-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*
Started by tessellations
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
the hardest part about the ucsd autobiography was actually only writing 6,000 chars. I wrote a draft and I'm 5K over the limit lol.
I already know I'm gonna struggle with this one. Imagine what the more non traditional students must be doing with a bunch of extra years to talk about lol.
the hardest part about the ucsd autobiography was actually only writing 6,000 chars. I wrote a draft and I'm 5K over the limit lol.
Same. I had to really edit it down and leave out a lot. There are some significant things I basically only could write a sentence or two about because I didn’t have enough room.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it bad if I almost want to write UCSD's essay?
It was more fun than lots of shorter essays that’s for sure
Should have applied lol, non-Cali status asideIt was more fun than lots of shorter essays that’s for sure
following the lead of an earlier poster for Texas schools, here are the (17-18) first II release dates for schools on my list (in chronological order):
*Dell: July 28th (...but Dell has already started releasing interviews for this cycle!)
U. of Michigan: July 10th (always does Monday releases)
Chicago Pritzker: July 13th
U. of Pittsburgh: July 19th
NYU: July 25th
McGovern (UT Houston): August 1st
Yale: August 1st
USC Keck: August 2nd
UCSF: August 4th
Stony Brook: August 4th
Hopkins: August 8th
UT Southwestern: August 10th
Baylor: August 10th
UCSD: August 11th
Duke: August 11th
Columbia P&S: August 15th
Weill Cornell/Tri-I: August 18th
Stanford: August 21st
Harvard: August 22nd,
U. of Washington: August 28th
Northwestern (Feinberg): August 30th
Washington University St. Louis: August 31st
Penn (Perelman): September 5th
U. of Wisconsin: September 6th
UCLA (Geffen): September 11th
hope thats useful for some of u
*Dell: July 28th (...but Dell has already started releasing interviews for this cycle!)
U. of Michigan: July 10th (always does Monday releases)
Chicago Pritzker: July 13th
U. of Pittsburgh: July 19th
NYU: July 25th
McGovern (UT Houston): August 1st
Yale: August 1st
USC Keck: August 2nd
UCSF: August 4th
Stony Brook: August 4th
Hopkins: August 8th
UT Southwestern: August 10th
Baylor: August 10th
UCSD: August 11th
Duke: August 11th
Columbia P&S: August 15th
Weill Cornell/Tri-I: August 18th
Stanford: August 21st
Harvard: August 22nd,
U. of Washington: August 28th
Northwestern (Feinberg): August 30th
Washington University St. Louis: August 31st
Penn (Perelman): September 5th
U. of Wisconsin: September 6th
UCLA (Geffen): September 11th
hope thats useful for some of u
Last edited:
following the lead of an earlier poster for Texas schools, here are the (17-18) first II release dates for schools on my list (in chronological order):
*Dell: July 28th (...but Dell has already started releasing interviews for this cycle!)
U. of Michigan: July 10th (always does Monday releases)
Chicago Pritzker: July 13th
U. of Pittsburgh: July 19th
NYU: July 25th
McGovern (UT Houston): August 1st
Yale: August 1st
USC Keck: August 2nd
UCSF: August 4th
Stony Brook: August 4th
Hopkins: August 8th
UT Southwestern: August 10th
Baylor: August 10th
UCSD: August 11th
Duke: August 11th
Columbia P&S: August 15th
Weill Cornell/Tri-I: August 18th
Stanford: August 21st
Harvard: August 22nd,
U. of Washington: August 28th
Northwestern (Feinberg): August 30th
Washington University St. Louis: August 31st
Penn (Perelman): September 5th
U. of Wisconsin: September 6th
UCLA (Geffen): September 11th
hope thats useful for some of u
So if im not mistaken what youre saying is these schools wont be releasing secondaries until the dates next to them? Thanks
edit: or are these dates the first day that the schools will receive submitted secondaries?
So if im not mistaken what youre saying is these schools wont be releasing secondaries until the dates next to them? Thanks
edit: or are these dates the first day that the schools will receive submitted secondaries?
