***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

What are the chances of getting an interview after being put on hold?
I think the same as before this email. Seems like they sent this email to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of a way to connect with other kids who have accepted their offers?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I also got an email that my app was still under review (I haven't had an interview yet). I'm pleasantly surprised, I'm OOS and wasn't really expecting to hear back from Marquette.

Edit: According to the FAQ on their website, non-interviewed students can still be accepted? I didn't realize that was even a thing!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who got accepted share what their stats are and if they’re IS/OOS

I also got an email that my app was still under review (I haven't had an interview yet). I'm pleasantly surprised, I'm OOS and wasn't really expecting to hear back from Marquette.

Edit: According to the FAQ on their website, non-interviewed students can still be accepted? I didn't realize that was even a thing!

That's most likely for the people ADCOM knows very well in person

I just would like to know if there is hope to hear back from them in December if you are waitlisted?

I think that’s for the 7 year dental track students

I am going to accept their offer
I have also. I got a confirmation today saying they’d send another packet with housing information. I’m hoping to find a roommate.

Does anyone know how safe the areas around Milwaukee are? I was offered a very nice scholarship to attend that would make Marquette University cheaper than my state school. I am trying to convince my parents to attend there but they are worried about the crime. I saw the crime rating was an F for Milwaukee. I was researching and it says some areas like Juneau Town are safe.

Rejected today, without interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how safe the areas around Milwaukee are? I was offered a very nice scholarship to attend that would make Marquette University cheaper than my state school. I am trying to convince my parents to attend there but they are worried about the crime. I saw the crime rating was an F for Milwaukee. I was researching and it says some areas like Juneau Town are safe.
Congratulations! I am not quite sure but I've heard its pretty unsafe to live some of the areas In Milwaukee! But i would still consider attending the school if i got off the waiting list.

Hey so what does it mean if your application is put on hold?

Hey so what does it mean if your application is put on hold?

Pretty sure it means that they're going to consider you for interviews the next time they decide to send those out. A wait-list for interviews per say.

Congratulations! I am not quite sure but I've heard its pretty unsafe to live some of the areas In Milwaukee! But i would still consider attending the school if i got off the waiting list.

Thats what I hear too! Two of my friends got accepted but declined Marquette right away, for that reason. That’s also why I didn’t apply there for this cycle :O

Thats what I hear too! Two of my friends got accepted but declined Marquette right away, for that reason. That’s also why I didn’t apply there for this cycle :O
Yeah its a huge factor for me too. As much as I want to save for school, being safe is much more important.

Yeah its a huge factor for me too. As much as I want to save for school, being safe is much more important.

Milwaukee's crime rate is 96% higher than the national average. This year alone, there were 96 homicides, 457 rapes, 1,843 robberies, and the list goes on... Below is a good reputable site that breaks it down nicely.

• Wow
I'm not sure if you've been, but Milwaukee is such a fun city!! My best friend went to Madison, and I fell in love with both Madison and Milwaukee. Totally safe

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah Milwaukee can be dangerous in some areas. The area surrounding the Marquette campus is pretty sketch. I know most of the students live in the apartments across the street so your only a couple of feet away from the school, so that walk is not too dangerous. There's also university police but that areas not great if your a little bit off campus. Greenfield, West Allis, Wauwatosa, Witefish Bay, Shorewood, Bayview, Greendale, Cudahy are all pretty safe more suburban residential areas. It just depends on how far you want to live from campus. Those are all at least like 20 minute dries from campus. There also some nicer apartments downtown in like the third ward and the east side but it can be more pricey.

Yeah Milwaukee can be dangerous in some areas. The area surrounding the Marquette campus is pretty sketch. I know most of the students live in the apartments across the street so your only a couple of feet away from the school, so that walk is not too dangerous. There's also university police but that areas not great if your a little bit off campus. Greenfield, West Allis, Wauwatosa, Witefish Bay, Shorewood, Bayview, Greendale, Cudahy are all pretty safe more suburban residential areas. It just depends on how far you want to live from campus. Those are all at least like 20 minute dries from campus. There also some nicer apartments downtown in like the third ward and the east side but it can be more pricey.
Thank you so much for this list. After researching the areas you listed it seems like there are a lot of very safe areas east of milwaukee that are all 15 minutes or so from the school.

I have also. I got a confirmation today saying they’d send another packet with housing information. I’m hoping to find a roommate.
If you haven’t already, join the facebook page, it could help you find roommates

got an interview a week ago

OOS

3.32cgpa 3.3sgpa
20AA 19PAT 22M I forget the rest

might help that I’ve graduated undergrad already, worked as a dental assistant, and wrote about working in underserved communities as a dentist

Anybody get an interview who was sent the email about application still being active in the pool? Just wondering!

Anybody get an interview who was sent the email about application still being active in the pool? Just wondering!

I got an e-mail on 12/6 saying that my application was on hold and will still be active in the pool, then another e-mail 12/11 with an interview invite.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Any current Marquette dental students lurking on this forum that we can ask a few questions to at all? Would be really appreciated

Just declined my offer! I hope one of you gets a wonderful Christmas present! :) Happy Holidays and good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
What would be my chances hearing back from the school in January, I've been put on waitlist since December 2nd.?

Any current Marquette dental students lurking on this forum that we can ask a few questions to at all? Would be really appreciated
I am a current Marquette dental student, feel free to ask any questions.

I’m more than happy to answer any questions you have. I’m a first year student as well

I’m more than happy to answer any questions you have. I’m a first year student as well

Hey I tried messaging you but it’s not letting me for some reason! I have a few questions!

