***Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I was wondering if anyone mind sharing their dental interview experience at Marquette Dental school!
What was the style of the interview? Was it an open file one? What was the type of questions they asked.

I will really appreciate your help!
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, for those that do not get invites this fall. There will FOR SURE be invites given out Jan, Feb, and maybe even March. This is a waiting game for everyone really.
I just got an October interview today, they aren’t done yet.

Reactions: 7 users
Yay congrats! What day will you be there? I’ll be there Oct 4
Thank you! I’ll be there October 28th! My brother is a D2 there, he said the interviews are very laid back so good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Ive interviewed twice and its definitely laid back. It feels like a casual conversation and not an interview. There are 4 people you speak with in one room. You do a few minute imterview with one person and then rotote to the next when the time is up. I cant recall them all but its Brian (director of admissions), a diversity coordinator, and 2 others.

Other than that you will be provided lunch, be meeting with some actual dental students, meet with a financial aid person, and be given a tour.

Reactions: 2 users
Ive interviewed twice and its definitely laid back. It feels like a casual conversation and not an interview. There are 4 people you speak with in one room. You do a few minute imterview with one person and then rotote to the next when the time is up. I cant recall them all but its Brian (director of admissions), a diversity coordinator, and 2 others.

Other than that you will be provided lunch, be meeting with some actual dental students, meet with a financial aid person, and be given a tour.
Thanks much :)

Thanks for this info! I interview there on Friday! Anything crazy about the interview we should know even though it feels like a casual conversation?? I either saw on one of these forums or had someone tell me that one of their interviewers had them tell a joke! Also, in the 10 minutes is this just them asking you questions or is there time available for you to ask them a question??

I don't know anything about that joke situation. Both my interviews were casual. I had maybe one difficult question, I THINK it was about how I would resolve a conflict between me and a colleague. I think the interviewer asked me for another example of how I resolved a conflict which kind of threw me off because I thought there was only one example I had to come up with. Sorry I cant remember much, it happened two years ago.

But basically the other questions were straight forward: why dentistry, what other career path would you pursue if dentistry doesn't work out, why do you want to attend MU, would you tell on a classmate if he/she were involved in academic dishonesty?

I havnt had this question but I have been on previous MU forums where a question was asked: a patient walks into your practice is in excruciating pain and has no insurance, what do you do?
Obviously the answer is you help them.

But to answer your orginal question, yes you do get time to ask questions. Sometimes you spend most of the time talking with the interviewer that theres no time to ask questions but for me that only happened once out of the four. I found I had a lot of extra time left with Brian. Hes a very chill guy. But in all honesty, don't sweat this. Its very easy going and I'm sure you all will do swimmingly!

Reactions: 1 users
I received an interview invite today!! It may be because someone else turned down their opportunity to interview, but I'm excited nonetheless! Don't give up hope!

Reactions: 3 users
I received an interview invite today!! It may be because someone else turned down their opportunity to interview, but I'm excited nonetheless! Don't give up hope!

congrats! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

congrats! What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

I'd prefer not to share exact numbers, sorry. I'm OOS with an average GPA and DAT score, but I have awesome extracurricular experiences, lots of volunteer, shadow, and dental assistant work hours, and I received the highest level of recommendation from my undergrad school for my committee letter. No one knows exactly what admissions is looking for though, and there's still lots of time in this cycle still, so keep your heads up! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have interview already. Do they have a place to put your luggage if you are traveling with one and have to checkout of your hotel early?

For those that have interview already. Do they have a place to put your luggage if you are traveling with one and have to checkout of your hotel early?
yes for sure!

Thank you! I’ll be there October 28th! My brother is a D2 there, he said the interviews are very laid back so good luck!!
How was your experience the interview day? Were the questions challenging or pretty laid back conversations?

Thank you.

How was your experience the interview day? Were the questions challenging or pretty laid back conversations?

Thank you.
I’m interviewing October 28th so I have not personally been interviewed yet but my brother who is a D2 at Marquette said it was very laid back when he had his interview a few years ago and that the questions pertained to his application or just general questions about him and his interests, etc.

congrats , hey when did you apply?

I’m interviewing October 28th so I have not personally been interviewed yet but my brother who is a D2 at Marquette said it was very laid back when he had his interview a few years ago and that the questions pertained to his application or just general questions about him and his interests, etc.
Ohh that's good to know ! Thanks for the reply ! Mine is on November 4th ! Good luck to you.

congrats , hey when did you apply?
Thanks! I submitted AADSAS and paid the supplemental the first week of June. My committee letter was uploaded a couple of weeks later.

And do you what are the chances of getting accepted into the school after getting interviewed?

The only number I have seen regarding acceptance offers is 198 of 448 total interviews for last cycle, I believe. Keep in mind that 96 in state applicants are interviewed for 50 seats, so at least 50 of those offers are for IS applicants and at most 148 would be OOS.

The only number I have seen regarding acceptance offers is 198 of 448 total interviews for last cycle, I believe. Keep in mind that 96 in state applicants are interviewed for 50 seats, so at least 50 of those offers are for IS applicants and at most 148 would be OOS.
Thanks much ! Really appreciated.

Do you know what the chances are for us to get the offer if any?

I’m not sure about Marquette’s process, I wish I knew. My gut’s telling me low because who would give up an in-state seat :( but who really knows lol. What are your thoughts?

I’m not sure about Marquette’s process, I wish I knew. My gut’s telling me low because who would give up an in-state seat :( but who really knows lol. What are your thoughts?
I’m thinking you’re right about the instate applicants. However, for those who are OOS, chances might be slightly higher due to applicants receiving spots elsewhere. I guess we’re gonna just have to wait (some more) and see what happens in the next few weeks. Most likely more action starting in January after the deposit due date.

I mean I wanna be hopeful but then if I hear from another school first then I might just take the offer!

Waitlisted - was my second to last choice so not that upset

Did anyone else not receive any notice from them? I didn't get an email or anything on my AADSAS regarding their decision

Did anyone else not receive any notice from them? I didn't get an email or anything on my AADSAS regarding their decision
That's still promising then for you !! They might tomorrow!

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances might be? I have a couple of acceptances, but really liked Marquette and hope to hear back before I need to put a deposit down.

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances might be? I have a couple of acceptances, but really liked Marquette and hope to hear back before I need to put a deposit down.
Same here, I've been waitlisted here but then I got offers from other schools and o dont wanna put deposits either

has anyone been ghosted by Marquette ever since they submitted their app?

I can't remember which year of Marquette threads I found this in, but I have this decision dates screenshot on my desktop. Maybe take it with a grain of salt because I'm not sure how accurate/helpful it is. I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys though -- Marquette is my top choice school and I would love to get in off of the waitlist (even better if I could get off of the waitlist before putting a deposit down at another school haha). Congrats to everybody who has been accepted and good luck to those of us on the waitlist and still waiting for interview invites!
Marquette Decision Dates.png

Just got an email that my app is now on hold, have not received an interview yet

Just got an email that my app is now on hold, have not received an interview yet
I just got the same email, hopefully we can still get an interview. Good luck!!

I can't remember which year of Marquette threads I found this in, but I have this decision dates screenshot on my desktop. Maybe take it with a grain of salt because I'm not sure how accurate/helpful it is. I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys though -- Marquette is my top choice school and I would love to get in off of the waitlist (even better if I could get off of the waitlist before putting a deposit down at another school haha). Congrats to everybody who has been accepted and good luck to those of us on the waitlist and still waiting for interview invites!
View attachment 288161
Well I guess we will have to wait till January 13 and see hopefully we get off the waiting list. But at that time iam sure I will end up putting my first deposit on another school already.