-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**
Started by Glimmer1991
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There's absolutely no way to reschedule? Sounds like the schools are playing hard ball a bit, as they must have other interview days where a bit of juggling could be done. If that really is the case, what a horrible predicament. I'd venture a guess that your chances with Tufts are slightly better, on account of their large class size and that they seem to operate deeper into the winter and spring than other schools. Keep us posted on how it shakes out, and congrats on scoring a Pitt invite!Interview invite from Pittsburgh. Same day as Tufts and can't resechedule either..what should I do..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I were you, I would go to Pitt and try to reschedule Tufts around Pitt.Interview invite from Pittsburgh. Same day as Tufts and can't resechedule either..what should I do..
There's absolutely no way to reschedule? Sounds like the schools are playing hard ball a bit, as they must have other interview days where a bit of juggling could be done. If that really is the case, what a horrible predicament. I'd venture a guess that your chances with Tufts are slightly better, on account of their large class size and that they seem to operate deeper into the winter and spring than other schools. Keep us posted on how it shakes out, and congrats on scoring a Pitt invite!
Thanks free.
Decline both! That'll show em...
😎
Which one do you prefer?
If I were you, I would go to Pitt and try to reschedule Tufts around Pitt.
TUFTS 75% Vs Pitts 22% acceptance rate after interview for OOS. I'm not picky at this point.... chances to reschedule seems very low, not to also mention rescheduling two midterms that week will be hard.
Will find out more after visiting professors tmr.
Just got accepted to Rutgers, now I’m conflicted between rutgers and temple?! what do you all think!
are u Instate or OOS?
i'd pick whatever is cheaper
are u Instate or OOS?
i'd pick whatever is cheaper
I live in New jersey🙂
I live in New jersey🙂
well in that case, you better pick RU and be my classmate 😉
I would look at stats and think about which you have the best opportunity for getting into. Are you in classes right now? You could say you have an exam on that day to one of them and ask to reschedule.Interview invite from Pittsburgh. Same day as Tufts and can't resechedule either..what should I do..
Both schools sent me an email saying "these are only days available. Can't make it? Sorry". And I'm still in school.😡I would look at stats and think about which you have the best opportunity for getting into. Are you in classes right now? You could say you have an exam on that day to one of them and ask to reschedule.
well in that case, you better pick RU and be my classmate 😉
haha thats some good advice 🙂 whats your name? where do you go to school!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite from Pittsburgh. Same day as Tufts and can't resechedule either..what should I do..
Awesome! When is your Pitt interview? I just had mine yesterday and they said there was one more.
Interview #7 from Pittsburgh. Will be declining
TUFTS 75% Vs Pitts 22% acceptance rate after interview for OOS. I'm not picky at this point.... chances to reschedule seems very low, not to also mention rescheduling two midterms that week will be hard.
Will find out more after visiting professors tmr.
i know we've communicated via pm and stuff, and it's easy to say "interview wherever you'd like", but at this point, in your shoes...i'd go with the math. interview at tufts, but do everything in your power to keep the door at pitt open.
crush it.
Just got rejected from Tennessee via E-mail.
Also rejected from Tennessee - OOS. They said in the email they only allow 10 OOS (with 1,000+ OOS applicants), and aren't considering anyone OOS with lower than 3.5 BCP and 19+ DAT, no scores below 18. I don't think I ever realized how hard it is for OOS candidates to get into a state school. What a great accomplishment for those OOS people that get in!
Have heard back from 5/7 schools applied to now.
Have heard back from 5/7 schools applied to now.
There's usually less than 10 OOS folks who get into all 3 Texas schools combined. Cutthroat!Also rejected from Tennessee - OOS. They said in the email they only allow 10 OOS (with 1,000+ OOS applicants), and aren't considering anyone OOS with lower than 3.5 BCP and 19+ DAT, no scores below 18. I don't think I ever realized how hard it is for OOS candidates to get into a state school. What a great accomplishment for those OOS people that get in!
Have heard back from 5/7 schools applied to now.
There's usually less than 10 OOS folks who get into all 3 Texas schools combined. Cutthroat!
That's insane. I wonder if it's also in part due to filling out TMDSAS? Filling out AADSAS was aggravating enough (mostly just the PS) - wouldn't want to fill out and pay for TMDSAS as well if I knew I already had a low chance of getting into their schools. Probably means they have many strong in-state applicants with far fewer competitive OOS applicants.
