*~*~*~* Official AMCAS "Work/Activities" Tips Thread 2019-2020 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I have always been told that clinical work experience is nice, but not necessary and that shadowing is the main concern. I'm not a nontraditional student, but I had a nontraditional route through college and was not able to accommodate a scribe/EMT job because my last 2.5 years when I switched into premed were filled with advanced sciences and an on campus job was the best option to maintain grades.

2) It's more than video games, but it encompasses that too. I got into computers awhile back and built my own, staying up to date with tech stuff is something I really enjoy and I've gone on to help a few friends build their own PCs as well. The video games part is just because they've been my main source of decompressing from stress/work and is a way I keep up with several friends who I don't live near anymore.
1) Giving priority to good grades was the right thing to do, but be aware that not all med schools will be fine with passive shadowing as the sole source of patient experience.

2) I suggest de-emphasizing the video game playing as much as possible (due to stodgy oldsters among adcomms). The rest of your computer-related interests sound terrific, though. [Disclaimer: ex-gamer here.]

Members don't see this ad.

1) Giving priority to good grades was the right thing to do, but be aware that not all med schools will be fine with passive shadowing as the sole source of patient experience.

2) I suggest de-emphasizing the video game playing as much as possible (due to stodgy oldsters among adcomms). The rest of your computer-related interests sound terrific, though. [Disclaimer: ex-gamer here.]
Your advice is much appreciated! My EMT clinicals did encompass hands on patient care training and I wrote about that in the description. I'm hoping between that other aspects of my application it'll be enough to get a secondary, and then be able to address it there with a scribe job. Fortunately I am a Texas resident which allows me to add any activity I plan to do by Oct 1st as a current activity so I'll be adding it there on TMDSAS, but that won't be possible for Baylor.

Your advice is much appreciated! My EMT clinicals did encompass hands on patient care training and I wrote about that in the description. I'm hoping between that other aspects of my application it'll be enough to get a secondary, and then be able to address it there with a scribe job. Fortunately I am a Texas resident which allows me to add any activity I plan to do by Oct 1st as a current activity so I'll be adding it there on TMDSAS, but that won't be possible for Baylor.
"EMT-B Training" as an activity name might not be enough to signal what you want adcomms to notice during a quick reading. Might you add to it to include a suggestion that it involved hands-on patient care?

Members don't see this ad :)
"EMT-B Training" as an activity name might not be enough to signal what you want adcomms to notice during a quick reading. Might you add to it to include a suggestion that it involved hands-on patient care?
I changed the title to "EMT-B Clinical Training" and listed it under "other" category as you earlier suggested. How does that sound?
edit: it was a 6 credit hour course taken at a community college over summer broken into a 5cr lecture and a 1cr p/f clinical rotations component. I'm only citing the clinical component hours in this activity if that clarifies anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
1) I changed the title to "EMT-B Clinical Training" and listed it under "other" category as you earlier suggested. How does that sound?

edit: it was a 6 credit hour course taken at a community college over summer broken into a 5cr lecture and a 1cr p/f clinical rotations component.

2) I'm only citing the clinical component hours in this activity if that clarifies anything.
1) Good.

2) Just what I'd have suggested.

I have been working as a Registered Nurse for about four weeks at a level I trauma center. My unit receives an incredibly diverse range of patients and in this short time, I have been challenged in ways I've never had before (patinets coding, high acuity, 7 to 1 ratio, etc.). I will be here for at least another year. I was thinking of making this one of my MM as I'm sure this will contribute to my personal growth tremedously. I have other clinical experiences that can take this spot that were of longer duration but I wanted to highlight this position. Any thoughts?

I have been working as a Registered Nurse for about four weeks at a level I trauma center. My unit receives an incredibly diverse range of patients and in this short time, I have been challenged in ways I've never had before (patinets coding, high acuity, 7 to 1 ratio, etc.). I will be here for at least another year. I was thinking of making this one of my MM as I'm sure this will contribute to my personal growth tremedously. I have other clinical experiences that can take this spot that were of longer duration but I wanted to highlight this position. Any thoughts?
That the experience has only been one month in duration does not take away from the importance of the impact it's had on you. Go for it.