II = Interview Invite. Secondaries started coming out June 29th and 3 weeks earlier for TX.
II = Interview Invite. Secondaries started coming out June 29th.
LOL. wow thank you for clarifying. I think ive gone years thinking II meant secondary for some reason.
LOL. wow thank you for clarifying. I think ive gone years thinking II meant secondary for some reason.
so many ppl do the same! It's an easy mistake.
So that's when they start to notify people of interviews, not when they actually have an interview day correct?so many ppl do the same! It's an easy mistake.
Also about to take casper in 30 minutes, can't wait to get this over with and get back to focusing on secondaries.
So that's when they start to notify people of interviews, not when they actually have an interview day correct?
yes
Also about to take casper in 30 minutes, can't wait to get this over with and get back to focusing on secondaries.
I'm taking it with you. 10 more minutes. I wish we could just start it already.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just took CASPer. Wow.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol very skeptical of schools gleaming any useful info from thisJust took CASPer. Wow.
lol most of it felt very repetitive to me with slightly different scenarios. Only one of them sort of tripped me up but rest was just annoying that it was even required. My slow typing only affected me on one or two prompts.Just took CASPer. Wow.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol very skeptical of schools gleaming any useful info from this
You are a student and you notice your friend is very stressed from the application process of applying to medical school. He has just learned that his application now requires a useless test that is designed to siphon his money and waste his time, and you know he has gone through financial problems in the past. He asks you for advice.
1. Would you tell him to take the test, why or why not?
2. Is it fair for a third party company to foist a silly assessment onto already stressed students just to make money?
3. Would your advice change if you knew the student would do poorly on the assessment?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol very skeptical of schools gleaming any useful info from this
They can probably different between weirdos and normies. That’s probably it. Although the director of admissions at UIC I think has said that higher CASPer scores correlate with better interview performance.
lol most of it felt very repetitive to me with slightly different scenarios. Only one of them sort of tripped me up but rest was just annoying that it was even required. My slow typing only affected me on one or two prompts.
Yeah, it was extremely repetitive.
Thanks. My committee has yet to send in my letters [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] so I know I'll definetly be in the later batches of IIs.following the lead of an earlier poster for Texas schools, here are the (17-18) first II release dates for schools on my list (in chronological order):
*Dell: July 28th (...but Dell has already started releasing interviews for this cycle!)
U. of Michigan: July 10th (always does Monday releases)
Chicago Pritzker: July 13th
U. of Pittsburgh: July 19th
NYU: July 25th
McGovern (UT Houston): August 1st
Yale: August 1st
USC Keck: August 2nd
UCSF: August 4th
Stony Brook: August 4th
Hopkins: August 8th
UT Southwestern: August 10th
Baylor: August 10th
UCSD: August 11th
Duke: August 11th
Columbia P&S: August 15th
Weill Cornell/Tri-I: August 18th
Stanford: August 21st
Harvard: August 22nd,
U. of Washington: August 28th
Northwestern (Feinberg): August 30th
Washington University St. Louis: August 31st
Penn (Perelman): September 5th
U. of Wisconsin: September 6th
UCLA (Geffen): September 11th
hope thats useful for some of u
Edit: If I recieve any that is.
I feel your pain. Im waiting on a committee letter that's supposed to be done in august. Nothing we can do but get everything else done and wait [emoji30]. Bright side is I don't feel rushed about getting my secondaries inThanks. My committee has yet to send in my letters [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] so I know I'll definetly be in the later batches of IIs.
Edit: If I recieve any that is.
You are a student and you notice your friend is very stressed from the application process of applying to medical school. He has just learned that his application now requires a useless test that is designed to siphon his money and waste his time, and you know he has gone through financial problems in the past. He asks you for advice.
1. Would you tell him to take the test, why or why not?
2. Is it fair for a third party company to foist a silly assessment onto already stressed students just to make money?
3. Would your advice change if you knew the student would do poorly on the assessment?
****ing lmao
They can probably different between weirdos and normies. That’s probably it. Although the director of admissions at UIC I think has said that higher CASPer scores correlate with better interview performance.