They take AADSAS for OOS applicants. Also, they can't take more than 10% OOS by law, so that's 30 ppl max. Trust me, they get quality OOS applicants, but certainly fewer than the top private schools. Even OOS tuition is dirt cheap.That's insane. I wonder if it's also in part due to filling out TMDSAS? Filling out AADSAS was aggravating enough (mostly just the PS) - wouldn't want to fill out and pay for TMDSAS as well if I knew I already had a low chance of getting into their schools. Probably means they have many strong in-state applicants with far fewer competitive OOS applicants.
Were you ever put on an interview waitlist?So I finally got my first interview!! I thought this was never going to happen seeing as I was in the second batch!!
Midwestern University- Arizona
GPA: 3.4
DAT: 18/18/19
How were you notified? And when did you send in your app?Yes, I was put on the interview waitlist back around September.
knock them dead buddySo I finally got my first interview!! I thought this was never going to happen seeing as I was in the second batch!!
Midwestern University- Arizona
GPA: 3.4
DAT: 18/18/19
I will!! it may be my first and only so fingers crossed! I was not expecting this at all! I got the phone call this afternoon around 2:30 pm, and I am out of state (CA). My app was sent in beginning of July (second batch), and my secondary was sent the end of July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have heard back from 5/7 schools applied to now.[/quote]
Congrats!! Did they tell u that you were waitlist interview in Sept.? I haven't gotten a rejection yet, but havent heard from them either. Also did you apply to MW-Chicago?
I will!! it may be my first and only so fingers crossed! I was not expecting this at all! I got the phone call this afternoon around 2:30 pm, and I am out of state (CA). My app was sent in beginning of July (second batch), and my secondary was sent the end of July.
Congrats!! Did they tell u that you were waitlist interview in Sept.? I haven't gotten a rejection yet, but havent heard from them either. Also did you apply to MW-Chicago?
Denied by Tennessee
When i submitted my AADSAS app, i only list all planning course at my full-time institution for fall 2013. However, i did take one course at another institution for fall 2013 ( it was not planned at the time i submitted). Now i try to add that course into completed section, but it only appear all my courses at one institution. Can anyone tell me how to add a new institution for fall 2013 so that i could put my grade in
man, is it me, or have schools been really slow with wait listed and post-dec interviewed applicants this year?
man, is it me, or have schools been really slow with wait listed and post-dec interviewed applicants this year?
I totally agree, having to play the waiting game and having our futures swinging in the balances sucks enough... But to have the schools add in the extra waiting is just inhumane in my opinion lol.
So I decided to attend interview at Tufts, just because although waitlisted, there is no guarantee of acceptance until I see that letter..
Tufts won't let me reschedule. sigh.... sad day.
Tufts won't let me reschedule. sigh.... sad day.
Last edited:
So decided to attend Tufts, just because although waitlisted, there is no guarantee of acceptance until I see that letter..
Tufts won't let me reschedule. sigh.... sad day.
Tough decision, but both are still great schools.
Dental School NameStateDecision DateStatusStatus Defined
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUF) MA 12/04/2013 Received/Under Review
University of Louisville School of Dentistry (UL) KY 09/24/2013 Received/Application Complete
University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry (UTHSC) TN 01/15/2014 Offer Accepted
Arkansas resident
3.7/3.5 total/science GPA
20AA/19TS/26PAT
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUF) MA 12/04/2013 Received/Under Review
University of Louisville School of Dentistry (UL) KY 09/24/2013 Received/Application Complete
University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry (UTHSC) TN 01/15/2014 Offer Accepted
Arkansas resident
3.7/3.5 total/science GPA
20AA/19TS/26PAT
Last edited:
Going off on a tangent here...does anyone know the difference between "Received/Under Review" and "Received/Application Complete"?
School: NYUCD - accepted for fall 2014!
Notification date: 01/16/2014
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/2013
Application complete date: 10/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.29, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 19, 24, 20, none
Interview invites:
- NYUCD (01/2014)
- University of Colorado (02/2014)
- SUNY- Buffalo (declined interview)
Notification date: 01/16/2014
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/2013
Application complete date: 10/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.29, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19, 19, 24, 20, none
Interview invites:
- NYUCD (01/2014)
- University of Colorado (02/2014)
- SUNY- Buffalo (declined interview)
Going off on a tangent here...does anyone know the difference between "Received/Under Review" and "Received/Application Complete"?
I think they are pretty much used interchangeably.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pitt said no resched either?So I decided to attend interview at Tufts, just because although waitlisted, there is no guarantee of acceptance until I see that letter..
Tufts won't let me reschedule. sigh.... sad day.
Strawberr, I just got confirmed that January 27th is the last interview date from Pitts.
Hey CShchmollz,
when did you interview at NYU?
Last Friday, 01/10/14.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K