
Virginia Mason Med Ctr

Transitional
Campbell University-NC
Lincoln Med Ctr-NY
MSKCC (3)
NCH Healthcare Sys-FL

Urology
Hopkins
NYU
NYP Cornell
UPMC

12 ortho matches is pretty impressive. Even if you don’t match at HSS, it obviously helps to attend the HSS affiliated medical school.

Would you mind sharing why you think NYU's list is no better than Cornell's? Also, what do you have against NYU?
I don’t have anything against NYU other than the fact that people think it’s absolutely better than other top schools in NYC. One of my premed mentors teaches at Cornell, Columbia and NYU. He basically told me that NYU students are mostly high stats tools, that’s both before and after they have gone tuition free. Not my words. Again before anyone lashes out by saying I have anything against high stats. I also applied with a LM of 80+

Last edited:
McDonald’s is #1. Second to none. Or is that Cleveland Clinic?? ;)
McDonalds in the sense that they open franchises everywhere. NYU has been expanding all over the world. Not only that, it has completely monopolized a good part of lower manhattan.