**** Official OHSU C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread ****

dentit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any news from OHSU? Invites? Rejections? Seems like they're off to a really slow start this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing yet...still waiting patiently for a letter or AADSAS update. Are you in-state?

Nothing yet...still waiting patiently for a letter or AADSAS update. Are you in-state?

I'm a WICHE applicant...did you receive the snail mail competitive letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a WICHE applicant...did you receive the snail mail competitive letter?

I'm OOS but not WICHE. I got the letter stating that I'm in some sort of competitive pool. What exactly does this mean?

Isn't their application deadline approaching?:rolleyes:

I'm in-state, but haven't received any letter yet. Any other in-state applicants here who have received a letter?

I'm in-state, but haven't received any letter yet. Any other in-state applicants here who have received a letter?

edcampbe-I'm in the same boat...WICHE applicant, mailing date was 8/20, no letter in the mail. What was your mailing date?

Last edited:
I'm in-state an haven't received a letter yet either. I heard from my advisor yesterday that they are giving up some Oregon seats to the out of staters. They are trying to work something out and it's causing them to take a little longer than usual. Good news to some, bad news for others.

I'm in-state an haven't received a letter yet either. I heard from my advisor yesterday that they are giving up some Oregon seats to the out of staters. They are trying to work something out and it's causing them to take a little longer than usual. Good news to some, bad news for others.

timewatley-thank you for sharing the info you learned. Could you clarify what you think your advisor meant about giving up some Oregon seats to the out of staters?

Do you think they want to take more out of staters for the sake of getting more tuition money?

Yeah, that's what my advisor took from the message. I'm sure we'll hear more soon

I really hope your advisor is right:xf:

I will take those seats from you Oregonians and smile :D. Living in Vancouver, WA is pretty much a suburb of Portland anyway.

I got the "competitive pool letter between 1 and 2 months ago. Sounded like good news to me....

@dentit - my mailing date was 8/13 and my DAT arrived on 9/10. I haven't heard of any Oregonians who have received a letter yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have any guesses when OHSU will start sending out invites?

Probably pretty late...sounds like they are having some issues

Mark did mention something along the line of accepting more out of state student, but he said that was something that might happen in the future.. I didn't think it would be so soon. I haven't received any letter in the mail yet, and I'm in-state. Are the letters only for out-of-state students?

That's what I was thinking. I haven't heard of an in-state applicant recieving a letter yet. How many seats do you think they'll take from us loyal Oregonians?

I'm instate as well. I haven't heard anything new from OHSU. ( I have only received the AADSAS update and a receipt for my app fee.)

I think perhaps we will see some action in November? Or atleast that is what I am hoping.

Just received an email from OHSU requesting Basic Science Letter of Eval/Recommendation in order to supplement my application.

I previously sent via AADSAS a committee letter which included 3 science professor letters and a separate dentist letter.

The email goes on to state that a complete portfolio consists of the following:

- Two letters from basic science faculty and one letter from dentist

-or-

- One pre-professional committee letter that should include one reference from a dental professional

I am stumped on this one. What do you think they still need? I tried to call but could only leave a message.

Hey,
I'm pretty sure there must be a mistake or something. Just keep calling until someone answers the phone. That's the only way you'll get a decent answer. I don't think you have anything to worry about though since you've completed a committee letter and got that dentist letter.

Just received an email from OHSU requesting Basic Science Letter of Eval/Recommendation in order to supplement my application.

I previously sent via AADSAS a committee letter which included 3 science professor letters and a separate dentist letter.

The email goes on to state that a complete portfolio consists of the following:

- Two letters from basic science faculty and one letter from dentist

-or-

- One pre-professional committee letter that should include one reference from a dental professional

I am stumped on this one. What do you think they still need? I tried to call but could only leave a message.

Deadline's coming up. OHSU sounds really good, I just recently discovered it. I'm a Michigan resident but noticed on predents they haven't given any interview invitations yet. Do you think its even worth applying now?

