OFFICIAL: Boston University Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goredsox

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all you BUSM waitlisters! May 15th is coming up, so I wanted to see what everyone has been up to. Quick question for you guys...have you been sending update information to your interviewer or the committee (and by email or by snail mail)? Because I've sent 2 or 3 letters to the committee by snail mail and I'm starting to think I should send them to my interviewer (some threads suggest that's best because the interviewer presents you to the committee). Also, does anyone have ANY information about if/when the waitlist is ranked, how many people are on it, how many are usually accepted, or if it has been moving...

Should we be making any calls to the admissions office or the dean? I've been too afraid to call so far.

GO RED SOX!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Go Red Sox,
I decided not to take part in the waitlist so I am definitely pulling for you to get in. I spoke with a few students when i interviewed back in November and they both got in off the waitlist. They just told me to continue to do what you are doing. Sending them info cannot hurt too much. BUT if you ever feel you are becoming excessive then you probably are:rolleyes:

I would suggest waiting to call just because both gys I poke to said they called in like June and were told over the phone that they were accepted. I dunno if that makes a difference but definitely wait until after the chaos of May 15. Best of Luck.

thanks for the info CRAZYTERP! I just called the admissions office. A lady there said correspondence could be sent to either the interviewer or the admissions office. If they receive any letters, they'll be sure to pass it to the committee. Also, no recent movement on the waitlist and none expected until June/July. The waitlist will not be ranked and no idea on how much movement there will be.

Slightly discouraging - I'm so tempted to reneg on the waitlist like CRAZYTERP and roll out to EVMS. Too bad I love Boston so much and that won't happen.

At least I know that when schools starts I'll have so much time on my hands to study because I won't be obsessing about applications and waitlists.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Red Sox were 0.5 games back of the Yankees last night for about an hour, so that's reason enough to BUMP this thread up...

Any info, at all, on the BU waitlist??

I called about a week ago, and BU said that people will not hear until July.

However, today I got a call from BU saying that I was taken off the waitlist and have been accepted!!! So that hearing by July is not true...

TGIFBOS,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I can't believe this, BU waitlist is moving! That is such great news! What all did you do, and when, since being waitlisted? Any information you have would be great.

You're gonna be in Boston, I'm so jealous! Maybe I'll see you there.

Go Sox

I called about a week ago, and BU said that people will not hear until July.

However, today I got a call from BU saying that I was taken off the waitlist and have been accepted!!! So that hearing by July is not true...

I think I am actually going to be going to Einstein.. I have until Tuesday to decide!! so many decisions.. so little time (which is funny, because I just got into a med. school on friday!!)

I did not do that much.. I think I just called a lot (maybe once a week or once every two weeks).. I actually think I got an interview because I called (they told me over the phone I got an interview).. and this is also true with Einstein!! So with some schools, it does not hurt to call (whereas with Columbia and Mount Sinia it does not help)..

Good luck to you guys! If I decline, it will be on Tuesday....

bumping this one for lakun

Thanks, GoBuffs!!!

i got off the waitlist two days ago. I interview in mid january. Hope you guys will get off too.

were either of you not home when they called? i wonder if they'll leave a message?
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They called my parent's house and then they called me (my parents told them the number). I also received an email saying that I should give them a call...

Members don't see this ad :)
they called home, I wasn't there, my parents gave me the number. Trying to work something out about that 500 dollar deposit. I dont' have that kinda money right now.

Hey ya'll - help me remember, what's the grading system at BU? I'm trying to find it in their red book and other info I've got, but no luck...

I'm hoping it's P/F.

It is pass/fail the first year. pass/honors/fail the second year, however if i end up going there i will try to lobby for pass/fail only in the second year also.

I just writing to tell you guys that I declined BU today... good luck to you all..

Yay tgifbos!!!! Good luck at Einstein! And go sox - 2.5 games up!!!!!!!

i'm accepted at tufts, but must let busm know by tomorrow morning whether i'm still interested. i'm struggling to weigh my options here, and would appreciate any information you could offer me. what impressed you most about bu? did you also consider tufts?

thanks!

anymore waitlist movement?

Got the call last week. I'm in at BU Med. Finally, after all that waiting; I'm going to be a physician.

Got in 5/29, they called my cell number then my parent's house cause I was out of the country till Monday. I'm kinda shocked! I thought this waitlist was a mile long....I've spent less than 48 hours in Boston total in my entire life....wow....:D :D :D

:clap:
I got in! The waistlist is still moving so don't lose hope if you are still waiting on BU. I got in June 20th.

okay,
don't trust the admissions personnel at BU. I called on June 20th and they said that the waitlist currently wasn't moving.:mad:

when does BU claim it will move?

drexel is doing the same thing. seems like people are getting in off the waitlist, but when you call, they say they aren't moving yet!

One thing I've learned from BU, definitely don't trust the admissions committee. Even though I withdrew my application, they offered me a spot last week. A lot of my friends have gotten off the waitlist there recently also, so it's definitely moving.

I don't know if this helps anyone but you have to realize that the person who answers the phone at the office ....just answers phones. Everytime I called before I got in, I heard the same story, "we are still currently reviewing files". She never asked my name which meant the Admissions committee did not know how interested I was. I had called almost every week since march.

I finally decided to write them. So I wrote a letter to Dean Witzburg and Dr. Edelin (my interviewer). I expressed my interest in the school, why i wanted to go there (I was very specific). What I intended to do. What I was bringing to BU as an individual. Well I got in a week after I sent the letter.

I don't know if I would have gotten in anyway but if you really want to go there, it would not hurt to write such letter.;)

Anyone have any recent news?