**** Official OHSU C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread ****

Actually international lol :) super psyched!! Good luck to anyone else still interviewing/waiting!!

Congratulations! Are you IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any news about how many seats are still open, especially for OOS? Also, has anyone been invited for an interview since April 1?

Does anybody know the name of the interviewers and what kind of questions they ask? I have read all the posts and nobody mentioned anything specific. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know the name of the interviewers and what kind of questions they ask? I have read all the posts and nobody mentioned anything specific. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Does this mean you have an interview coming up? When did you get your invite? Are you OOS or IS?
As for questions they ask, I have interviewed there for the last two years and it depends on the interviewer. I was never asked any consistent "form questions". In fact, one of my interviewers just talked the entire time and I barely spoke. And generally you will meet with two interviewers. You will be expected to write a short essay on one of the generic questions..it's just a writing sample. Good luck!

I haven't heard anything yet, just trying to be prepared if they call. I'm from Seattle and only applied to UW and OHSU. I had an interview from uw and now hopping to get an interview from OHSU.

Thanks for the information it was very helpful.

Thanks.

I interviewed with a neurosci researcher & a former practitioner in restorative dentistry. Both REALLY nice....honestly just be yourself, have good reasons for wanting to be a dentist, and be sure that you can convince them that you will also make a good dentist and know what the career really entails....also have specific reasons for why you are interested in the school - check out the school website, i.e. know about their specialties, that the lab-work is pretty intensive since nothing is outsourced, etc....(they asked me why I was interested in the school).
Also note that they are looking for all around "good people" as my one interviewer told me....i.e. they want people that can be compassionate, strong communicators, etc....so try and convey that side of yourself in your discussions....
BTW its super relaxed....
Yeah so that's just about everything I can think of :)
GL :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all the details candental. I always hear scary stories about interviewers, it makes me very nervous. But after what you said, I may actually sleep tonight.

Thank you very much for all the details candental. I always hear scary stories about interviewers, it makes me very nervous. But after what you said, I may actually sleep tonight.

Your welcome! Glad I could put your mind at ease :)

Does anyone know if OHSU does bulk acceptances (monthly or weekly)? I interviewed there last week...did anyone hear back yet?

I'm OOS fyi.

Does anyone know if OHSU does bulk acceptances (monthly or weekly)? I interviewed there last week...did anyone hear back yet?

I'm OOS fyi.

My friend had her interview on the 12th (I think) and she got accepted last week. It seems they are very quick at calling back. GL

Congrats to all who get accepted at OHSU SOD,

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
In case anyone is interested.. I just called them and was told they are still interviewing for a few more weeks but she could not say how many seats were left. :xf:

Hey has anybody recieved any news from OHSU? interviews, acceptances, rejections??? Just curious- any info would be appreciated.
Thank you :)

I called yesterday and they told me that there were seats still open and they'd be interviewing for a few more weeks.

I called yesterday and they told me that there were seats still open and they'd be interviewing for a few more weeks.

Same here. They told me there are total of 10 seats left and they are going to be done very soon.

I forgot to mention that they're not done inviting people to interviews either, so there's still hope.

I interviewed last week. On that day, Mark said there were about 15 OOS seats still open and they were probably going to send out 20 more invites. The 3rd year student I ate lunch with said that it seems like at this point if you get an interview and don't bomb it you have a pretty good chance of getting in. Mark (the big-wig admissions guy) mentioned that they might be done with interviews by the end of next week, and that I might hear something back as soon as that afternoon. I still haven't heard yea or nay. My fingers are only uncrossed long enough for me to check my email every hour or so!

It's not 15 seats that are still open for OOS. The 15 seats are their quota for this year admission. You are looking at less than 15 open seats for OOS as of this point.
Just as GMoney had posted a few days ago, that number is around 10.

It's not 15 seats that are still open for OOS. The 15 seats are their quota for this year admission. You are looking at less than 15 open seats for OOS as of this point.
Just as GMoney had posted a few days ago, that number is around 10.

Anybody know how many IS seats there are left?

