*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2011-2012*~*~*~*

Started by CougarMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. People are debating what to do with Spring grades in another thread -- I'm surprised it hasn't come up with a definitive answer in the past -- but it appears it is acceptable to put the courses as current/future and then update each school with your grades when they are ready.

Strictly speaking, you are correct, and I doubt there is any debate on whether it meets the written instruction. What is being debated is the spirit of the instruction.
 
Now my questions:

1. When selecting the medical schools you want to apply to, you are asked what kind of admission you are seeking. I am very much considering doing a joint program, but I am not sure which one exactly. I am torn between a MPH and a MBA. Some schools I am applying to have neither, some have one or the other, but some have both. My question is, is it OK to apply to two degrees in the "combined degree area(s)" section? I don't want to appear as if I am applying to ultimately get a MD, MPH, and MBA. Rather, I would like to apply to both the MPH and MBA and then make a decision as I get closer to the finish line. Is this a bad move for any reason? I'm still in the process of researching each dual degree program so things may change (I may decide I prefer one over the other, etc) but for the time being I would like some help on my situation as it stands.

According to the instruction manual, designating a program type in AMCAS only indicates an interest and is not the same as applying. Thus, I would think if you're interested, then go ahead and mark the "combined medical degree/graduate" option.

2. Is there any significance to "course classification" other than separating BCPM and AO GPAs? I have taken a pretty diverse array of classes, but it doesn't really show through when I look back at the list. My second major doesn't fall exactly within a category so I went with Behavior and Social Science for all classes within that major. However, some classes like "employment law" and "comparative legislation..." clearly would appear to fall under the Poli. Sci/Law category. Is it better the be consistent and place all the courses that are from that major under the social science banner or consider each class independently?

I would consider each class independently. The classifications are intended to represent the classes themselves and not one's major.
 
I entered college with a lot of AP credits, and I've also taken heavy course loads, so my university considers me to be a higher class standing than I actually am. Half way through my freshman year, they considered me to be a sophomore, and for my entire junior year last year, they considered me to be a senior because I had over 90 credits. How should I indicate class standings on AMCAS? I'd like to just do first year of college = FR, second year = SO, etc., but that doesn't really line up with my total credit hours. How picky is AMCAS about class designation? I don't want this to cause delays in processing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I entered college with a lot of AP credits, and I've also taken heavy course loads, so my university considers me to be a higher class standing than I actually am. Half way through my freshman year, they considered me to be a sophomore, and for my entire junior year last year, they considered me to be a senior because I had over 90 credits. How should I indicate class standings on AMCAS? I'd like to just do first year of college = FR, second year = SO, etc., but that doesn't really line up with my total credit hours. How picky is AMCAS about class designation? I don't want this to cause delays in processing.

My interpretation of the instructions is that if you're continuously enrolled as a full-time student for four years, your status should change every year, with an average of 27-35 hours per status. However, if you deviate greatly from this, the instructions do state that they may reassign statuses. How great a deviation are we talking here?

In the end, if your statuses do get reassigned, my understanding is that it won't hold up processing noticeably. There's enough wiggle room in the written instructions that the best thing you can do is try to follow the spirit of the instructions and not obsess over it too much.
 
In the AMCAS application, my old score is still loaded on the application page. Will I be able to submit my application on 6/1 with an expired score? I'm hesitant to submit the application after I receive my new scores back because it will be August...
 
Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for your help in advance! I just had a question about when to submit my app. I took the MCAT in March and didnt do so well on it, got a 7 7 10 for a 24. This was wayyyy lower than my practice average so I'm hoping it was just nerves. I'm retaking in two months, on July 16th. HOWEVER, I was wondering when to submit my app. I was originally going to submit on June 1st, but I don't want schools to ultimately screen me out for my score. It would be 2.5. months until they got my new score. Should I still submit my app really early, or just wait for my new score? I know submitting in August isn't TOO late, but I have everything ready to submit June 1st.
 
In the AMCAS application, my old score is still loaded on the application page. Will I be able to submit my application on 6/1 with an expired score? I'm hesitant to submit the application after I receive my new scores back because it will be August...

Yes, you will be able to submit your application. Don't forget to indicate your planned testing date.
 
