**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**

Started by dunkind
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No News from USN ?? It is Nov 3 and they said they have their first interview on Nov 15. Booking a flight couple of days before the date will be sooo pricy.
 
michigan interview via e-mail!!! 😀😀

the date they gave me is for 1/21 but i didn't get the final confirmation e-mail on the date yet
 
NYU invite today. Should I schedule pre or post-dec?

EDIT: Nevermind, went ahead and scheduled for Nov. 22. Don't wanna take any risks.
 
Last edited:
michigan interview via e-mail!!! 😀😀

the date they gave me is for 1/21 but i didn't get the final confirmation e-mail on the date yet


I had to wait a few days before they confirmed my interview date in October. It should be there in a few days so don't worry.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have reached a weird place when it comes to dental school applications. At first I was checking my email, AADSAS, and this thread non-stop for information about interviews. After not hearing a peep for like a month and a half my doubts are taking over and now i avoid checking. Amidst the doubts I try and keep telling myself that even if I don't get accepted this cycle, I know that I want to be a dentist. I will keep trying until I succeed and nobody is going to stop me. Good luck to everyone! Keep your head up!

uh dude, you already have 3 interviews!
rock those and you'll be set!
 
Just found out last night via email...

UF interview dec 7th.

I'm a Florida resident but my scores are weak, 3.0gpa and 19dat 19pat. First interview and I'm shocked! Still have 13 more schools to hear from... Hopefully I get some more interviews!
 
Appreciate it man! I will never give up. I have already started thinking about the dark side, and my response to that has been to strengthen my application now for the possible truth. I have been volunteering at a free dental clinic in town and going around town trying to recruit dentists to donate a few hours a month to help the underprivileged. So far its been a humbling experience to see some of the cases that present. Just keep looking forward, I say!

Seriously, I think you're in great shape with 3 interviews (which isn't an easy feat). What's your top choice any way?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be there with you guys. You don't think the class will be filled by then do you? I feel like most people offered admission from UCSF end up going there...

they only offer 60 admittances on dec 1 and continue to fill the class from that point on. according to james, after the entire process they usually give out over a hundred acceptances for 80 seats
 
they only offer 60 admittances on dec 1 and continue to fill the class from that point on. according to james, after the entire process they usually give out over a hundred acceptances for 80 seats

How long is the waiting period between the interview and their final decision?
 
How long is the waiting period between the interview and their final decision?

from what i understood, it can really vary. it may be immediate in the form of a rejection. if they love you theyll get back to you sooner (as long as its after dec 1) or youll just keep rolling until the class has been filled. You hafta understand that the closer your interview is to dec 1, the greater the chance there will be an available seat for you to compete for. Once the class has been filled, chances are youll be denied or waitlisted. if youre waitlisted you just hafta wait for a spot in the class to open up
 
Has anyone that interviewed at ASDOH this year and been rejected yet? Or do they wait to send those rejections out after Dec 1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On my aadsas for U of D it says "invited for interview 11/04 ". However I haven't received an email ? Did your aadsas page show this to, maybe prior to the email ? I just wondered because I talked with admissions today 11/05 and the secretary didn't mention anything about an interview invite. I am hoping she isn't aware and maybe the committee updated my page w/o telling the secretarial staff? I m geeked and would just like to know if anyone else has had a situation where their aadsas updated prior to receiving an official invite ?
 
On my aadsas for U of D it says "invited for interview 11/04 ". However I haven't received an email ? Did your aadsas page show this to, maybe prior to the email ? I just wondered because I talked with admissions today 11/05 and the secretary didn't mention anything about an interview invite. I am hoping she isn't aware and maybe the committee updated my page w/o telling the secretarial staff? I m geeked and would just like to know if anyone else has had a situation where their aadsas updated prior to receiving an official invite ?

youll get an email from them in a few days where it asks you to call and choose a date for an interview and you can pretty much choose any day you want. And then theyll send you a packet in the mail confirming the date and all of that

Congrats!
 
Congrats !! 🙂 Was it a pre december interview or are they done with their pre dec invites? What are your stats like,if you don't mind?