You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official NBDE Part 1 Study Q & A Thread
Started by tinman831
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey guys, I thought I had to retake it but I passed 🙂
You guys are smarter than me I am sure u will all pass 😀
You guys are smarter than me I am sure u will all pass 😀
Hey guys, I thought I had to retake it but I passed 🙂
You guys are smarter than me I am sure u will all pass 😀
Congrats Koala 👍. what is ur breakdown??
(i think masseter)1)The proper axial inclination of the maxillary cuspid?
2)When one presses the tongue tip against the anterior (incisor) teeth, which of the muscles must contract?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi! can anyone please answer my queries??
conduction pathway for the cardiac impulse has different transmission velocities. the slowest rate of the conduction is in the
a. SA node
b. AV node ans
c.Purkinje fibers
d left bundle branch
e atrial muscle fibers
i think the ans shd be left bundle branch
conduction pathway for the cardiac impulse has different transmission velocities. the slowest rate of the conduction is in the
a. SA node
b. AV node ans
c.Purkinje fibers
d left bundle branch
e atrial muscle fibers
i think the ans shd be left bundle branch
slowest rate of conduction is AV nodehi! can anyone please answer my queries??
conduction pathway for the cardiac impulse has different transmission velocities. the slowest rate of the conduction is in the
a. SA node
b. AV node ans
c.Purkinje fibers
d left bundle branch
e atrial muscle fibers
i think the ans shd be left bundle branch
ADH and Oxytocin are not synthesized in hypothalamus..they are produced and stored in post pitutary...only ant hypophysis hormones are produced n hypothalamusADH is synthesised by
a. cells of post hypophysis ans
b. hypothalamic nuclei
c. ant pitutary
d. pars intermedia
e. none of the above
i think the ans shud be b. hypothalamic nuclei
Yes ADH and oxytocin synthesized in the Hypothalamus nuclei.👍ADH is synthesised by
a. cells of post hypophysis ans
b. hypothalamic nuclei
c. ant pitutary
d. pars intermedia
e. none of the above
i think the ans shud be b. hypothalamic nuclei
Hey guys, I thought I had to retake it but I passed 🙂
You guys are smarter than me I am sure u will all pass 😀
Congratulations Koala!!! Well done!
iam sorry ...yes its synthesized in hypothalamus nuclei...i dont know what i was thinking...ADH and Oxytocin are not synthesized in hypothalamus..they are produced and stored in post pitutary...only ant hypophysis hormones are produced n hypothalamus
ADH is synthesised by
a. cells of post hypophysis ans
b. hypothalamic nuclei
c. ant pitutary
d. pars intermedia
e. none of the above
i think the ans shud be b. hypothalamic nuclei
yeah its hypothalamic nuclei...I had the same query too this question was somewhere in decks or asda right...?
hi I had this query while studying decks....
von Reckling hausen disease is another name of Type one neurofibromatosis or Osteitis Fibrosa Cystica or both .....?
Can anyone help me out on this.....pls😕
Oh I was confused too when I read that....I think its both.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi I had this query while studying decks....
von Reckling hausen disease is another name of Type one neurofibromatosis or Osteitis Fibrosa Cystica or both .....?
Can anyone help me out on this.....pls😕
Its a disease that includes both. Neurofibromatosis and osteitis fibrosa (hyperparathyroidism )
Its a disease that includes both. Neurofibromatosis and osteitis fibrosa (hyperparathyroidism )
are you sure .....? I have researched the net couldn't find it can you give me any reference pls.....
are you sure .....? I have researched the net couldn't find it can you give me any reference pls.....