Hey guys, thanks for your help in advance! I just had a question about when to submit my app. I took the MCAT in March and didnt do so well on it, got a 7 7 10 for a 24. This was wayyyy lower than my practice average so I'm hoping it was just nerves. I'm retaking in two months, on July 16th. HOWEVER, I was wondering when to submit my app. I was originally going to submit on June 1st, but I don't want schools to ultimately screen me out for my score. It would be 2.5. months until they got my new score. Should I still submit my app really early, or just wait for my new score? I know submitting in August isn't TOO late, but I have everything ready to submit June 1st.

Submit your app, designating only one school that you are not seriously applying to, so that you can get your course work verified. When your new score comes out, then you can add more schools to your application.
 
Submit your app, designating only one school that you are not seriously applying to, so that you can get your course work verified. When your new score comes out, then you can add more schools to your application.

So submitting August 16th wouldn't be that bad? My gpa's aren't that great (sgpa and cpa 3.6 hopefully) so I wanted to submit all of my apps early
 
So submitting August 16th wouldn't be that bad? My gpa's aren't that great (sgpa and cpa 3.6 hopefully) so I wanted to submit all of my apps early

If you were submitting for the first time in August, you would still be facing an approximate four-week wait to have your course work verified. On the other hand, if you submitted in June using the strategy outlined in my post, your course work would already be verified by the time your new scores arrived and you would not have that extra wait when you add new schools to your application.
 
If you were submitting for the first time in August, you would still be facing an approximate four-week wait to have your course work verified. On the other hand, if you submitted in June using the strategy outlined in my post, your course work would already be verified by the time your new scores arrived and you would not have that extra wait when you add new schools to your application.

Wow that's really smart in theory. How would you deal with your pre-health advisor? Pretend to apply only to that 1 school or a full list so they can prepare the letters to go out in August?
 
1. People are debating what to do with Spring grades in another thread -- I'm surprised it hasn't come up with a definitive answer in the past -- but it appears it is acceptable to put the courses as current/future and then update each school with your grades when they are ready. You can double check by calling AMCAS yourself but I already ordered my transcript without Spring grades so to be ready ASAP. This past semester will lift my GPA slightly, but didn't want to be at the hands of my registrar office to get paperwork out on time.

2. I believe that if you are graduating in the traditional 4 year manner, yes you would put classes in the standard configuration (i.e your 3rd year second semester would still be Junior year regardless of how many credits you have). Again, something you can check with AMCAS if you call about spring grades.

3. Yes, APs count for Freshman year even if that puts you at some ridiculous course load like 25+ credits.

Thank you! So when updating the schools with Spring grades, would that mean updating each individual school or could I do it through AMCAS? If it means udpating each school individuallly, that could take a long time since I'm considering applying to 30-40 schools. I know that's a lot of schools, but it seems like the norm here at my college to apply to that many schools, so I figure why not.
 
On my transcript, AP credits are given a grade of T (for "transfer"). However, on page 9 of the AMCAS instructions manual it says that AP credits will be given a grade of G. Which letter should I put?

Also, I have taken a few pass/fail classes, and at my school the grade appears as S for "satisfactory." Once again, page 9 of the AMCAS instruction book says that pass/fail classes should be graded as P or N. Which one should I use?
 
Wow that's really smart in theory. How would you deal with your pre-health advisor? Pretend to apply only to that 1 school or a full list so they can prepare the letters to go out in August?

That would be a discussion to have with your advisor; however, I don't see why you shouldn't be on the same page with your advisor with respect to your plan of action.

Thank you! So when updating the schools with Spring grades, would that mean updating each individual school or could I do it through AMCAS? If it means udpating each school individuallly, that could take a long time since I'm considering applying to 30-40 schools. I know that's a lot of schools, but it seems like the norm here at my college to apply to that many schools, so I figure why not.

Once your AMCAS application is submitted, any updates you might care to make to your applications would take place with the schools directly, generally in the form of one-page letters addressed to the admissions committees.

On my transcript, AP credits are given a grade of T (for "transfer"). However, on page 9 of the AMCAS instructions manual it says that AP credits will be given a grade of G. Which letter should I put?

