***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I got a call on Monday - I got off the waitlist! I’m a WI resident, and Brian called and said there were very few spots that were open going to the waitlist.
Do you mind telling us if you have written any letter of intent after being waitlisted ? And did they tell you when is the last date for them to take students off the waiting list?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a call on Monday - I got off the waitlist! I’m a WI resident, and Brian called and said there were very few spots that were open going to the waitlist.
Were the "very few spots" for instate or out of state waitlists?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind telling us if you have written any letter of intent after being waitlisted ? And did they tell you when is the last date for them to take students off the waiting list?

I did write a letter of intent in mid-December. From what I understand, there is no last date to be taken off the waiting list. If a student drops out the first week of classes in August/September, and a spot opens up - they move forward with the next person on the list. They want to fill 100 spots, and they will fill those spots. There is no set date because there are so many variables in the process! I hope that helps at all!

Were the "very few spots" for instate or out of state waitlists?

I am in state, he did not mention anything about how many spots were open or if they were for in state or out of state. It was a vague statement, but I didn't care to pry!

I did write a letter of intent in mid-December. From what I understand, there is no last date to be taken off the waiting list. If a student drops out the first week of classes in August/September, and a spot opens up - they move forward with the next person on the list. They want to fill 100 spots, and they will fill those spots. There is no set date because there are so many variables in the process! I hope that helps at all!
Did they respond to your letter of intent email?

Thanks so much , this really helped.
One more question tho, in your letter if intent have you mentioned what and how you have been improving your resume within the months right after the interview?

I wrote a letter of intent after being waitlisted and still haven’t heard anything from them .. maybe bc I’m OOS. still waiting and hoping :shrug:

I ended up writing a letter of interest and received a interview invite this morning. The interview date is Feb 14 and it is only for student being considered for the Dental Summer Enrichment Program.

There’s a free gym to students on campus not far at all from the dental school. Lots of students go regularly. You can still have a life, you just need to prioritize school but it can be done.
Sorry to bother again, is that free gym on the Marquette undergraduate campus?

Does anyone know if there is still a chance to get off the waiting list at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is still a chance to get off the waiting list at this point?
There are 95 members in the FB group so I’ve started to lose hope for this school..

There are 95 members in the FB group so I’ve started to lose hope for this school..
Lol I already got accepted at a different school but I will probably stay hopeful and positive about getting off of the waiting list for this school maybe until the beginning of March!

"The 100 spaces in the class are not yet filled. Once those spaces have been filled, formal alternate pools will be built for both resident and non-resident applicants. We do not anticipate this process will begin until the later part of February or early March. If you are a current applicant at Marquette School of Dentistry and would like to update your application with grades, shadowing/community service hours etc., please send those updates to [email protected]."
-Marquette School of Dentistry Admissions Website

Does anyone know how busy D1 year will be? I have the option of commuting or living on campus. But if it’s not necessary I’d rather save that money!

was reading the thread of last cycle. It says some people got on the "alternate list." Does that mean the transition is Waitlist-->Alternate List--> Acceptance Offer ?? Or can you go straight from the waitlist over to being offered a seat?

I would say it is far worth it. There are a handful of commuters in our class with some traveling as far as nearly 45 minutes. It just depends what kind of person you are if you would hate the drive or wouldn’t mind it

How long should a letter of intent be? Also should I attach a word document or keep it all in the email? Thanks

Does anyone know how busy D1 year will be? I have the option of commuting or living on campus. But if it’s not necessary I’d rather save that money!

I had a 10 min commute D1 year and moved on campus for D2. I would highly recommend living on campus especially for D1 at Marquette. Your first two semesters are 24 and 27 credits and you don't want to be spending an hour in the car per day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
How long should a letter of intent be? Also should I attach a word document or keep it all in the email? Thanks
I think a LOI can be three - four paragraphs, no longer than a page. And I attached a file to the email just so they may save it and enter the letter into my files. And in the email I just wrote Dear Admissions of X school, thank you for interviewing me ... please find attached to this email an update/letter addressed to X school Admissions Committee.

I had a 10 min commute D1 year and moved on campus for D2. I would highly recommend living on campus especially for D1 at Marquette. Your first two semesters are around 24 credits and you don't want to be spending an hour in the car per day.
Which apartments do you suggest living in?

for future applicants or reapplicants who will look at this thread: the dental summer enrichment program (DSEP) has 10 spots but by this time many of the spots are taken. This cycle, the interview date was 2/14/20 and there were only 2 spots left and 15 applicants were considered. As far as the whole class goes, there are very few spots left, Brian (director of admissions) did not specify numbers wise.

