*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2015-2016 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long will it take to make a mid October released MCAT score official with AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad.

I just took two summer classes and got A's. I really want schools to see them especially since it will show that I graduated now. Do I have to wait till the update or do I just send them to the schools through email? What should I do?

If our apps are not verified until late August/early September are we at a disadvantage?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I type the course title exactly as it is on my transcript, but the name looks cut off when previewing application, do I need to shorten the name?

People with verified transcripts, do your applications have entires under "Ver Grd" and "Ver Cred" in the coursework section? (Verified Grade & Verified Credit)

Keep a little note book, write down the date, time and person you spoke with for all calls you make. I've had to call once and my experience was good, the man on the phone was actually very friendly.

I just took two summer classes and got A's. I really want schools to see them especially since it will show that I graduated now. Do I have to wait till the update or do I just send them to the schools through email? What should I do?

I am in a similar situation. I emailed all the schools I have been complete at and most of them said they would add my unofficial transcript to my file. Some asked me to send the official transcript to their admissions office and almost all of them stated to make sure to update AACOMAS because that is how they will get the updated application with new GPA's.

Annoying this is that the first academic update does not open until September 1. Sucks....anyone else in similar situation?

I don't think the actual schools realize that we can't update AACOMAS until Sep 1 because they stated to send the official transcript as soon as possible since it takes some time for the new update transcript.

Is my application undergoing verification if the "verifying" bar is yellow?

Is my application undergoing verification if the "verifying" bar is yellow?

When were you complete? (I.e. All transcripts received and application submitted and payed for)
Applications are verified in the order they are received...and can take up to 4 weeks...my bar has been yellow for 3 weeks now...

Any ideas on what current verification times are? I've had my transcripts in for 2 months and my MCAT score and letters in for a month, but finally just submitted the AACOMAS primary, including school designations.

From what I understand...although your transcripts have been in and all that, they don't even begin to look at it until you submit and pay...I believe you have about 4 weeks of waiting ahead of you...

This has probably been answered before, but I cannot find it.

In the experiences section, are bullet points or complete sentences preferred for the description box?

Members don't see this ad :)
This has probably been answered before, but I cannot find it.

In the experiences section, are bullet points or complete sentences preferred for the description box
Yes use complete sentences. You should make it into a small paragraph just describing what you did or learned, and if it affected why you wanted to go into medicine.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
So I was verified a couple days ago, and am wondering how DO schools send out secondaries. Do I have to go onto the DO schools' websites and initiate it myself or do I wait for an email from the schools?

So I was verified a couple days ago, and am wondering how DO schools send out secondaries. Do I have to go onto the DO schools' websites and initiate it myself or do I wait for an email from the schools?
It depends on the school, but from what I have seen most at least send you an email letting you know about the secondary link. If you are not sure I would contact the admissions staff.

Hey guys jc, how long does it typically take to fill out AACOMAS if you have everything, PS, activities, etc ready to go?

Hello again,

Another question about the experience section, or two actually. Should I put a contact information for each experience? I know it says optional, but I only put the information in if I had it. Second, for the release of authorization I've been putting yes to the ones I have contact info for.

Thanks in advance!

Hello again,

Another question about the experience section, or two actually. Should I put a contact information for each experience? I know it says optional, but I only put the information in if I had it. Second, for the release of authorization I've been putting yes to the ones I have contact info for.

Thanks in advance!
I put a contact for all my experiences except for my hobby. I know that it may not be easy for anyone checking on these experiences to easily contact these people, as some do not speak English, but at the very least it doesn't look like I'm hiding anything. If you do not know a personal contact number or email you should be able to at least include the main branch phone number for whatever you are putting down. I really doubt anyone checks these things that thoroughly, but I think it would raise more eyebrows to have no contacts than to have legitimate contact information of some sort.

My verification time was 27 days, just under the 4 week limit. I was verified yesterday for those wondering

I submitted my primary application last week without my two summer class grades typed in. Today I sent my updated transcripts to AACOMAS with my summer grades. Will this delay my app even more since I cannot update my grades on the application till Sept. 1?

Has anyone else's references been having a hard time submitting their letter lately? One of mine can't submit his letter, and he's been trying multiple times. I contacted AACOMAS, but I've yet to hear a reply.

Has anyone else's references been having a hard time submitting their letter lately? One of mine can't submit his letter, and he's been trying multiple times. I contacted AACOMAS, but I've yet to hear a reply.

I have been trying to submit my letter to AACOMAS through Interfolio but Interfolio says that something is wrong with the AACOMAS system right now. I am in the same boat as you just different scenario. I haven't contacted AACOMAS yet because Interfolio says AACOMAS is currently fixing the issue with their system.

Having the same issue. I thought it might be because I submitted my application. Will call tomorrow :rolleyes:

Having the same issue. I thought it might be because I submitted my application. Will call tomorrow :rolleyes:

Yes, let me know how that will go as I will probably give them a call too.

Yes, let me know how that will go as I will probably give them a call too.

I just called and they said there's only two options:

1. Evaluator has to call customer service so they can take his username and pw to log in to his portal and see what's going on.

2. Same thing, but through email.

Let me know if they say something different to you guys!