That the experience has only been one month in duration does not take away from the importance of the impact it's had on you. Go for it.
Ok great, Thank you for all your help!

@Catalystik sorry to come back with another question. Do you think it would be bad for me to do two research experiences if I explain how they are different and taught me different things? Would that be unappealing to the regular MD prorgrams I am applying to?

Sorry I am just getting advice from every direction, people whose advice I really value have recommended I write about both research experiences.

@Catalystik sorry to come back with another question.
1) Do you think it would be bad for me to do two research experiences if I explain how they are different and taught me different things?
2) Would that be unappealing to the regular MD prorgrams I am applying to?

Sorry I am just getting advice from every direction, people whose advice I really value have recommended I write about both research experiences.
1) Do you have enough to say to address all three research-related essay areas (2 MM +1 Research essay) +one Why MD/PhD essays without being overly repetitive and including fresh material in each?

2) Would you say you are highly competitive stats-wise for MD/PhD programs? Are the MD-only programs you're applying to those that also have a research focus (rather than primary care, leadership in medicine, etc)? How many of each type of program are you applying to?

Last edited:
I found a typing error on my application that may potentially raise suspicion of dishonesty. Is it possible to request this to be fixed? (Application has been verified).

I combined two similar activities into one entry. On the hours box I wrote "(date range), 70 hours", meanwhile in the description, I provided the contact information and wrote "(date range), 60 hours". This was an honest typo/mistake, and I know 10 hours is negligible but I'm concerned it will raise red flags.

I found a typing error on my application that may potentially raise suspicion of dishonesty. Is it possible to request this to be fixed? (Application has been verified).

I combined two similar activities into one entry. On the hours box I wrote "(date range), 70 hours", meanwhile in the description, I provided the contact information and wrote "(date range), 60 hours". This was an honest typo/mistake, and I know 10 hours is negligible but I'm concerned it will raise red flags.
AMCAS will not correct an error like this, whether pre- or post-verification. And you are right, it is a negligible mistake, easily explained as a typo. It is not a red flag.

AMCAS will not correct an error like this, whether pre- or post-verification. And you are right, it is a negligible mistake, easily explained as a typo. It is not a red flag.

Thanks for the reassurance. Will I need to notify med schools of this or mention it anywhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
A place I volunteer (nonclinical) at has had a problem with their sign in system for a long time (like months), so about 80-100 or so hours went unrecorded. There’s an employee that can confirm the actual hours I was there, so would this be a problem if a school decides to verify my hours?

A place I volunteer (nonclinical) at has had a problem with their sign in system for a long time (like months), so about 80-100 or so hours went unrecorded. There’s an employee that can confirm the actual hours I was there, so would this be a problem if a school decides to verify my hours?
Why not use that employee as your confirmatory Contact rather than the volunteer office? Show them your log of hours and be sure you're in agreement in case they get a letter about you.

Why not use that employee as your confirmatory Contact rather than the volunteer office? Show them your log of hours and be sure you're in agreement in case they get a letter about you.

I was going to use him as my contact because there isn’t really a volunteer office. There’s an “event organizer” in the email I get when I sign up for shifts but I’ve never met the person once. I don’t even need to sign up sometimes and I can just walk in whenever I can.

I could show my hours by letting him see that tablet at the volunteer site. I might be overthinking this but should I leave them a copy of my hours? I don't know if I could since the software is pretty bare-bones so I don't know if I could print it.

I was going to use him as my contact because there isn’t really a volunteer office. There’s an “event organizer” in the email I get when I sign up for shifts but I’ve never met the person once. I don’t even need to sign up sometimes and I can just walk in whenever I can.

I could show my hours by letting him see that tablet at the volunteer site. I might be overthinking this but
1) should I leave them a copy of my hours?
2) I don't know if I could since the software is pretty bare-bones.
1) That sounds reasonable.