Which apartments do you suggest living in?

Sov or Brutus are both across the street/1 block from the dental school. Both are around 700 a month for a one bedroom and are safe (most kids live here and this is what I would recommend - I like Brutus a little more).

The Edge is a little nicer but they only have 2 bedrooms so you'd need a roommate but this is also across the street and safe.

Nicer apartments on campus are Moderne Living and The Marq, these are going to be a little more expensive and probably not worth the extra 200-300 a month and are a further walk.

If you wanna live off campus I'd suggest upper walkers point/fifth ward (South Water Works/Fifth Ward Lofts but over 1k a month), Riverwest (nice 1 or 2 bedroom duplexes for around $800 a month), the upper east side (tons of apartments here near Whole Foods but also will run you $1k+), or like Wauwatosa if you don't care about city life at all.

Like I said, I lived off campus D1 (South Water Works) and it was nice but the first two years of dental school are too busy to enjoy living in a nicer area. I would suggest living right next to the school and saving time and money then moving off campus in a nicer area for D3/D4.

Additionally, if you have the money for a down payment another option is purchasing a condo. I know a few people who did this and ended up making some money after D4. You basically have a guaranteed tenant for 4 years and then you can either keep the property as an investment or sell it after 4 years. I definitely wish I would've been able to do this but didn't have the money at the time.

Also congrats to everyone that got it. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Sov or Brutus are both across the street/1 block from the dental school. Both are around 700 a month for a one bedroom and are safe (most kids live here and this is what I would recommend - I like Brutus a little more).

The Edge is a little nicer but they only have 2 bedrooms so you'd need a roommate but this is also across the street and safe.

Nicer apartments on campus are Moderne Living and The Marq, these are going to be a little more expensive and probably not worth the extra 200-300 a month and are a further walk.

If you wanna live off campus I'd suggest upper walkers point/fifth ward (South Water Works/Fifth Ward Lofts but over 1k a month), Riverwest (nice 1 or 2 bedroom duplexes for around $800 a month), the upper east side (tons of apartments here near Whole Foods but also will run you $1k+), or like Wauwatosa if you don't care about city life at all.

Like I said, I lived off campus D1 (South Water Works) and it was nice but the first two years of dental school are too busy to enjoy living in a nicer area. I would suggest living right next to the school and saving time and money then moving off campus in a nicer area for D3/D4.

Additionally, if you have the money for a down payment another option is purchasing a condo. I know a few people who did this and ended up making some money after D4. You basically have a guaranteed tenant for 4 years and then you can either keep the property as an investment or sell it after 4 years. I definitely wish I would've been able to do this but didn't have the money at the time.

Also congrats to everyone that got it. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Thank you!

Any update on the final 2 spots for the DSEP Program? Have they already made the 2 calls or will they some time soon?

Any update on the final 2 spots for the DSEP Program? Have they already made the 2 calls or will they some time soon?
I haven't see any emails, they may only send emails to the top 3 candidates

for DSEP program another friend of mine got the alternate email, I am still waiting to hear back

Did everyone who interviewe and not get accepted end up on the waitlist? Because today I got an email that i was put on the alternate list.

Rejection #3 (without interview)
School: Marquette University
Notification date: 2/21/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Nevada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/2019
Application complete date: 7/19/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/19/None

Did everyone who interviewe and not get accepted end up on the waitlist? Because today I got an email that i was put on the alternate list.
I got put in the alternate pool too. I interviewed and i'm in state.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how the coronavirus might affect this upcoming school year's students? And also has anyone gotten offered a spot off the alternate pool list?

Does anyone know how the coronavirus might affect this upcoming school year's students? And also has anyone gotten offered a spot off the alternate pool list?

Depends on how long this goes. If it's over within the summertime then most likely not much - current students will be using breaks to make up work and D1s are mainly just doing all class work online.

Yes! But I decided to go to another school!
Hi thank you for reply, I am accepted into the post-bac program and just have some quick questions if you can help me with?

What is your stats when you got the interview? Do you know a specific GPA required for Summer semester to receive interview?

Lastly, for your class, how many people got accepted to U.S dental schools upon completing the program?

Last edited:
Hi thank you for reply, I am accepted into the post-bac program and just have some quick questions if you can help me with?

What is your stats when you got the interview? Do you know a specific GPA required for Summer semester to receive interview?

Lastly, for your class, how many people got accepted to U.S dental schools upon completing the program?
Messaged you