I know it's a little silly, but I have a question for those who have already been accepted. What time of day did you receive your email of admission? The suspense is killing me...:xf:

I am accepted to and going to attend OHSU this Fall. I am not an Oregon resident. I had my interview Friday April 29 and was accepted Thursday May 5, via an email that came about 4:30 pacific time. As for information that I was told about further acceptances, Mark said (as was previously stated) that 15 spots were open at the time I interviewed and that they had interviews done or scheduled with 12 people from the wave of invites sent out in my group. He said he was reviewing more applications to send out more interview invites but did not give a specific number. He also said he was mostly looking at out of state applications. Hope that info helps those of you still waiting. Good luck!!

I am accepted to and going to attend OHSU this Fall. I am not an Oregon resident. I had my interview Friday April 29 and was accepted Thursday May 5, via an email that came about 4:30 pacific time. As for information that I was told about further acceptances, Mark said (as was previously stated) that 15 spots were open at the time I interviewed and that they had interviews done or scheduled with 12 people from the wave of invites sent out in my group. He said he was reviewing more applications to send out more interview invites but did not give a specific number. He also said he was mostly looking at out of state applications. Hope that info helps those of you still waiting. Good luck!!

Thank you much for the information. I don't think they will be sending out invitations anymore. I'm getting ready to reapply for the next cycle. Good luck to everyone.

Thank you much for the information. I don't think they will be sending out invitations anymore. I'm getting ready to reapply for the next cycle. Good luck to everyone.

I have heard that there's going to be at least one more wave of invites and that there are still in state seats available, at least that was the plan as of last Friday.

Does anybody have an idea when they will be done with filling the class and is thier a waiting list? :confused:

Interviewed May 5th, accepted on May 11th at 4:24pm. Thanks for the info everyone! Can I get the facebook group invite? Good luck to the rest of you.

Interviewed May 5th, accepted on May 11th at 4:24pm. Thanks for the info everyone! Can I get the facebook group invite? Good luck to the rest of you.

Congrats tgb. Glad to see you got in.:thumbup: I'll see you there this fall. Also can I get a Facebook group invite?

Congrats tgb. Glad to see you got in.:thumbup: I'll see you there this fall. Also can I get a Facebook group invite?

After I posted that, I just looked it up on facebook and made a request.

As of Friday, the gal who answered said they were not done sending invites for interviews and said that there were still OOS and IS spots available but again, would not give numbers. Just FYI for those die-hards who are still hoping (like me!) ;)

I can't add you to the facebook group if I don't know your facebook id. It's much easier for me to approve your request. If you're accepted and attending OHSU next year then go to the page and request to join.

I'm still on the waiting list and received an email for the NHSC Scholarship Application from OHSU. Do they send this to everyone who got interviews or people who got accepted? I want to apply to this program, but I'm not sure if I should fill it out unless I know I got accepted.

I'm still on the waiting list and received an email for the NHSC Scholarship Application from OHSU. Do they send this to everyone who got interviews or people who got accepted? I want to apply to this program, but I'm not sure if I should fill it out unless I know I got accepted.

They send out to anybody who got an interview, did they send you an email to let you know you were on a waiting list? is it a ranked waiting list?

They send out to anybody who got an interview, did they send you an email to let you know you were on a waiting list? is it a ranked waiting list?

I'm assuming that everyone who got interviewed and hasn't heard yes or no from them is on a waiting list.

Last edited:
To anyone still wondering: I just got off the phone with Jenna and she told me that the ADCOM hasn't decided whether or not to offer anymore interviews.

As of Tuesday the class is still not full and they're still not done interviewing/inviting people for interviews.

I just got an email from OHSU Admissions today and they said that they held their last interview session today and are sending out notifications later this week.

I just got an email from OHSU Admissions today and they said that they held their last interview session today and are sending out notifications later this week.

I didn't get this e-mail yet. Still hoping here!!

I just called them and they are indeed done interviewing.

I hear they're sending letters out this week to update everyone on their status...

Good luck!! :xf:

I hear they're sending letters out this week to update everyone on their status... Good luck!! :xf:
I just recieved my letter today, im an alternate. Im still hopefull! anybody recieved thier letter as of yet?

I can't add you to the facebook group if I don't know your facebook id. It's much easier for me to approve your request. If you're accepted and attending OHSU next year then go to the page and request to join.

Whats the name of the group on Facebook?

I just recieved my letter today, im an alternate. Im still hopefull! anybody recieved thier letter as of yet?

I received a letter about the same time for alternate status, but declined because I have already committed to MWU-AZ. Good luck, guys!