2) As a backup plan, what about making a print version of the hours you claimed and having that person sign off on it, as well as write their contact info there. You could keep it for a few years, as confirmation of activities doesn't generally happen until after matriculation.

Will it hurt if none of your MMEs are clinical?

I did some volunteer work with a church group back in 2013. we collected supplies from the community and made hot meals on thanksgiving morning. We then went out to areas where there was a prevalence of homeless individuals and served hot meals in addition to giving them the supplies. It was ~8 hrs in duration. I can't get in contact with any of the individuals I did this work with and can't remember the name of the church. Could I list myself? I have photographic evidence of myself engaging in the activity.

I did some volunteer work with a church group back in 2013. we collected supplies from the community and made hot meals on thanksgiving morning. We then went out to areas where there was a prevalence of homeless individuals and served hot meals in addition to giving them the supplies. It was ~8 hrs in duration. I can't get in contact with any of the individuals I did this work with and can't remember the name of the church. Could I list myself? I have photographic evidence of myself engaging in the activity.
Yes, go ahead and list it, using yourself as the Contact. But consider grouping it with some other short-term volunteerism that will make for a more-impactful number of total hours.

During a paid internship this past year to learn about the clinical research process, I had the opportunity to shadow non-research related clinic visits. While shadowing, I was allowed to remain clocked in thanks to my program and site advisors. Since these shadowing hours are also part of my overall internship entry, my separate "shadowing" experiences entry has significantly fewer total hours. Does the fact that my shadowing hours are split between entries matter (I.E. applicant reviewers will still see both entries and overall hours anyway)? Would it be better to include my shadowing hours from the internship in my overall shadowing entry and simply state these hours are part of the total hours listed from my internship? I want to provide information that helps clarify aspects of my application, but I do not want to misrepresent hours or come across as trying to "double dip".

Quick Example:
Internship - total hours 300 - (50 hours of shadowing)

Shadowing - total hours 30 hours (80 if shadowing from internship included)
- 30 hours in surgeries
- 50 hours shadowing neurologists in clinic (during the internship)

I have many other clinical exposures, physician interactions, patient interactions, etc., but my outright "shadowing" entry is low because those hours are part of other entries that are more appropriate to have separately.

I think application anxiety is just getting to me.... Thanks for the feedback!

During a paid internship this past year to learn about the clinical research process, I had the opportunity to shadow non-research related clinic visits. While shadowing, I was allowed to remain clocked in thanks to my program and site advisors. Since these shadowing hours are also part of my overall internship entry, my separate "shadowing" experiences entry has significantly fewer total hours.

1) Does the fact that my shadowing hours are split between entries matter (I.E. applicant reviewers will still see both entries and overall hours anyway)?
2) Would it be better to include my shadowing hours from the internship in my overall shadowing entry and simply state these hours are part of the total hours listed from my internship?

I want to provide information that helps clarify aspects of my application, but I do not want to misrepresent hours or come across as trying to "double dip".

Quick Example:
Internship - total hours 300 - (50 hours of shadowing)

Shadowing - total hours 30 hours (80 if shadowing from internship included)
- 30 hours in surgeries
- 50 hours shadowing neurologists in clinic (during the internship)

I have many other clinical exposures, physician interactions, patient interactions, etc., but my outright "shadowing" entry is low because those hours are part of other entries that are more appropriate to have separately.
1) It matters because when screeners are scoring your application, they will be looking for shadowing under a Shadowing tab and you don't want to take a chance that the extra 50 hours will be missed. Also, your lower hours as listed right now do not meet the minimum standard for those med schools that specify a certain number of hours.

2) I suggest you carve out the 50 shadowing hours from the internship and add them to the Shadowing entry with your other 30 clinical observation hours (so put an 80 for the Total Hours). In the Internship entry, subtract the 50 hours. You can mention that the experience "included shadowing of Neurologists (hours included elsewhere)."

1) That sounds reasonable.