I've got a 3.4 overall, 3.28 science. AA 21, TS 22, PAT 19

@lusity - I called OHSU last week and they told me everyone should get a letter in-state or out-of-state. They also said most of their interviews would be post-Dec.

@lusity - I called OHSU last week and they told me everyone should get a letter in-state or out-of-state. They also said most of their interviews would be post-Dec.

the letter that Lusity got?

I mean everyone should receive a letter from OHSU prior to receiving an interview invite (i.e. you are a competitive applicant vs. we are not ready to make a decision on your application at this time). It seems like several WICHE and OOS applicants have recieved one of these letters, but I haven't heard of any in-state applicants receiving this letter yet.

friend of mine got an ohsu invite so it looks like they've started. Email, but the email said there would be something in the mail too.

Did your friend get a letter in the mail before he got his interview invite? One of the letters saying he was competitive?

No "you're competitive" letter, no letter before the invite at all.

Out of state.

They must be doing something...my supplemental section on AADSAS was updated about a month ago saying "no action/response required" and they just updated it today and left the same message.

I recieved an interview invitation yesterday by Email. About 1 month ago I got the competitive Applicant letter. I'm OOS.

Stats
3.58 Science
3.63 Overall
20 A.A
21 T.S.
23 PAT

I recieved an interview invitation yesterday by Email. About 1 month ago I got the competitive Applicant letter. I'm OOS.

Stats
3.58 Science
3.63 Overall
20 A.A
21 T.S.
23 PAT

congratulations! what is the first day of interviews?

Stats
3.58 Science
3.63 Overall
20 A.A
21 T.S.
23 PAT

yaaayyy.. they finally started.. congrats:thumbup:

Mind sharing your first letter of last name? I wonder if they're going alphabetically.

I'm in-state and just opened my competitive letter, so looks like they're finally getting to the in-staters. Hopefully all you other in-staters received the letter as well. Good luck guys

Just got an interview invite! :D Not sure when it will be, I had to just leave a message with the admissions desk.

Just got an interview invite! :D Not sure when it will be, I had to just leave a message with the admissions desk.

Congrats,
in state, out of state? Mail date? and all the good stuff.:rolleyes:

I'm a WA resident, reapplicant, app was sent out in the first batch and I have a S 3.68/ NS 3.96 GPA and 19/20/20 DAT.

I'm a WA resident, reapplicant, app was sent out in the first batch and I have a S 3.68/ NS 3.96 GPA and 19/20/20 DAT.

Congrats :) do keep us posted!

*edit*

I'm in-state and just opened my competitive letter, so looks like they're finally getting to the in-staters. Hopefully all you other in-staters received the letter as well. Good luck guys

Same here :) I checked the mail today and got a competitive letter and I'm in-state also.

Last edited:
Awesome news. Hopefully we hear something in the near future!

@ lusity - Did AADSAS supplemental materials section update sometime within the past week for OHSU? Congrats on getting the competitive letter -- hopefully mine is in the mail :)

@ lusity - Did AADSAS supplemental materials section update sometime within the past week for OHSU? Congrats on getting the competitive letter -- hopefully mine is in the mail :)

The supplemental materials section was last updated 10/27/2010. The competitive letter was postmarked 10/29/2010. Good luck :)

Does OHSU have a secondary? My supplemental never changed from "No Action/Response Required" back in September, but I have an interview on Nov. 22nd... hm.

Same for me.

timwatley-what was your mailing date? OHSU last updated my supplemental section 9/23...still crossing my fingers I get one of those competitive letters soon! Good luck with all your other apps!!

timwatley-what was your mailing date? OHSU last updated my supplemental section 9/23...still crossing my fingers I get one of those competitive letters soon! Good luck with all your other apps!!

My app was mailed 7/23, and my DAT scores were mailed/received 9/24. I'm hoping my DAT didn't get there too late. It sounds like they are just getting started so don't get too worried

The waiting is the worst part. Predents is up to 5 people interviewed for OHSU. 4 OOS, and one with no state.