Also, I have taken a few pass/fail classes, and at my school the grade appears as S for "satisfactory." Once again, page 9 of the AMCAS instruction book says that pass/fail classes should be graded as P or N. Which one should I use?

Page 9 is under the "AAMC Policies and Procedures" heading of the instruction manual and not part of the directions to you, the applicant. The relevant information for you is on page 39, where it says "Enter the grade, symbol, or notation exactly as it appears on the official transcript [emphasis mine] from the institution where you attempted the course...If no grade is on the transcript, no grade entry is required unless the course has been subsequently repeated or removed due to academic bankruptcy or similar institutional policies."
 
Wow that's really smart in theory. How would you deal with your pre-health advisor? Pretend to apply only to that 1 school or a full list so they can prepare the letters to go out in August?

I would just give them a full list. No need to tell them the truth. Luckily my school doesn't have a committee so I don't ahve to worry about it. ALTHOUGH, if i submit in August, I probably won't be done with secondaries until September. Gahhhhh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On my transcript, AP credits are given a grade of T (for "transfer"). However, on page 9 of the AMCAS instructions manual it says that AP credits will be given a grade of G. Which letter should I put?

Also, I have taken a few pass/fail classes, and at my school the grade appears as S for "satisfactory." Once again, page 9 of the AMCAS instruction book says that pass/fail classes should be graded as P or N. Which one should I use?
You're reading the wrong part of the manual. Try page 39
Enter the grade, symbol, or notation exactly as it appears on the official transcript from the institution where you attempted the course.
[ETA: Once again, Mauberly is too fast for me!]
 
Thanks mauberley and phnerd. It probably won't matter what list I give them actually, because I will intend to get verified June 1st and then can give my advisor a list maybe July 1st and should be verified and ready to go. I did a lot worse on my MCAT than I thought I was going to (almost cancelled it on test day because I wasn't feeling well but threw the dice.. backfired). At any rate, the only time I can re-test is 7/16 and need to drive more than 150 miles to do so. Do spots ever open back up? I'm aware they could charge me to relocate my exam, but I'd rather pay that fee than have to worry about gas money and hotel expense to take a test!
 
Hey guys....first, just a random shoutout to everyone who has been taking the time to answer questions in this thread. Everyone in Pre-Allo appreciates it.

If any of you regular answerers (or askers) have suggestions of what should be added to the FAQ, please let me know. I will have some time coming up to tweak it a bit.
 
hi guys. when you get the new mcat score once you already submitted the app, do you update the score manually to each school? i think the amcas website will hve the new score, but i don't know whether the school will have the new school. thanks. found so many good info. tahnks again
 
hi guys. when you get the new mcat score once you already submitted the app, do you update the score manually to each school? i think the amcas website will hve the new score, but i don't know whether the school will have the new school. thanks. found so many good info. tahnks again

You don't need to do anything to update schools with your new MCAT scores.
 
I hate to make a new thread on this one but old search doesn't have the answer for me:

Listing: Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences 197 - Individual Studies
Department: same as above

The thing is that it's an individual studies course, meaning its a contract course between the professor and myself involving a 15+ page super-paper and weekly discussions between just me and him. I pick the topic and it's going to be something pretty heavily neuroscience (my major)

BCPM or not?

Gracias
 
List it as BCPM. Worst-case scenario AMCAS changes it to something else, you complain to them with a syllabus and they may or may not change it.
 
List it as BCPM. Worst-case scenario AMCAS changes it to something else, you complain to them with a syllabus and they may or may not change it.

this.

I am probably going to be in the same situation, fast forward 1 year. As I: took a neuroscience class, will take a neuroscience seminar, and will be doing an independent study related to neuroscience for a year with an honors thesis........I hope they all can count (provided I do well of course)
 
I hate to make a new thread on this one but old search doesn't have the answer for me:

Listing: Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences 197 - Individual Studies
Department: same as above

The thing is that it's an individual studies course, meaning its a contract course between the professor and myself involving a 15+ page super-paper and weekly discussions between just me and him. I pick the topic and it's going to be something pretty heavily neuroscience (my major)

BCPM or not?

Gracias


hate to break it to you, but i'm going with "not".

i just looked up my amcas 2011 instruction manual. on page 39 they had a nifty table categorizing different subjects. like mentioned above, there is a "behavioral and social sciences (bess)" category, under which psychology is listed.

