~Official "It's Thursday, I Should Call for a Loyola Status Check" Thread~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys know whether they went over all recently interviewed candidates on 1/28, or just a certain subset. My interview was last tuesday so im curious whether I fell into that pile...

Members don't see this ad.

Only downside to loyola is that I heard that half the class is failing PCM...but I'm sure they wouldn't let people fail out, harder than it sounds though...

I'm an M1 at Stritch and just wanted to clear this up. While it's true that the course director told our class that half of us were "failing PCM", it was only because some students neglected to log their required physician mentor shadowing visits by the end of last semester. Subsequent to this announcement, everyone who had not yet done so went online to update their log.

I'd be very surprised if anyone was failing PCM at this point. ;)

I just called to get an update, and I got the same... "flagged for further review..." message. The only difference this time is that the person (who was very polite over the phone btw) said that it can be reviewed again later up till the end of the interview season, but that he can't guarantee that it will be reviewed. He said that if I don't hear anything until March, to call again. From the sound of his tone, it seems as though the chance for an interview is dim.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called this morning and got the exact same response--flagged for further review, could be reviewed anytime until April, if I don't hear anything by mid-March, call back...

I don't know how many times I have been "flagged for further review" and told to call back in about a month's time.

I'm just wondering if Loyola has rejected anybody post-secondary but pre-interview, or if they just flag anyone they don't want to interview for further review??

umm yeah i called too.. my application has been reviewed and it can be reviewed between now and april . last week it was the end of march . seriously this sucks ! so what they just might not review my application until the end of april, which is the end of interview season so then its basically saying there is no way you'er going to get an interview.. we are just prolonging your rejection...
:(:(:(

Anyone get a letter yet? They mailed them out on Wednesday evening, but I still haven't seen anything.

I'm just wondering if Loyola has rejected anybody post-secondary but pre-interview, or if they just flag anyone they don't want to interview for further review??

i asked a few weeks ago and the guy told me that no one is rejected post-secondary until (i think) may when their interview season is over.

umm yeah i called too.. my application has been reviewed and it can be reviewed between now and april . last week it was the end of march . seriously this sucks ! so what they just might not review my application until the end of april, which is the end of interview season so then its basically saying there is no way you'er going to get an interview.. we are just prolonging your rejection...
:(:(:(
i called yesterday too. 2 weeks ago i was going to be re-reviewed in february then yesterday i was told i might be reviewed before april, which imo basically means it's a no-go for loyola. thank goodness i just came back from an interview at a school i loved and really want to attend or else this news would have really hurt me. oh well :)

Ugh. Waitlisted.

Sorry to hear that neuroprotector! I got my waitlist letter over the weekend too.:( I guess all we can do now is send them updates before they rank us at the end of April and just hope for a phone call after May 15th. Good luck to you!!

Sorry to hear that neuroprotector! I got my waitlist letter over the weekend too.:( I guess all we can do now is send them updates before they rank us at the end of April and just hope for a phone call after May 15th. Good luck to you!!

Thanks. Good luck to you too. Hopefully we'll stick it out together.

I guess I'm in good company...got my letter on Saturday and was waitlisted as well. I'm glad that letter didn't arrive today...I had letters from two other schools already waiting for me when I got home :rolleyes: Best of luck Cowgirl and neuroprotector, and anyone else that may be waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview offer today!

I guess I'm in good company...got my letter on Saturday and was waitlisted as well. I'm glad that letter didn't arrive today...I had letters from two other schools already waiting for me when I got home :rolleyes: Best of luck Cowgirl and neuroprotector, and anyone else that may be waiting!

Thanks namsoon! We can all wait it out together, fingers crossed and all. If you mean your other two letters waiting were acceptances, than a big congrats is in order!! :luck:

Thanks namsoon! We can all wait it out together, fingers crossed and all. If you mean your other two letters waiting were acceptances, than a big congrats is in order!! :luck:

Actually, one was a waitlist and one was a rejection, but the waitlist I already knew about, and the rejection was from a school I tried withdrawing from last Friday (their letter was dated before my withdrawal, so really, I guess they beat me to the punch).

I guess I used the wrong smiley in my last post, but I didn't want to use the frowny face because really wasn't all that bummed about those two decisions, since I just got into my state school :D (the Loyola decision on the other hand was disappointing, but I'm glad to be in at least) Thanks for the congrats, Cowgirl!

hey congrats!:luck: when were you complete? I've been waiting to hear from them for a long time... but no word yet :oops:

The notifications from the adcom meeting on 1/28 regarding acceptances and whatnot when out on Wednesday night. For some reason, even though I'm just on the other side of the state, it took me until Monday to get mine. If you're farther out, it could be a few more days.

Congrats namsoon! Hopefully the three of us will make it just fine. Now for the waiting game until May 15.

The notifications from the adcom meeting on 1/28 regarding acceptances and whatnot when out on Wednesday night. For some reason, even though I'm just on the other side of the state, it took me until Monday to get mine. If you're farther out, it could be a few more days.

Congrats namsoon! Hopefully the three of us will make it just fine. Now for the waiting game until May 15.

Thanks, neuro! Is May 15th really the earliest we could hear back? In the letter, I thought the May 15th part was more about how they would be doing phone calls instead of snail mail to inform of acceptances. I guess they did say we would be re-reviewed after interviews are completed, which is April right? Not much time for anything to happen between April and May, I suppose. Ah well, back to waiting.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but how do they notify about interviews? Email, I assume?

Sorry if this has already been discussed but how do they notify about interviews? Email, I assume?

You get a phone call. I think you also get an e-mail if they can't reach you by phone.

