**Official Maryland Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjddds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Here is a thread for all you new applicants applying to Maryland for the Class of 2022. If you have any questions, @umbtoothfairy is a wonderful resource, and your fellow applicants will probably post here as well. Post any questions, when you receive the supplemental packet, and anything else. I was accepted here and can also answer any questions you have, as well as many others from the past 2021 thread.
@lemoncurry @Alpha Centauri can you pin this thread to the list of School Specific Discussions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
There are supplemental questions on AADSAS for Maryland already. Is there another supplemental packet that will be sent on top of those AADSAS questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
There are supplemental questions on AADSAS for Maryland already. Is there another supplemental packet that will be sent on top of those AADSAS questions?
Yes, they invite you through email. It's very short.

Yes, they invite you through email. It's very short.
there are addional questions ? I paid the supplemental fee and but I don't see any email about supplemental questions.

I received it about 5-6 days after I paid the supplemental.

I still haven't submitted the first set of questions, but how many total e-mails did you receive from them including the supplemental packet?

there are addional questions ? I paid the supplemental fee and but I don't see any email about supplemental questions.
How long after the completion email that you receive the secondary?
I paid my supplemental fee on 6/13 then received the confirmation on my application that it has been processed and forwarded to the Admissions on 6/23. I got the supplemental invite on 6/24.

I still haven't submitted the first set of questions, but how many total e-mails did you receive from them including the supplemental packet?

After the email on receipt of application fee, I got 3 emails total including supplemental.

Reactions: 1 user
Does everyone receive the supplemental packet? I think from previous years that not everyone did but not sure if things are different this year.

I paid my $90 application fee on june 23, but never got the supplemental packet.

I am pretty sure they will send out more invites!! stay positive =) Last year bunch of supplemental invites were given at the end of July! fyi

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 7/5, paid fee 7/8, verified/DAT uploaded 7/10/letters submitted/app complete 7/12.. got the supplemental 7/14 and submitted 7/14.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am a fourth year student (D4) at Maryland. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a message :)

Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I am a fourth year student (D4) at Maryland. If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a message :)

Good luck!

Thank you! Lets hope we get the opportunity so that we can ask you questions!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do I need my letters in to receive a supplemental? My DAT is also yet to be in, but my committee letter may take a little while..

Just a common question I keep receiving to my inbox but....yes you can have science recommendation letters if you don't have a committee letter packet HOWEVER Maryland does strongly prefer the committee letter packet.

Do I need my letters in to receive a supplemental? My DAT is also yet to be in, but my committee letter may take a little while..

You won't receive a supplemental until they receive your DAT score. It takes around 2-3 weeks after you take your DAT to get the supplemental. I would also focus on getting those letters in asap

For anyone waiting on their DAT scores, call ADA it turns out my DAT scores were sent last week. When I called AADSAS they reset My application and automatically updated and Maryland sent me an email back saying it's under review when it said before today that it had a hold because of my scores which I took late june.

Generally here is the pattern:
You submit your DAT scores: then your app becomes under review
Then about a week or two or even a couple months later (BE PATIENT) you can receive the supplemental.
Then once you fill out the supplemental (do it quickly and get it back to them within about 3-5 days) you will get an email that says they received your supplemental.
Then, they can invite you to interview.

I got the supplemental today. My DAT was uploaded to AADSAS on friday and they sent me an email yesterday telling me my application was complete. Hopefully everything goes just as smoothly for y'all!

I got the supplemental today. My DAT was uploaded to AADSAS on friday and they sent me an email yesterday telling me my application was complete. Hopefully everything goes just as smoothly for y'all!
I thought the suplemental questions were already in the application?

They were, there's just an additional supplemental app, no essays or anything , just general background info, which is sent out by email invites after they review your application

Its not sent to everyone. If they want to continue the admissions process then they send you the second supplemental.

Reactions: 1 users
Among those who do receive supplemental, how many get interview invites?
Stats for admission after interview are online but not on supplemental. Thanks.