Medical oxford dictionary app had 2 points under this... May b its jst diff name.
i think it is styloglossus
its genioglossus
Plaque is a causative agent in chronic inflammatory periodontal disease because it
A
Is a precursor to calculus
B
Allows for bacterial growth
C
Mechanically irritates gingiva
D
Produces biochemical irritants
A
Is a precursor to calculus
B
Allows for bacterial growth
C
Mechanically irritates gingiva
D
Produces biochemical irritants
its genioglossus
ya, its genioglossus...m sorry
genioglossus is the one which causes protrusion🙁
acetylcholine is released at all the of the following junctions except
1. sympathetic ganglia
2. parasympathetic ganglia
3. somatic efferents to skeletal muscles
4. terminal sympathetic fibers to the heart (ans)
4 terminal sympathetic fibers to the adrenal medulla
according to me it should be 1
1. sympathetic ganglia
2. parasympathetic ganglia
3. somatic efferents to skeletal muscles
4. terminal sympathetic fibers to the heart (ans)
4 terminal sympathetic fibers to the adrenal medulla
according to me it should be 1
jaw closure in parafunctional activity varies from masticatory activity in which of the following ways;
a. teeth seldom, if ever in contact in mastication
b. teeth are in tight contact during mastication
c. teeth, seldom, if ever contact in parafunction
d.teeth are in tight contact during parafunction
e. masticatory cycles are vertical
the answer to above is a,d and e
can anyone please explain😕
a. teeth seldom, if ever in contact in mastication
b. teeth are in tight contact during mastication
c. teeth, seldom, if ever contact in parafunction
d.teeth are in tight contact during parafunction
e. masticatory cycles are vertical
the answer to above is a,d and e
can anyone please explain😕
Plaque is a causative agent in chronic inflammatory periodontal disease because it
A
Is a precursor to calculus
B
Allows for bacterial growth
C
Mechanically irritates gingiva
D
Produces biochemical irritants
i think it is b
please confirm
i think it is b
please confirm
They said d. I had doubt. But googled it and found plaque releases irritants
acetylcholine is released at all the of the following junctions except
1. sympathetic ganglia
2. parasympathetic ganglia
3. somatic efferents to skeletal muscles
4. terminal sympathetic fibers to the heart (ans)
4 terminal sympathetic fibers to the adrenal medulla
according to me it should be 1
Post ganglionic neuron to heart, smooth muscle in sympthetic is supplied by epinephrine
Asthma is precipitated by each of following mechanism EXCEPT
a. inc sympth stimulation
b. cox inhibitors
c. direct bronchodilator
d. inc vagal stimulation
e. type 1 hypersensitivity.
They say a, but i think it should be c
a. inc sympth stimulation
b. cox inhibitors
c. direct bronchodilator
d. inc vagal stimulation
e. type 1 hypersensitivity.
They say a, but i think it should be c
Both a and c are correct....since both cause bronchodilation.Asthma is precipitated by each of following mechanism EXCEPT
a. inc sympth stimulation
b. cox inhibitors
c. direct bronchodilator
d. inc vagal stimulation
e. type 1 hypersensitivity.
They say a, but i think it should be c
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jaw closure in parafunctional activity varies from masticatory activity in which of the following ways;
a. teeth seldom, if ever in contact in mastication
b. teeth are in tight contact during mastication
c. teeth, seldom, if ever contact in parafunction
d.teeth are in tight contact during parafunction
e. masticatory cycles are vertical
the answer to above is a,d and e
can anyone please explain😕
Correct answers are b,c,e.
b-the max.efficiency is seen only when teeth contact tightly(max. intercuspation) in mastication.
c-no teeth actually contacts in parafunction except in canine occl/group occlusion(seldom)
e-refers to the chewing stroke.👍
👍Both a and c are correct....since both cause bronchodilation.
Correct answers are b,c,e.
b-the max.efficiency is seen only when teeth contact tightly(max. intercuspation) in mastication.
c-no teeth actually contacts in parafunction except in canine occl/group occlusion(seldom)
e-refers to the chewing stroke.👍
Thankyou
I guess here its referring to the Aldosterone's action in kidneys....where it causes reabsortion of solutes ....thereby decreasing the osmolality.plasma osmolality decreases after infusion of
a aldosterone
b vasopressin
c angiotensin 2
d PTH
e isotonic saline
ans is a..please explain
acc. to me it should be e
Isotonic saline....doesnt cause any change in osmolality...(thats why isotonic!)👍
I guess here its referring to the Aldosterone's action in kidneys....where it causes reabsortion of solutes ....thereby decreasing the osmolality.
Isotonic saline....doesnt cause any change in osmolality...(thats why isotonic!)👍
aldosterone also causes re-absorption of water alongwith sodium
I passed. My score is not high ( 83 only ). But it's to tough for me because I have been learning english for 1.5 years only.