2) As a backup plan, what about making a print version of the hours you claimed and having that person sign off on it, as well as write their contact info there. You could keep it for a few years, as confirmation of activities doesn't generally happen until after matriculation.

I volunteered again today and I can't print anything or access my hours anywhere other than the tablet. The best I can probably do is show him my hours and send him a picture of it. What exactly is enough for verification?

I volunteered again today and I can't print anything or access my hours anywhere other than the tablet. The best I can probably do is show him my hours and send him a picture of it. What exactly is enough for verification?
I think sending him a photo of the tablet with your recorded hours is fine, assuming your name is on the record. He could send it back with his name, title, and a statement of agreement and a date in a message. Could that work?

I am set to graduate with Summa Cum Laude status this summer (July 27). Is it worth mentioning in my awards/Recognitions section? The reason why I want to mention it is that I am a nontrad who did a A.S. nursing degree first. My nursing program had a high attrition rate with only 50% of the students completing the program (publically available data) while the ones who made it through got mostly C's. My B.S. in Bio is where my premed coursework really began and I have a 3.9 GPA.

I am set to graduate with Summa Cum Laude status this summer (July 27). Is it worth mentioning in my awards/Recognitions section? The reason why I want to mention it is that I am a nontrad who did a A.S. nursing degree first. My nursing program had a high attrition rate with only 50% of the students completing the program (publically available data) while the ones who made it through got mostly C's. My B.S. in Bio is where my premed coursework really began and I have a 3.9 GPA.
Until you have graduated and have that Summa Cum Laude designation on your diploma or your transcript, it is a future recognition that has not yet been conferred (as of this month). Did you plan to wait to submit until after you graduate? If not, don't list it. You can rely on your transcript information, that you've entered into the application program, to speak for itself and demonstrate that you excelled above and beyond in your recent coursework.

Until you have graduated and have that Summa Cum Laude designation on your diploma or your transcript, it is a future recognition that has not yet been conferred (as of this month). Did you plan to wait to submit until after you graduate? If not, don't list it. You can rely on your transcript information, that you've entered into the application program, to speak for itself and demonstrate that you excelled above and beyond in your recent coursework.
Okay Thank You!

I'm sorry if this has been asked but I would appreciate any feedback. I am a reapplicant and I'm planning on doing either a masters or SMP program this fall (low undergrad sGPA). I've been accepted to some programs but I'm still waiting to hear back from others before I commit to one. Should I list in my primary app that I will be planning on doing a masters/smp this fall or wait until secondary applications come out? My main concern is that I want to show that I am aware of my low gpa and am trying to improve it. Thanks in advance!

I am a reapplicant and I'm planning on doing either a masters or SMP program this fall (low undergrad sGPA). I've been accepted to some programs but I'm still waiting to hear back from others before I commit to one. Should I list in my primary app that I will be planning on doing a masters/smp this fall or wait until secondary applications come out? My main concern is that I want to show that I am aware of my low gpa and am trying to improve it.
You can't include an unknown school on your transcript. Where did you think to mention it on the Primary?

And I'm sure you must be aware that the primary benefit of GPA-repair program is after you've completed a full year with excellent grades. Have you considered waiting a year to apply again?

Few questions, would greatly appreciate any input.
  1. I have several positions where I continued volunteering for the same theme but under multiple coordinators in different states, years, etc. Should I include only the most recent coordinator or each of them? There is no single coordinator that knows my hours across all states.
  2. To go along with that, should I include the email for each physician I shadow or just the major ones that I write about in my essays/meaningful experiences?
  3. I am applying MD-PhD. Does the hours # I put on my publications and presentations activities matter if the hours on my Research experience 1 and 2 are accurate? I have multiple presentations and publications and estimated hours would be wildly inaccurate
I asked a member of the adcom for a school I am applying to and their summary was that contacts essentially don't matter, just include one per activity that describes the most important or main activity for that page. Is that accurate, or school specific? Their school was not top 20.

Thanks all.

