**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**

Started by dunkind
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hehe same here!
My first interview invite too 🙂
Have you called in yet??

no, I'm on west coast, so when i checked my email after school they were already closed lol
i'll call them tomorrow or wednesday probably!
have you thought of when you would like to go?
I would probably like 2nd or 3rd week of November
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ASDOH rejection 10/25 via snail mail 😛

I probably wouldn't have gone to the interview anyway since it would be costly to go and I don't want to stray too far away from home. I applied only because I genuinely liked the schools culture and concept. I have a boat-load of community work and I spent a good amount of time writing up their secondary application.
 
Last edited:
no, I'm on west coast, so when i checked my email after school they were already closed lol
i'll call them tomorrow or wednesday probably!
have you thought of when you would like to go?
I would probably like 2nd or 3rd week of November

LOL! I'm on the west coast too and the same thing happened to me. I'm shooting for the 3rd week of November too! I have my fingers crossed that they still have November interview slots open 🙂

When did you complete the app at Temple? How long did the app stay 'Under Review'?

My app was completed 9/24. My status on AADSAS still says "Received/Under Review" and the last time it was updated was 9/15. I hope that helps 🙂
 
no, I'm on west coast, so when i checked my email after school they were already closed lol
i'll call them tomorrow or wednesday probably!
have you thought of when you would like to go?
I would probably like 2nd or 3rd week of November

so i called yesterday and they offered me interviews next week, which i thought was too short notice. they said they weren't opening up later dates until they'd filled the ones next week. just an fyi.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email from temple for an interview.... Honestly I don't think I will be going there... So I'm just gonna call them and let them know I won't be going
 
Tufts invite 🙂

all the dates listed are for late nov and early dec so i guess they are done with their pre-dec committee dates
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I know.... I post the same thing on another thread - just looking for a response.....


Just received an email from OHSU requesting Basic Science Letter of Eval/Recommendation in order to supplement my application.

I previously sent via AADSAS a committee letter which included 3 science professor letters and a separate dentist letter.

The email goes on to state that a complete portfolio consists of the following:

- Two letters from basic science faculty and one letter from dentist

-or-

- One pre-professional committee letter that should include one reference from a dental professional


I am stumped on this one. What do you think they still need? I tried to call but could only leave a message.
 
Yeah, I know.... I post the same thing on another thread - just looking for a response.....


Just received an email from OHSU requesting Basic Science Letter of Eval/Recommendation in order to supplement my application.

I previously sent via AADSAS a committee letter which included 3 science professor letters and a separate dentist letter.

The email goes on to state that a complete portfolio consists of the following:

- Two letters from basic science faculty and one letter from dentist

-or-

- One pre-professional committee letter that should include one reference from a dental professional


I am stumped on this one. What do you think they still need? I tried to call but could only leave a message.


Hey, the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I called them up and they said one of my professors didn't specify the course in his LOR. So they didn't know if it was science course or not. Kinda dumb of the professor, but this could've happened with you too.

Just tell them what class you took from the professor, and that should resolve things. At least it did for me. Hope this helps
 
Western invite, via email today. 🙂

My app. was in the 3rd mailing and I have been under review since 8/17.
 
Congrats UFRalo

I am happy to see that people from 8/17 are getting interview from Western. My application was completed on 8/27 and I was almost 100% sure that they passed on me by now. Well, I guess I can still hope ...
 
Western invite, via email today. 🙂

My app. was in the 3rd mailing and I have been under review since 8/17.

Wow congrats thats awesome news I was in the same mailing group and have been under review since the 17th too. I hope I get one there!
 
Wow congrats thats awesome news I was in the same mailing group and have been under review since the 17th too. I hope I get one there!


Thanks for the props guys. I really had resigned myself to no more interviews considering my stats are not so great. Just keep the faith and hopefully that interview will come!
 
University of Colorado invite via email. If I'm not claiming/begging for Colorado residency, do I have to fill out anything besides the first page of the "Verification of Colorado Residency" form?
 
Hi guys,

Has anyone gotten an interview from University of Illinois Chicago?

Thanks.


Got a call last week sometime for invitation. Scheduled on nov. 15th.

Also, recent development- Tufts (scheduled Dec. 2nd) and UCSF (Nov. 18th) 😍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a call last week sometime for invitation. Scheduled on nov. 15th.

Also, recent development- Tufts (scheduled Dec. 2nd) and UCSF (Nov. 18th) 😍

congrats mannnnnnn. when did your status update to under review for UCSF again?
 
congrats mannnnnnn. when did your status update to under review for UCSF again?

Last update on AADSAS was 9/30-received/under review. As for the invitation, just got an e-mail today. AADSAS hasn't changed yet.
The date I got is kinda unfortunate since I have a presentation that ends at 4pm the day before the interview and I'm coming all the way from East cost. Tight schedule...but happy I got it.
Good luck!
 
Last update on AADSAS was 9/30-received/under review. As for the invitation, just got an e-mail today. AADSAS hasn't changed yet.
The date I got is kinda unfortunate since I have a presentation that ends at 4pm the day before the interview and I'm coming all the way from East cost. Tight schedule...but happy I got it.
Good luck!


Hey Jean,

When did you get the email that says your secondary app has been received from ucsf?
 
yea i called in to schedule mine on the 10th. but they have slots open on the 3rd, 4th, 9th, 10th, and 11th. Those were the options that I got.