******Official MWU-IL C/O 2015 acceptance thread****

Hey everyone! Is anyone interviewing the 24th?

Members don't see this ad.

just out of curiosity... who was accepted to other dental schools but are choosing to attend MWU-IL?

I was accepted to two other programs and decided to go with MWU-IL.

can you let us know what your reasons were for choosing MWU over the other two schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the main advantage to attending MWU-IL is the modern approach to dentistry. This goes for both the didactic and clinical phases of the program. The didactic phase is systems-based, they are building a new multi-story building where we will be having the majority of our classes, and we will have a cutting edge sim-lab to prepare for the clinincal phase. I also really liked the quarter system and the proposed academic calender at MWU-IL. The other programs started earlier and really only had a month for summer and a couple of weeks for winter. I just got the vibe that they understood education. Also, the clinic will have cutting edge facilities. At the interview the faculty members emphasized how their program is more modern and will underscore trends that are big right now in dentistry--like cosmetic dentistry, less time in the lab and more time in the chair, etc...There will be no postgraduate residencies so we will get to see complex cases that will prepare us well. I can't imagine there will be a shortage of patients in the Chicago area. The major downside for me is the cost. It was more expensive than my other options, but I'm hoping we will get what we pay for!

I got in 6 days after the interview. Waiting on another school before I make my final decision...

:)anyone interviewing after march 25th?
i guess i am in the last group of the interview, and hopefully there are still some seats left..

Yea they told us all yesterday (I was in the 24th batch) that the 25th was the last day.....I thought the interview was amazing...I wonder how much weight they give to it...they told us they didn't know how many seats were occupied...I wish I knew!

Hey everyone...I'm trying to figure out who to email to thank them but I forgot all of the interviewer's names and ah I don't know what to do!!

How much weight do you suppose they give to the interview for Midwestern....oh gosh I'm sooo nervous and I really want to get in and am super anxious :-/

Hey everyone...I'm trying to figure out who to email to thank them but I forgot all of the interviewer's names and ah I don't know what to do!!

I got interviewed in late November and got accepted on Dec 1. I didn't remember any of their names nor their emails. You should just wait for two weeks and I don't think it makes any difference if you send thank-you letters to them. Good luck!!

anybody heard from MWU for those who had interview on late march?

I called them yesterday and they said that adcom wouldn't meet until the middle of April and we shouldn't expect to hear anything until the end of the month. That's consistent with what we were told at my interview, but a later interview was told to expect to hear something by tomorrow, so I'm not sure what to believe.

I called them yesterday and they said that adcom wouldn't meet until the middle of April and we shouldn't expect to hear anything until the end of the month. That's consistent with what we were told at my interview, but a later interview was told to expect to hear something by tomorrow, so I'm not sure what to believe.

wow middle of april.. thats pretty late i think.

oh well.. hopefully i hear good news from them soon.

btw, when did u have your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview last week (the 24th) and they said within 3 weeks we would find out if we were accepted, denied, or waitlisted....one week has passed so within 2 weeks now!

perhaps this has to do with waitlisted people?

I seriously doubt it. I interviewed on march 10 and they told us that the class was a little more than 3/4 full. I thought it might have more to do with them finding out about multiple deposits and giving 2 weeks for that to get all straightened out, but that's only my fairly uneducated guess.

Ok that person definitely deleted their post....but yea that is completely false if anyone read what that person said earlier about how the matriculation is delayed and the buildings aren't done etc...so stop trying to scare people!!

I sincerely apologize if anyone had an anxiety attack after reading my original post and actually taking it seriously. I assure you it was not my intention to cause anyone any serious stress. I was just trying to play a harmless april fools prank.

Last edited:
I sincerely apologize if anyone had an anxiety attack after reading my original post and actually taking it seriously. I assure you it was not my intention to cause anyone any serious stress. I was just trying to play a harmless april fools prank.

good one.

No worries....sorry for being one of those people who got seriously stressed out....a good freak out can be nice once in a while...i blame my lack of humor on my impatience and desire to be admitted

Yeah, I interviewed March 17 and they told us that we would hear back early April within the first 2 weeks or so, but if you called them and they said they won't be able to meet until middle of April then I guess there's nothing we can do but just wait it out...

I'm ok with waiting. I'm just a little confused by the conflicting stories coming from admissions. I just got a private message from another applicant saying they called admissions on Friday and they said adcom would meet in early April. That means they either changed their minds in the two days since I had called, or admissions and the dental school just aren't communicating that well.

Here's my assessment....all the people who interviewed in feb...some feb 4th some feb 11th etc they all seemed to find out on the 23rd of february....perhaps its just going to be the same thing and they are just going to decide this week? ah the anticipation!

**What I mean is all March candidates I think will perhaps find out at once? Based on the feb interviews?

Last edited:
That's what they said at the interview. I'm just curious about when adcom will meet since they seem to change their minds frequently.

Yea...definitely i think based on what was said during the interviews...they'll meet this week and then let us know? Also dentalduck...we are like mwu il bff....:)

I seriously doubt it. I interviewed on march 10 and they told us that the class was a little more than 3/4 full. I thought it might have more to do with them finding out about multiple deposits and giving 2 weeks for that to get all straightened out, but that's only my fairly uneducated guess.

Oh and I forgot to mention that they didn't tell us how many seats are left or how full the class was. They just said that there were definitely open spots...and nothing else.

I interviewed on March 17th and was told that we would probably hear back around mid April

I interviewed on March 17th and was told that we would probably hear back around mid April

I thought I heard Early April...=/
Congrats on Washington! =DD I think I know who you are heeheee! =DD

Me too, hopefully this means the ball is finally rolling.

me too! i was march 10th as well...hopefully we can put a face with a username soon!!

Goodluck you guys! Just hang in there, hopefully you'll all hear something soon!

HEY GUYS!!!

Just wanted to say I am part of the group that interviewed March 25, 2011. I just got my call this morning!!!! Gluck to everyone else and I hope you hear some good news!!!!!

J

Hey Everyone!! I got the call too!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!! I actually checked the page and noticed it was updated about half an hour before receiving the call!!

just got a call.
im in.
yes.
interviewed on march 25th as well.!

I GOT THE CALL AT 7:41am MT!!! God is GREAT!! Words cannot express the joy and relief I feel right now! To God be the glory!

I pray that the rest of you hear good news as well!

Last edited:
Hey Everyone!! I got the call too!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!! I actually checked the page and noticed it was updated about half an hour before receiving the call!!

CONGRATSSS!!! =D
Which page did you check? The MWU portal?

Hey Stephing...yes just check the MWU portal...it comes up on the right...accepted student checklist!

Could you please post a link. to
MWU portal...it comes up on the right...accepted student checklist!

Has anyone from the interviews held earlier in March heard back about anything yet??? :scared:

Has anyone from the interviews held earlier in March heard back about anything yet??? :scared:

no! havent heard anything positive or negative. is it possible they are going in reverse order for the march interview dates? RUDE! haha..what day were you?