IMO, you best bet is to try to finagle an independent studies class listed in the neuroscience department at your institution. for example, any "197" course at my institution would be an independent studies class in whatever department it's listed (ex. biology 197, bugs 197, golf 197). i think that would guarantee it goes towards your bcpm. ...but your professor may run into redtape teaching under a different department.

see what you can do. otherwise, if you must/want to take that course, just take it and hedge your bets with amcas by reporting it as bcpm.
 
this.

I am probably going to be in the same situation, fast forward 1 year. As I: took a neuroscience class, will take a neuroscience seminar, and will be doing an independent study related to neuroscience for a year with an honors thesis........I hope they all can count (provided I do well of course)

okay. i'm really confused... there was another response to your post but the person must have deleted it. you are not in the same situation, as long as the classes are listed in the neuroscience department. amcas explicitly lists neuroscience under its "biology (bcpm)" category. the op may have difficulty depending on how flexible amcas is in reviewing his transcript and what course name/department his is listed as.
 
Hi guys,

Question about dual enrollment courses that I did in high school. It was my senior year in high school and didn't do so hot in my college course (due to apathy and college applications). I've done extremely well in undergrad and have a very high science gpa there from Wash U. Do med schools really consider the grades in high school classes or do they mainly look at the undergraduate courses and grades there? I ask because calculated with the high school courses, it brings down my gpa i think quite a bit, which worries me.

thanks
 
Hi guys,

Question about dual enrollment courses that I did in high school. It was my senior year in high school and didn't do so hot in my college course (due to apathy and college applications). I've done extremely well in undergrad and have a very high science gpa there from Wash U. Do med schools really consider the grades in high school classes or do they mainly look at the undergraduate courses and grades there? I ask because calculated with the high school courses, it brings down my gpa i think quite a bit, which worries me.

thanks

From the manual:

Many high school students take other types of college-level courses either independently or through special programs offered by their high school. Courses may be physically taken at the high school or at a college, depending on the program, but should be listed on the application under the name of the college.
You must contact the college involved to determine transcript availability prior to submitting the application. If a transcript from the college is available, it must be forwarded to AMCAS and courses must be listed in the Course Work section of your application. If letter grades and credit hours are listed on the college transcript, these courses will be included in AMCAS GPA calculations, even if they have not been transferred to the primary undergraduate school or used towards a degree. These courses do not require any Special Course Type, unless otherwise appropriate. The Year in School for such courses is "High School."
If a transcript is not available from the college, do not send high school transcripts to AMCAS. Instead, the registrar's office of the college must forward an official letter, with an AMCAS Transcript Request Form attached, indicating that no transcript is available due to institutional policies. The Transcript Request Form can be found in the Transcript Requests section of the application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys,

So I took calc 2 at a CC during the summer of my freshmen year and the credits have already transferred. My question is, I do need to get a transcript from the CC even though it lists it on my college transcript? Also when I send the transcript request forms do i have to sign the bottom or the individual giving me the transcript?😕

thanks
 
For PE classes such as stretching, aerobic fitness, and racquetball, should I list them as "education" or "other?"

Also, what about the general freshman advising class that I had to take during my first semester? "Other?"
 
Hello guys,

So I took calc 2 at a CC during the summer of my freshmen year and the credits have already transferred. My question is, I do need to get a transcript from the CC even though it lists it on my college transcript? Also when I send the transcript request forms do i have to sign the bottom or the individual giving me the transcript?😕

thanks

Yes, you are required to get a transcript from that college even if it's listed on your primary institution's transcript. When sending in the transcript request form, if there is a place for a signature (which there probably is), then yes, you need to sign it. Remember to include the AMCAS transcript request form along with your transcript request form so that your transcript is sent with the AMCAS letter.
 
Yes, you are required to get a transcript from that college even if it's listed on your primary institution's transcript. When sending in the transcript request form, if there is a place for a signature (which there probably is), then yes, you need to sign it. Remember to include the AMCAS transcript request form along with your transcript request form so that your transcript is sent with the AMCAS letter.

There is a place for a signature and yes, it is intended for you (the applicant) to sign it.
 