Yeah, it was extremely repetitive.
I will believe that it correlates well with one's ability to fake the personality they need to get on with management
Just took CASPer....yeah I'm not even going to start
Yep. Took it earlier today. Just. Wow. Really did not need to be 8 versions of the same scenario.Just took CASPer....yeah I'm not even going to start
Yep. Took it earlier today. Just. Wow. Really did not need to be 8 versions of the same scenario.
CASPeR: "Are you a friggin Narc?"
Me, robotically: "Yes."
CASPeR: "Are you a friggin Narc?"
Me, robotically: "Yes."
CASPer: Your friend's daughter is dying of cancer, and he can't afford her treatments on his minimum wage job, so he takes the extra food home with him instead of throwing it out. You catch him one night as you walk out the back door. This is a violation of company policy. He says he does it so he doesn't have to spend as much money on food and can put it towards her chemo. Do you report him?
Me: No, because I'm not a heartless pers--I mean, yes. Of course. Rules are rules. If he wanted to afford his daughter's chemo, he should have gotten a better job. It's not my fault his daughter has cancer and he's stealing. How dare he ask me to lie.
CASPer: Your friend's daughter is dying of cancer, and he can't afford her treatments on his minimum wage job, so he takes the extra food home with him instead of throwing it out. You catch him one night as you walk out the back door. This is a violation of company policy. He says he does it so he doesn't have to spend as much money on food and can put it towards her chemo. Do you report him?
Me: No, because I'm not a heartless pers--I mean, yes. Of course. Rules are rules. If he wanted to afford his daughter's chemo, he should have gotten a better job. It's not my fault his daughter has cancer and he's stealing. How dare he ask me to lie.
Edit: stuff I shouldn't talk about
Last edited:
Thunder Thighs
Full Member
I actually had a question that sounded awfully similar to this but without the cancer lol. Did you have a question that dealt with deserted islands on yours? That caught me off guard. I was like wtf is this. I have to admit that one was more fun to respond to though.
I took it today as well and had that same question! Do they administer the same exam to everyone taking it at the same time? The exam overall felt like a waste of time since I didn't feel like I would really do a lot of the things I said in the scenarios.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually had a question that sounded awfully similar to this but without the cancer lol. Did you have a question that dealt with deserted islands on yours? That caught me off guard. I was like wtf is this. I have to admit that one was more fun to respond to though.
Yes. Just FYI, you aren't supposed to talk about actual questions and can get in trouble. I know they scour Reddit and DM people who talk about the questions, so I'm assuming they have people on here too. But yes, we probably had the same test.
Yes. Just FYI, you aren't supposed to talk about actual questions and can get in trouble. I know they scour Reddit and DM people who talk about the questions, so I'm assuming they have people on here too. But yes, we probably had the same test.
Oops, thanks for the warning. Edited my message
AMCAS primary still in limbo because of FAP, only
I'm still waiting on my appeal to FAP to go through before I can turn in my AMCAS primary 😡 Starting to feel the pressure.
But I've got no excuse for my TMDSAS application. Just too slow with them secondaries...
I feel your pain. Im waiting on a committee letter that's supposed to be done in august. Nothing we can do but get everything else done and wait [emoji30]. Bright side is I don't feel rushed about getting my secondaries in
I'm still waiting on my appeal to FAP to go through before I can turn in my AMCAS primary 😡 Starting to feel the pressure.
But I've got no excuse for my TMDSAS application. Just too slow with them secondaries...
You may want to consider just shelling out the $200 to get yourself in the verification que if it takes much longer on the FAP appealAMCAS primary still in limbo because of FAP, only
I'm still waiting on my appeal to FAP to go through before I can turn in my AMCAS primary 😡 Starting to feel the pressure.
But I've got no excuse for my TMDSAS application. Just too slow with them secondaries...
I was literally about to make a post on here about being done with all the secondaries in my inbox and immediately received another one XD
I was literally about to make a post on here about being done with all the secondaries in my inbox and immediately received another one XD
I’d like to get a second one lol.
