-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**
Started by dunkind
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected from Harvard. Not surprised. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected from UConn and Harvard today, both were kind of expected though.
Rejected from Harvard. Not surprised. 🙂
When were your apps complete? Was the rejections via email or letter? Perhaps I'll hear from them tomorrow if it's a distance thing from Boston.
Rejected from Harvard. Not surprised. 🙂
Rejected as well!
When were your apps complete? Was the rejections via email or letter? Perhaps I'll hear from them tomorrow if it's a distance thing from Boston.
It's a letter.
Harvard reject here too 😛
checked my UOP status...it says "Re-review end of January"...what does it mean?
means what it says: they're going to re evaluate your application in January. I got that awhile back and have yet to hear from them. I'm guessing depending on what they hear back from the first batch of acceptances, they'll know whether to send out more interview invites or rejections. actually, i dont think they really send out rejections...
For those that heard from Harvard, any updates on AADSAS?
I never had HSDM even show up on AADSAS.
Just got an interview to West Virginia for January 21!
Interview invite to Tufts via email.
Hi , how did ur interview go? Still waiting for my invite!!!
dat2010,
It went well. My interview was the hardest of the 8 people there (group consensus) 🙁 but I feel that I was well prepared. They told me that they will continue to interview through January and the beginning of Feb and have their class complete by March so they really take their time.
I have my fingers crossed for you getting an interview

Don't buy into the whole "just be yourself" and don't prepare too hard. Preparation is key, just don't sound generic!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dat2010,
It went well. My interview was the hardest of the 8 people there (group consensus) 🙁 but I feel that I was well prepared. They told me that they will continue to interview through January and the beginning of Feb and have their class complete by March so they really take their time.
I have my fingers crossed for you getting an interview
Don't buy into the whole "just be yourself" and don't prepare too hard. Preparation is key, just don't sound generic!
Glad for you that you feel you were well prepared. Any tips to help me? I am still waiting for the invite but I am being very positive since I got the request for supplemental after Dec 1st. I am in state too.
Glad for you that you feel you were well prepared. Any tips to help me? I am still waiting for the invite but I am being very positive since I got the request for supplemental after Dec 1st. I am in state too.
Yes remain positive bc UW is still handing out interviews. My advice is too really understand the ins and outs of dentistry. However you do that, they want to make sure you have a firm grasp of private practice dentistry and the needs of WA state. Anyways, good luck bro! 😀
Tuft's interview today by email.
Congrats! I'm DYING for an invite! What dates are available as of now amd what are your stats, if I may ask?
Thanks!!
These are the dates they sent me:
January 18, 2011
January 20, 2011
January 21, 2011
January 24, 2011
January 25, 2011
January 26, 2011
I imagine they continue to interview past Jan. 26th though. My stats should be below.
Good Luck!
Awesome so they haven't filled up all Jan spots, yet. And your stats aren't on here lol. When was did you submit your AADSAS?
Just received an interview invitation from Tuft University, too. Start losing hope though, nothing but waitlist 🙁
Just received an interview invitation from Tuft University, too. Start losing hope though, nothing but waitlist 🙁
Nothing but waitlist? Do you mean that the class is full and they are now interviewing only for waitlist spots?
Have any of you Tufts people scheduled your interviews yet? I thought their office is closed for the Holidays.
Last edited:
Nothing but waitlist? Do you mean that the class is full and they are now interviewing only for waitlist spots?
Have any of you Tufts people scheduled your interviews yet? I thought their office is closed for the Holidays.
Sorry for not being clear. I am referring to my current situation, not the school.
Thank you for such a quick reply! Were you able to schedule your interview yet?
Thank you for such a quick reply! Were you able to schedule your interview yet?
Nope, I will call on Jan 3rd, since in their email they stated, "Please note the Admissions Office will be closed on Thursday, December 29th and Friday, December 30th. As such, we will begin taking calls on Monday, January 3rd at 10am."
Awesome so they haven't filled up all Jan spots, yet. And your stats aren't on here lol. When was did you submit your AADSAS?