For PE classes such as stretching, aerobic fitness, and racquetball, should I list them as "education" or "other?"

Also, what about the general freshman advising class that I had to take during my first semester? "Other?"

1. I would think "Other." I'd think "EDUC" if the classes were requirements for an education degree, but if the classes are geared to making sure you're not flabby, it's not. (The instructions specifically exclude sports courses from EDUC, for example.)
2. Other.
 
Here's kind of a funky question that was really hard to search for so perhaps it has been answered already, but anyway:

If, during my time as an ER volunteer, I was allowed to do tasks that probably go beyond those of the role of a "volunteer", should I mention this on my application or should I keep my mouth shut? The nurses at the ER I worked at had no idea what a volunteer should or shouldn't be allowed to do (they had never had one before), so they had me taking vitals, medical histories, and doing EKGs, which I don't think they should have done, legally speaking. If I choose to list those, I'm wondering if an adcom will see that and think "wow, this kid's really had some valuable experiences" or "wow, this kid is really irresponsible".
 
I was a supplemental instruction leader for a general chemistry class, and I got credit under CHEM 499: Supervised Reading. Should I designate this as Chemistry? Or should I put Education since I was teaching? Or Other since it doesn't really fit in another category?
 
Here's kind of a funky question that was really hard to search for so perhaps it has been answered already, but anyway:

If, during my time as an ER volunteer, I was allowed to do tasks that probably go beyond those of the role of a "volunteer", should I mention this on my application or should I keep my mouth shut? The nurses at the ER I worked at had no idea what a volunteer should or shouldn't be allowed to do (they had never had one before), so they had me taking vitals, medical histories, and doing EKGs, which I don't think they should have done, legally speaking. If I choose to list those, I'm wondering if an adcom will see that and think "wow, this kid's really had some valuable experiences" or "wow, this kid is really irresponsible".

I don't think there's anything legally forbidding you to do any of those things (well, the EKG thing is weird, but I dunno if it's forbidden). You should list them as part of your job. I took medical histories as part of one of my volunteer experiences.
 
If, during my time as an ER volunteer, I was allowed to do tasks that probably go beyond those of the role of a "volunteer", should I mention this on my application or should I keep my mouth shut? The nurses at the ER I worked at had no idea what a volunteer should or shouldn't be allowed to do (they had never had one before), so they had me taking vitals, medical histories, and doing EKGs, which I don't think they should have done, legally speaking. If I choose to list those, I'm wondering if an adcom will see that and think "wow, this kid's really had some valuable experiences" or "wow, this kid is really irresponsible".

I don't think there's anything legally forbidding you to do any of those things (well, the EKG thing is weird, but I dunno if it's forbidden). You should list them as part of your job. I took medical histories as part of one of my volunteer experiences.

I agree with this. Did they train you in any of this, either formally or informally, or did they just say "here, do this"? The question of whether or not you were permitted to do it is an internal matter of policy for the ER where you volunteered and not a matter for your application.

I was a supplemental instruction leader for a general chemistry class, and I got credit under CHEM 499: Supervised Reading. Should I designate this as Chemistry? Or should I put Education since I was teaching? Or Other since it doesn't really fit in another category?

I'd go with either Chemistry or Other. You weren't being taught anything about education. (You could make the case that you were reinforcing your knowledge of chemistry through teaching, however.)
 
I don't think there's anything legally forbidding you to do any of those things (well, the EKG thing is weird, but I dunno if it's forbidden). You should list them as part of your job. I took medical histories as part of one of my volunteer experiences.

I agree with this. Did they train you in any of this, either formally or informally, or did they just say "here, do this"? The question of whether or not you were permitted to do it is an internal matter of policy for the ER where you volunteered and not a matter for your application.

OK, great, thanks.
 
So I'm ordering my transcripts right now and I have a question whether or not to do rushed shipping. I will do rushed processing because I don't want them to take another week just to send out the transcripts, but is the rushed shipping advisable? What I'm asking is will it affect my verification process whether my transcripts get to them on May 20 or May 27? It probably should not, correct?... considering they only start verifying transcripts after you submit your application, so as long as the transcripts get there before you submit (for me June 1st), it won't matter.
 