K I just spoke with an AACOMAS rep. and he confirmed they were having an issue with their system the past few days where evaluators couldn't submit. It's fixed now though allegedly

Hey! So after you have payed for your applications, go to the "Manage My Programs" then "Program Status." There will be three arrows...and the last arrow, being the "verified arrow" is yellow. You can click on the small "i" to see the status of your documents. They have to verify ALL your documents and a check mark will appear once they have done so. I hope that makes sense!

Hello,

I just paid for the application and I'm looking at the three arrows portion of the program status page. Instead of the verification arrow being yellow, my awaiting materials arrow is. When did you get the chance to pay for the application? I just did after 5 weeks of waiting.

Would:

1. A "Developmental Neurobiology" Bio XXX course be behavioral sciences or biology?

2.A "Drugs and the Brain" Neuroscience XXX course, would that be biology or behavioral sciences?

3.A "Intro to Neuroscience" Psyc XXX course, would that be biology or behavioral sciences?

Is it mainly up to my discretion and they'll fix it? Does it go more by the prefix of the course or course title?

I simply put down whatever the prefix was on my official transcript

Hello,

I just paid for the application and I'm looking at the three arrows portion of the program status page. Instead of the verification arrow being yellow, my awaiting materials arrow is. When did you get the chance to pay for the application? I just did after 5 weeks of waiting.

My awaiting materials arrow is also yellow, not the verifying one. But the only thing they haven't received is one of my evaluations. I thought those weren't necessary to get verified?

Last edited:
Would:

1. A "Developmental Neurobiology" Bio XXX course be behavioral sciences or biology?

2.A "Drugs and the Brain" Neuroscience XXX course, would that be biology or behavioral sciences?

3.A "Intro to Neuroscience" Psyc XXX course, would that be biology or behavioral sciences?

Is it mainly up to my discretion and they'll fix it? Does it go more by the prefix of the course or course title?

The course code suggest that the 1st 2 are biology and the last is behavioral.

Paid, submitted, and transcripts have arrived. If the yellow arrow is on verifying, is that verifying the transcript or the entire application? When could I expect it to be sent to schools?

Hey guys I was wondering if it is too late to apply DO schools now? I have the app finished , I was waiting to take my MCAT and I be taking it next week and I have also be doing a masters program for my gap year, will I be able to update them about my grades?
Thanks

Not sure if anyone has replied yet, but you should! Their deadlines are not until 2016, plenty pf time. Just look up some of the schools you plan to apply to and begin preparing secondary essays so that you have them soon as can be!

Paid, submitted, and transcripts have arrived. If the yellow arrow is on verifying, is that verifying the transcript or the entire application? When could I expect it to be sent to schools?

I suspect at least 4 weeks (they promise 4 wk maximum). I submitted both my AMCAS and AACOMAS app on Aug 5th. My AMCAS app was verified early this week but I am still waiting on AACOMAS. Next week will be 4 weeks for me.

Thank you!! Good to know, wasn't sure if it would be longer. Good luck to you!

I just called and they said there's only two options:

1. Evaluator has to call customer service so they can take his username and pw to log in to his portal and see what's going on.

2. Same thing, but through email.

Let me know if they say something different to you guys!

I email AACOMAS on Wed. night with the message Interfolio has sent me. By Thurs morning, the problem is fixed and AACOMAS has received my LOR from Interfolio.

I think if I haven't emailed them, the process will have taken longer.

Does anyone know how to make an update on their AACOMAS application? Do I just simply click on the blue "Update my application" button? This seems really simple. I recently added a new LOR to my Evaluation section.

And will AACOMAS send me a confirmation email about the updated application?

Thanks!

Pretty much, it's very straight forward. I believe you go under your LOR section and add a letter for that particular thing though

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how we can add planned courses but at another university than the one you completed the rest of your undergraduate coursework?

It says, transcripts need to be sent from all colleges attended, but transcripts don't need to be sent if course work is incomplete...which is a little confusing. If I add the second university under colleges attended for the planned coursework, they would require a transcript...however, I wouldn't have completed the course yet...

Thank you! :)

Hey guys if I've taken a community college course which was transferred over to my university transcript, do I need to include the community college as one of the places I've attended?

Should I know what my classes for Spring will be? Or should I just input my fall in progress schedule for 2015?

Okay seriously... I sent my July MCAT scores to AACOMAS the day of and they still haven't notified me of anything... Now it's holding my secondaries back smh...

The new AACOMAS is rubbish in this respect. Does AMCAS physically send the scores? Cuz that's the only valid excuse AACOMAS can have regarding the delay...

Okay seriously... I sent my July MCAT scores to AACOMAS the day of and they still haven't notified me of anything... Now it's holding my secondaries back smh...

The new AACOMAS is rubbish in this respect. Does AMCAS physically send the scores? Cuz that's the only valid excuse AACOMAS can have regarding the delay...

You mean AAMC? I thought they'd send them electronically. Have you checked with the AAMC on this?

You mean AAMC? I thought they'd send them electronically. Have you checked with the AAMC on this?

Yeah I meant AAMC lol. All the acronyms got me confused. Yeah it confirms that I sent the scores the day of.

ugh...

Dude on the phone said 5 days initially... then said 10... well... I'm hoping by Monday they have this crap straightened out.

Damn that's frustrating. I'll be receiving scores late september so this is going to make me even more late.

But for you that's BS. Getting your app in early for what.

In any event this is seriously weird. Have AAMC resend if you can.

I accidentally asked AAMC to send my scores to AACOMAS twice (the system was being glitchy) and it didn't do any harm that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.