*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is what I am thinking as well. No point in informing schools about this if it won't matter for the vast majority of them.

But wondering if an adcom has a differing viewpoint/recommendation based on past experiences.
That was my reasoning exactly.

Members don't see this ad.

Finally got a response from FAP, and they said they never got my appeal in the first place. At least everything SEEMS to be working out now, but I have to submit more supplementary documents and wait even longer for them to confirm.

Fingers crossed $700+ is worth the wait :hungover:

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got a response from FAP, and they said they never got my appeal in the first place. At least everything SEEMS to be working out now, but I have to submit more supplementary documents and wait even longer for them to confirm.

Fingers crossed $700+ is worth the wait :hungover:

Yeah, yikes. That sucks dude. Saying a prayer for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Virginia checking in here.

An ounce of luck is worth a pound of performance- wishing you all some of the luck this year!

done with Duke secondary! What a marathon that was.
just about to start that one :confused:, I'm more than halfway through all my secondaries though so I guess that's the bright side. (three of my schools don't have essays and I have 2 done just waiting to review and submit on top of the ones in my sig)

just about to start that one :confused:, I'm more than halfway through all my secondaries though so I guess that's the bright side. (three of my schools don't have essays and I have 2 done just waiting to review and submit on top of the ones in my sig)

good luck! As much as I want to be angry at Duke for making me write 8 essays, I think they might actually be my best work.

So glad I’m not applying to duke lol. Hopkins and UCSD were bad enough.

I actually just knocked out hopkins today and they weren't too bad... Besides the annoyance of reinputting my amcas of course. But I also had 13 other secondaries worth of essays to pull parts from since they're all overlapping lol

I actually just knocked out hopkins today and they weren't too bad... Besides the annoyance of reinputting my amcas of course. But I also had 13 other secondaries worth of essays to pull parts from since they're all overlapping lol

Yeah. It was just like every possible version of secondary questions: adversity/diversity/what makes you special/rewarding experience lol.

I can see the light at the end of the secondary tunnel! I think secondaries rival the MCAT in terms of the mental exhaustion by the time you get to the end :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! I’m still waiting on a few to arrive
I have 3 that I'm waiting on still, but that's a lot better than 23! I don't know how you're staying on top of your secondaries so well, those M.D./Ph.D. secondaries are looooooooong.

I have 3 that I'm waiting on still, but that's a lot better than 23! I don't know how you're staying on top of your secondaries so well, those M.D./Ph.D. secondaries are looooooooong.
Hehe no kidding. Im regular MD but didn't have time to pre-write so it's been a struggle keeping up. At this point I dread seeing more secondaries in my inbox

I can see the light at the end of the secondary tunnel! I think secondaries rival the MCAT in terms of the mental exhaustion by the time you get to the end :p

I have only gotten 2 secondaries and 2 emails saying that they screen, and I’ll get one if I get one lol. I have them all prewritten, but I don’t have anything else to submit.

I have only gotten 2 secondaries and 2 emails saying that they screen, and I’ll get one if I get one lol. I have them all prewritten, but I don’t have anything else to submit.
Honestly, I think I might prefer that. It's a bit nerve-wracking to have a bunch of secondaries submitted and see other people getting interviews from those schools while you hang out "under review".

(and yes, I do recognize that it's way too early to be worried about this, but I reserve the right to be a nutball during this process!)

Honestly, I think I might prefer that. It's a bit nerve-wracking to have a bunch of secondaries submitted and see other people getting interviews from those schools while you hang out "under review".

(and yes, I do recognize that it's way too early to be worried about this, but I reserve the right to be a nutball during this process!)

You wouldn’t. Think about it. I only have 2 chances for an II right now. I know I’m getting one, but the other one is Hopkins, so I’m probably looking at a straight R from them.

You wouldn’t. Think about it. I only have 2 chances for an II right now. I know I’m getting one, but the other one is Hopkins, so I’m probably looking at a straight R from them.
Fair point. I think I'll just go with the theory that the application process is equally stressful for just about everyone :p

Fair point. I think I'll just go with the theory that the application process is equally stressful for just about everyone :p

Dealing with the anxiety and neuroticism is harder than I imagined before I applied. Every day I don’t receive another secondary my brain is like “the other schools talked to this one and told them not to bother”. And countless other irrational thoughts.

Dealing with the anxiety and neuroticism is harder than I imagined before I applied. Every day I don’t receive another secondary my brain is like “the other schools talked to this one and told them not to bother”. And countless other irrational thoughts.