Opps, sorry about that. My stats are UNC Chapel Hill '08: cGPA: 3.3, sGPA: 3.1, post-bacc GPA: 3.9 and M.S. GPA: 4.0. TS/AA/PAT: 23/22/25. I submitted around the end of June. I just turned in my unofficial transcript from my first semester of grad school and got the interview request a couple weeks later. Good Luck!
I was starting to lose hope but then MWU invited me for an interview via email. Any advice/tips for MWU-IL?
Also Is there a supplemental application for Tufts and BU?
and Does anyone know if Temple is still sending out interview invites?
Interview Invite via email:
Midwestern-IL for Jan 21
Waitlisted:
Marquette via snail mail
Dalhousie via email
Rejected:
UCONN (saw that coming) via email
UNJDM via email
Also Is there a supplemental application for Tufts and BU?
and Does anyone know if Temple is still sending out interview invites?
Interview Invite via email:
Midwestern-IL for Jan 21
Waitlisted:
Marquette via snail mail
Dalhousie via email
Rejected:
UCONN (saw that coming) via email
UNJDM via email
Just received an interview invite from NYU via email. Haven't call them yet, so I don't know what days are available.
AADSAS Submitted: 08/27/10
Application Completed: 12/20/10
(finally got my last recommendation letter submitted after bothering my professor for many weeks)
AADSAS Submitted: 08/27/10
Application Completed: 12/20/10
(finally got my last recommendation letter submitted after bothering my professor for many weeks) Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received interview invite this morning from UW! 🙂
Congrats healthcaree! I have one at UIC on Jan 18. Any news from NYU?
Congrats healthcaree! I have one at UIC on Jan 18. Any news from NYU?
not sure if you're specifically asking me regarding NYU? I already interviewed there in early December and got waitlisted.. it's one of my top choices there so I'll keep contacting the admissions office.
good luck on your upcoming interview!
Thank you. I am waitlisted at NYU too.
Received interview invite this morning from UW! 🙂
Congrats!!!!!When did you submit ur supplemental?
Congrats!!!!!When did you submit ur supplemental?
Mine was submitted sometime in late August, but the admissions office contacted me mid-November saying that my official transcripts have not arrived (it was part of the supplemental application), and b/c it's not considered complete it has not been forwarded to the committee yet. So I sent my transcripts again.. then my file was complete on the 18th of November I think. I'm guessing that's the time when it was forwarded to the committee. Hope this info helps!
Hey guys, just got an interview invite to Temple for later this month. Does anyone know what the interview/offer ratio would be? Im OOS as well.
I got a call from midwestern AZ for an interview today. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to go yet.
I got a call from midwestern AZ for an interview today. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to go yet.
I see from other threads that you got accepted to ASDOH, congrats 🙂 people in Arizona say that the facilities at Midwestern is better than ASDOH so it might be worth checking it out, but I don't think they had a graduating class yet so ASDOH might be better off.. I hear Midwestern is located in a retirement neighborhood so that patient pool is awesome (compared to ASDOH). If you're close by, doesn't hurt to go check it out!
I see from other threads that you got accepted to ASDOH, congrats 🙂 people in Arizona say that the facilities at Midwestern is better than ASDOH so it might be worth checking it out, but I don't think they had a graduating class yet so ASDOH might be better off.. I hear Midwestern is located in a retirement neighborhood so that patient pool is awesome (compared to ASDOH). If you're close by, doesn't hurt to go check it out!
Both schools are located near large retirement communities.
acceptance from UCSF today.
wow. congrats. what time did you get your phone call from Featherstone?? do you know how many other people were extended acceptances?
ucsffffff 😀DDDDD
hey congrats! when did you interview and what time did you get the call from featherstone??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any advice for UIC interview?
ucsffffff 😀DDDDD
Accepted at UCSF!!!!! I got the call from Dr. Featherstone at 5:30pm. Woohoo!!!!! 😀😀😀
Pittsburgh interview.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 80K