I got a phone call then an e-mail, probably because I missed the phone call. Was complete back in September

Thanks, neuro! Is May 15th really the earliest we could hear back? In the letter, I thought the May 15th part was more about how they would be doing phone calls instead of snail mail to inform of acceptances. I guess they did say we would be re-reviewed after interviews are completed, which is April right? Not much time for anything to happen between April and May, I suppose. Ah well, back to waiting.

That could be as well. I just assumed that they would start calling alternates after people officially passed the May 15th deadline (they wouldn't want to accept too many people). Well, here's to hopin'.

called today...

got "be reviewed and could be looked at up till march, and we interview into april"

sounds like a rejection to me

I got a message that I didn't really understand...that my final review is complete and that I am marked for further review/have been moved forward...and that if the adcom decides to extend an interview invitation I could be called anytime between now and April???
I don't understand how my final review could be complete and at the same time I could be marked for further review...any thoughts? Maybe I misunderstood what I was told?:confused:

I got a message that I didn't really understand...that my final review is complete and that I am marked for further review/have been moved forward...and that if the adcom decides to extend an interview invitation I could be called anytime between now and April???
I don't understand how my final review could be complete and at the same time I could be marked for further review...any thoughts? Maybe I misunderstood what I was told?:confused:

When were you complete? Were you a later applicant?

So I'm glad I just called them...they never received my letters!

I broke down and called.......up for 'final' review some time between now and the end of March.

There should be an emoticon of a smiley face holding its breath, turning blue, and then passing out.

When were you complete? Were you a later applicant?

I am not sure of the exact date I was complete...but I assume it was sometime in mid-September, since my due date for my secondary was Sept 9th and I sent in my app just before that...

I would LOVE to get an interview from Loyola (and also would LOVE to go there:love:!!!) However, I really hope I don't have to wait until April... I would just like to know something sooner, either way, so I can move on with my life!!:)

I am not sure of the exact date I was complete...but I assume it was sometime in mid-September, since my due date for my secondary was Sept 9th and I sent in my app just before that...

I would LOVE to get an interview from Loyola (and also would LOVE to go there:love:!!!) However, I really hope I don't have to wait until April... I would just like to know something sooner, either way, so I can move on with my life!!:)

Hmmm. I'm not sure how receptive they are to pre-interview letters of interest, but I can't imagine it would hurt. :luck:

i'm in the same boat. boo loyola, give us interviews ! :luck::luck::luck::hardy::hardy::hardy:

Yes, I agree with nellia...show us some love, Loyola...we will love you back...FOREVER!!! :D:love:

By the way::luck::luck::luck:

The lady on the phone today was very nice and made me feel better:

"The committee has reviewed your file and is interested in looking at it again. It will be reviewed between now and the end of March."

Basically the same thing as before, only sugar coated. Heehee.

I broke down and called.......up for 'final' review some time between now and the end of March.

There should be an emoticon of a smiley face holding its breath, turning blue, and then passing out.

true .. if not for loyola then for drexel .. lord knows they sure know how to keep their applicants in suspense .. "decision made .. letter to be mailed" wtf been 2 weeks :confused::scared:

Does anyone know when they next committee meeting is? I heard today (2/11) from one interviewer and two weeks from now (2/25) from the admissions staff...

From what they told me at the interview, there is a meeting today. They said that if for some reason your interviewer cannot make it to the meeting though, the decision for your file is moved until the next meeting.

Do you guys know if in the meeting today they will be discussing only those candidates who have interviewed? Will they also be looking at applicants for an interview invite? Thanks in advance for the info...

Someone posted somewhere on another thread that Loyola is now only interviewing for the waitlist "even though they don't say it"...does anyone know if this is true? :confused:
And, has anyone gotten an interview invite recently??

I got my waitlist notification two weeks ago, and I don't know anyone who interviewed on my day that got accepted. I'm kind of afraid you might be right.

Hello,
New here and to forums. I am a post-doctoral fellow in Neurology going to MD now. I just called Loyola 20 minutes ago and asked if they are still interviewing for actual seats. She said "A few" with strained emphasis. When asked, she said they are not interviewing for just waitlists.

Hello,
New here and to forums. I am a post-doctoral fellow in Neurology going to MD now. I just called Loyola 20 minutes ago and asked if they are still interviewing for actual seats. She said "A few" with strained emphasis. When asked, she said they are not interviewing for just waitlists.

Yea, my guess is they're being very conservative with offers of acceptance. That makes me feel a little better about my waitlist decision!

the best part about this thread is that i don't have to call them anymore myself, i can just guess their response from looking at what other people have heard from the same day!

uggh what the heck loyola i thought they were keeping spots open ??
blah blah blah this application cycle isnt going too well right now

called today...

got "be reviewed and could be looked at up till march, and we interview into april"

sounds like a rejection to me

I got the same message today. :mad: :bullcrap:

now i'm confused..
three weeks ago i was up for review between then and april..
today i'm up for review between now and march.

loyola has me confused for suuuure.

now i'm confused..
three weeks ago i was up for review between then and april..
today i'm up for review between now and march.

loyola has me confused for suuuure.

Hmmmm. The only ways I can make sense of it are: 1) they've changed their schedule for re-reviewing people, and have decided to complete the reviews by the end of March instead of the end of April; 2) it's someone else answering the phone now and is thus giving a different answer; or 3) the review window is still the same, but it's done at the end of March, so whether the review will be done between now and March (the end of march) or now and April (the first of april) could be the discrepancy. But really, I have no idea, and that would be frustrating. :luck:

Anyone else tired of the game?!? I know Loyola is not the only one that does it, but I would much prefer a rejection letter than the unknown. I, like most of you, have been on hold since before the Earth was created. Thankfully I am already in somewhere that I really like but some of my friends are stuck it the game. Just give a decision. They would like to know whether they have a shot (interview) or if they should start job hunting.

Ugh!

(rant over)