How much did you guys write for the questions on the app? I know there is a 1000 character limit. Did you use all of the allowed characters?

Should I be worried that I did not get a supplemental yet? I got an email saying my application was processed and forwarded to the committee for review. This was on 7/11 after they sent the generic thank you for applying/we received your app email. My portal says Received/Under Review.

Should I be worried that I did not get a supplemental yet? I got an email saying my application was processed and forwarded to the committee for review. This was on 7/11 after they sent the generic thank you for applying/we received your app email. My portal says Received/Under Review.
I don't think you should be worried yet it's only been a few days but personally I received the supplemental a day after I received the processed and forwarded to committee email, I received that one 7/17 and the supplemental 7/18

How do you guys know that they selectively send an email to request supplemental information to ppl that they are interested in? Does that mean some ppl won't even get this email?

How do you guys know that they selectively send an email to request supplemental information to ppl that they are interested in? Does that mean some ppl won't even get this email?
Because in the email we receive the supplemental, they say they have carefully reviewed our application and based on the review they would like to invite us to complete supplemental application

Based on the fact that some people have not received it.

If you haven't received a supp yet that doesn't mean they're not considering you.. check out last year's thread and you'll see that they send out multiple waves of supps..

From "AADSAS Application Received" to "MD Secondary Applicant Received", I got 6 e-mails in total. Have faith in yourself...They may be sending in subsequent waves.

anyone know when MD sends out first batch of interview invites? I think I read Aug somewhere at one point, but I can't find it again to confirm...

anyone know when MD sends out first batch of interview invites? I think I read Aug somewhere at one point, but I can't find it again to confirm...
I remember reading in last year's thread that it was mid-August..

I remember reading in last year's thread that it was mid-August..
thanks! I just received and submitted my secondary application today, so maybe I will still make the first round :) All that's left to do is wait...

Does their supplemental have essays or is it just a fee? And do they require 2x2 photo? Thanks guys!

Does their supplemental have essays or is it just a fee? And do they require 2x2 photo? Thanks guys!

Their supplemental is a few basic questions, and it asks for a picture. It has no essay. You can pay the supplemental fee on the UMD website.

Their supplemental is a few basic questions, and it asks for a picture. It has no essay. You can pay the supplemental fee on the UMD website.

I dont remember submitting a picture... are you sure about the picture?

I dont remember submitting a picture... are you sure about the picture?
Yeah if you didn't submit a picture, just go back on and submit it, I realized that I missed it too but I went back and checked and we had to submit, even though I received confirmation that my supplemental was received before then

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah if you didn't submit a picture, just go back on and submit it, I realized that I missed it too but I went back and checked and we had to submit, even though I received confirmation that my supplemental was received before then
Where is the link to go back and submit the picture? I don't know why I never saw that.

NetPay

Watchu sayin fam

NetPay

Watchu sayin fam
That links for the fee, after you make the payment you may be invited for supplemental app after they review your app where you have to make an account to fill out additional info as well as include a picture

That links for the fee, after you make the payment you may be invited for supplemental app after they review your app where you have to make an account to fill out additional info as well as include a picture

Oh really? Interesting

If you haven't already received it, just wait for the supplemental and all your questions will be answered :horns:

Submitted Maryland app July 28th and paid supp fee same day. They sent me further supplement documents to fill out August 1st. The status on AADSA is received/ application complete. But I do not have my committee letter/dentist letter in yet. I know Nova is another school that looks at your application even without your committee letter(correct me if I'm wrong). Is Maryland the same? Also I forgot to send a photo lol, so I need to do that.

Completed my application for Maryland on July 11th. They received my DAT scores July 31st. Received an email today at 11 am that my application had been forwarded to their committee for review. Received another email at 4 pm to complete the supplemental.

Completed application on June 19. Received link to pay application fee on June 30. Maryland received my DAT score on July 31. Received an email today (8/2) to complete supplemental.

Status
Not open for further replies.