Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ones where you're the child/long time family friend of faculty or did a intern year where you excelled.
Disagree. People get matched with scores in the 50s each year with no such advantage.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ones where you're the child/long time family friend of faculty or did a intern year where you excelled.
can you please give me few pointers on where to apply and any tips on how to approach low cbse scores in the interview for 4 year programs. Also, any pointers if its okay to mention that I have applied to other surgucal programs as well perio?Disagree. People get matched with scores in the 50s each year with no such advantage.
can you please give me few pointers on where to apply and any tips on how to approach low cbse scores in the interview for 4 year programs. Also, any pointers if its okay to mention that I have applied to other surgucal programs as well perio?
Thank you.
As we mentioned before, don't apply to both. They are night and day apart.
Perio could disappear tomorrow and everyone would be fine. Hygienists would just have more cleanings to do that's all.



Here's your first problem.surgucal programs as well perio?
I understand how both fields are like day and night. I AM passionate about surgery 100%. However, being a foreign graduate without any permanent resident status, the chances are very narrow for me. That is why I am keeping perio which is the closest to surgery. It's not that I have questionable intentions, I am just trying to be practical. My pursuit for surgical internships is all based on my personal judgments and I keep trying to have a check-list, some concrete stuff that should help me match.Here's your first problem.
I understand how both fields are like day and night. I AM passionate about surgery 100%. However, being a foreign graduate without any permanent resident status, the chances are very narrow for me. That is why I am keeping perio which is the closest to surgery. It's not that I have questionable intentions, I am just trying to be practical. My pursuit for surgical internships is all based on my personal judgments and I keep trying to have a check-list, some concrete stuff that should help me match.
Guys please guide me. I need your help.
thank you for pointing out. However, I am not the first one to deviate from the original subject as evident by the thread and I appreciate all the help I can get.@Aspiring4OMFS this thread is for Match results. Please begin new thread or direct your comments about your chances and hypothetical scenarios elsewhere.
Know at least 4 who matched with scores less than 70. 2 of these below 65. Rest of the application was non-remarkable either.
HOWEVER, I also know of at least one >70 who didn’t match.I agree with you - I know so many people who match with low 60s, OR LESS!
Low class rank or externships?HOWEVER, I also know of at least one >70 who didn’t match.
HOWEVER, I also know of at least one >70 who didn’t match.
I agree with you - I know so many people who match with low 60s, OR LESS!
Same, with >10 interviews too.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.