Thank God, this forum and all of you!
Wow Hatico.....Congratulations on passing!!!!👍 Well done!
Between you never said how was your exam??? Are you an FTD?
aldosterone also causes re-absorption of water alongwith sodium
Thats right too....I think when compared to the ADH water absorption Ald. water absorption is much lower maintaining still higher plasma osmolality. Anyway IMFdoc I'll get back to u with the confirmed answer...I am not sure about this.
yes, I am FTD.
there were many questions on exam that I did not see in ASDA papers, Kaplan or Decks. I found many answers in wiki. It looks like wiki is bases for making questions ))) Decks (+wiki) - more than enough to pass. Do not waste much time on old ASDA papers - only 3-5 questions in actual exam.
Good luck to all of you!
Disappointing!!! No ASDA🙁 Can you eloborate on your paper ? Not the questions I mean the whole thing in general...what were the major topics covered subject wise? Outside ASDA/decks/kaplan! Man you are making me nervous already Hatico!🙁
Disappointing!!! No ASDA🙁 Can you eloborate on your paper ? Not the questions I mean the whole thing in general...what were the major topics covered subject wise? Outside ASDA/decks/kaplan! Man you are making me nervous already Hatico!🙁
Do not nervous! You will be surprised - actual exam is easier than you excpect. There are many question on general knowledge and intuition. If you read Decks for 2 times than you will pass it 80-90.
Thanks Hatico but 🙁🙁 I am an FTD too.....so need to hit it in late 80s! But you said most of it wasn't from decks/kaplan???I doubt if just the decks are going to work for that.😕Do not nervous! You will be surprised - actual exam is easier than you excpect. There are many question on general knowledge and intuition. If you read Decks for 2 times than you will pass it 80-90.
Thanks Hatico but 🙁🙁 I am an FTD too.....so need to hit it in late 80s! But you said most of it wasn't from decks/kaplan???I doubt if just the decks are going to work for that.😕
I said ''many", not ''most''🙂
row "late 80's" is equal to 77-80% of correct answers. i'm sure you will get it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I said ''many", not ''most''🙂
row "late 80's" is equal to 77-80% of correct answers. i'm sure you will get it.
Thanks Hatico....goodluck to you. Hope you get in
Stick around!as usual i have doubts😳
so, please help me
HOLLY J thanku in advance, u have been great help🙂
1. does brain utilize fatty acids as fuel?
2.Is secretion of saliva stimulated by both sym and parasym system?
3. Coenzyme for complex II of oxidative phoshprylation. is it ubiquinone or succinyl
co-A
4. By- products of urea cycle- arginine or fumarate
5. which nerve does not innervate gingiva? XII or infraorbital
6. which cusp is larger M-D in primary mandibular molar? MB or DB
😕😕😕😕😕😕😕
so, please help me
HOLLY J thanku in advance, u have been great help🙂
1. does brain utilize fatty acids as fuel?
2.Is secretion of saliva stimulated by both sym and parasym system?
3. Coenzyme for complex II of oxidative phoshprylation. is it ubiquinone or succinyl
co-A
4. By- products of urea cycle- arginine or fumarate
5. which nerve does not innervate gingiva? XII or infraorbital
6. which cusp is larger M-D in primary mandibular molar? MB or DB
😕😕😕😕😕😕😕
1. It doesnt use FAs.as usual i have doubts😳
so, please help me
HOLLY J thanku in advance, u have been great help🙂
1. does brain utilize fatty acids as fuel?
2.Is secretion of saliva stimulated by both sym and parasym system?
3. Coenzyme for complex II of oxidative phoshprylation. is it ubiquinone or succinyl
co-A
4. By- products of urea cycle- arginine or fumarate
5. which nerve does not innervate gingiva? XII or infraorbital
6. which cusp is larger M-D in primary mandibular molar? MB or DB
😕😕😕😕😕😕😕
2.Both
3.Ubiquinone is the coenzyme for succinate DH complex.
4.Havent heard Hypoglossal innervating gingiva!
5.MB I guess....never heard of DB being larger in any aspect.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
