**** Official OHSU C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread ****

I am an OOS and interviewed mid November and was accepted on Dec. 2

Members don't see this ad.

I am an OOS and interviewed mid November and was accepted on Dec. 2

Also they had only interviewed 11 people before me which means they still have a lot of interviewing to do and they said most of their acceptances aren't until January/February. They aren't doing any acceptances or interviews over Christmas break. I think they've been done with interviews for a few days and won't start back up again until the new year. So you all still have plenty of hope.

Big fan of OHSU. I personally feel that it's one the most underrated dental schools around here. Great clinics, location, and students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm positive that I got the non-competitive letter, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the various codes meant. I got i:/BL. Also, does anyone know if the academic update can change this? For instance, my grades in my first term if grad school raised my GPAs around 0.1 each (Science to 3.17 from 3.07 and overall to 3.25 from 3.15).

Thanks guys.

I also got the competitive letter in the mail a few months ago and I'm still waiting like most of you. The anticipation is killing me! I'm curious why they're waiting so long?

Last edited:
I also got the competitive letter in the mail a few months ago and I'm still waiting like most of you. The anticipation is killing me! I'm curious why they're waiting so long?

is this your 1st one or 2nd?

No, I've only had one. It was around a few months ago that I received it.

I too got the competitive applicant letter dated 11/15. I also got an email on 11/13 asking for verification of observation hours. Did anyone else get this?

I'm an out-of-state student, by the way.

Best of Luck to everybody!

Nothing, I heard they'll start early January for in-state...so pretty soon hopefully. Good luck!

Just out of curiousity, what is tuition/fees up to now at OHSU for in-staters ??? I've heard rumor that they have gone up significantly since I interviewed there a few years ago.
Can any current students pipe in on what you have paid for everything minus livining/personal expenses ???
I'm just curious, but I think it would be beneficial to applicants as well as you will soon come to find that WHAT THEY TELL YOU IN THE INTERVIEW AND WHAT THEY SHOW YOU ON THEIR OUT-DATED TUITION/FEE SCHEDULE WITH THE YEAR CHANGED IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU PAY!!! I'm talking a about EVERY dental school, not just OHSU.

OHSU is an AWESOME school, however, the financial difficulties of the school have caused increased tuition and bumping out some of their own Oregonians from seats in the class which they are qualified for...

Got an interview invitation today at 9pm via eMail!!! w0000t w0000t! btw I'm in-state.. it's finally our turn! :)
Anyone else hear back from them???

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invitation today at 9pm via eMail!!! w0000t w0000t! btw I'm in-state.. it's finally our turn! :)
Anyone else hear back from them???

Got the same email! In-state too!

Congrats! I'm glad to see there is finally some movement for us Oregonians. I am curious to know when you first submitted your AADSAS application, not when it was completed.

Congrats! I'm glad to see there is finally some movement for us Oregonians. I am curious to know when you first submitted your AADSAS application, not when it was completed.

App submitted July 25th (complete Aug 20th).

Sounds like they have days available throughout Jan, except they don't interview on Wednesdays.

Congrats! Have those accepted decided on OHSU for sure? I'd like to start getting to know my future classmates :). Still technically waiting for my in-state school to get back to me, but I paid my deposit and Oregon has been incredibly cool throughout the whole application process (a "Happy New Year" card from them- way to make your students feel wanted!).

I just turned down my acceptance to OHSU, I think it is an outstanding school, but I got in to my #1 and #2 (Creighton and Midwestern-AZ), and I couldn't turn them down. By the way, I'm OOS, interviewed on Nov. 12, and accepted via email on Dec. 1! Good luck to everyone else going there!

Congrats! Have those accepted decided on OHSU for sure? I'd like to start getting to know my future classmates :). Still technically waiting for my in-state school to get back to me, but I paid my deposit and Oregon has been incredibly cool throughout the whole application process (a "Happy New Year" card from them- way to make your students feel wanted!).

Hey onlyahobo, Congrats!! I have put in my deposit as well and have tailored my spring semester to Oregon's requirements. I'm waiting to hear from Michigan which will have to be soon b/c I'd have to change up my spring semester for them and that would take some work getting into full classes. But it's looking like I'm 85% sure I'll be going to OHSU! I do agree they have been amazing with the whole application process and the New Year's card was a nice touch.

I just turned down my acceptance to OHSU, I think it is an outstanding school, but I got in to my #1 and #2 (Creighton and Midwestern-AZ), and I couldn't turn them down. By the way, I'm OOS, interviewed on Nov. 12, and accepted via email on Dec. 1! Good luck to everyone else going there!

I'm just curious why Creighton and Midwestern-AZ are a higher priority for you than Oregon? I know Creighton has great clinic but so does Oregon. And why Midwestern? But that's awesome! Congratulations.