Few questions, would greatly appreciate any input.
  1. I have several positions where I continued volunteering for the same theme but under multiple coordinators in different states, years, etc. Should I include only the most recent coordinator or each of them? There is no single coordinator that knows my hours across all states.
  2. To go along with that, should I include the email for each physician I shadow or just the major ones that I write about in my essays/meaningful experiences?
  3. I am applying MD-PhD. Does the hours # I put on my publications and presentations activities matter if the hours on my Research experience 1 and 2 are accurate? I have multiple presentations and publications and estimated hours would be wildly inaccurate
4. I asked a member of the adcom for a school I am applying to and their summary was that contacts essentially don't matter, just include one per activity that describes the most important or main activity for that page. Is that accurate, or school specific? Their school was not top 20.
1) Include the coordinator for the first position listed in the header and the other two in the narrative.
2) Include an email for at least the top three or the ones with the most hours that add up to at least 50. After that, you can summarize.
3) For Publications, most would enter a zero for total hours. For Presentations/Posters include the hours you stood next to the poster or on a podium. Preparation hours for each would be included in the total hours of the affiliated Research entry.
4) School specific. Some schools check everything. Some check if something looks suspicious or unlikely. Others are required to do spot checks at a minimum, to satisfy the requirements of the LCME (accrediting body).

1) Include the coordinator for the first position listed in the header and the other two in the narrative.
2) Include an email for at least the top three or the ones with the most hours that add up to at least 50. After that, you can summarize.
3) For Publications, most would enter a zero for total hours. For Presentations/Posters include the hours you stood next to the poster or on a podium. Preparation hours for each would be included in the total hours of the affiliated Research entry.
4) School specific. Some schools check everything. Some check if something looks suspicious or unlikely. Others are required to do spot checks at a minimum, to satisfy the requirements of the LCME (accrediting body).

Thank you! Very helpful.

You can't include an unknown school on your transcript. Where did you think to mention it on the Primary?

And I'm sure you must be aware that the primary benefit of GPA-repair program is after you've completed a full year with excellent grades. Have you considered waiting a year to apply again?
Thank you for your response! I was thinking of putting it in my work/activities section but I can see why I shouldn't as I haven't committed to one program yet. Most of the programs I applied to have a linkage program- and I figured if I'm going to send in my AMCAS app, I might as well add a few more schools and send them updates of my grades along the way. I would love to get your feedback on this strategy

Last edited:
1) I was thinking of putting it in my work/activities section but I can see why I shouldn't as I haven't committed to one program yet.
2) Most of the programs I applied to have a linkage program- and I figured if I'm going to send in my AMCAS app, I might as well add a few more schools and send them updates of my grades along the way. I would love to get your feedback on this strategy
1) Secondaries would be a good way to communicate the information if given an appropriate prompt.

2) On occasion, those engaging in an SMP get an acceptance after excellent fall grades (3.7+) are submitted to individual med schools. In my experience, this is only likely to happen if you had already begun your GPA repair in the last 1-1.5 years of college (3.7+ GPAs). Depending on your application GPAs (cGPA and BCPM GPA), one might run the risk of being rejected before fall grades can be submitted, for example, if either number is below a 3.0. Logically, this is more of a risk if a suitable Secondary prompt was not provided that allowed one to share the year's plan for GPA resuscitation. Old Secondary prompts can be reviewed via the School Specific Discussion Forum <2019.

Other schools that also sponsor an SMP are the most likely to give the greatest weight to the SMP grades you earn.

1) Secondaries would be a good way to communicate the information if given an appropriate prompt.

2) On occasion, those engaging in an SMP get an acceptance after excellent fall grades (3.7+) are submitted to individual med schools. In my experience, this is only likely to happen if you had already begun your GPA repair in the last 1-1.5 years of college (3.7+ GPAs). Depending on your application GPAs (cGPA and BCPM GPA), one might run the risk of being rejected before fall grades can be submitted, for example, if either number is below a 3.0. Logically, this is more of a risk if a suitable Secondary prompt was not provided that allowed one to share the year's plan for GPA resuscitation. Old Secondary prompts can be reviewed via the School Specific Discussion Forum <2019.