Unfortunately, whether or not I get FAP will decide what schools I apply to. Since it covers 16 schools ($700~800) and can't be applied retroactively, I'm trying to hold off a bit.You may want to consider just shelling out the $200 to get yourself in the verification que if it takes much longer on the FAP appeal
Financial situation at home isn't the greatest, but I've got some money set aside if it doesn't get approved by the end of tomorrow. (Appeals take 5-7 business days, and tomorrow would be Day 7)
I'm currently sitting on 9 😱 That's what I get for leaving for the weekend with no internet access!I was literally about to make a post on here about being done with all the secondaries in my inbox and immediately received another one XD
Added primaries to my (hopefully) last 9 schools...$351 later....didn't think it'd be this painful lol
Still considering 1 more school because they emailed me, but I think my bank account is asking for mercy
Still considering 1 more school because they emailed me, but I think my bank account is asking for mercy

Anyone know how long is too long to wait before submitting a secondary? I've been getting swamped with work and have not been able to work on them as much as I'd like. I've gotten most of the first round complete and this week will be the end of the second week but the new ones that just came in may take me closer to 3 weeks to get all of them out. Do schools really pay attention to how long it took you to submit?
Anyone know how long is too long to wait before submitting a secondary? I've been getting swamped with work and have not been able to work on them as much as I'd like. I've gotten most of the first round complete and this week will be the end of the second week but the new ones that just came in may take me closer to 3 weeks to get all of them out. Do schools really pay attention to how long it took you to submit?
Wondering this too...I've been waiting on one final letter before I submit a couple secondaries I already received.
Anyone know how long is too long to wait before submitting a secondary? I've been getting swamped with work and have not been able to work on them as much as I'd like. I've gotten most of the first round complete and this week will be the end of the second week but the new ones that just came in may take me closer to 3 weeks to get all of them out. Do schools really pay attention to how long it took you to submit?
Our advisor said they do, but I feel like as long as it’s before the deadline, that probably could only hurt you if you’re really borderline anyway.
Lol just found this thread. Who else is excited to be the guinea pig class in how medical schools respond to all the AAMC/AMCAS policy changes? -_-
I was very grateful that I had almost all of those essays prewritten and ready to go. It was definitely nice to get a couple days of vacation in between working on secondaries, but had I not prewritten or had I been gone much longer, I would have been in trouble!This is why I tell everyone: applying to medical school is a fulltime job start in May and going thru September. Then its on call until April. And people wonder why am so against spending your application year outside of the country
I was only gone for 48 hours and I was feeling some pressure. I can't imagine how some people do this from another country!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're actually the one that convinced me to not go abroad during my cycle in an older thread and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made [emoji23]. Bless and thank you!!! [emoji119] [emoji119] [emoji119]This is why I tell everyone: applying to medical school is a fulltime job start in May and going thru September. Then its on call until April. And people wonder why am so against spending your application year outside of the country
This is why I tell everyone: applying to medical school is a fulltime job start in May and going thru September. Then its on call until April. And people wonder why am so against spending your application year outside of the country
I will potentially be out of the country for a 3-4 week period sometime in the winter. Will that be an issue? I have communicated this to schools when asked on secondaries but don't know if there is anything else I should be doing. Should I send an email notifying all medical schools about this (the ones that didn't ask for this information on secondaries)?
I will potentially be out of the country for a 3-4 week period sometime in the winter. Will that be an issue? I have communicated this to schools when asked on secondaries but don't know if there is anything else I should be doing. Should I send an email notifying all medical schools about this (the ones that didn't ask for this information on secondaries)?
I wouldn’t until you’re offered an II.
I wouldn’t until you’re offered an II.
That is what I am thinking as well. No point in informing schools about this if it won't matter for the vast majority of them.
But wondering if an adcom has a differing viewpoint/recommendation based on past experiences.
Three of my schools screen, and my mcat isn’t out until July 31. The other three don’t screen, and I’ve already submitted two of them. The third said secondaries will come out next week. So, yeah. Just kind of sitting around at this point lol.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 569