*Official* "IM Interviews Offered" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted ERAS and 4 LoRs on 9/18 and have received interviews from UTSW and UMDNJ-RWJ so far.

Anyone else apply to NYU? They are the only program that hasn't downloaded my application and documents yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Georgetown is offering categorical as well...NYU hasn't touched my app either...and if they don't at all, I won't be too surprised.

souljah1 said:
Submitted ERAS and 4 LoRs on 9/18 and have received interviews from UTSW and UMDNJ-RWJ so far.

Anyone else apply to NYU? They are the only program that hasn't downloaded my application and documents yet.

I submitted on 9/4 w/ 2 letters. 0 interviews...though I'm not worried yet, nobody has posted an interview at a place I have applied too, nor has anyone at my school got an interview at any of those places. Though my friends applying to other specialities are racking up interviews. Do you guys think big IM programs are slower simply because they have way more apps to go through. Or do you think many programs wait for the MSPE letter? Or both?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure. I haven't spoken to many of my classmates also applying in IM about interviews. Many are still finishing up their applications to submit. No one on this board has mentioned an invite from a 'top' program. I definitely wouldn't worry yet. It is still pretty early in the game. From what I hear, October is much more active.

Friends that are now interns mentioned that they received a bunch of interviews from competitive programs prior to the dean's letter going out, and I've heard that the dean's letter isn't all that important b/c it is pretty much a reiteration of what they can already determine from other components of the application.

Best of luck.

Submitted ERAS & 3 LOR on 9/21. NYU has also not downloaded my application, same goes for Baylor and Duke. I'm assuming certain programs just like to wait until later in the season when they know more of our info will be available to them, but who knows...

Received my first interview today: UT Southwestern

My stats:
AOA at Top 30 school
Step 1: 256
Step 2: not till Feb
Honors: Medicine Sub-I, Ambulatory, Psych, Peds
High Pass: Medicine Clerkship, Surgery, Ob/Gyn, Neuro
Significant research experience, 3 presentations, no publications

Hope this is helpful!

-BBB

Edit: Just noticed Baylor downloaded my app today - just 2 left now

New Hanover Regional Medical Center
offered interview today 9/27

souljah1 said:
Not sure. I haven't spoken to many of my classmates also applying in IM about interviews. Many are still finishing up their applications to submit. No one on this board has mentioned an invite from a 'top' program. I definitely wouldn't worry yet. It is still pretty early in the game. From what I hear, October is much more active.

Best of luck.

UTSW is a top program, congrats!

Interviews so far

Lutheran General, Chicago - 9/20
KUMC - 9/20
UIC - 9/20
Medical College of Georgia - 9/21
Bridgeport Hospital (Yale) - 9/22
Scott and White, TAMU - 9/23
SLU - 9/26
Cook County - 9/26

Adding on University of Michigan

Interviews so far:

University of South Florida, Tampa
University of Florida, Gainesville
Carolinas Medical Center
Wake Forest
St. Joseph, Ann Arbor, MI
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ

Mossjoh :D

hey all....i FINALLY got an interview....yes, yes....I know....it's early, but c'mon....every one out there reading this thread is thinking the same thing....and it also feels good to get atleast one under your belt...

i realize that majority of them won't be coming (if at all :scared: :scared: ) until october or november, so i am not worried at all, but it was good to see atleast 1 place give me an interview so far....

oh yeah....it's nassau university medical center....

and just checked again....UMDNJ Newark (someplace that I really would like to go too!!)

First rejection- Moses Cone in Greensboro, N.C., notified by email.

3 interviews so far...KUMC, UIC, Albert Einstein--Philly. I sure wish I could stop checking my e-mail.

Univ. of Missouri-Columbia

Still waiting on all the others (like everyone else)...

Members don't see this ad :)
Guthrie/Robert Packer Hospital is offering interviews via Email.

Only Thursdays, available dates are: October 13, October 20, October 27, November 10, December 8, December 15, January 5 and January 12

Interviews are throughout, was not able to get a list off all dates, but the first available is 10/14/05 and continues through January. I know not much help, sorry, I will try harder next time (if there is a next time)...

to ensure that at least you will get ranked by somebody? 8? 10? I have 4 interviews, 1 rejection, but at least another 15 apps still pending. Do things look ok for me? :scared:

GW
UIC
penn state (but then I go there :) )
UCI
UCSF/Fresno
Univ of Arizona
Temple
Univ of Wisconsin
Loyola

Add Cleveland Clinic Florida

University of South Florida, Tampa
University of Florida, Gainesville
Carolinas Medical Center
Wake Forest
St. Joseph, Ann Arbor, MI
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
Cleveland Clinic, Weston, FL

Mossjoh

mossjoh

wow you are racking up the interviews!!....quick q: how long after submitting your app did you hear from ann harbor? i have yet to hear from them either way....thanks

The UC Irvine School of Medicine, Categorical Track, started to offer interviews today. Interviews are on Tuesdays and Thursday, starting in November and ending in mid-January. Of course, I am a student at the school so this probably helps!

Hey Y'all,

I'm finishing my sub-I today!! :D Yippie! Back to the land of the living.

So far: Interviews at: Carolinas
MCV-VCU
Winthrop LI
Maimonides
Kaiser Oakland

Just got a rejection from GW today. :(

now that I have more time, I'll probably be wearing out my computer checking obsessively like everyone else!

Best of luck to you all! :luck:

just curious...do rejections come by snail mail or email?

got an interview from umdnj-newark on monday! now if only nyc programs will hurry up....

UVA by email, dates open below:

November 14 November 17 November 21 November 28 December 1 December 5 December 8 December 12 December 15 December 19 January 5 January 9
January 12 January 16 January 19 January 23 January 26

There you have it...

