~Official "It's Thursday, I Should Call for a Loyola Status Check" Thread~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes I am that person. I've had 2 interviews, no acceptances (yet), and 3 viable schools that are giving me the silent treatment since AUGUST!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I finally got an interview invite from Loyola today for 4/15. It sure took forever.

Congrats on the invite!! Mind posting when you were complete and your stats? I'm still crossing my fingers for one!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else tired of the game?!? I know Loyola is not the only one that does it, but I would much prefer a rejection letter than the unknown. I, like most of you, have been on hold since before the Earth was created. Thankfully I am already in somewhere that I really like but some of my friends are stuck it the game. Just give a decision. They would like to know whether they have a shot (interview) or if they should start job hunting.

Ugh!

(rant over)

Personally I don't want to recieve that letter for a while, because until I do, there's always still hope--Loyola still has a good two full months of interviewing to do, and it sounds like because they rank the waitlist after they're done with all interviews (and as people pointed out, at this point you're pretty much interviewing for the waitlist, unless you're a pre-med god) then we're not at a disadvantage compared to those who interviewed late Jan/Feb. We might even be at an advantage if we interview later because we might be fresher in the memory of the people who interviewed us (which could work against you too I guess!).

Personally I'm accepting that there's a pretty good chance I won't be getting accepted this round of applications. But somedays I still feel really optimistic, and as long as I don't get a rejection letter, I can still stay optimistic-- depending on my mood!

I hope your friends get in somewhere.

I was complete on 12/13. stats are 28P, 3.87 GPA. Good luck guys!

I called today.

Still Flagged for further review....ugh!...it's been months six I was first reviewed.

I figure I'll get rejected soon anyways.

Someone posted somewhere on another thread that Loyola is now only interviewing for the waitlist "even though they don't say it"...does anyone know if this is true? :confused:
And, has anyone gotten an interview invite recently??

I just had an interview 2/28 and the Interim Dean said that they ARE still offering some direct acceptances (though they are limited). So for those of you that still have interviews, rest assured that they are not just interviewing for the waitlist. Good luck to all of you Loyola hopefuls!

I called today.

Still Flagged for further review....ugh!...it's been months six I was first reviewed.

I figure I'll get rejected soon anyways.

i got the same message :( they also if i don't hear anything by the end of march, then i'll be getting a rejection :scared:

anyone hear after this monday's adcom meeting yet??

Anyone hear anything from Loyola recently? Have any late interviews been given out? Thanks for the info...

I just had an interview 2/28 and the Interim Dean said that they ARE still offering some direct acceptances (though they are limited). So for those of you that still have interviews, rest assured that they are not just interviewing for the waitlist. Good luck to all of you Loyola hopefuls!

Just curious with your "interim dean" statement. Is Dean Nordstrum no longer there?

Members don't see this ad :)
found out I was waitlisted today. not terrible news considering I knew when I interviewed that the class was just about full. does anyone know what percentage of the list typically gets offers down the road? Thanks!

Just curious with your "interim dean" statement. Is Dean Nordstrum no longer there?

Nope. There's an interim dean.

And he mentioned about that about 30% of the waitlist gets in. They also rank everyone on the waitlist but do not disclose your ranking. tricky:mad:

Hi Everyone,

I called in today and got some info I thought I'd share. Unfortunately it's not good news for most of us.

Loyola is going to begin sending out rejection letters next week. The person at the admissions office that I talked with also said Loyola has just about finished handing out interviews, and when I asked they said they weren't sure if there were any more interviews to hand out. Hopefully there are.

In case anyone is interested, the new dean is Adrian Jones.

I hope those of us who are still desperately waiting for an interview get one.

-Brent

Hi Everyone,

I called in today and got some info I thought I'd share. Unfortunately it's not good news for most of us.

Loyola is going to begin sending out rejection letters next week. The person at the admissions office that I talked with also said Loyola has just about finished handing out interviews, and when I asked they said they weren't sure if there were any more interviews to hand out. Hopefully there are.

In case anyone is interested, the new dean is Adrian Jones.

I hope those of us who are still desperately waiting for an interview get one.

-Brent

Rats. I was really hoping when I saw you post in this thread that you'd received an invite. :( But I'm sending good luck vibes your way.... :luck::luck::luck:

I called today and was told that they do still have interview spots to hand out but they will be finished offering interviews after the next 2 weeks. Who knows, anything can happen. Good luck to all of us!

