*~*~*~* Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2019-2020 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so all of my secondaries are submitted and have been since mid August, but I am thinking of adding an other school. I fit their statistics and think it could be a good fit (although I know this is a little late to submit a primary to them). Is it okay to add the school and resubmit on AMCAS? Is that going to affect the other schools in any way?

Members don't see this ad.

Would it be appropriate to update schools about a grade (A) for a single summer course (3 unit psych course), and that I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks in October.. or is this too unimportant?
1) Its almost too unimportant to even comment on here
2) as I advise all students, applying to med school is a full time job. If you want to be out of the country do so before you even apply

Reactions: 1 user
I was hoping I could get some help with this question. I posted this in the AACOMAS thread some time ago and have gotten no responses. Thanks for your help.

I submitted my application to AACOMAS a few months ago and listed one school under my application so I can get it verified (similar to what students do in AMCAS). I now keep receiving emails from the school saying the following:

Greetings from the Office of Admissions at __________________. Thank you once again for applying to our university for your professional school education. We are writing to inform you that as of today, your application is incomplete and is missing certain information to complete your file.

Should I write them back letting them know to withdraw my application so they are aware of this, or what's the best course of action here? I only applied here to have my application verified and don't plan on attending there just as some background information.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was hoping I could get some help with this question. I posted this in the AACOMAS thread some time ago and have gotten no responses. Thanks for your help.

I submitted my application to AACOMAS a few months ago and listed one school under my application so I can get it verified (similar to what students do in AMCAS). I now keep receiving emails from the school saying the following:

Greetings from the Office of Admissions at __________________. Thank you once again for applying to our university for your professional school education. We are writing to inform you that as of today, your application is incomplete and is missing certain information to complete your file.

Should I write them back letting them know to withdraw my application so they are aware of this, or what's the best course of action here? I only applied here to have my application verified and don't plan on attending there just as some background information.
I mean, you already paid for them so why not just submit it for the YOLO? Or open up their secondary application and withdraw internally?

I mean, you already paid for them so why not just submit it for the YOLO? Or open up their secondary application and withdraw internally?

What do you mean open their secondary and withdraw internally? Also, I'm still waiting on my MCAT score (October 15th) so I don't want to fill out the secondary until I know my score.

What do you mean open their secondary and withdraw internally? Also, I'm still waiting on my MCAT score (October 15th) so I don't want to fill out the secondary until I know my score.
Oof that is a really late MCAT....not too late for DO I don't think?

So....hold on a sec. Let me show.

1569789841427.png

If you open up their secondary application then there should be a home page that looks something like this or a variation like it. Somewhere on that page will be a withdraw button such as the one indicated on the example.

As an aside, why did you use a random school as a dumped school as opposed to one that you would've applied to regardless of your MCAT?

As an aside, why did you use a random school as a dumped school as opposed to one that you would've applied to regardless of your MCAT?

That's a good question. I don't remember 100%, all I know is that I was busy studying for the MCAT at the time and I read on a different forum that this would be a good school to have as a throwaway school because if I actually applied to a school I was interested in but my MCAT score came out ****ty then I just ruined my chances of going there. To counteract this, I applied somewhere that even if the score is bad then it won't affect me since I don't want to go there in the first place.

Hi! Just to confirm, you do not need to send updated transcripts to AMCAS for your summer grades if your app was already transmitted to your schools? I know for TMDSAS you are required to send updated transcripts every semester, so I just wanted to make sure!
Thank you in advance:)

Hi! Just to confirm, you do not need to send updated transcripts to AMCAS for your summer grades if your app was already transmitted to your schools? I know for TMDSAS you are required to send updated transcripts every semester, so I just wanted to make sure!
Thank you in advance:)
Not only do you not have to, there is no mechanism to do so.

Are there any moderators here that would be willing to give me feedback on some of my answers for a secondary application I'm working on? It's due November 1st so I could really use some advice. If not, can you please refer me to the right place so I can find someone to help me since it's time sensitive?

Thank you

Are there any moderators here that would be willing to give me feedback on some of my answers for a secondary application I'm working on? It's due November 1st so I could really use some advice. If not, can you please refer me to the right place so I can find someone to help me since it's time sensitive?

Thank you

I volunteer at a hospital and I was planning to continue doing so through April, so I indicated 200 hours (instructions say you can put hours expected to complete.) I now am considering quitting that role and doing something else, even though I only have 160 hours there. Is it ok if my hours aren't the same as indicated on my app?

I volunteer at a hospital and I was planning to continue doing so through April, so I indicated 200 hours (instructions say you can put hours expected to complete.) I now am considering quitting that role and doing something else, even though I only have 160 hours there. Is it ok if my hours aren't the same as indicated on my app?

Have you been accepted somewhere? If so, I don't think they will call every activity to verify hours. Many people quit scribing (because pay sucks) right after they are accepted even if they said they would be doing it till the following year.

Have you been accepted somewhere? If so, I don't think they will call every activity to verify hours. Many people quit scribing (because pay sucks) right after they are accepted even if they said they would be doing it till the following year.
I have been accepted somewhere but I am still hoping for interviews from a couple of other schools

I have been accepted somewhere but I am still hoping for interviews from a couple of other schools

Totally up to you. I personally don't think it matters, but I'm an applicant as well. Congrats on the A!

I'm in the same boat, but am non-trad and can't figure out what to write in an update letter. Position hasn't changed, but I've definitely taken on more responsibility since I submitted my application. Accepted do an outstanding DO program I will happily attend, but hoping for that MD to keep as many doors open as possible.

Ignore it. Unless it comes up somehow in interview which is highly unlikely and just say the truth. But projected hours are just that: projected.

Totally up to you. I personally don't think it matters, but I'm an applicant as well. Congrats on the A!

I'm in the same boat, but am non-trad and can't figure out what to write in an update letter. Position hasn't changed, but I've definitely taken on more responsibility since I submitted my application. Accepted do an outstanding DO program I will happily attend, but hoping for that MD to keep as many doors open as possible.
Its not much of an update and typically starting something new isnt worth it. However, framing this along the lines of "since I had POSITION X since DATE , I have be given significantly more duties and responsibilities." Personally I would do it with a small hint at humor: "It would appear that being successful at my role I been rewarded with more work." I would also say something about enjoying the challenge and appreciate the trust I have earned with my supervisor to be given more responsibility.

The update really wont do much on content, but it does nudge a little that you are still interested without saying directly. JUST WRITE IT WELL!!!
Most of these letters start sounding whiny and desperate. So keep it strictly as update

Its not much of an update and typically starting something new isnt worth it. However, framing this along the lines of "since I had POSITION X since DATE , I have be given significantly more duties and responsibilities." Personally I would do it with a small hint at humor: "It would appear that being successful at my role I been rewarded with more work." I would also say something about enjoying the challenge and appreciate the trust I have earned with my supervisor to be given more responsibility.

The update really wont do much on content, but it does nudge a little that you are still interested without saying directly. JUST WRITE IT WELL!!!
Most of these letters start sounding whiny and desperate. So keep it strictly as update

Thank you so much @gonnif! Really appreciate the feedback as I felt kind of dumb writing the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.