Other schools that also sponsor an SMP are the most likely to give the greatest weight to the SMP grades you earn.
That makes a lot of sense, thank you so much! I'll be strategic about my school list

For "Conferences Attended" I have an official regional weekend conference I can list, but would an American Chemical Society Conclave (an all day research, networking and career building workshop at a neighboring university) count too? or would this be padding?

I have 1 slot left I can fill, but don't water down my application.

Edit: I entered the posted I presented at the bigger regional conference already, followed by the conference title only. Did not talk about the actual conference
Using Conferences Attended spaces adds little value to your application unless you were a keynote speaker, received a major recognition, were an organizer, or held some other leadership role. If the conference gave you an opportunity to do a poster or podium presentation, that should be listed elsewhere tagged with a label where application screeners can easily find it (Presentations/Posters), and with the name of the conference included.

I don't see much point in listing educational/networking-session opportunities. If you had a life-altering experience that you yearn to relate in your med school application, though, by all means, go ahead if you feel it will positively affect your candidacy.

Last edited:
Using Conferences Attended spaces adds little value to your application unless you were a keynote speaker, received a major recognition, were an organizer, or held some other leadership role. If the conference gave you an opportunity to do a poster or podium presentation, that should be listed elsewhere tagged with a label where application screeners can easily find it (Presentations/Posters), and with the name of the conference included.

I don't see much point in listing educational/networking-session opportunities. If you had a life-altering experience that you yearn to relate in your med school application, though, by all means, go ahead if you feel it will positively affect your candidacy.
awesome, thanks!

A while back, I tried to open a business for creating websites, something that I sank 100s of hours into and learned a lot from. Unfortunately, I was not very monetarily successful, but I consider it a useful experience. Should I list it under my activities?
Yes. Even failures can provide good experiences to learn from.

What do adcoms think about lack of shadowing on the primary, but then adding/updating hours on the secondary, and then during interview if asked?
Shadowing is an essential activity, but one that can be completed very rapidly in large chunks of time. Why not hold off on applying so you can spend a week getting in forty hours of primary care physician shadowing to "check the box" so to speak?

I currently work as a technician in a research lab in a subject I enjoy at an academic hospital.

I have seen people make side comments here to the effect of "don't be a technician because you're just following orders and it doesn't count as research." But I have also seen people advised to spend gap years working in research labs. At my current position, I work with postdocs on 3 different RO1s that my PI came up with/got funded. Does this count as research even though I didn't go out and get my own fellowship and come up with my own projects? If I get any publications from my time in this lab, does that make it research? I did do more independent research in undergrad.
What is your role for these projects?
Have you read the grant proposals? Do you know the hypothesis and proposed methods to test them?
My roles are to keep track of 1000+ mice, genotype, assist post docs with immunohistochemistry, ELISAs, injections, takedowns, etc., be a part of troubleshooting discussions, mentor a high school intern, write manuscripts, and basically be the lab manager. My PI has so far been unsuccessful at finding a postdoc for one of the RO1s, so until further notice I will "lead" that project.

I have not read each RO1 word for word (I will get on this), though I know our hypotheses, how we plan to test them, and the previous results that lead to our current hypotheses. However, I had no part in designing the current grants. Neither did our current postdocs.
The point of "research" for a pre-med is to gain an understanding of the scientific method. Reading the grant proposals (and maybe some of the background papers) is a giant leap toward gaining a global understanding of the projects you're helping with, so that you could potentially discuss them in a knowledgable way with interviewers. You don't need your own project, though that is a plus. You don't need to write for grants, though that is a plus. You don't need to author a paper, but that is a plus, too. Aside from some of your mouse-wrangling duties, I'd call this a research experience. The more you provide creative input and troubleshoot, and the more you gain in responsibility, the better.

