***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are in a big room and each corner of the room has an interviewer so after 10 minutes is up you move on to the next person so you rotate through all the different 4 people interviewing you
Are the other 3 interviewing other candidates?

Members don't see this ad.

To those who received an interview, did you guys get an email saying your app is compete? Because the last thing I received is a receipt for my secondary fee. And congrats!!

I had to call and confirm that everything was received because I initially did not get an email saying my app is complete. They apparently had to change the status after looking into it! Call if you haven't already!

Are the other 3 interviewing other candidates?

Yes. and there may be some downtime for the interviewers for them to take notes on the person they just interviewed. So if you are not being interviewed, you might be sitting to the side for two minutes max.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is what it says on their whats happening in admissions page on their website
Fall 2018 Interview Days...Interview invitations for the 2018-2019 cycle were sent on September 12, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. CST.
2018 Interview Dates:
Non-Residents – September 28, October 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 22, 29
Wisconsin Residents - November 2, 5, 9

I applied last year and didn't get my interview invite till early October and it was for a specific date so I believe they wait a little bit to see if they fill all the interview slots with the interview invites they just sent out and then if they don't fill all the interview slots they send out some more interview invites for those spaces that didnt get filled.

-- Sorry, I dont mean to be nosy, but you said you applied last year- did you have an interview then get waitlisted?

Interview #3
School:
Marquette
Notification date: 09/12/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR): 21/21/20/24/22/21/20
Interview Date: October 8th

Does anyone know if they will be sending any more interviews, or is that all for this cycle. Thank you. A little bummed out I guess haha

Does anyone know if they will be sending any more interviews, or is that all for this cycle. Thank you. A little bummed out I guess haha
Refer to the previous posts on this thread, also check out last year's thread.

-- Sorry, I dont mean to be nosy, but you said you applied last year- did you have an interview then get waitlisted?
I was put on the alternate list yes and then never got off it so I am re-applying this year

I was invited to interview early-mid September.

I'm a Minnesota Resident w/ cGPA: 3.67 sGPA: 3.59 AA: 24.

Excited to see how this unique interview process plays out. Best of luck to all

Hi guys! I just posted my stats in here last week, but I realized that I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide. Does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! I just posted my stats in here last week, but I realized that I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide. Does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?
Out of the 301 OOS interviews, 124 were accepted, which means there's a 41% chance

Can anyone who recently interviewed at Marquette share info regarding the interview please? Is it closed file or open? traditional interview questions or is it more critical thinking/ethical dilemmas? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who recently interviewed at Marquette share info regarding the interview please? Is it closed file or open? traditional interview questions or is it more critical thinking/ethical dilemmas? Thank you in advance!
I just had my interview on Friday, it was super relaxed. I personally enjoyed the 4 separate interviews. I felt on 3 of the 4 I did really well, but the 4th one I was tired and didn’t answer the best. Luckily the other 3 interviewers can vouch for me with that 4th interviewer. It was also very laid back and conversational.

I wonder does Marquette do post-Dec Interviews this cycle?

Interview #5
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS Mail-Out Date: 06/19/18
Application Complete Date: 07/12/18
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.96, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/ PAT/ Reading/Any Section Below A 17): 20/20/23/18/None
Interview Date: October 29th

For those OOS who have already interviewed, what sorts of questions were you asked? I have my interview on Friday this week and feel like I don't know how to prepare other than study my application.

For those who have had their interviews, did you write or email a thank you letter? Did you send each interviewer one or just one to the office of admissions or the director of admissions?

For those OOS who have already interviewed, what sorts of questions were you asked? I have my interview on Friday this week and feel like I don't know how to prepare other than study my application.
PM me I have a document with list of questions they pull from

Does anyone know if they will be sending out acceptances on December 1st or December 3rd? I emailed Cassie from the office of admissions and tried calling but haven’t received a response!

Does anyone know if they will be sending out acceptances on December 1st or December 3rd? I emailed Cassie from the office of admissions and tried calling but haven’t received a response!
Brian Trecek, who is the director of admissions, gave a speech at the end of the interview day and talked about why we should consider Marquette when we get our acceptances on the 1st. AADSAS says acceptances will go out on the 3rd, but I'm pretty sure some schools will send them out on the 1st

Brian Trecek, who is the director of admissions, gave a speech at the end of the interview day and talked about why we should consider Marquette when we get our acceptances on the 1st. AADSAS says acceptances will go out on the 3rd, but I'm pretty sure some schools will send them out on the 1st
Thank you :)

I received an email from the dental admissions email stating decisions will be made Monday, December 3rd.
I haven’t gotten any email stating that. Could you tell me when that was sent?

Admissions @ the interview did say that they’re announcing it on the 1st though.

I haven’t gotten any email stating that. Could you tell me when that was sent?

Admissions @ the interview did say that they’re announcing it on the 1st though.
I emailed and asked and they responded to me this morning. I guess we’ll see either the 1st or 3rd!

Brian said Dec 3rd during his speech at the instate interviews. So its pretty safe to assume that it will be the 3rd.

Brian confirmed yesterday (during the IS interview speech) that no offers will be made over the weekend, therefore, offers will be sent out on the following Monday, December 3rd.

Brian said Dec 3rd during his speech at the instate interviews. So its pretty safe to assume that it will be the 3rd.

Brian confirmed yesterday (during the IS interview speech) that no offers will be made over the weekend, therefore, offers will be sent out on the following Monday, December 3rd.

Damn, Dec 1-2 will be a long weekend for us pre-dents

Is there a penalty for canceling the DAT?
I was planning to take the DAT during my fall semester but I've been to busy with classes and there are no available times during December or January for me to move the test so I want to cancel it and take it when I'm ready.
I got wait listed and denied by MU last year and I wanted to make sure my DAT scores were good again but school and work has kept me busy. I already applied but I don't feel comfortable taking the DAT when I've done minimal studying.

So is there a way to move it without canceling it or do I have to schedule it for an available time? (And also, is there a penalty such as canceling the DAT being shown on my application?)

If you don't want to lose money whatsoever, do not cancel and don't show up the exam day.

I got an email from the MUSoD with the title "Thank You from MUSoD" and freaked out thinking it was a rejection. It was literally just a thank you for coming to the interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, Is Marquette done with interviews?

I got an email from the MUSoD with the title "Thank You from MUSoD" and freaked out thinking it was a rejection. It was literally just a thank you for coming to the interview.
same. i felt my heart go through the floor!

Reactions: 1 users
Does Marquette call or send emails (or both) on December 3rd to notify interviewers of acceptances?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

5 Days out! I hope I get in!

Does anyone know when we should expect any indication of acceptance (midnight, early morning, afternoon of Dec. 3rd)? Do you think an email will be sent first, portal update, or phone call? I looked on the class of 2022's thread from last year but nobody timestamped when they found out. I can't wait any longer- the suspense is killing me!

Does anyone know when we should expect any indication of acceptance (midnight, early morning, afternoon of Dec. 3rd)? Do you think an email will be sent first, portal update, or phone call? I looked on the class of 2022's thread from last year but nobody timestamped when they found out. I can't wait any longer- the suspense is killing me!

Your AADSAS will update in the morning, around 8am with (hopefully) “offer made”. Then Brian calls at around noon. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.