Rats. I was really hoping when I saw you post in this thread that you'd received an invite. :( But I'm sending good luck vibes your way.... :luck::luck::luck:

I wish! And thanks for the good luck vibe--I'll let you know if it works! My letter should be in their hands or almost in their hands at this point, and I'm hoping it makes an impact--my guess is it isn't a common letter they run into, so we'll see how it gets interpreted. If it doesn't make an impact, then I can at least say I tried my best and hope that it might help me stick out a bit more for the next cycle of applications. But I'm really still hoping for this year! Unfortunately the odds are against me right now :(

I'm glad to hear that they'll still be offering out some interviews though--so I'll try and remain hopeful that I'll get that call I've been waiting for since September!

i called today to ask a general question and mentioned that i haven't officially been rejected but since i haven't heard from them i'm assuming i am, and the woman who i spoke with (SO nice!) kind of found that a little funny i think because she was like "well we're still offering interviews so don't assume that!" i guess my app is under FINAL REVIEW this week (haha FINALLY) so hopefully it will lead to good news, but i thought you should all just know there is SOME hope ! goooooood luck :luck::luck::luck:

Anyone know why she left?

She retired. I interviewed on her last day and I think she said she had been looking at the files for every single applicant for 15 years!

I wish! And thanks for the good luck vibe--I'll let you know if it works! My letter should be in their hands or almost in their hands at this point, and I'm hoping it makes an impact--my guess is it isn't a common letter they run into, so we'll see how it gets interpreted. If it doesn't make an impact, then I can at least say I tried my best and hope that it might help me stick out a bit more for the next cycle of applications. But I'm really still hoping for this year! Unfortunately the odds are against me right now :(

I'm glad to hear that they'll still be offering out some interviews though--so I'll try and remain hopeful that I'll get that call I've been waiting for since September!

I thought you sent a letter of intent telling them that they're your first and ONLY choice a couple of months ago. Argh. Well, I really do wish you the best of luck and hope you get an invite soon!

I thought you sent a letter of intent telling them that they're your first and ONLY choice a couple of months ago. Argh. Well, I really do wish you the best of luck and hope you get an invite soon!

Lol... yeah--I possibly should have sent it back then. What I did do was send an update letter with a few paragraphs emphasizing how much I wanted to go to Loyola, and I clearly mentioned they were my top choice by far. But I didn't say they were my only choice at that point. A lot of people, including some Loyola students, pointed out tha telling Loyola that they were my only choice might be interepreted the wrong way to mean that I'm not that dedicated to becomming a physician. (One student actually said when he first talked with me he questioned my committement). Or it might be interpreted to mean that I have a big ego, only applying to one school, etc.

So I decided to wait to mention that Loyola was my only choice until I didn't have much to lose (such as now...) If it gets wrongly interpreted, then oh well. But hopefully it'll help me stand out as they wrap up offering interviews, and if not, maybe it'll make my name a little bit more familiar next year.

I called in again today to check out if my letters arrived. The guy who answered (Matt I think...) said that Loyola will finish handing out interviews this Wednesday, and if we don't hear by then, we'll be getting a letter in the mail :(

I called in again today to check out if my letters arrived. The guy who answered (Matt I think...) said that Loyola will finish handing out interviews this Wednesday, and if we don't hear by then, we'll be getting a letter in the mail :(
:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

i'm sending you lots of good luck vibes brent!

Sadly, I recieved a small envelope in the mail :( It seems my letter didn't make the impact I was hoping it would, as I was told the admissions committee had it when they reviewed my application for the final time. I'll call in for a consultation on why I wasn't accepted in mid-late May, which is when they said I can talk to them about why I was rejected and how I can improve my application.

I hope that everyone who will be going to Loyola in a few months absolutely loves it. I hope I'm able to join you next year! I won't only be applying to Loyola next year as I can only delay medical school so long before I start risking not achieving my primary dream of becoming a doctor. But, I still really, really hope to be a Loyola-educated doctor.

-Brent

is there anyone who never heard anything from loyola? i would have thought i'd get my rejection by now (never had an interview).

hello,

i have not heard anything either (no interview/no rejection letter)

Same here... When I called on the 3rd, I was told that my file was going to go under a "final review" and that I would be notified by email or phone if an interview would be offered. No email and no phone call, so I'm assuming it's a rejection. First secondary I completed, last pre-interview rejection...