I have two papers currently and I will hopefully get a few other publications by the time I apply. Is it alright if I make publications their own category instead of putting them under my research experience activity? I've worked super hard on pubs and would like that to be seen. I am also planning to put research fellowships/awards/poster presentations in their own category instead of under my research experience activity. I'm applying for MD and don't think I will do these things justice if I just lump them all under my research activity. Is separating this out (even tho all of this came from work in a single lab) an ok thing to do?
For AMCAS, publications will be looked for under a Publications tab. Podium presentations or posters that took place off campus should be in a Presentations/Posters space. There is a category for awards and recognitions, too. Fellowships can be mentioned there or in a Research space if you have enough room. You can get more characters for description by designating an experience as Most Meaningful (the usual 700 +another 1325).

So for my awards, as a contact I listed registrar's office, but what first and last name do I put? I put "unknown" for both, not sure what else I can do. Any tips?

So for my awards, as a contact I listed registrar's office, but what first and last name do I put? I put "unknown" for both, not sure what else I can do. Any tips?
You can list the office as a Contact like this:

First name: Registrars
Last name: Office
Title: [name of your school (University of Arizona, eg)]
On the application it will print off as Contact Name & Title: Registrars Office, University of Arizona
You will still need to look up a phone number/email for the office.

Reactions: 1 users
Does being a Small Group Leader (Bible Study lead, etc.) count as Teaching/Tutoring/etc? Or should it be listed as Leadership-elsewhere?

Does being a Small Group Leader (Bible Study lead, etc.) count as Teaching/Tutoring/etc? Or should it be listed as Leadership-elsewhere?
If you are directly instructing other members of the congregation, label it Teaching. If you are the coordinator of other Bible Study facilitators (and don't personally instruct), then it's Leadership. If it were both, you have the choice of using the Teaching tag and including the leadership role in the name you give the activity or splitting the experience into two spaces, each with the appropriate tag and its own dates and total hours, taking care not to double count any hours. I wouldn't suggest the latter if the hours for each aren't strong enough to stand on their own.

Hi Catalystik,

I heeded your advice on truncating the author list and title of posters/presentations for fit.

Can you please confirm whether the following is acceptable? (I can't put the conference at the end of each poster, it'll be too long)

American Academy of Neurology, 01/2017

First author, Outcome of Clot Migration in tPA & Thrombectomy, presented by Bob Hill

Second author, Impact of Ictal Definition on Reperfusion, presented by Jack Bo MD

Second author, Effect of Clot Firmness on Recanalization, presented by Bob Hill

Second author, Hemorrhage Incidence in tPA & Integrilin therapy, presented by Bob Hill

Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology, 11/2016

Second author, Biplane versus Monoplane Angiography, presented by Bob Hill

First author, IV & IA Contrast on Incidence of CIN, presented by Bob Hill

Second author, Efficacy of Integrilin with Dichotomous Dosing Protocol, presented by Jack Bo MD
I like that you reordered it by an important parameter that would take too many spaces to include individually. Some "soft" suggestions:
-If you want to free up more characters, you might use 1st Author and 2nd Author as subcategories (and not spell out "First" and "Second."
-Is one of the presenters the PI who is listed as a Contact?
-For the other presenter, do you have space to add their authorship position?
-Under meeting #2, do you want to move your first-authored poster to the first postition?
-For the first-authored posters, can you fit more of the authorship lineup in the citation?
-Can you make your abbreviation "CIN" less obscure, since I doubt you mean it to be a gynecologic reference?

Play with it a bit more and see how it looks.

I like that you reordered it by an important parameter that would take too many spaces to include individually. Some "soft" suggestions:
-If you want to free up more characters, you might use 1st Author and 2nd Author as subcategories (and not spell out "First" and "Second."
-Is one of the presenters the PI who is listed as a Contact?
-For the other presenter, do you have space to add their authorship position?
-Under meeting #2, do you want to move your first-authored poster to the first postition?
-For the first-authored posters, can you fit more of the authorship lineup in the citation?
-Can you make your abbreviation "CIN" less obscure, since I doubt you mean it to be a gynecologic reference?

Play with it a bit more and see how it looks.
Thank you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.