***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Got my invite as well! OOS, 23 AA, 4.0 cGPA. I’ll be there October 4th for the afternoon session.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For the OOS people who got interviews, which states are you from?

Just got a Marquette interview invite as well (OOS)! Coincidentally as I was scouring SDN because I was worried about my lack of application complete email. Interview slots: 9/27, 9/30, 10/4, 10/7, 10/11, 10/14, 10/21, and 10/28! Excited!
Me too! I got the email while driving. lol Still in shock tbh. Didn't think I would receive one

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS (North Dakota), interviewing on October 7th in the morning!!

Just got a Marquette interview invite as well (OOS)! Coincidentally as I was scouring SDN because I was worried about my lack of application complete email. Interview slots: 9/27, 9/30, 10/4, 10/7, 10/11, 10/14, 10/21, and 10/28! Excited!

May I ask what are your stats? :) congrats btw!

Anyone interviewing Oct 4, in the afternoon?

Will there be more OOS interviews going out this week or is today the only day they send them out for pre-December interviews?

Got my interview invite during my lunch break today!! In state applicant, submitted mid-June, 3.47 cGPA, 3.08 SGPA, 23AA, 22TS, with about 2 years of assisting experience. So excited to interview I chose Friday, November 8th because I work Mon-Thurs!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my invitation. Submitted on 8/1.

Interviewing morning of nov 4th! (IS student) congrats everyone!

Guess the rest of us won't be getting anything...:sorry:

Reactions: 3 users
I think that's it for pre-December, last year's forum looks like all pre-December interviews went out on September 12th.

Did you guys ever get a "application complete" email?

I think that's it for pre-December, last year's forum looks like all pre-December interviews went out on September 12th.
It's true that all pre-December invites went out on the same day last year, but the year before they sent out several more a few days later. So I'm not ready to give up hope yet!

Has anyone reached out to admissions to find out if all the pre-December invites have been made?

The last email I got was an "application received," which listed the statuses of required documents and a link to pay the supplemental fee. Radio silence since :////////////

It's true that all pre-December invites went out on the same day last year, but the year before they sent out several more a few days later. So I'm not ready to give up hope yet!

Has anyone reached out to admissions to find out if all the pre-December invites have been made?
I was going to, but I chickened out lol.

I think technically all pre-Dec invites have been made, but they may send out a few more if some people do not sign up for an interview slot/decide to not interview! At least it looks like that's what happened in past years.

That's what I meant. Didn't even get asked to give them more money.

When did you submit your initial app & when was it verified? Are you IS or OOS? What does the decision status in your portal indicate for them?

Try calling the school maybe something went wrong. I got the supplemental fee a week after I submitted in late July.

When did you submit your initial app & when was it verified? Are you IS or OOS? What does the decision status in your portal indicate for them?
Submitted June 20-ish, verified a few days later. OOS, not WICHE. Has said Received/Under Review since then. Just surprised since I figured a 4.0 and a decent DAT would at least get me a supplemental. Only school to completely pass me up.

I guess I'll call or email them.

From previous years, I've seen people that got accepted to Harvard, UF, etc. get rejected without interview from Marquette. It's frustrating, but can't do much.

Submitted June 20-ish, verified a few days later. OOS, not WICHE. Has said Received/Under Review since then. Just surprised since I figured a 4.0 and a decent DAT would at least get me a supplemental. Only school to completely pass me up.

I guess I'll call or email them.
It just shows that grades are not everything.

That's what I meant. Didn't even get asked to give them more money.
I emailed asking them ([email protected]u ) about it a couple months ago because I was worried since I couldn't find it anywhere but their website says to send it in. Someone sent me the additional steps email within a day to pay the supplemental fee. Might be worth asking :\

I was looking for signs that anyone received this email when my interview invite popped up so I don't think they send out an application complete emails unfortunately. It's quite nerve wracking, hang in there!

Hey Guys,

I still didn’t get an interview. I paid my supplemental in like July. It still says on my ADEA application that it’s under review. Starting to get super worried since this is my top choice.

From previous years, I've seen people that got accepted to Harvard, UF, etc. get rejected without interview from Marquette. It's frustrating, but can't do much.

That’s crazy. Still hoping I get an interview.

Hey Guys,

I still didn’t get an interview. I paid my supplemental in like July. It still says on my ADEA application that it’s under review. Starting to get super worried since this is my top choice.

Apparently Marquette sends out all pre-December invites in one day (September 11 this year). They may send more after December. I'm really disappointed that I didn't get an interview from them. It's also my first choice. Nothing you can do but wait

Reactions: 1 users
Called, they said for pre-December they've basically given out all the interviews, unless someone refuses. But, they will give out some interviews in spring. There is hope!!! :hardy::hardy:

Reactions: 2 users
Called, they said for pre-December they've basically given out all the interviews, unless someone refuses. But, they will give out some interviews in spring. There is hope!!! :hardy::hardy:
thank you for making the call!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I emailed them as well and they told me all interviews are sent out for fall. On their website it says
It is extremely difficult for an applicant to be admitted if he/she has not been interviewed during the fall interview cycle. Occasionally (if necessary) the Admissions Committee will do additional interviews in the spring. It is possible to be added to the alternate pool without an interview.

Which makes me not so hopeful about spring so that’s just so sad!

Reactions: 1 users
Is it true that post Dec interviews are only for IS applicants?

Is it true that post Dec interviews are only for IS applicants?
No. They do interviews this fall and send out acceptances/holds on Dec 1st. Then whoever chooses to drop out of the race after December, MU will send out more interview requests both IS and OOS.
This is the dangerous fact about SDN. There is too much misinformation going around and too many people on here trying to discourage others by knowingly lying to them. In fact, I just recently called MU and asked if they were sending out any more invites for the fall and they said that currently they are waiting another week or so for people to accept the interview requests they sent out last week. THEN they will send out more if need be.

Note: Not calling out that person who posted previously about MU not handing out more invites, just saying that in general please be skeptical about info you read on this website.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Also, for those that do not get invites this fall. There will FOR SURE be invites given out Jan, Feb, and maybe even March. This is a waiting game for everyone really.

Reactions: 6 users