Sadly, I recieved a small envelope in the mail :( It seems my letter didn't make the impact I was hoping it would, as I was told the admissions committee had it when they reviewed my application for the final time. I'll call in for a consultation on why I wasn't accepted in mid-late May, which is when they said I can talk to them about why I was rejected and how I can improve my application.

I hope that everyone who will be going to Loyola in a few months absolutely loves it. I hope I'm able to join you next year! I won't only be applying to Loyola next year as I can only delay medical school so long before I start risking not achieving my primary dream of becoming a doctor. But, I still really, really hope to be a Loyola-educated doctor.

-Brent

Wow - I'm SO sorry to hear that! :( But I'm sure you'll have many acceptances and options next year, and fervently hope that Loyola is one of them. Feel free to keep in touch - hope to meet you next year when you're around for interviews and/or enrolling!

Anyone know anything about the waitlist this year?

Wow - I'm SO sorry to hear that! :( But I'm sure you'll have many acceptances and options next year, and fervently hope that Loyola is one of them. Feel free to keep in touch - hope to meet you next year when you're around for interviews and/or enrolling!

Thanks Phoenix--I appreciate all your support and encouragement over the last few months. Yes, hopefully I will meet you next year when (hopefully not "if") I interview next year. Maybe if I'm really lucky I'll get an early interview and start the "Loyola Class of 2013" thread.

I hope you enjoy your transition to medical school,

-Brent

anyone else waiting on waitlist movement?

i interviewed VERY late (after applying VERY late)...

one can only hope.:eek:

I'm with you, waiting on the waitlist :rolleyes: It's sooooo hard!!

I interviewed in Feb... I love Stritch, it has such a great vibe.

WL as well, Loyola would be a dream, praying there is some serious movement this year

I'm hanging out on the waitlist too and would be absolutely thrilled to have a spot in the class offered to me. :luck: to us all when the list starts moving (hopefully, next week)!

may 15th is upon us!

has anyone called to ask about waitlist movement? i don't know how much longer i can play this waiting game...

may 15th is upon us!

has anyone called to ask about waitlist movement? i don't know how much longer i can play this waiting game...

Ooh, that is a good idea mk401! Very tempting. I would be absolutely thrilled to have a seat in Loyola's class.

Do you think you're going to call?

I just called. The class is holding at 145. There are 140 spots. People have until the end of today to release multiple acceptances. I was told this is normal, but frankly I don't know what to think. I was led to believe there was a mass exodus on May 15 when multiple waitlist spots would become available. Those lucky enough to already have spots do not have to make a deposit, so I'm not sure what incentive they would have to release their spots prior to today. I'm still confused on all the policies. I thought no one in the country could hold more than one spot after May 15. If anyone else has more information, please do share.

I just called. The class is holding at 145. There are 140 spots. People have until the end of today to release multiple acceptances. I was told this is normal, but frankly I don't know what to think. I was led to believe there was a mass exodus on May 15 when multiple waitlist spots would become available. Those lucky enough to already have spots do not have to make a deposit, so I'm not sure what incentive they would have to release their spots prior to today. I'm still confused on all the policies. I thought no one in the country could hold more than one spot after May 15. If anyone else has more information, please do share.

AHHH! i'm confused too. why did i have this vision of massive movement after the 15th??

you guys are not taking into considerations most schools already accouunt for people dropping multiple acceptances and over accept. last year this happened but to the extent that most people had only gotten 1 acceptance and wl movement wasn't as great. I'm curious to see how it moves this year.

FYI: someone in the class thread posted that they got a call from the dean today for a spot and they declined. so i guess there is SOME movement. judging from last year's waitlist thread, loyola moves pretty slowly.

Well, when I was speaking with Loyola's financial aid office, they mentioned that if I hadn't received a school's financial aid letter yet, I could ask for a one week extension - which is what I did. I also read in another thread about someone who recently got assigned to the UIC Chicago campus, and it sounds like they got a one week extension as well, to decide between Loyola and UIC. I would think that there may be other people out there who were holding Loyola acceptances, and just got off a waitlist to another school, and they are also holding two acceptances. Thus, there will be some post-May 15th movement, most likely within the next week or so.