I am a current Marquette dental student, feel free to ask any questions.

Hey I tried messaging you but it’s not letting me for some reason! I have a few questions!

It wont let me message me you for some reason but I was wondering some of the questions i have:
1.) Do you think not having the summer off will make you feel drained at all?
2.) Do you live in Milwaukee and how safe is the area around the school?
3.) Would you say I need to purchase a tablet for notetaking for the didactic part of the courses?
4.) How do you feel about the school not offering voluntary health insurance? Do you happen to know how students above the age of 26 are able to afford health care?

Last edited:
It wont let me message me you for some reason but I was wondering some of the questions i have:
3.) Would you say I need to purchase a tablet for notetaking for the didactic part of the courses?
4.) How do you feel about the school not offering voluntary health insurance? Do you happen to know how students above the age of 26 are able to afford health care?
We have a few breaks throughout the summer that will help from feeling run-down; we have a spring break in March, a long weekend in April for Easter, a few weeks in May, time off in July and a few weeks in August. While it isn’t a full summer off, they realize you need time to yourself and tend to make the workload lighter during summer. I do not live in Milwaukee, I live about 15 minutes away but students who live nearby really seem to enjoy it. As with any area, being careful of your surroundings and using common sense will go a long way to help keep you safe. On campus there are blue light systems and the area is heavily policed. Many students use either a laptop or tablet and find it extremely helpful with organizing notes. I myself use an iPad. Currently I’m under the age of 26 so I do not have much insight as for the health insurance but I’m sure if you reach out to student services or admissions they would be able to help you :) We have several students in our class who are over 26. Hope this helps!

We have a few breaks throughout the summer that will help from feeling run-down; we have a spring break in March, a long weekend in April for Easter, a few weeks in May, time off in July and a few weeks in August. While it isn’t a full summer off, they realize you need time to yourself and tend to make the workload lighter during summer. I do not live in Milwaukee, I live about 15 minutes away but students who live nearby really seem to enjoy it. As with any area, being careful of your surroundings and using common sense will go a long way to help keep you safe. On campus there are blue light systems and the area is heavily policed. Many students use either a laptop or tablet and find it extremely helpful with organizing notes. I myself use an iPad. Currently I’m under the age of 26 so I do not have much insight as for the health insurance but I’m sure if you reach out to student services or admissions they would be able to help you :) We have several students in our class who are over 26. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much I really appeciate it, happy new years

My application is on hold, but I really really want to get into Marquette. Is there anything anyone has done/is doing that might help a little (letter of intent)? Is it best to just wait it out?

Sorry about the delayed reply. I can give you also some views on your questions.
1. We get a lot of breaks throughout the semester, especially summer and spring so there's pros/cons to having a long break (such as 5 weeks at one time) or having a few weeks off here and there. Our breaks are, I believe, 2 weeks off in May, 1 week of in July, and 3 weeks off in August. So not all combined but having a few days off here and there is pretty nice. Some people prefer to have a "lump sum" break while others like to have a few days off so they don't get rusty/forget their hand skills.
2. I do live in Miluwakee, right around the school. I think the area is fine, most people in our class live around the school. As long as you are aware of your surrounding, it should be fine (i.e. don't be walking around at 3am outside). If you live near school it is nice just to run to class and have less chances of problems.
3. I don't have a tablet for note-taking, I use a laptop and have been fine so far. It really just depends on your preference: some people use ipads/tablets, some have combined tablets and laptops, some just laptops. Honestly it just depends on your style of note taking: do you like handwritten (than a tablet may be your way) or more typed (then a laptop is fine).
4. I am under the age of 26 so I don't feel like I can accurately answer your question. Student services may have more information.

Thank you so much for your answer. One more question, do you think I would have time to regularly exercise. And do you know if there is a fitness center on campus?
Sorry about the delayed reply. I can give you also some views on your questions.
1. We get a lot of breaks throughout the semester, especially summer and spring so there's pros/cons to having a long break (such as 5 weeks at one time) or having a few weeks off here and there. Our breaks are, I believe, 2 weeks off in May, 1 week of in July, and 3 weeks off in August. So not all combined but having a few days off here and there is pretty nice. Some people prefer to have a "lump sum" break while others like to have a few days off so they don't get rusty/forget their hand skills.
2. I do live in Miluwakee, right around the school. I think the area is fine, most people in our class live around the school. As long as you are aware of your surrounding, it should be fine (i.e. don't be walking around at 3am outside). If you live near school it is nice just to run to class and have less chances of problems.
3. I don't have a tablet for note-taking, I use a laptop and have been fine so far. It really just depends on your preference: some people use ipads/tablets, some have combined tablets and laptops, some just laptops. Honestly it just depends on your style of note taking: do you like handwritten (than a tablet may be your way) or more typed (then a laptop is fine).
4. I am under the age of 26 so I don't feel like I can accurately answer your question. Student services may have more information.

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile

Anyone accepted off the waitlist yet? (OOS)

Thank you so much for your answer. One more question, do you think I would have time to regularly exercise. And do you know if there is a fitness center on campus?

Sent from my SM-G973U using SDN mobile
There’s a free gym to students on campus not far at all from the dental school. Lots of students go regularly. You can still have a life, you just need to prioritize school but it can be done.

I got a call on Monday - I got off the waitlist! I’m a WI resident, and Brian called and said there were very few spots that were open going to the waitlist.