I really hope this issue hasn't been discussed yet. I searched the thread and could not find anything relevant. Anyways, I am currently studying abroad and the semester ends in July. Obviously, I want to submit my application on June, so the classes I am taking now will still be in progress. Since I am participating in a study abroad program, I need to request a transcript exception, but I'm wondering whether I should base this request on "Current Coursework" or the Foreign Study option. Both are accurate. I'm not sure if this distinction matters, but I just wanted some opinions. Thank you.
 
I really hope this issue hasn't been discussed yet. I searched the thread and could not find anything relevant. Anyways, I am currently studying abroad and the semester ends in July. Obviously, I want to submit my application on June, so the classes I am taking now will still be in progress. Since I am participating in a study abroad program, I need to request a transcript exception, but I'm wondering whether I should base this request on "Current Coursework" or the Foreign Study option. Both are accurate. I'm not sure if this distinction matters, but I just wanted some opinions. Thank you.

I don't think it matters, either, but I would go with the "Foreign college - study abroad" option.
 
My official transcript uses unnecessary abbreviations for a lot of courses (such as gen bio instead of general biology). Should I write the course title exactly as it appears on the transcript, or should I expand it to indicate the actual name of the course, even though that's not exactly what my transcript says? For some classes (like gen bio) it's easy to tell what the abbreviation stands for, but for others (like Rac & Eth Iss) it might be a little less obvious (racial and ethnic issues).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My official transcript uses unnecessary abbreviations for a lot of courses (such as gen bio instead of general biology). Should I write the course title exactly as it appears on the transcript, or should I expand it to indicate the actual name of the course, even though that's not exactly what my transcript says? For some classes (like gen bio) it's easy to tell what the abbreviation stands for, but for others (like Rac & Eth Iss) it might be a little less obvious (racial and ethnic issues).

I'd say play it safe and keep it exactly as it is. Don't forget to add "and Lab" too
 
I'm in a similar situation as an ER volunteer with doing vitals, etc. Would giving shots be okay to list?

One more question...is there any place on the app where we can list semi-fluency in a language? I guess I consider myself fluent in a 2nd language, as it was a language I grew up around, but I never really had to speak it much, so I'm not really sure if I should list myself as fluent

I agree with this. Did they train you in any of this, either formally or informally, or did they just say "here, do this"? The question of whether or not you were permitted to do it is an internal matter of policy for the ER where you volunteered and not a matter for your application.
 
My official transcript uses unnecessary abbreviations for a lot of courses (such as gen bio instead of general biology). Should I write the course title exactly as it appears on the transcript, or should I expand it to indicate the actual name of the course, even though that's not exactly what my transcript says? For some classes (like gen bio) it's easy to tell what the abbreviation stands for, but for others (like Rac & Eth Iss) it might be a little less obvious (racial and ethnic issues).

I'd say play it safe and keep it exactly as it is. Don't forget to add "and Lab" too

You can't go wrong entering course names verbatim from your transcript. I just wanted to note that I entered in the full course name in AMCAS while my transcript used abbreviations and there didn't seem to be any issues with it.

I'm in a similar situation as an ER volunteer with doing vitals, etc. Would giving shots be okay to list?

One more question...is there any place on the app where we can list semi-fluency in a language? I guess I consider myself fluent in a 2nd language, as it was a language I grew up around, but I never really had to speak it much, so I'm not really sure if I should list myself as fluent

Unless you were told explicitly not to give shots, why not take ownership of the activity?

There is a field in the Biographic Information section to list languages spoken, if you want to indicate it there.
 
That section is only for listing languages spoken fluently though. And Im not really sure of the legality of giving shots which is why I am hesitant to list it

Unless you were told explicitly not to give shots, why not take ownership of the activity?

There is a field in the Biographic Information section to list languages spoken, if you want to indicate it there.
 
That section is only for listing languages spoken fluently though. And Im not really sure of the legality of giving shots which is why I am hesitant to list it

1) Ultimately, it's your discretion whether you want to fill it in or not. If you choose not to use that field, your only other option as far as your primary application is concerned would be to include it in your personal statement, but even so, I would not include it there unless it ties in with the theme of your narrative.

2) If you have questions about its legality, your best course of action is to ask your supervisor where you volunteered. None of us here can speculate about the parameters under which you operated at your position.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.