Hey onlyahobo, Congrats!! I have put in my deposit as well and have tailored my spring semester to Oregon's requirements. I'm waiting to hear from Michigan which will have to be soon b/c I'd have to change up my spring semester for them and that would take some work getting into full classes. But it's looking like I'm 85% sure I'll be going to OHSU! I do agree they have been amazing with the whole application process and the New Year's card was a nice touch.

I'm just curious why Creighton and Midwestern-AZ are a higher priority for you than Oregon? I know Creighton has great clinic but so does Oregon. And why Midwestern? But that's awesome! Congratulations.

Creighton is significantly cheaper than OHSU. Also, I really like Omaha, and it's a lot cheaper to live there than Portland. Midwestern has an awesome curriculum and incredible facilities, probably the best in the country, but they are as expensive as Oregon, although living in Phoenix is extremely reasonable right now. If cost was the same, I would likely be going to Midwestern, but to save 80k, I'll likely be attending Creighton.

I just received an e-mail interview invite! I'm an in-state applicant.

I just received an e-mail interview invite! I'm an in-state applicant.

Congrats :)

For those of you who have interviewed at OHSU, how did the interview go? Was it chill/laid back?

Good luck guys! The interviewers are super chill, just be yourself. Really. I know everyone says that about interviews just to calm you down, but it feels as though OHSU truly lives up to simply searching you out as a human being. Be honest, show your sincere passion for dentistry and you'll be golden.

I received an invite last night! Very excited to have a shot at a great school. Good luck guys.

I logged into AADSAS today and saw that I have an interview. My "Supplemental Materials" and my "Decisions" dates updated. I'm an in-state applicant.

For those of you who have been accepted or interviewed recently...did you notice if the supplemental materials section on AADSAS updated the day before or the day your acceptance arrived?

For those of you who have been accepted or interviewed recently...did you notice if the supplemental materials section on AADSAS updated the day before or the day your acceptance arrived?

Did you have your interview already?

same here. my status changed on aadsas, but i haven't received any email/letter from them.

I interviewed on Monday and my supplemental materials section updated early this morning (with yesterday's 1-13-11 date). Have you interviewed? When did your supplemental materials section update?

Awesome, Sounds promising with the supplemental update. I interview on Tuesday, pretty excited...slightly nervous.

I interviewed on Monday and my supplemental materials section updated early this morning (with yesterday's 1-13-11 date). Have you interviewed? When did your supplemental materials section update?

I heard they hand out acceptances on Thursdays, so they might have run through your application then, which is why you saw the update.

@lusity - I thought maybe they hand out acceptances on Thursdays; however, according to predents it looks like they passed out acceptances on many different days of the week in previous years. Time will tell...

^^
I don't know about previous cycles, but I'm just passing along what I heard for this cycle. Take it with a grain of salt :)

How did your interview go? How many students were there for interview day? My friend said it's getting busy and they're really getting the ball rolling now.

I thought the interviews went well. I had five additional applicants on my day -- all from Oregon. Mark said we were the first Oregonians to interview. As far as I know, there have not been any acceptances for Oregonians passed out yet

From what Mark told me, OHSU does batch updates on AADSAS on Thursdays.
However, acceptances can technically be sent any time via e-mail, and will be updated on AADSAS shortly afterward.

Last edited:
does anyone have an idea of how many spots are already filled at OHSU?

The first in state acceptances should be handed out sometime today, that's what they said at my interview Tuesday. As far as out of state, I think there are still a good amount of spots left.

goodluck to all those who have interviewed already!

Have any WICHE applicants received interviews or acceptances from OHSU??

In state acceptance today via AADSAS. Good luck all.

I interviewed last Thursday and I'm finally in the home stretch of waiting. I've heard people say OHSU gives out acceptance on Thursday but I asked when I was in the admissions office and they said acceptances could be offered any day. However, I have two friends that got acceptances last Thursday, so I'm hoping tomorrow is my day.

This thread seems to be getting a little stale. I know there are people who've interviewed and been accepted. Some schools threads are so active, and it'd be nice for all of us out here to hear about other candidates experiences and where they are in the process, what they've heard, etc.

Has anybody been accepted any other day than Thursday, other than December 1st? Has anybody recently accepted or wait listed?

I got accepted on a Wednesday (today)... so yes, they hand out acceptances on days other than Thursdays.

I also got an acceptance email and AADSAS update yesterday (01/26/2011). Super stoked. Looking forward to meeting all of my classmates. Good luck everybody.

Received a letter of acceptance yesterday. As of January 21, OHSU sent out ten offers to Oregon residents. The total number of Oregonians that they plan to accept this year is only 35 compare to 49 last year.

Received an acceptance email yesterday around 5pm. In state, I interviewed on Jan. 10th. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats jdog! I think I interviewed the same day as you -- look forward to seeing you again at orientation.

Are OOS applicants still interviewing? I am still under review...

@iamjackbauer-nice! congrats. What were your stats? Did you apply early in the cycle? GL on your interview.