***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
They just changed my status to offer made!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Ah darn, just received the waitlist email at 8:49am CST

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted :(

Stealing from Last year's thread:
Alright, I did some hunting through last year's thread to get a general idea of the timelines for this one.

2021 Thread:

People posted that they were accepted off of the waitlist on the following days: December 19, January 6 and January 11.

Hold emails sent out on: December 2.

People posted that there were additional interviews held on: January 20, February 17 (PESP program) and February 23 (post-Bacc. program).

People posted about being rejected without interview on: February 22.

People received invitations for the alternate pool (which also asks you to put a $1000.00 deposit down, but it is refundable if you end up not getting accepted) on: March 19.

Do note that days could be missing from last year's thread, since only a small fraction of those interviewed or those that applied were active in the thread. Also note that the process seemed to be a bit of a mess last year. They were doing interviews much later than usual and more offers than usual were sent out.

2020 Thread (significantly fewer people in this thread and replies stopped in April):

People said acceptances went out on: November 30.

People said rejections were sent out on: November 30.

Waitlist and Hold emails sent out on: December 1st.

People said they were accepted off of the waitlist on: January 13.

People said additional interviews were held on: February 22.

Alternate pool emails went out on: March 3.

People said that the year prior, people were accepted out of the alternate pool on: April 7.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted :(

Stealing from Last year's thread:
Man, I feel like I just got punched in the throat. But you gotta get up and keep trying , right?

Congrats to those that received an offer! That’s really awesome

To those of you who have been waitlisted, do not give up!! There is still so much time left in the cycle. This is my second year applying and the best advice I can give is to believe in yourself and know that you have a plan and will get into dental school!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if they are making phone calls to accepted students this year? In other words, has anybody received a phone call in addition to the email?

I just got an email from the committee which went something along the lines of "the committee has reviewed your file and has decided to put a hold on the decision of your file". I am waiting for a post-december interview invite and was wondering if anybody knows what this means. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an email from the committee which went something along the lines of "the committee has reviewed your file and has decided to put a hold on the decision of your file". I am waiting for a post-december interview invite and was wondering if anybody knows what this means. Thanks in advance!
I also got this email

Does anybody know if they are making phone calls to accepted students this year? In other words, has anybody received a phone call in addition to the email?
I just received a phone call from a D2 Student around 5:15 pm cst. I received the email in the morning at 8:45 am.

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? Are we ranked in a certain order or once a spot opens they look through apps again and choose someone?

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? Are we ranked in a certain order or once a spot opens they look through apps again and choose someone?
From what I've heard, it isn't ranked!

gpa please?

I have below a 3.5, but it’s very unfair to compare numerical statistics like your GPA and DAT. I made sure to seek out relationships with those within the school throughout the year, and have many experiences that make me more competitive as an applicant, at least in my opinion

I have below a 3.5, but it’s very unfair to compare numerical statistics like your GPA and DAT. I made sure to seek out relationships with those within the school throughout the year, and have many experiences that make me more competitive as an applicant, at least in my opinion
exact gpa?

Has anyone created a Facebook page?

Just paid my deposit! Did anyone set up that facebook page?

So I'm trying to create the Facebook page but need to invite at least one person, can anyone who is attending PM me their name so I can add one person and create it?

Last edited:
I received an interview invite today, which I’m excited about!

I didn’t expect such quick turnaround from receiving an email about my application’s “hold” status on Monday and the interview invite today. Anybody else receive an invite today?

Reactions: 2 users
So I'm trying to create the Facebook page but need to invite at least one person, can anyone who is attending PM me their name so I can add one person and create it?

I'm having trouble PMing you. PM me, my profile is public.

As i see in the Marquette website here: The Admissions Committee sends out initial offers of admission and denials on December 1. After December 1, the Admission Committee makes decision on a rolling basis. What does that supposed to mean? I havent got anything from them on Dec 3rd.

I think it means that as people decline offers, the admissions committee will start conducting more interviews or accepting people off the waitlist
I did not get a denial email on Dec 3rd. So does that mean I could be interviewed and officially accepted to Marquette?

Congrats to all accepted and best of luck to those who remain hopeful!

During the financial aid presentation of the interview, they mentioned 1st year scholarships (quarter tuition down to $2,500) are offered with acceptances. I'm just wondering if anyone's mailed acceptance package had an offer included. Mine did not, which is totally understandable as my stats were good but not fantastic - just seeing if absence is confirmation of no scholarship offer. Thank you to all!

Congrats to all accepted and best of luck to those who remain hopeful!

During the financial aid presentation of the interview, they mentioned 1st year scholarships (quarter tuition down to $2,500) are offered with acceptances. I'm just wondering if anyone's mailed acceptance package had an offer included. Mine did not, which is totally understandable as my stats were good but not fantastic - just seeing if absence is confirmation of no scholarship offer. Thank you to all!

i was wondering the same thing. 3.71 gpa 21dat, nothing here.

To those who have interviewed, how is the interview style like? Is it open file or closed file? During the interview do they have access to your DAT scores and gpa? At one school I interviewed at I was told that it was open file but i was surprised when they didnt have access to my DAT and GPA

Status
Not open for further replies.