Just heard from U of Michigan, Ann Arbor a few days ago. Took a few weeks. I submitted Sept. 2.

Mossjoh

Sac, congrats on the invites. Q for you..When did you submit? I haven't applied to any of the programs you have mentioned so far (except for utsw), but just want to get a sense of the average turn around time.

You doing categorical, primary care, or prelim?

Certainly interesting to hear some of the interviews that have been given out thus far to places I have applied to havent been received an offer yet ;) I, too, applied to many programs.

I just keep telling myself "its not even mid-October yet" lol.

Interviews so far: UIC, Temple
9/30/05- adding U of Colorado, UC-Irvine

Pending but others are are receving interviews for: Ann Arbor, Cornell

Rejections thus far: 0 (*fingers crossed*)

sacrament said:
and today, Virginia and [size=-1]NewYork-Presbyterian/Cornell[/size]

are all your letters in?

Got an interview from Univ of Virgina, Charlottesville today.

sacrament said:
My Chairman's letter isn't in yet.

Interestingly, I got a flood of invites shortly after I released my Step 2 score, which was good.

good for you dude! Wish you the best...!!! I'm rooting for you sac

sacrament said:
My Chairman's letter isn't in yet.

Interestingly, I got a flood of invites shortly after I released my Step 2 score, which was good.

Congrats! BTW you are the first person to post an interview to a place I applied to...gotta admit makes me nervous, now if I only did that darn medicine sub I...

it seems like the interviews are only given out in the beginning of the week and not towards the end....probably b/c "they" :scared: :scared: are shifting through mounds of applications during the rest of the week and sending for invites in the beginning....

guess next monday and tuesday I'll be checking ERAS q10 min! (please....please....no rejections....no rejections....STOP!!!!!!) :cool: :)

yes...I'm an old skool "press your luck" junky!!

Got St. Lukes Roosevelt today...i wasn't expecting anything today either. Got a rejection from GW yesterday though, which is a pretty un-awesome feeling.

Lar

sacrament said:
and today, Virginia and [size=-1]NewYork-Presbyterian/Cornell[/size]

Sac,
Congrats!
Did Cornell contact you via your ERAS message box, or solely by direct email?

ALF

Finally go an interview today! Submitted eras 09/22.

Univ. California-Irvine!!! Yay!!! Interview date: Nov. 11-Jan 19th!

Venom

Sacr, good for you getting Iowa. I'd really like to interview at that program but no word yet. My Step 1 score was weak and that's probably hurting me right now.

Add Abbott Northwestern in Minneapolis to the list of offered interviews. (community hospital)

Here's my list so far- UIC, Drexel, UMDNJ-Newark, GW, UC Irvine

If you got interviews, can you state which track you are doing? (categorical, primary care, or others)

Thanks from everyone else on this board. :)

Add my alma mater to the list, got the invite today (categorical). All 3 invites have been via email with no indication on ERAS.

UMDNJ-RWJ (9/20)
UTSW (9/26)
UCSF (9/30)

souljah1 said:
Add my alma mater to the list, got the invite today (categorical). All 3 invites have been via email with no indication on ERAS.

UMDNJ-RWJ (9/20)
UTSW (9/26)
UCSF (9/30)

Congrats!

Adding Colorado. Received invite at 4pm today. I did not expect anything so late in the week, either, so it was quite a surprise! Nice way to start the weekend. I applied only for categorical tracks.

UTSW (9/26) - e-mail only
Colorado (9/30) - e-mail + ERAS message box

Emory last week
UCSF today.

Got Ohio State and Hennepin (MN) on 9/30!

sacrament said:
Adding Utah, by snail mail.

Michigan, Iowa, Wake Forest, Colorado, Georgetown, UT-Southwestern, Virginia, [size=-1]NewYork-Presbyterian/Cornell, Utah
[/size]

Why on earth did you apply to wake forest or utah, interesting selection of programs...

sacrament said:
This is actually the only program so far that has contacted me via snail mail, if you can imagine.

Shoot. I'm on an away rotation and had to take the risk of missing snail mail since I live alone. Applying for peds though, so I sure hope their department does things differently (I'd *really* love a Cornell invite).

sacrament said:
A fair number of people from my school have gone to Utah for IM over the past couple of years, and they are all very happy with it. My clerkship director recommended Wake Forest as a lower-tier "safety school" because he feels that while it isn't super-competitive, it's clinically very strong and probably underrated.
And like I said earlier, I applied to too many programs.

interesting good to know? have some of you noticed something really phisy? I have couple of friends applying this year, and some of them have gotten interviews from schools which according to freida don't start interviewing until november? one of the girls I know, already has 7 interviews from new york schools and 5 of them are in the month of october?! how does that work?

these are all good to know when I apply next year...I'm wondering if some of these institutions are not being as honest as they claim to be...for example, sending invitations via snail mail so there would be no record of it on ERAS....so at the end of the day, the program could claim that they interviewed less applicants and make them seem more competitive...

I'm so cynical...have you guys noticed that...I was looking through freida and there are very few schools that offer interviews in October...whats even more strange that some program directors met with her in september! of course, mind you she has like a 185 on her step 1, and a 220 on her step 2...

Adding mine so far for Categorical:
Drexel, Case Western, MU Columbia, Wake, UTSW, SLU

Adding Geisinger in Danville, PA for Categorical via Email on 10/3. Dates available October thru December, Tuesdays and Thursdays

Updated List:

Carolinas Medical Center
U of Arizona
Mayo-Scottsdale
UVA
Medical University of South Carolina