I'm the opposite, everyday I don't get a secondary I thank God for giving me more time to focus on the ones I haven't finished yet :D

Reactions: 2 users
that's a good attitude. So easy to become impatient and anxious.

I'm definitely getting a bit anxious everytime I see someone got an interview at a school I applied to lol so I know how you feel but secondaries wise I'm more than happy to wait on.

How many people are getting IIs already? It’s so early lol.

U Chicago, university of Michigan, and usc have all started sending them out from what I've seen. I'm complete at 2 of these 3 so it's been making me anxious everytime I see more going out haha. Most of my other schools don't start till later though.

U Chicago, university of Michigan, and usc have all started sending them out from what I've seen. I'm complete at 2 of these 3 so it's been making me anxious everytime I see more going out haha. Most of my other schools don't start till later though.

Yeah, that would get me too lol.

Texas does everything like a month earlier. I think all but Baylor/UTSW/McGovern have begun to send IIs. Long hasn’t sent any out either but I suspect that will change soon.

Yeah I knew tx was earlier. I lived there for a few years but didn’t even bother with tmdsas since I’m not a resident anymore.

Temple and Tulane have started sending invites as well.

Don't forget Miami
Yeah. I did Miami and UCF. The essays didn't even overlap. I'm so happy I pre-wrote Miami. UCF still holds the record for this cycle of the most time I spent on a secondary.
I'm the opposite, everyday I don't get a secondary I thank God for giving me more time to focus on the ones I haven't finished yet :D
So. true. I had a 5-day vacation last week with no internet or phone access. I purchased dialup-speed WiFi for 2 days so I could work on secondaries abroad. I did maybe 2 of them since I was so busy. I think I received 10 secondaries during that time, maybe more. I'm so glad I limited my school list down before submitting the primary.

How many schools have you guys applied to? I was originally planning on only 15-20 (the general recommendation) but then some people convinced me to apply to more since it’s getting so competitive nowadays. I ended up applying to 30 lmao. I hope to god I get in somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How many schools have you guys applied to? I was originally planning on only 15-20 (the general recommendation) but then some people convinced me to apply to more since it’s getting so competitive nowadays. I ended up applying to 30 lmao. I hope to god I get in somewhere.

29. S/o out to FAP and TMDSAS being cheap lol.

Reactions: 1 users

I'm applying to 26 instead of my original plan of 15 due to liking too many schools . I'm paying it all myself without FAP and really regretting applying to so many. I've been working extra shifts to try to cover the cost, leaving little extra time for writing secondaries. I guess it will be worth it if I can get another II or 2 out of the extra 11 apps

I was planning on doing 25 but then my dad told me to add like 10 reaches he wanted me to apply to lol:rofl:

Secondary season is gonna suck. Looking to submit by Thursday so I can get this process started.

honestly I'm freaking out that even though I applied to like 22 schools I will get zero interviews and zero acceptances.... This is so stressful and I'm not even done with secondaries :depressed:

honestly I'm freaking out that even though I applied to like 22 schools I will get zero interviews and zero acceptances.... This is so stressful and I'm not even done with secondaries :depressed:
I'm glad I'm not the only one with these thoughts!

It's amazing how stressful this process is.

imposter syndrome x 100000
I'd never really thought about it like that, but that's exactly what it is. Now if only my MCAT study guides had taught me how to fix imposter syndrome, not just what it is!

I can't believe we're now a year out from applying! Absolutely crazy. I feel like there's still so much for me to do (like take the MCAT in August among other things). Time just keeps flying by so fast.
hey would you mind suggesting the befit of taking the mcat august 2018 vs Jan 2019? I was thinkong of the latter but would love to hear your thoughts

Finally got qualified for FAP after nearly a month and a half in limbo, so now I can submit my AMCAS primary (with 16 free schools) and drown in even more secondaries because I haven't yet finished my Texas ones. Woo!

I'm getting close enough to being done that I just want my last secondary to arrive so I can be done with them for good *coughwaitingonyouStanfordcough*

Is that better?
:lol:Before it looked mad stressed and I felt sorry for it but now it just looks like it needs a nice cage in a psychiatric ward. I assume that avatar is supposed to look happy now, (right?) but it just looks creepy and weird.

:lol:Before it looked mad stressed and I felt sorry for it but now it just looks like it needs a nice cage in a psychiatric ward. I assume that avatar is supposed to look happy now, (right?) but it just looks creepy and weird.
I mean, to be honest, it's probably a fairly accurate representation of how most of us are feeling right about now! :laugh: